Harmonious Emptiness

Essentials for Success on the Spiritual Path

I've found this list of precepts to be very helpful in keeping a proper view of true and false paths while trying to walk a spiritual path. Just posting it here as I think it could be very beneficial for all those who walk spiritual paths.

"The Supreme Path, Rosary of Precious Gems"

I find these precepts to transcend the limitations of any particular spiritual path, and so am putting this in the General Discussion area rather than the Buddhist Discussion. I hope all will enjoy their wisdom!

I've found this list of precepts to be very helpful in keeping a proper view of true and false paths while trying to walk a spiritual path. Just posting it here as I think it could be very beneficial for all those who walk spiritual paths.

"The Supreme Path, Rosary of Precious Gems"

I find these precepts to transcend the limitations of any particular spiritual path, and so am putting this in the General Discussion area rather than the Buddhist Discussion. I hope all will enjoy their wisdom!

Harmonious FULLNESS stems from divine love, which be the essential 'GEM' for success on the spiritual path...

I've found that 'keeping a proper view of true and false paths while trying to walk a spiritual path' keeps many from realizing that there is only one path... the core difference resides in the direction individuals be going... and even that may be somewhat questionable as one could be going in a bad direction to a bad destination for a good reason and a good cause... to do good there... I've found that to walk a spiritual path one requires to cultivate good, truth, understanding, that is one requires to love... having a proper view or having a illusory view could help and/or hinder... still the key resides in having love... which leads to understanding truth and good... there are many ways this can be expanded... still the core and the expansions of love remains the same... one thought, action, feeling... suffices to change it all... and this instant may determine once and for all what will be forevermore so make sure to choose love... always think of love from now on...

Harmonious FULLNESS stems from divine love, which be the essential 'GEM' for success on the spiritual path...

I've found that 'keeping a proper view of true and false paths while trying to walk a spiritual path' keeps many from realizing that there is only one path... the core difference resides in the direction individuals be going... and even that may be somewhat questionable as one could be going in a bad direction to a bad destination for a good reason and a good cause... to do good there... I've found that to walk a spiritual path one requires to cultivate good, truth, understanding, that is one requires to love... having a proper view or having a illusory view could help and/or hinder... still the key resides in having love... which leads to understanding truth and good... there are many ways this can be expanded... still the core and the expansions of love remains the same... one thought, action, feeling... suffices to change it all... and this instant may determine once and for all what will be forevermore so make sure to choose love... always think of love from now on...

Well I'm glad you posted this as I was trying to think of some way to say more or less the same thing but decided it might eventually come out in the conversation anyways.

So, yes, I don't mean to say that everyone's path MUST follow these precepts (even less that I am anyone to say such things), but simply that they provide good advice, at least for my path, to stay away from many of the pitfalls along the road.

I think you would enjoy this section too then:

5. THE TEN THINGS NOT TO BE AVOIDED

(1) Ideas, being the radiance of the mind, are not to be avoided.

(2) Thought-forms, being the revelry of Reality, are not to be avoided.

(3) Obscuring passions, being the means of reminding one of Divine Wisdom (which gives deliverance from them), are not to be avoided (if properly used to enable one to taste life to the full and thereby reach disillusionment).

(4) Affluence, being the manure and water for spiritual growth, is not to be avoided.

(5) Illness and tribulations, being teachers of piety, are not to be avoided.

(6) Enemies and misfortune, being the means of inclining one to a religious career, are not to be avoided.

(7) That which comes of itself, being a divine gift, is not to be avoided.

(8) Reason, being in every action the best friend, is not to be avoided.

(9) Such devotional exercises of body and mind as one is capable of performing are not to be avoided.

(10) The thought of helping others, however limited one's ability to help others may be, is not to be avoided.

These are The Ten Things Not To Be Avoided.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Thanks HE. :) I like these 10:

Glad you enjoy :) .

They are of course geared towards the Buddhist path, however, I can't think of a path that doesn't put great importance on having good motivations, humility, and great diligence. I also find that, as important as these are, they can easily slip away, like a bird from the hand, if taken for granted. Thus, I find these precepts helpful to remind me of this.

Well I'm glad you posted this as I was trying to think of some way to say more or less the same thing but decided it might eventually come out in the conversation anyways.

So, yes, I don't mean to say that everyone's path MUST follow these precepts (even less that I am anyone to say such things), but simply that they provide good advice, at least for my path, to stay away from many of the pitfalls along the road.

I think you would enjoy this section too then:

rather than stay away from the pitfalls along the road ensure a way to traverse them without capsizing...

THE TEN THINGS TO BE considered :

(1) Ideas, being the radiance of the mind, are to be carefully cultivated.

(2) Thought-forms, being the revelry of Reality, are to be wisely tendered .

(3) Divine Wisdom (which provides deliverance from Obscuring passions and appreciation of enriching passions) is to be cherished (if properly used to enable one to taste life to the full and reach enlightenment and a bit more).

(4) Affluence, being a means for spiritual growth, is to be properly applied and directed to enrich everyone.

(5) Health, appreciation, and humility being teachers of piety, are to be spread .

(6) Friends and fortune, being the means of inclining one to unity are to be sought and shared ( even with adversaries -who may turn into partners) .

(7) A divine gift, is to be accepted for it is sent by the divine.

(8) Reason, being in every action the best friend, is to be 'educated' in the ways of love, truth and kindness.

(9) Such devotional exercises to develop body, mind and spirit to outperform what one is capable of doing need be welcomed.

(10) The thought of helping others, however limited one's ability to help others may be, should lead to actions and words to help others.

Always remember that by changing yourself, you contribute to change everything... so have a good idea, cultivate a good thought, appreciate a divine feeling of love and share a smile... even if only you notice it!

These are Ten Things To Be considered, though if you want to keep it simple smile (KISS) and love ...

rather than stay away from the pitfalls along the road ensure a way to traverse them without capsizing...

Take it, leave it. Whatever!

Sounds like you've got your plan all laid out though!..

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Take it, leave it. Whatever!

Sounds like you've got your plan all laid out though!..

Harmonious,

What one chooses to take and what one chooses to leave... matters quite a bit... my hope is that my comments lead to deeper reflection and understanding while promoting a focus on what really does matter... my desire centers on a singular perfect integration that cultivates the better possibilities by focusing on cultivating the better possibilities... I have no plan other than focusing on what be good and cultivating it...