Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Arcady Petrov

Just a smart Russian with an entrepreneurial mind trying to make a quick buck knowing that the spiritual is a profitable business.

Personally, I'd stay away from those people. No good.

• Like 1

Interesting though. Because if you consider it, many "organs" do have regenerative capacity. There was another cool thread on what I'd term "micro-injury" (I think it was on stretching) which seems to lead to "regeneration"

Well from what I recall from my high school biology class, all the "code" for organs, limbs, everything really, is still there in the DNA. But as it's replicated, there are little "blockers" which block off those strains representing things that only grow once, that way you keep growing skin and not, say, arms.

So as far as I know, regeneration is possible, you've got all the blue prints and the resources, it's just as far as your DNA is concerned, some stuff is off limits.

Now if you were to be able to add and remove the ban on growing those parts.... hm....

Well from what I recall from my high school biology class, all the "code" for organs, limbs, everything really, is still there in the DNA. But as it's replicated, there are little "blockers" which block off those strains representing things that only grow once, that way you keep growing skin and not, say, arms.

So as far as I know, regeneration is possible, you've got all the blue prints and the resources, it's just as far as your DNA is concerned, some stuff is off limits.

Now if you were to be able to add and remove the ban on growing those parts.... hm....

I don't reckon it's quite as simple as that.

I figure DNA to be in a dynamic relationship (now obviously this begs at least one question "with what?")

And we so obviously have examples of cell-growth out of "normal" relationship.

Trying to hack your DNA seems to me to be somewhat risky, although the idea of a "reset" sounds ok...

I mean, we're not salamanders...

I don't reckon it's quite as simple as that.

I figure DNA to be in a dynamic relationship (now obviously this begs at least one question "with what?")

And we so obviously have examples of cell-growth out of "normal" relationship.

Trying to hack your DNA seems to me to be somewhat risky, although the idea of a "reset" sounds ok...

I mean, we're not salamanders...

Well you know they dumb it down a little bit more and more the further down your level you go. Your college undergrad bio is a little less complete than it probably should be, then you got your high school AP bio, then you got your high school honors bio, then your regular bio, ya know, so I'm not professing to know all the ins and outs.

I just remember asking my teacher about it when the subject came up, and she said, "yup, it's all still in there." (meaning the instructions for how to put together stuff)

Trying to hack your DNA seems to me to be somewhat risky...

That's what gong is all about! Our DNA is in a dynamic relationship with our environment, behaviors, and other life patterns that influence the way it expresses. Changing any one or combination of these factors results in new and varied things being coded for. Two weeks of eating something and your body starts making those metabolic pathways more solid at the expense of certain other, less frequently utilized ones. We play with our sleep cycles similarly, affecting things as varied as melatonin regulation and dream content. Beyond that, we do relaxation and breathing exercises to calm the cortisol and adrenal responses, paving the properly alkaline environment for certain other genes to come into subtle alignment.

The nature versus nurture argument is and always has been off the mark, assuming a false dichotomy when really it's a complex unfolding feedback loop in a dynamic dance between the two.

Naturture!

This Russian researcher claims to be able to regenerate organs, teeth etc. Is this guy for real?

http://arcadypetrov.com/

Could be. Such things (organ regenerations and the like) are nothing new. But it could just be a big lie. I guess that leaves two options:

1) See for yourself

2) What kind of reputation does this person have in spiritual healing circles?

That's what gong is all about! Our DNA is in a dynamic relationship with our environment, behaviors, and other life patterns that influence the way it expresses. Changing any one or combination of these factors results in new and varied things being coded for. Two weeks of eating something and your body starts making those metabolic pathways more solid at the expense of certain other, less frequently utilized ones. We play with our sleep cycles similarly, affecting things as varied as melatonin regulation and dream content. Beyond that, we do relaxation and breathing exercises to calm the cortisol and adrenal responses, paving the properly alkaline environment for certain other genes to come into subtle alignment.

The nature versus nurture argument is and always has been off the mark, assuming a false dichotomy when really it's a complex unfolding feedback loop in a dynamic dance between the two.

Naturture!

I agree with a lot of this but I'm not quite sure that what is being referred to in this part: "Changing any one or combination of these factors results in new and varied things being coded for. Two weeks of eating something and your body starts making those metabolic pathways more solid at the expense of certain other, less frequently utilized ones" is actually the DNA "doing" coding for "new and varied things." rather than that just being an available variant of its expression.

The Gingko thread went nicely into the "learning" and experience of plants. And as far as I can tell, those plants don't "push it" as far as their learning goes. Hence IMO the potential dangers of "wrong gong". Can one make their system too alkaline for example? And what are the consequences of that? Some nifty pranayama (sp?) might give you a buzz but for the longer term, it might not be a really great idea to stay in that state...practicalities aside.

Sign in to follow this