RongzomFan

Utter Nonduality

do you have a point in this post?

Also are you aware that in Dzogchen, compassion comes from abiding in rigpa?

Its not something artificially manufactured like in other teachings. Longchenpa had some instructions regarding this which was quoted by Namdrol on the old esangha forum.

The point is, to put it bluntly, some of what you assert are really nonsense. Like as if you just pluck things from thin air or make things up yourself.

Am i aware, you ask... the real question you ought to ask is, are you (as in YOU) awake or asleep?

And why do you always hide behind what someone else says?

The point is, to put it bluntly, some of what you assert are really nonsense. Like as if you just pluck things from thin air or make things up yourself.

Please back up your statements. By the way, you can always confirm anything by asking Namdrol on his blog: www.atikosha.org

And why do you always hide behind what someone else says?

Um, because they know better? I would rather listen to a knowledgeable Sakya loppon who has been initiated all the way on the Dzogchen path by multiple Dzogchen gurus than you.

Edited by alwayson

He can feed you though ^_^ .

The body feeds. There is no body. There is only feeding. Nom nom nom -_-

Edited by Sunya

Please back up your statements. By the way, you can always confirm anything by asking Namdrol on his blog: www.atikosha.org

Um, because they know better? I would rather listen to a knowledgeable loppon who has been initiated all the way on the Dzogchen path by multiple Dzogchen gurus than you.

But you don't listen. You hear whatever you want to hear and let go of the rest.

This is from Namdrol's most recent article Dzogchen without Buddhism:

Motivation does not mean mouthing words about saving all sentient beings, here it means that it is not sufficient to merely seeks one's own liberation, whether through Dzogchen or any other vehicle, one must have compassion and loving kindness as one's basis for entering practice.

Dedication here means that we dedicate all our practice to others, in the usual Mahāyāna way, not necessarily with words, but with our intention, so that all others will reach the state of the adibuddha, Samantabhadra, quickly.

Without these, whatever practice we are doing cannot be considered Dzogchen practice let alone Buddhist.

Dzogchen without Buddhism therefore is "Ati Lite™". It may sound good, it may look good, it might have a nice package, but in the end, it has no value. It is not spiritually nourishing, it is spiritually depleting.

Ati Lite™ will have the exact opposite effect of Dzogchen: instead of becoming a more open, more humble person, one will become more self-involved and afflicted. Instead of developing a broader mind, free and flexible, able to accommodate changing conditions, one will become more and more constricted, selfish and narrow. And in the end, one will have nothing worth giving to anyone.

Just a friendly pointer, I suggest you read the last paragraph multiple times and see if that relates to you

Edited by Sunya

Ok and? What are you trying to prove?

I don't support Ati-lite. I posted comments on the blog under a different handle that blasted ati-lite.

Edited by alwayson

Ok and? What are you trying to prove?

I don't support Ati-lite. I posted comments on the blog under a different handle that blasted ati-lite.

Good point! I have known many Dzogchen wannabes (here included) and all they do is talk about it. They play it safe. Real practice can and will completely undermine any sense of self or ego and that can be terrifying for the unprepared. Some here think that is such a cool thing to do. They have no idea what the implications are for such a process.

Real sky gazing can do it as well as a dark retreat. These need to be conducted solitary in the wilderness and with no support from friends.

Edited by ralis

Good point! I have known many Dzogchen wannabes (here included) and all they do is talk about it. They play it safe. Real practice can and will completely undermine any sense of self or ego and that can be terrifying for the unprepared. Some here think that is such a cool thing to do. They have no idea what the implications are for such a process.

Yep. It's not a fun ride as there is nobody that becomes enlightened. There's nothing the ego will gain from any spiritual path let alone Dzogchen

Edited by Sunya

Yep. It's not a fun ride as there is nobody that becomes enlightened. There's nothing the ego will gain from any spiritual path let alone Dzogchen

So how do you know I don't practice and I play it safe? Maybe I should act like you do all the time and yell "don't judge me! how dare you!" :lol:

I wasn't talking about you. :lol:

I wasn't talking about you. :lol:

Sorry then, misunderstood... :closedeyes:

Edited by Sunya

Sorry then, misunderstood... :closedeyes:

I know we have had disagreements. However, I appreciate your well thought out posts.

• Like 1

I know we have had disagreements. However, I appreciate your well thought out posts.

Thank you, and I appreciate yours as well. :)

Hello folks,

Just as a point of reference, Robert Bruce came about this a bit late, Alan Watts proposed this idea in "The Book" which is based on Vedanta Hinduism (and published when Bruce was about 10 or so). To simplify it, and hopefully not show any disrespect to the philosophy, which I follow and believe to be true, it goes as follows.

A long, long time ago, God got bored and decided that it wished to experience more than what was, so God decided to become something more and in deciding created the universe and everything else. In so doing this, God became everything that exists now, the plants, the animals, and yes even the people. The idea goes that God will continue to exist in this form until there is a mass awakening of all the higher beings, a wakening whereby they understand that they are God and rather than return to this world, become God once more.

Of course this is rooted (imo) in proto-Zoroastrianism. The people that eventually migrated to India and China from Turkmenistan, carried much of this original thought with them. This is the reason why the core basic beliefs of Taoists thought are so similar to Hinduism and also Buddhism (which took much of it's philosophy from Hinduism), because the core beliefs of this ancient religion, the first proto-monotheistic (and dualistic) religion were carried on and evolved in their own ways over time.

Anyways, it may seem a bit outlandish at first, but if you merely replace the word God with Tao, I think you'll be more understanding of how the basic ideas are similar.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

The body feeds. There is no body. There is only feeding. Nom nom nom -_-

Feeding, but feeding is no where to be found. Just feeding then imprint of feedings, and so on and so on.... ^_^