Mandrake

Body armour, trauma, David Berceli

I received the DVD recently.

After the shaking I did notice a sense of emotional catharsis, but it doesn't seem to have had any real affect on any of my psychological or emotional traits. I guess I will have to experiment more with it and see what happens.

Stevef, Enishi,

thanks guys for reporting. Please continue reporting your experiences, I appreciate it very much. If you could write in a week, one month, and tell us about any changes, that would be great! For the help of all!

Mandrake

Just wondering for those who are practicing how long does this practice generally take. I might get the dvd but don't want to add anything that will take too long.

I've also started doing this. Done it only a few times but it seems very nice. After a practice session (<20min for me currently) I feel definately more relaxed and slightly euphoric. I can feel that it's working on the deep muscles in the belly area quite effortlessly, which I think is pretty good. I've not had any big emotional releases which they talk about in the DVD but I'm definately going to do more and see what happens..

Just wondering for those who are practicing how long does this practice generally take. I might get the dvd but don't want to add anything that will take too long.

Well, the very shortest version is just the position/exercise pictured earlier in this thread - and you could do it in less than 5 minutes. On the other end of the scale, you could include lots of other parts to it and make it a whole major session.

If you do the practice, including the warm up exercises, as recommended by Bercelli, it takes 20-30 minutes. As Trunk said, you can shorten it. My experience so far is that the warm ups are important and it is valuable to give the exercises enough time.

Shorter practice sessions may still be worthwhile, however, I can't comment on that from experience.

If you do the practice, including the warm up exercises, as recommended by Bercelli, it takes 20-30 minutes. As Trunk said, you can shorten it. My experience so far is that the warm ups are important and it is valuable to give the exercises enough time.

Shorter practice sessions may still be worthwhile, however, I can't comment on that from experience.

I have been doing only the last exercise mostly. The nature of vibration seems to get better refined with every passing day. I've so far had some very deep emotional issues resurface. At times, this exercise has had the effect of deep self-inquiry on me.

http://www.somaticsed.com/

I have also been interested in the work of Thomas Hanna lately. I came across him first through his book: Somatics: Reawakening The Mind's Control Of Movement, Flexibility, And Health. His work is an extension of Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement. This awareness-based approach really touched me in million ways. I have been a fan of Vinyasa, Vipassana (Goenka style) and Les Fehmi's work and this integrates all of it beautifully. It was rather difficult to find his video here in Europe but I managed to find a VHS tape of his exercises.

Hanna deals primarily with the brain rather than the muscle groups themselves. He explains how the brain can be conditioned to hold unwanted muscular tension and teaches how to rewire the brain through gentle awareness and movement to release tension and restore the flow.

• Like 1

A friend of mine is finishing training as a facilitator in David Berceli's TRE (Training Release Exercises) and asked me to be a guinea pig for demonstration for her instructor. Did it earlier today. :D

Dug it. *Really* simple exercises, each gentle, 7 of them done in sequence... The first 6 are standing and all target the legs leveraging into the lower torso in some simple but very unsual ways. The last one is lying down and is similar to yoga's supta baddha konasana. I'd never done the whole sequence as thoroughly as I was led through during today's session and it resulted in a deeper experience of accessing and releasing tension / trauma stored in the lower torso.

I mentioned to the facilitator that it was "the opposite of talk therapy" in that trauma is accessed from the very bottom of the torso.

It was fun, simple, worth while, can be done on your own and (once learned) you can participate in $5 group sessions that go on once a week in the LA area. Links to products etc are earlier in this thread, I think, or elsewhere on the web, "David Berceli TRE".

Thanks to Nkem (instructor, www.TRELosAngeles.com ) and Emily (facilitator & friend, www.SomaticTraumaResolution.com )!

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 4