joeblast

The Cool Picture Thread

True that.  But if I allowed a potential opponent to get that close to me I would have made a serious mistake.

(Some of my knives are four feet long.)

Hmmm ... what's the diff between a 4 ' long knife from a 4' long one handed sword ? 

tumblr_mzjhrhyxDf1rrjmgoo1_500.jpg

Yes, it may look like an 'Indonesian Sabre ' .....   but is actually a straight sword that tried to piece my chest while I was practicing 'iron heart chi '   .

;)     

• Like 1

Hmmm ... what's the diff between a 4 ' long knife from a 4' long one handed sword ? 

All my swords are left-handed swords.

• Like 2

I will have you know there are NO left handed swordsman !    You ..... incorrect fellow, you !  

I havent learnt one single left hand sword technique.  I asked why and was told there were no left handed swordsman .

?   :unsure:

After some research I found out one was 'not allowed to be'  left handed as a swordsman in Japan.   How can this be so ? Surely a left handed man would learn to use a sword left handed ?    .... but then I realised ;

Some guy in feudal Japan  ;  " Hey !  I am a left - handed swordsman ! "

"Oh really?  Show us ."  .........    chop !   ......    not anymore  ! "      :blink:

( Ohhhh ....  that's what they meant by 'not allowed to '    .  )

• Like 1

I just got my recent cranial x-rays back  .... the doc said he wanted to see what was going on my head ; 

tumblr_ny79f56YrY1qhccbco1_540.gif

• Like 8

Egypt  -  out in the middle of Western Desert , near   Bahariya  Oasis 

Image result for bahariya oasis

In the nearby 'The White Desert '  ....  

Image result for bahariya oasis

just next to   'The Black Desert '

Image result for Black desert Egypt Bahariya oasis

• Like 5

Crystal mountain - white desert '

CM_1.jpg

CM_6.jpg

CM_8big.jpg

ECM_2.jpg

ECM_4.jpg

WD_2.jpg

It should once be put right, that the crystals from the known Crystal Mountain (28° 26' E and 27° 39' N) between the oasis Bahariya and Farafra, northern of the White Desert, are no Quartz crystals. They are probably Barite (Schwerspat, BaSO4) and/or Calcite crystals (Kalkspat, CaCO3), which to ascertain at the hardness of the crystals easily. Quartz (SiO2) has the hardness 7, Barite and Calcite the hardness 3.5-3.0 (Mohs-scale). Quartz crystal can scratch glass, Barite or Calcite can it not.
The origin of this Crystal Mountain is interesting. The hill was opened during works at the road from Farafra to Bahariya by chance and destroyed in part. The material was installed into the road. Today is the Crystal Mountain a popular stop for the tourists.
Still more interesting is the geological context. The hill is not a paleokarst cave with columnar-shaped stalagmites. It is a subvolcanic vault, which was emerged probably during the Oligocene age. The visible layers are e.g. White Desert limestone of the Khoman Fm.
* (Late Cretaceous age), as well as a younger coal seam and hydrothermal impregnated reddish to brownish ferruginous layers. The strata are broken or brecciated and intensely with each other folded. It is to be ascertained intense heat. The coal seam e.g. was transformed to anthracite (?). The crystals have increased out of climbed hydrovolcanic solutions. The hot solutions were high concentrated with BaSO4 and/or CaCO3, which had been solved from the sediments. The solutions have penetrated into all cavities. After cooling of the solutions the crystals could increase. It were formed columns or round domes with crystals within.

http://www.b14643.de/Sahara/Crystal-Mountain/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

.......   smash them up and use as road base ???        :blink:

Sure, why not?  They should withstand the sands of time.

• Like 1

Tourism , thats why, people love going and looking at these sort of  formations .    Hopefully then went around the better ones and preserved them. 

In  Namibia there are similar places , and climate,  the road base ( and surface)  there is made by layering sand and salt and watering it and rolling it , successively    ....  seems to last years , when  worn, more salt and  sand and  water and rolling . 

Ends up sorta vitrified looking .   

Image result for sand and salt road in namibia

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois said:

4lfrTLGDdKM.jpg

5-dimentional dragon leaking into our bland 3-dimentional space. Good.

• Like 1

just your typical 140 year old mom with her 5 day old baby

mom.jpg

Edited by zerostao
looked like pic didn't post
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

looked like pic didn't post  

Looks that way to me too.

It is probably too pretty to be seen here.

• Like 3