Taomeow

What are you watching on Youtube?

1 hour ago, OldSaint said:

I cringe every time i watch this. 

Haha! What is going on here? They are somehow meant to sense him and avoid the blow? How many goes are they allowed to have? One guy seemed to have had about five or six times and still got clapped for avoiding it. :D 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, morning dew said:

Haha! What is going on here? They are somehow meant to sense him and avoid the blow? How many goes are they allowed to have? One guy seemed to have had about five or six times and still got clapped for avoiding it. :D 

Its the Godan (5th Dan) test for Bujinkan (Ninjutsu) they need to sense the killing intent of the sifu and instantly get out of the way or they fail. I believe they get 1 try. 

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, OldSaint said:

I cringe every time i watch this. 

But , are you cringing just as sensei is about to  hit,     or after it   ?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

But , are you cringing just as sensei is about to  hit,     or after it   ?  

Lol, i'm cringing because people fail it. It's embarrassing. You need to train for something like 15 years to take this test and you pas or fail in the span of a couple seconds.

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, morning dew said:

• Like 4

Nice video. Joking aside, there are definitely times when I've felt someone staring at me from behind and I've turned round to catch them; there have also been times in the past when I've been staring at somebody intently or giving somebody a dirty look from behind, and they've felt it and turned round lol :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, morning dew said:

Nice video. Joking aside, there are definitely times when I've felt someone staring at me from behind and I've turned round to catch them; there have also been times in the past when I've been staring at somebody intently or giving somebody a dirty look from behind, and they've felt it and turned round lol :D 

As you continue to develop your subtle senses this becomes a daily occurrence. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, alfheim said:

" .... sense someone in the room isnt doing the right thing or something .... "

YUP !    I get that . 

< thinks>  what happens if the testee sits facing the sword with eyes closed ? 

8 hours ago, morning dew said:

.. and sometimes they just won't !  Goddamnit ! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OldSaint said:

As you continue to develop your subtle senses this becomes a daily occurrence. 

I call it 'spherical awareness '     advanced aikido practitioners  and long term (alive) motorcycle riders have it   also   :)  

• Like 1

Reminded me of a movie I saw recently, in the final sword fight before the final cut the one says to the other. "We'll be friends in our next life."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Reminded me of a movie I saw recently, in the final sword fight before the final cut the one says to the other. "We'll be friends in our next life."

That sounds like it's fromThe Swordsman?  I just watched that the other night.  It was fun.  That moment stood out.

• Like 1

We used to play a game where you put your palms down ,on top of someone elses upturned palms , and they try to smack the back of your hands. ... it is fun ..if youre evenly matched. ;)

Yup ,thats it. :)

An arms race, began one day, when my dog, needed to be walked, and came to me to arrange it. He stared at me, and I figured out what the look meant., and then got off the couch ,because it was my chore. 

However, sometimes, I did not immediately agree, since he was just trying to take advantage of my easy nature, to get more walking time. 

This is where the arms race intensified, because I started trying to mess with his head likewise. 

Eventually he began to read my intent a full quarter second or so before I actually was going to get up, and he would spin around in a circle in the mean time. :)

• Like 3

On other days, although his sense of time was impeccable, I would call him with the word Walkies, to take him out. Testing his hearing and attention, I began to say the word in the middle of sentences ,and quieter and quieter ... till I could whisper the word on the other side of the house in the middle of a conversation at odd times, and he would run in with his ears perked up making that enthusiastic questionmark expression, he started with. That was fun, a sweet handsome little dog, many years ago.

• Like 5

On 6/26/2017 at 4:40 PM, morning dew said:

Haha! What is going on here? They are somehow meant to sense him and avoid the blow?

I read that in the good old days they used to do it with a real sword, so only those that were really prepared took the challenge.

• Like 1

Awesome sound,, till now I thought the scariest sound was more of bing bing, Attention passengers , We are experiencing some difficulties.... :)

• Like 1