Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

I started randomly doing lotus when i was a kid, probably to show off not sure where i got the idea... like to think i was a buddhist monk in a previous life but probably not.

I didnt have a problem back then but your bones are much more flexible as a kid... only after doing flying phoenix for a while did i have one of the bones in my right leg pop out, it would happen if i was seated normally or crouching... i would think to my self 'oh no its going to be stuck like this forever' lol then i would have to forces my leg out so it would pop back in, it was weird.

• Like 1

I have a friend with health problems, I recommended the Seated QiGong exercises of the Flying Phoenix QiGong, now he is recovering slowly but steadily.
I think I should comment on it here, since it can serve other people.
I've been doing the exercises for a couple of weeks now, sleeping more soundly and reaching deeper levels of meditation.
Clearly the Shen calms down.

• Like 4

On 2020. 09. 06. at 12:56 AM, Eduardo said:

I have a friend with health problems, I recommended the Seated QiGong exercises of the Flying Phoenix QiGong, now he is recovering slowly but steadily.
I think I should comment on it here, since it can serve other people.
I've been doing the exercises for a couple of weeks now, sleeping more soundly and reaching deeper levels of meditation.
Clearly the Shen calms down.

Hello, What health problem does it seem to help?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, centertime said:

Hola, ¿Qué problema de salud parece ayudar?

Insomnia, major depression, and lack of vitality.

• Like 2

I think It would be a good idea to collect what health problems Flying Phoenix helped so far and which exercises were used and how long and make a list/table, may be even a graph.

Some other people did it for other Chi Kung.

Edited by centertime
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 1:05 PM, centertime said:

I think It would be a good idea to collect what health problems Flying Phoenix helped so far and which exercises were used and how long and make a list/table, may be even a graph.

Some other people did it for other Chi Kung.

The problem with this idea is that FP doesn’t work that way—ANY exercise  in FP that you do cultivates unique qi that’s intelligent and goes where the healing is needed.

And volume 7 however has the sleeper first meditation and volume 2 has the waker-upper.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

Well they do not seem to have the same effect in my experience.

MOnk Serving Wine - seems to generate purple energy

The rest seems to generate neon blue energy.

The position of hands seems to affect the area nearby the hands.

Monk Looking at Moon... - head,eyes....neck...

It is possible that in the long run, they will flow...

When hands touch, in those positions, there is a loop made from hands that seems to have an extra stabilising effect.

Edited by centertime
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, centertime said:

Well they do not seem to have the same effect in my experience.

MOnk Serving Wine - seems to generate purple energy

The rest seems to generate neon blue energy.

The position of hands seems to affect the area nearby the hands.

Monk Looking at Moon... - head,eyes....neck...

It is possible that in the long run, they will flow...

The things you are seeing are relative to your healing and what happens to you. One person doing the same meditation will have the energy do different things for them. It is not a cookie cutter practice. 

@zen-bear Sifu Terry will answer in detail later. 

• Like 2

The above rebuttals by Earl Grey have been validated by the gifted medical clairvoyant, Eric Isen, who has tested several different styles of qigong for many people on this blog and thus he has tested Flying Phoenix for a lot of people. The results have been exactly as Earl Grey described, verbatim. Eric has seen literally, that Qi has a self-directed intelligent energy that knows where to go in the body and what to work on. And he said that all qigong heals in layers. Thus if tested the first time the qigong might be seen working in one area of the body, but when tested again in a few months the same qigong could be seen working on something else. Also, just as Earl Grey has described, the qigong reacts differently to different people due to the condition of the individual nervous systems, the energy blocks, stress, inherent sensitivity, or lack thereof, to subtle energies. And Sifu Terry also stated on this thread that the karma of an individual also plays a part in how the qigong works. Eric has advised that people stay with the same qigong method for a long time so that they can gain the healing effect from it healing layer by layer in the body. Because of the way Eric has described Qi for  me at times during the past 14 years as being a self-directed Divine intelligence, I tend to think of Qi has having a higher consciousness vibration. The descriptive word, Divine, in this case is not used lightly. We can step out of the way while doing these Doo Wai energetic methods and allow the Qi to do what it knows to do. As the Rolling Stones have sung, "we don't always get what we want, but we get what we need."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Yes, well Eric has said that the sleeper meditation on vol 7 would "weaken your health". Compared to other FP exercises which apparently are more beneficial to me.

I wouldn't rely on the word of Eric or any other clairvoyant. Just follow Terry's advice on this thread and focus on those exercises from the wider system that feel best or speak to you somehow. Chances are they are the ones that are helping you the most.

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

Yes, well Eric has said that the sleeper meditation on vol 7 would "weaken your health". Compared to other FP exercises which apparently are more beneficial to me.

I wouldn't rely on the word of Eric or any other clairvoyant. Just follow Terry's advice on this thread and focus on those exercises from the wider system that feel best or speak to you somehow. Chances are they are the ones that are helping you the most.

The part that Taostillness said

On 9/13/2020 at 8:10 PM, tao stillness said:

Also, just as Earl Grey has described, the qigong reacts differently to different people due to the condition of the individual nervous systems, the energy blocks, stress, inherent sensitivity, or lack thereof, to subtle energies. And Sifu Terry also stated on this thread that the karma of an individual also plays a part in how the qigong works. Eric has advised that people stay with the same qigong method for a long time so that they can gain the healing effect from it healing layer by layer in the body.

is worth repeating. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1-9-2020 at 1:15 AM, Earl Grey said:

I also try to forward relevant questions from the thread that I believe Sifu Terry would have a lot of wisdom to contribute for us all, but usually it's simple things I try to answer based on what he's already said many times on this thread that are repeated. 

He is on his way here as part of a recent discussion--but he also is busy teaching multiple classes weekly online, one of which I participate in and highly recommend, and you can find out more in his weekly newsletter:

https://terencedunn.substack.com/

yeah the reason i asked was because i reached out to him a few weeks ago as was adviced, that he might be able to referr me to someone that could help me with an entity issue,

but it looks like he hasnt visited back yet

Edited by Takingcharge
Typos

43 minutes ago, Takingcharge said:

yeah the reason i asked was because i reached out to him a few weeks ago as was adviced, that he might be able to referr me to someone that could help me with an entity issue,

but it looks like he hasnt visited back yet

I’ll nudge him. I specifically mentioned this to him.

• Like 2

Hello, i just did bending the bows 9 reps took a lil break then 18 reps, still suprises me that it makes me sweat as i am not a very sweaty person usually... also after doing 18 reps my feet get a bit numb and tingly perhaps i am misaligned or something.

What i wanted to ask is something i have already asked before but i dont think i ever got an answer, on DVD 3 the 2nd and last meditation there is a bit where you lean forward and to the right with arms outstretched and as you come back you draws your arms in with palms facing each other.

This is done three times and afterwards you do the same movement except clench your fists instead of palms facing each other however this is only done twice.

Are these meant to be done the same amount of times and if so is it twice or three times?

Edited by BluePhoenix133
  • Like 1

Today I received Vol 1 & 2 and started of with learning BTB. It felt great!

But a question came up. Is it ok to wear gloves when practicing forms where the fingers usually touch? I like to practice in the forest, but it's getting colder nowadays. So without gloves my hands get a little cold. That in itself is not a problem for me, but i suspect cold hands might be bad energetically while doing FP.

• Like 1

I just recieved Chigung for Health and TaiChi for health, will be working with them and try to report back.

asavakkhaya - Hopefully Sifu Terry will come by soon.

I cannot answer for him, but I find that in other styles, it is sometimes important to separate the fingers and at

other times cup them together. So  I find that wearing a stocking hat helps keep my hands & feet warm.

But if that doesn't work I got some inexpensive fleece mittens and even tho I cannot see my fingers,

I can splay them or whatever is needed for the form.

walk in beauty

shunka

• Like 1

If any of you guys wish to download this whole thread and read offline I figured out how to do it using WebCopy. It's only for windows though
Here's how I did it:
1.Download the program.
2. use this link as the website "https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/12639-flying-phoenix-chi-kung/?page="

3. press "Rules ..."  > add > check : exclude + don't crawl content
4. Type in "Expression" : do=
5. Add another rule > make this just a Query String > check "include" and set as high "download priority" under Advanced
6. Type in "Expression" : page=
7. press Apply, then OK
8.To the right press " Forms and passwords" > Check "Log in using web-browser > apply > ok
9. Press Copy in the top right
10. Log in to Daobums in the web browser
11. Once you can see the thread press Copy in the top left
12. let the program work for a while
13. once finished open the file location, topic/12639-flying-phoenix-chi-kung , then open any of the index.htm files in chrome.
Then you can go through the pages as normal.
It didn't seem to work flipping through the pages in Firefox. but chrome works.

While writing this I figured, I might as well include the copy i already made. That way it will be quicker for you. I will post it after I have uploaded it

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Here's the copy I made of the thread for offline reading. I hope the other newcomers like me will benefit from it :)
https://mega.nz/file/QVZlRCZD#er7v1IAkbDTjqNOLQPsTFqM_t8lH1sLnEcoc6IxBn7w

If some time goes by and several more pages gets added to the thread, then someone else can follow the process above and create a new copy.

Update: If your phone has a file browser then you can also view the copy and it works in mobile view. However you can't navigate the pages in the browser and have to use the files to switch pages.

Edited by asavakkhaya
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have had an account for a few years and I have been learning a lot in the role of "observer", there are many very interesting threads but the information to do "data mining" here is incredible. @asavakkhaya Thank you very much for this contribution.

Share with the forum that I started my first FP practices at the beginning of this year (when the first DVD arrived at my house), and I have been attending the classes that Terry Dunn gives every Sunday via Zoom. ( these last two months ).I highly recommend attending these classes, they will serve to learn about the TTP exercises and the missing subtleties that the DVD's cannot give you, and you can ask Sifu Terry any question at the end of the class.

Thank everyone for generating such an incredible thread of information, I have learned a lot.

Edited by Arkhion
  • Like 1

An unforeseen accident happened to me when practicing 4 days ago.

I was doing monk hold pearl on the balcony while it was getting dark. It was quiet and secluded, and I thought it would be safe. Then 15min into meditation i heard a thud nearby as if someone was there. It scared me and sent a shiver down my body. I ended the exercise immediately with 3 breaths. There wasn't anything around when i opened my eyes and I didn't feel any bad that evening.

The day after however i experienced my knees being quite painful and inflamed while walking, accompanied by a certain moodiness. Then later that day i felt extremely emotional and vunrable and when i woke up the following day my whole body was aching and cold, as if I had gotten a flu, but without any stuffy nose or sore throat. In addition to that my gut had trouble digesting even simple food. The day after that all the aches were suddenly gone and i could eat again, although my body feels quite weak and I still feel a little emotionally vunrable.

And now today i am feeling a little bit worse again.

During this time i stopped practicing.

I suspect I might have damaged my energetic system a little, which might have caused disease to manifest. If this is because of some energetic damage, some reassurance as to how these things tend to stabilize and what can be done would be much appreciated.

Takeaway, don't practice in the dark if you think you might get startled by unforeseen noise.

Edited by asavakkhaya
changed second last paragraph

I get the feeling my previous question wont be answered again, never the less here is another, is there a herbal formula or tea specifically for the flying phoenix practice... i recall there being some for other practices?

• Like 1

Sifu Terry is currently busy with other obligations, it is my understanding he will return here to answer questions as soon as he can.

please be patient.

walk in beauty

shunka

• Like 2