Fu_dog

Flying Phoenix Chi Kung

14 hours ago, BluePhoenix133 said:

I get the feeling my previous question wont be answered again, never the less here is another, is there a herbal formula or tea specifically for the flying phoenix practice... i recall there being some for other practices?

Interesting question. I get the sense that almost all Bok Fu Pai systems have their own herbal formula. I learned the golden mantis system from Sifu Garry a few years ago and it had its own jow formula, which was distinct from that used in the Sunn Yee Gong and Burning Palm systems he also inherited from Doo Wai. 

I'm curious too now whether FP has its own jow.

• Like 3

My apologies to all FPCK subscribers for being away for the past 4 weeks.
But pressing teaching obligations--six 2-hour livestream courses every week (3 accredited courses for Emperor's College of TOM in Santa Monica plus 3 different ongoing weekly courses on my own account)-- have not given me a moment to breathe, let alone keep up with this thread.  Starting this evening, I will catch up on all posted questions and issues since the last time that I responded to an individual post.

Best of health and wellness to all.

Sifu Terence Dunn

P.S.  Tonight at 6pm is my Tai Chi For Health (beginner's) Class No.12 Livestream fro Eastover Estate in Lenox, MA. Berkshirites are welcome to take it live with physical distancing and mask-wearing, of course.
When: Oct 20, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Fee is $40/ class; $280 for series of 8 classes.

You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Jul 12, 2020 04:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Register in advance for this meeting:
https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAtceGvqTsuHNGEagRTpc5NuS1X5YxSN50y

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

• Information on the content and schedule of my Livestream courses are on my free Newsletter:  terencedunn.substack.com (issue #19 currently)

Edited by zen-bear
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone 

I have been very bad at keeping on cultivating but now for the first time I have managed to keep it up for four months and I plan on progressing past exclusive practice of Monk Holds Pearl.

What baffles me is that it is true that just one meditation has wonderful benefits. What is even more baffling is that today I noticed I have new baby hairs growing out in areas where my hair is normally white. The baby hairs are dark. I notice that I have more such hairs growing on my scalp. So my hair is not only thickening, it is growing out dark. I didn't except this so soon. 

Just putting it here for those of you who might need the inspiration.

• Like 7

Started FP again a couple of weeks back as a warm up to my other practices. Mainly just three monk served wine meditations. 

So far, I feel like it has an exaggerating effect on whatever emotional state I'm currently experiencing. I think this was part of the reason why I noticed a lot of anger issues arising last time I practiced with regularity, as it was a pretty stressful time at work.

This morning I woke up for sunrise on the solstice and practiced a longer session. Noticed I had a lot of negative thoughts toward others, and decided to make a conscious effort to practice compassion toward those I was arguing with in my mind. The result was a fundamental change in the quality of the qi generated from practice.

My last qigong teacher said if you're cursing people and thinking competitively or jealously while practicing, you're producing dirty pathogenic qi.

Today it seems that the act of returning the mind to a wish for all people to enjoy happiness and be free from suffering, while practicing, seemed to produce the opposite effect.

Curious whether anyone else has noticed if thoughts have affected the quality of their practice?

• Like 2

I feel allot of resentment, its like my mind just wont forget about things people have done to me in the past... why do i have to suffer when they were the ones who did wrong.

Anyway i was listening to this as i read you message vajra fist, not really sure that i like this music but its a funny coincidence, what you said seems to make sense and i believe that is why demonic entities manipulate/inspire others to put you down... to keep you in your place energetically so to speak.

• Like 3

I practiced Monk Gazing at the Moon for 12 mins (after dark) while actually gazing at the moon for the first time: Wow! Felt like the posture was supercharged, went home and did 18 reps of BTB (21 minutes, so faster than recommended), Monk Holding the Peach and Wind Above the Clouds. I felt an emptiness in my Hui-Yin area afterwards, which is a feeling I've only gotten from doing the BFSYG Level 1 Long Form before. My hips also moved frictionlessly from side to side, which I've only experienced once before, after one of Sifu Terry's Tai Chi Chuan classes where we did 1 hour and 45 mins of warm-ups before we got into the form, making it feel very smooth and natural.

If you haven't tried actually looking at a nearly full moon while doing MGAM, do it! It'll empower the whole rest of your practice session.

Edited by ChiGungPractitioner73
Forgot to say I was practicing in the evening, not the morning
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 28/12/2020 at 5:04 AM, ChiGungPractitioner73 said:

If you haven't tried actually looking at a nearly full moon while doing MGAM, do it! It'll empower the whole rest of your practice session.

I woke up pretty early this morning to practice. It was still dark. About half way through I saw the moon out of the glass doors at the rear of the house was almost at eye level, so I decided to give it a try. 

Normally I don't get much from monk gazes at moon in terms of feelings of qi (and the static standing meditations generally), but this morning I felt some subtle energy from it. Definitely nowhere near the qi sensations I usually get from the monk served wine meditations, but certainly more than before. Very interesting discovery, I will get up around the same time tomorrow and give it another go.

I remember in Gary's burning palm system, also from Doo Wai, a lot of the meditations are connected to celestial bodies. I think I recall from earlier in the thread he also described a similar standing meditation involving gazing at the moon.

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 3

Thats interesting, so do you face the moon whilst you do your practice? Because I would probably have to stand in a field and tilt my body back to achieve that.

Yeah it also reminds me of what i heard from burning palm, sounds difficult to achieve though

• Thanks 1

I want to ask, if the FPQ practitioners have the urgent need to meditate and if they have felt a kind of refreshing and healing energy inside the torso, or inside the lower dantien, almost like very fresh water from a spring.

You have some interesting experiences from FP and as Earl Grey has shared with you, those are your unique experiences and all experiences from doing FP  can vary from person to person. Some experiences might be shared by others and other experiences just might be unique to yourself. What you are experiencing from FP is what you are experiencing from  FP. I don't think there is any right or wrong. If you are having any kind of experiences from FP then FP is certainly providing you very tangible experiences. 

So I guess I am wondering why you are asking if other people have had experiences similar to yours? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2020 at 11:07 PM, BluePhoenix133 said:

Thats interesting, so do you face the moon whilst you do your practice? Because I would probably have to stand in a field and tilt my body back to achieve that.

Yeah it also reminds me of what i heard from burning palm, sounds difficult to achieve though

That night I stood in a playground in my neighborhood and only had to tilt my head upwards maybe 10-15 degrees above my normal posture to look at the moon, not too uncomfortable and didn't massively change my posture.

On 1/10/2021 at 9:21 AM, Eduardo said:

I want to ask, if the FPQ practitioners have the urgent need to meditate and if they have felt a kind of refreshing and healing energy inside the torso, or inside the lower dantien, almost like very fresh water from a spring.

Standing FP usually causes me to feel sleepy and calm but with a slight edge of anxiety, likely from relaxing enough to become aware of the tensions I'm carrying. I usually do Moonbeam or the Long Form so the sensations are all over my body. If I do the TTP Short Form Power Yoga first (taught in Sifu Terry's Sunday classes), FP feels very calm and light with no hint of unpleasantness, probably because most of my surface level tensions have already been removed while practicing TTP.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ChiGungPractitioner73 said:

If I do the TTP Short Form Power Yoga first (taught in Sifu Terry's Sunday classes), FP feels very calm and light with no hint of unpleasantness, probably because most of my surface level tensions have already been removed while practicing TTP.

Correct and why these two systems synergize well. 

• Like 2

On 10/01/2021 at 6:21 PM, Eduardo said:

FPCK resulting meditative state is my elixir and I use it preciously. My cat recently went missing and I sought help in my meditative state. I was promised his return with certain details and it happened exactly as in my vision within the FPCK meditation. For nearly 3 weeks of him going missing I was serene thanks to this. I know exactly when the meditative state is upon me and I mostly just chill but sometimes I use it like with my cat.

Edit: I feel the chi bubbling like a small spa in my LDT when it is activated. Sometimes I get this outside of the meditation too.

Edited by Astral_butterfly
Adding edit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Astral_butterfly said:

Editar: Siento que el chi burbujea como un pequeño spa en mi LDT cuando se activa. A veces también obtengo esto fuera de la meditación.

I'm an acupuncturist and I know the names of the points in Chinese, now with FPQ  I have been able to empirically verify that the kidney point 1 Yongquan (translation: Gushing Spring) literally is a bubbling spring.

• Like 4

On 8/1/2020 at 7:16 PM, ridingtheox said:

let me just add there is no doubt that having done many 108 day gongs of the long form, has contributed   dramatically to my good condition at this age!  Thank you Sifu Terry Dunn.

Thank you, Charlie,  for your  very kind words and acknowledgement of my efforts to preserve Flying Phoenix Qigong and to disseminate its practice.  I hope all is well with you in NE Arizona and that the FP Long Form is keeping your immunity at peak levels...as that is its purpose as the capstone of the FP Qigong system.  I recall years ago when you first posted to this thread that the Long Form (Vol.4) was all that you needed to go about your day to day activities as a rancher.

I hope the pandemic subsides sooner (end of this year. according to very wishful unrealistic thinking) rather than later (summer 2022, according to all medical experts)...so that we can all gather and practice FP Qigong in person and experience the very palpable and transformative group energy that manifests anytime a number of experienced FP practitioners get together and practice.

Happy New Year!

Sifu Terry

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

mitakuye oyasin

(Lakota Sioux prayer that means “To all my relations” or “All are related”, or “Help and Health to all my Brothers and Sisters”)

• Like 5

Don't know if it's the shift in the cosmic climate after the saturn-jupiter conjunction, or just my practice, but the energy from FP feels a lot stronger recently. Noticed a very palpable electric charge and density of energy from the practice, whereas before the solstice FP always seemed a lot more gentle. 

Wonder if anyone else noticed something similar?

• Like 1

All I can say about shift in energy is that the avatar, Sri Amma Bhagavan, has been saying the past few years that the energy from the universe is continuing to get stronger and stronger. So no surprise that some people have been experiencing this directly from their energy work. It is not imagination. Everything is changing including energies. Evolution is speeding up as the energies from the universe get stronger. Cleansing is going on at a rapid rate. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tao stillness said:

All I can say about shift in energy is that the avatar, Sri Amma Bhagavan, has been saying the past few years that the energy from the universe is continuing to get stronger and stronger. So no surprise that some people have been experiencing this directly from their energy work. It is not imagination. Everything is changing including energies. Evolution is speeding up as the energies from the universe get stronger. Cleansing is going on at a rapid rate. 

According to Sifu Terry, yes: Moonbeam and MGAM meditations can be done for both the sun and the moon in light of recent posts here when cultivating them from those FP forms. 

More easily felt now during this period and also a topic recently posted on our 2021 thread

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

Would preserving flying phoenix give one good karma, maybe i am mad but synchronicity has me thinking flying phoenix is what i should pursue and yes the pandemic is really irritating i wanted to start practicing it with other people.... and join the gym, funnily enough the guy at the gym showing me around mentioned how calm i was almost like he enjoyed my presence so perhaps i should take this chi to that gym?

I think i already asked this but if i teach this chi gong i must be qualified in some way? If i just practice it with people can i still ask for donations?.... :D

• Like 1

Sifu Terry Dunn previously laid out the steps required for someone to be certified as FP instructor. It is somewhere in this vast thread.

If you want to share FP with people then you could just have them order the DVDs but no one that I have heard of has been certified to teach FP. Therefore it would be unacceptable in my opinion to accept donations. I am sure other people will be responding to your questions. 

• Like 4

Thanks, yeah i should probably just do it despite the pandemic... although i dont think this is ever gonna really end or at least society wont go back to normal ephesians 6:12 comes to mind.

Hopefully i am wrong though.

From the teachings and guidance of the avatar that I follow, things are not meant to return to the way they were of a materialistic oriented world in such low consciousness with lack of true spirituality. The pandemic is the first boom to wake up humanity that they need to change in order for Nature to get back to balance. There will be more disasters to come as the earth is being cleansed and one reason the earth is so polluted is that there is great overpopulation so Nature is beginning to do some pruning. We are in a major phase transition that has been predicted by many spiritual teachings throughout the ages. We will be getting a respite from Kali Yuga as we head into a mini Sat Yuga period within Kali Yuga that could last up to 10,000 years as a golden age. It will come about by mass awakening of individual consciousness like a popcorn effect which is to happen around the year 2035. It will happen regardless. I remember several years ago the avatar telling us that major changes will be happening and people will notice this by the year 2018, I think he said, if I remember right. And then he said by the year 2020 people will no longer wonder if the world is changing, everyone will by then notice the changes for sure. I heard these predictions from 14 years ago. The blows of the phase transition from Nature can be softened with less damage if more people can awaken to a higher state of consciousness. There will be great natural disasters which we have already seen happening with climate change, great flooding, earthquakes, volcanoes erupting, wild fires in the USA and Australia. My first teacher also predicted this phase transition back in the 1970's and he said it would bring about the Age of Enlightenment. This planet, or I should say humanity, cannot go any further in its unawakened low level of consciousness which produces all the problems in life. There is a major difference in living life with ordinary waking state of consciousness compared to being in state of enlightenment. I have experienced both states so I can personally attest to that truth. An avatar only comes to Earth when humanity becomes extremely unbalanced. In Kali Yuga the abnormal is seen as normal. It will take 64,000 people to become enlightened to save humanity per the avatar. This is what his Golden Age movement is all about, formerly known as the Oneness movement of Sri Amma Bhagavan. People who are now young enough will be enjoying the Golden Age in about 15 years. Those of us older ones who have been on the path for close to 50 years now have paved the way for these new energies to keep arriving to raise the level of consciousness on this planet. So hold onto whatever spiritual methods that you participate in. Every effort helps the rest of humanity. 

• Like 3

Ok, is this why i have been messed with by lower vibrational entities e.g. grey and reptilian archons/demons... especially when i was overcoming my self destructive addictions and meditating everyday. It was weird it was like they were using whoever they could against me, people just giving me evil stares for no reason whatsover or just gawking at me like a zombie it was so bizarre.

Well even though i feel like a failure and wont reach my potential you are right every little helps, its not about me but everthing and despite what i have gone through still trying my best is unconditional love i guess?

It has been taught that unconditional love is not possible to happen by intention. It only really occurs when someone is in a very high state of consciousness. The mind cannot bring it on by behavior or by intention. We have to start where we are, not where we want to be is another profound teaching. 

• Like 3

K we might be derailing the topic, so one last post, back a decade ago before i was as messed  up i sometimes thought about uncoditional love... round that time i used to get deep warm liquid bliss in my heart and third eyed forhead area like a cone going into the centre of my head.

So i was on a train and i just tried to send love to someone seated pretty far away from... i got off the train on the way home and i got all this amzing intense heart bliss i just had to stop and enjoy it. I have to get that back.

Another time it happened i was dancing to dnb in my room like an idiot sprained my ankle real bad, couldnt put weight on it, was feeling heart bliss/third eye bliss and i just sent the energy to my ankle and the pain went straight away so i carried on dancing.

Unfortunately i cant really remember any of what i was thinking about unconditional love at the time, something like condions being a blockage or something in the way of what is already there.... the condition of not having a condition is what you need i suppose haha