Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

Are you a Daoist Spoon?

This talk of spoons is all very well but what you have all clearly failed to realise is that all utensils are empty of real selfhood. A spoon, any spoon, is just part of an endless stream of causation, a cycle if you like, of knife, fork, spoon, knife, fork, spoon ... which while not implying any underlying or fundamental oneness of utensils, and although having the appearance of objects posited in space/time are actually a non-cognizant sub-fractions of the un-arising spontaneous and yet omniscient luminous kitchen. In this way, a true master, having the superior view of the this-thatness-born looks in the drawer sees that far from being full of spoons in fact the cupboard is bare, the drawer is empty! He sees beyond the appearance of the metallic scooping device to the rawness of pure non-ceptualised interdependent yet self-luminous no-spoon.

Wow, I love this thread!

And it is true, it is in the emptiness of the spoon that the true essence of the spoon can be found.

You've gone right to the heart of the utensil marblehead, indeed between the perspectives put forth by you and apepch7 we must consider all utensils (and indeed cutlery drawers and in fact the entire kitchen) to be ultimately empty, for how else indeed can they have any value whatsoever?

True masters of words and concepts/conceptlessness I have found on this site.

This talk of spoons is all very well but what you have all clearly failed to realise is that all utensils are empty of real selfhood. A spoon, any spoon, is just part of an endless stream of causation, a cycle if you like, of knife, fork, spoon, knife, fork, spoon ... which while not implying any underlying or fundamental oneness of utensils, and although having the appearance of objects posited in space/time are actually a non-cognizant sub-fractions of the un-arising spontaneous and yet omniscient luminous kitchen. In this way, a true master, having the superior view of the this-thatness-born looks in the drawer sees that far from being full of spoons in fact the cupboard is bare, the drawer is empty! He sees beyond the appearance of the metallic scooping device to the rawness of pure non-ceptualised interdependent yet self-luminous no-spoon.

Until you lot realise this superior view or at least throw yourselves at the the feet of one who does, you will continue to reify the spoon. I am not trying to argue - just stating the truth as it is known to truly advanced practitioners. It is not my fault if you fail to listen and waste your time on meaningless and ultimately fruitless spoonery.

I knew someone would quote the old 'knife, fork, spoon' cycle at some point, that old chestnut! But let me focus on this 'luminous kitchen'..... what makes a kitchen a kitchen? Is it not that all contained within the kitchen is(pretty much, attractive ornaments aside)food related? So is a kitchen without food related products and utensils(especially spoons though)a kitchen anymore? And if it could be said not to be a kitchen anymore then how can I partake of the food of life......OR would you disagree that I need to????

That is probably true, Apepch7. We may also have lost sight of the fact that all spoons, regardless of size and composition, are dependantly originated even though they were most likely independantly manufactured.

And it is true, it is in the emptiness of the spoon that the true essence of the spoon can be found.

Peace & Love!

What a spoon comeback!!!! Or 'spoonback' I should say.

'Independantly manufactured' HAHAHAHAAHAHA

I think Eagleshen may have to share that gold star/spoon.... still, Apepch7 may refuse due to the spoon being a 'non-cognizant sub-fraction of the un-arising spontaneous and yet omniscient luminous kitchen'. I still wonder how I can ever eat my soup without a spoon though. I don't think that's been answered, how can I eat my soup within this space time continuum??? Do I not need the structure of the spoon in order to contain the soup and transport it to my orifice?

Tibetan spoon.

post-46635-1258433767_thumb.jpg

When spooning goes bad(misguided practitioners)

post-46635-1258433822_thumb.jpg

That is probably true, Apepch7. We may also have lost sight of the fact that all spoons, regardless of size and composition, are dependantly originated even though they were most likely independantly manufactured.

Peace & Love!

You are very wise Marbles.

I still wonder how I can ever eat my soup without a spoon though. I don't think that's been answered, how can I eat my soup within this space time continuum??? Do I not need the structure of the spoon in order to contain the soup and transport it to my orifice?

Ninpo,

When you truly become one with the soup, subject and object disappear, no longer are you dealing with the duality of soup, bowl, spoon and mouth. Simply place the 'soup bowl' before you and sit in quiet meditation, breath naturally tightening your orifice on the in-breath, forget the bowl, forget the spoon just merge your being with that of the soup. (Carpet stains are quite easy to remove).

When you truly become one with the soup, subject and object disappear, no longer are you dealing with the duality of soup, bowl, spoon and mouth. Simply place the 'soup bowl' before you and sit in quiet meditation, breath naturally tightening your orifice on the in-breath, forget the bowl, forget the spoon just merge your being with that of the soup. (Carpet stains are quite easy to remove).

:D:lol::D:lol:

I could just about see the dude sitting at the dinner table, going into deep meditation and falling face-full into the soup bowl - the soup went all over the freekin' place!

Peace & Love!

:D:lol::D:lol:

I could just about see the dude sitting at the dinner table, going into deep meditation and falling face-full into the soup bowl - the soup went all over the freekin' place!

Peace & Love!

Best spoon scene of all time

powder

To be one with the spoon one must become bald / the head becoming the opposite shape of the spoon and the universe. Trick only known by true spoon masters

Best spoon scene of all time

powder

To be one with the spoon one must become bald / the head becoming the opposite shape of the spoon and the universe. Trick only known by true spoon masters

Yeah. I thought that was a sad movie.

But, back to spoons. Just wondering, is spooning something like tea bagging? And aren't they really somewhat associated in that we oftentimes use a spoon to remove the tea bag from the cup?

Peace & Love!

Yeah. I thought that was a sad movie.

But, back to spoons. Just wondering, is spooning something like tea bagging? And aren't they really somewhat associated in that we oftentimes use a spoon to remove the tea bag from the cup?

Peace & Love!

Oh man.... I would never have thought a man of your seniority would know what tea bagging is! Highly over rated, I just don't get it...... I have also wondered if there were different kinds : Earl Grey tea bagging, English breakfast tea bagging, herbal tea bagging.... I've no idea. I don't think I wanna know either.

I can't believe you mentioned tea bagging :o

Oh man.... I would never have thought a man of your seniority would know what tea bagging is! Highly over rated, I just don't get it...... I have also wondered if there were different kinds : Earl Grey tea bagging, English breakfast tea bagging, herbal tea bagging.... I've no idea. I don't think I wanna know either.

Well he did work with special forces - so maybe they do that sort of thing!!! :D:D:D:D

Well he did work with special forces - so maybe they do that sort of thing!!! :D:D:D:D

That means he could probably kill a man with a spoon! I never realized the true marblehead spoon connection until now, to think I actually believed he used that spoon to eat his peanut butter, I'm so naive. Now I know why the special forces are issued with spoons! Just how deep does this rabbit void/hole/spoon go???

Hehehe. I ain't gonna' say nuttin' 'cause I'd only get into more trouble.

Peace & Love!

Only with the female special forces. :D:lol::D:lol:

Peace & Love!

Just how deep does this rabbit void/hole/spoon go???

Much deeper than anyone will ever know. :ph34r:

Peace & Love!

Only with the female special forces. :D:lol::D:lol:

Peace & Love!

Hey Marbles, with those balaclavas and night vision goggles are you sure you could tell the girls from the guys?

Hey Marbles, with those balaclavas and night vision goggles are you sure you could tell the girls from the guys?

Believe me, you can tell. I never once made a mistake. :P

Peace & Love!

Believe me, you can tell. I never once made a mistake. :P

Peace & Love!

Well marbles - I think your a lire :lol::huh::P:lol:B)

Peace & Love! :P

Edited by Adventure1

I have noticed that Eagleshen has disappeared, without a trace, ain't that just like a spoon master, he took up the spoon, used it and then when it's use had been fulfilled, simply waked away from the spoon. It's a valuable lesson for all us aspiring spoons; which leads me smoothly onto my next subject: 'Coveting thy Commemorative Spoon'

Let me tell you a story, and yes, I know, as spoonites you will be affecting a somewhat disinterested/aloof yet still listening form of gait, so let me begin:

Years ago, when I was a lad, my mother bought me a rather attractive commemorative spoon(it's really true). This spoon commemorated the wedding between prince Charlie and Lady Diana, who became known as the 'princess of whales', due to her overriding love of the species I should imagine. In any case, it was a truly handsome spoon, with both their heads on the handle end; if memory serves me correctly it was also silver plated.

You can imagine a young lads excitement upon receiving such a spoon, I ran up and down the street for days proudly displaying my spoon for all to see. Yet, there is always someone wanting to piss on your 'spoon parade' in life, and one such person pointed out a serious flaw in my spoon that day, a flaw that, bizzarely, I had not noticed. He simply said one sentence, a sentence that is etched in my memory to this day, he said, "the spoon end of your spoon is almost flat, it's f*kin' useless!". As a tear began to role down my rosy red cheek, I could see that although his words were callous and definitely not in the spirit of a royal wedding, they were, in fact, true.

I ran home, spoon in hand, as fast as I could. Upon arriving home, against my mothers wishes, I proceeded to attempt to use the spoon to eat various foods. I first attempted steak, it didn't work! Then I tried bread, it merely slid off, noodles, apples, caviar all the same. About the only thing my spoon was useful for was strawberry mouse. I cannot say were I to attempt Chocolate mouse I would have been successful, as my mother had placed a ban on all Chocolate related products within the household due to her fear that the over farming of the cocoa bean would lead to its eventual extinction.

Years passed and the spoon had simply been placed in its commemorative box gathering dust. One day I went to find it, looking to re-live my childhood spoon glory, yet it was nowhere to be found. I had, of course moved onto other spoons by that point, spoons more suitable to my personality and needs. I looked everywhere, but it was gone, I'm pretty sure my brother pinched it, either that or a neighbour(thou shalt not covet thy neighbours spoon)after feeling quite dejected(it was worth a bit of money by that point)I simply resigned myself to the loss. In following years I also noticed a rather strange phenomena, when I was without a spoon three would enter my life at the same time, I guess it goes back to the old saying 'Spoons are like buses, you wait a long time for one and then three come along at the same time'.

The point of this story, if there is one, is that when a spoon is no longer actually useful it should simply be let go of, there will always be other spoons. A further point would be not to become so attached and proud of your spoon as someone else is sure to find fault with it, and as the spoon has become a direct expression of yourself in feeling you will take great offence. There will always be people suggesting "my spoon is bigger than your spoon", 'spoon envy', and in point of fact unless your willing to suffer the possible shame of whipping out your spoon in a public place how could you ever know the truth, and how does one define a better spoon anyway, length, width, girth or swiss army knife special features?

I hope this short post has been as useless to you as it has been for me, as I would hate to think I'm the only one wasting my time.

Neichuan: The Tibetan spoon was the argument clincher in my view. It was definitely spiritual and Tibetan....the two are inextricably linked. It was rudely ignored. Just how can we have an intelligent debate when people ignore pictures of spiritual spoons!!

Well marbles - I think your a lire :lol::huh::P:lol:B)

Peace & Love! :P

Hey, we are going to believe what we want to believe. Hehehe.

(Where's my spoon?)

Peace & Love!

Let me tell you a story, ...

What a lovely, compassionate-filled, and tear-jerking spoon story!

Indeed, our commemorative spoons become objects of attachment. When we loose our spoon we feel as though we have lost a part of our Self. Therefore perhaps it is best to imagine a spoonless reality so that we never feel the emotion of loss or detachment.

Peace & Love!

Years ago, when I was a lad, my mother bought me a rather attractive commemorative spoon(it's really true).

Spoon! You lucky b******, all I ever got was a slap round the head with a wet fish. When we could afford fish that was ... what with living in a shoe box, an all.

Indeed, our commemorative spoons become objects of attachment. When we loose our spoon we feel as though we have lost a part of our Self. Therefore perhaps it is best to imagine a spoonless reality so that we never feel the emotion of loss or detachment.

Peace & Love!

You've hit the spoon on the bowl with your summary.

Spoon! You lucky b******, all I ever got was a slap round the head with a wet fish. When we could afford fish that was ... what with living in a shoe box, an all.

A wet fish was perhaps the only thing I didn't get hit with. Flexible implements were the most sort after, with a special Saturday matinee called 'wooden clothes brush'.

If I ever find my commemorative spoon(doubtful)you can have mine.