Again, I am going by the mainstream view of evangelicals.

If they have misunderstanding, take it up with them.

Every site that I've ventured to has said the same thing BELIEF. Stop beating a horse that doesn't exist.

The topic wasn't even Salvation. You just brought that up on your own.

As evidence that you don't know what you're talking about.

Belief is secondary to verbal confession. I don't understand why you are so confused.

Because I can reference scripture after scripture that say BELIEF is THE FACTOR

Every site that I've ventured to has said the same thing BELIEF. Stop beating a horse that doesn't exist.

What don't you understand about the term "Salvation Prayer"?

What don't you understand about the term "Salvation Prayer"?

Apparently you and I have differing intent when we speak. When I say something whether in Prayer or to my fellow man I MEAN what I say so like when I confess that Jesus is Lord and BELIEVE that He died and was Raised by our Father I MEAN it. Ok so you win. If people are goin around praying a prayer without the whole meaning and intent behind it then sure, the majority of Christians are doomed. At the Learning Center that I belong I would say that the overall majority has the Understanding of Salvation. Anywho no reason to continue this derail, you win. :) Blessings, Miracles and Uncommon Favor Upon You and Your Household

On topic. I only brought up Hesychasm because it is slightly different than mainstream Christianity. I don't know a whole lot about Gnostic teachings. There is a book I was thinking of getting about the 42(?) letter name of God, for shlits and giggles :)