Sign in to follow this  
skydog

Building a retreat centre- with sacred geometry, luxury, feng shui, sustainable living

I am considering building a resort/retreat centre some time. I want to make sure it is constructed in a way that puts people into a deep meditative state naturally. So ideally it would use feng shui, sacred geometry, certain materials, also it would be deeply in touch with the environment as well as being a beacon of sustainable living.

Any ideas, books, organisations to contact, to find out more about this?

I've just purchased the land to do the very same thing. I've decided on the Western sacred geometry model. These are all over the world and still being build. I am going to do the same thing but on a much smaller scale. The basics are a dome, courtyard, obelisk, river and graveyard in most cases.

Luxor

Luxor1.jpg

Vatican

Vatican.jpg

D.C.

mall.jpg

Chartres Cathedral in France is the best example I know of Sacred geometry so it may be a good place to get information. It has Sun and Moon towers (ie Yin and Yang) at the front and Jesus is depicted at it's heart, with the Labyrinth or vortex at the lower dan tien. It is astrologically aligned and aligned with the local ley lines and scientists still can't work out how they made the stain glass so bright. Good thing the inquisition missed this spot off in their attempts to eradicate Western knowledge.

chartres-cathedral-sacred-geometry.jpg?w=470&h=296

ChartresPlan.jpg

cienciareal_cathedral02.gif

Some of that seems a bit grandiose for a new center. I'd like to see herb gardens in with sacred geometries. Paths for bare feet that start rocky to evolve into sand; paths that form bau guas and trigrams. Trellises of grapes, meditation places filled with purple lavendar.

I'd like to see hammocks instead of beds, big bonfires, pieces of thick tree stumps carved into meditation seats.

• Like 1

thanks for the replies guys.

to rainbow vein- the place is nice but I was thinking more sustainability..not my cup of tai chi

to jetsun and Taiji Bum thats interesting, Im going to really research sacred geometry.

Actually Lerner I really liked your comment. Could you tell me what is a bagua, trelis and trigram?

Also the idea of meditation seats carved from trees is interesting yet..im somewhat unsure how well that fits with sustainable living.

heres a nice place..

http://www.treehugger.com/sustainable-product-design/compact-forest-dwelling-in-les-maisons-sylvestres-by-matali-crasset.html

Sign in to follow this