manitou

Not-Doing

Stosh said: "I dont want anyone messing around with my dreams or in my head" no worries, Stosh, it wasn't an invite ^_^ although I don't think the personal space would be invaded in that way... :ph34r:

thanks for the ziran link, I'll check it out later.

∞Nelida

My understanding of wu-wei is that it is performed by one who has highly developed the nature of his Te (virtue). By removing their rough edges, by rounding themselves out and seeing things from a perspective of not good/not bad, they can then set their intent (this merges with Castaneda as well) on the outcome that is the highest and best for the situation. This outcome can only come about by keeping one's hands off of it. The other half of this, is that any action needed to be taken that is required during the dynamic of the situation must be the Most Loving (highest and best) action, done from a non-judgmental perspective and done with a heart of love. If one asks oneself, what should I do here?, the answer is generally Do Nothing; this guarantees that things will shake out without our interference, it follows The Way. But it does require that the doer, the performer, be in a place of non-involvement as to the particular outcome of the situation, or feeling in any way that they know what's 'best'. We don't know what's best. So often what appears to be seemingly bad turns out to be seemingly good, and vice versa.

I don't believe that wu-wei can be done from a perspective of opinion or desire for a particular outcome. The performer surrenders to the outcome, doesn't assume that she knows what's best for the situation, and just watches it fall into place. But the inner condition of non-judgment of the performer is essential. Agape love is the key, if you ask me.

It is absolute sorcery, and it works.

The sorceress speaks! Hi, manitou!

Makes me feel good to read what you have to say.

I am writing a little bit on the side about the induction of hypnogogic states, as if instruction could be given. To me; by me! Ha ha, but maybe. I like that this thread comes again and again to the magic of the expression in words.

I'm writing because my correspondence with friends came around to equilibrioception, and proprioception, and I think this is some good stuff. The other three senses: pitch, yaw and roll associated with the vestibular system in the inner ear and likewise the sense of gravity in the otolithic organs there, and the sense of the location of self that is informed by the muscles, ligaments, and joints.

My take is that the induction of a hypnogogic state begins with where we are and what we feel in connection with where we are, and how that is necessary to the movement of breath. "Deliverance from thought without grasping" as the ending of suffering, temporarily, in the necessity of breath. The laying down of the burden. Wu-wei.

I feel for Joe, and his frustration- sounds like he does good work and needs to make some money, I can really relate!