Thunder_Gooch

Ling Bao Tong Zhi Neng Nei Gong Shu

I ordered this book recently and received it a couple of days ago. Looks intense. After a quick browse, I'm not sure how much use it would be without a teacher from the same lineage...the instructions are detailed and precise, but the material definitely needs some clarification, and the user some guidance/direction, I would've thought. I'll have a more detailed look later.

Now that SotG has revived this thread, has anyone been using this book i nthe intervening two years since OP, and do they have any experiences to share/advice to give?

• Like 2

This is another one I picked up on general principle and havent read yet :blush:

So do I ... :P

• Like 2

This is a hard core instruction book.

Not for beginners.

seems to be a book for ppl who have a grasp on basic alchemy.

but if you just seen your first john chang video today , this IS NOT THE BOOK FOR YOU.

lmao^^^^

- also tell them about the spelling errors

-it has a few other page errors (dealing with when to practice 11pm-1am)

-also the text in the back NEEDS TO BE READ.

• Like 1

seems to be a book for ppl who have a grasp on basic alchemy.

but if you just seen your first john chang video today , this IS NOT THE BOOK FOR YOU.

lmao^^^^

- also tell them about the spelling errors

-it has a few other page errors (dealing with when to practice 11pm-1am)

-also the text in the back NEEDS TO BE READ.

Yep the golden flower is there ;)

ok, just bought mine...should be here 6-12 August!

Thanks for all the reviews and tidbits guys! :)

• Like 2

This is a hard core instruction book.

Not for beginners.

I bought the book, I've found it's similar to Mo-Pai levels one and two. Does it contain any other Mo-Pai similar levels such as fusion etc?

I bought the book, I've found it's similar to Mo-Pai levels one and two. Does it contain any other Mo-Pai similar levels such as fusion etc?

King, I think many neidan methods are similar to MP levels one and two...they are pretty standard. However, have a look through the rest of the book if you have it. In my opinion there is nothing similar to the fusion claimed by MP, though that's not to say that the results are dissimilar (I do not speak from experience however.)

I do not think the higher levels are included in the book either, just beginner and intermediate, though perhaps others can correct me on this. I know there are Longman Pai practitioners among us here on the forum.

King, I think many neidan methods are similar to MP levels one and two...they are pretty standard. However, have a look through the rest of the book if you have it. In my opinion there is nothing similar to the fusion claimed by MP, though that's not to say that the results are dissimilar (I do not speak from experience however.)

I do not think the higher levels are included in the book either, just beginner and intermediate, though perhaps others can correct me on this. I know there are Longman Pai practitioners among us here on the forum.

If Wang Liping is as advanced as his students claim then the instruction manual they created goes over only the very, very basics. Edited by KenBrace

If Wang Liping is as advanced as his students claim then the instruction manual they created goes over only the very, very basics.

I don't think it is as basic as all that, as some sections specifically require decent progress before they can be tackled (don''t have the book to hand at the moment so I can't check) but you may be misled by the fact that the manual does not discuss any 'abilities' that may arise from reaching the different stages.

I have it on good authority that the manual was only ever intended to be used alongside a teacher, not instead of.

• Like 2

They market whatever sells.

If you put regular people around high level qigong practices they will repeat whatever their master said or that they are practicing super-high neidan whatever.

Edited by SeekerOfHealing

Yes he asks for huge sum of money for Qi Gong and Nei Gong without initiation.And around him people who made business of it all.So sad.

Ormus

His teachings focus on moving post natal energies here and there by meanings of mind which is generally consider a qigong. I don't see any neidan teachings there based on the english translation of the book.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, he is considered a national treasure of China, and is not able to personally set his rates. I imagine things have changed from the time the Dragon Gate book was published, but that book clearly describes his emphasis on living simply, giving all his money to his teachers even though they refuse it, living in a small home with his family, only eating simple foods, only riding a bike and only keeping a stamp collection. I imagine things have changed since then, but I'd guess he doesn't really get involved in pricing and administration.

As for whether or not he teaches qigong or neidan..... the student with destiny will meet the right teacher regardless of the distance, while others might listen to the same teachings yet hear nothing. Poignancy is preeminent and precludes prevarication. Little point in talking to others about what they think is real. If you need to know, go find out. Or better yet cultivate some virtue and follow your way to your own true teachers.

It is part of the operation of the dao for what we don't need to not appear real to us. Does this mean it cannot be real to others?

• Like 5

It is part of the operation of the dao for what we don't need to not appear real to us. Does this mean it cannot be real to others?

this is basis of the confusion. Not operation of the Dao, if Dao ought to be confusing people it would be nonsense. I respect what you are saying but this is far from reality. As to be judgmental is plain stupid of course but base on the teachings in Richard's book is straight qigong.

Edited by SeekerOfHealing

If he is national treasure of China, why they dont support him and made him living better and not so modest.Again why treasure need so much dolars and fame?

Ormus

this is basis of the confusion. Not operation of the Dao, if Dao ought to be confusing people it would be nonsense. I respect what you are saying but this is far from reality. As to be judgmental is plain stupid of course but base on the teachings in Richard's book is straight qigong.

It is simply the operation of kan and li: how the true is often hidden within the false - how the false easily comes to cover the true.

To get to the truth we need to go deeper than what is on the surface.

Wang Liping's teachings may emphasize things that appear to be qigong, but is that the same as saying it has nothing to do with neidan? Is it not important to emphasize the development of a strong foundation?

In the book it is written that this is the first in what is intended to be a series of books. If this book mainly covers things that appear to be qigong, does that mean this teacher only teaches according to this book? How is one to know what is taught after the stages covered in the book, or how what comes next is able to capitalize on the type of foundation developed by the initial practices?

I've now read at least a couple of translated texts which mention how beyond words the more advanced stages are anyway....

If he is national treasure of China, why they dont support him and made him living better and not so modest.Again why treasure need so much dolars and fame?

Ormus

What is simple is powerful. In the Dragon Gate book it talks about how after some seminar one of the rich attendants hosted dinner with many extravagant dishes.... however Wang Liping only ate some mung bean sprouts. The daodejing speaks of the Sage dissolving knowledge every day rather than learning more every day. Superior virtuous power is thus because it is not used. Inferior virtuous power becomes inferior through usage. The more usage, the more inferior.

I don't know much about how China operates, but it isn't a democracy, and the freedoms we are accustomed to in the west aren't the same there. Wang Liping's interest is in teaching, and he has demonstrated to his country the value in this. Thus he is able to do what he cares about and his country is able to benefit from it. Mutual benefit - if Wang Liping desired more comfort and money no doubt he could have it.

• Like 2