Sign in to follow this  
hyporich

taoist groups in the uk

does anyone know of any taoist groups in the uk,NOT the british taoist assosiation(had some negative experiences with these people)Also i have recently been diagnosed with depression(what a laugh that is)do you think tai chi chuan,chi kung and meditation would be of help,i have been offered meds but feel very cautious about going down that .hope that someone can help.......thank you

does anyone know of any taoist groups in the uk,NOT the british taoist assosiation(had some negative experiences with these people)Also i have recently been diagnosed with depression(what a laugh that is)do you think tai chi chuan,chi kung and meditation would be of help,i have been offered meds but feel very cautious about going down that .hope that someone can help.......thank you

hello 'hyporich' - tight intro - i am sure you will find correspondence here.

"always a component of anxiety in depression".

where are you in taoist studies?

most welcome.

hello 'hyporich' - tight intro - i am sure you will find correspondence here.

"always a component of anxiety in depression".

where are you in taoist studies?

most welcome.

Hi "trailmaker"

Thanks for the response.I just read your quote,i guess depression relates to the past and anxiety is a fear of the future?i dont know,best that i stay in the present...............Where am i in my daoist studys?Well if a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step,i am just leaving my front door........Just hope i can make contact with some good people.......

Hi Hyporich and welcome to Taobums,

I've had some good teachers in the UK but they are hard to find and at the moment I don't know of one. I think Tai Chi would help you with depression. Physical things can be quite effective for breaking through moods. If you don't meditate now then that would also help.

A.

Hi Hyporich and welcome to Taobums,

I've had some good teachers in the UK but they are hard to find and at the moment I don't know of one. I think Tai Chi would help you with depression. Physical things can be quite effective for breaking through moods. If you don't meditate now then that would also help.

A.

I did go to a tai chi club but the first leason you had to pay membership and a months worth of classes(100 pounds)total,a real shame.I have tried a little meditation who would have thought sitting quietly would be so difficult....................

I did go to a tai chi club but the first leason you had to pay membership and a months worth of classes(100 pounds)total,a real shame.I have tried a little meditation who would have thought sitting quietly would be so difficult....................

100 pounds! I think there's a website for finding local Tai Chi ... I'll look it up ... its fair enough to pay for lessons but that's too much!

You could try this one :

Tai Chi Union

depends where you live I suppose.

Meditation is quite difficult - but will give you good results if you persist. Again you are best to find a teacher ... Buddhist groups are good and will usually teach you basic mediation without any pressure to become a Buddhist ... but you need to find somewhere you feel comfortable... so suggest that you look around and go with your gut instincts.

A.

Edited by apepch7

Sign in to follow this