"also writings such as this often lead folks into thinking all they have to do is meditate for a bit while keeping their same job, their same lifestyle, their same old habits, their same friends, and so forth" Could you speak more to this? Not that it's affecting me personally or anything;-)

I think Bill Bodri has an article on it. Beware, somewhat dense. It is very rewarding once you know how to connect the dots.

http://www.meditationexpert.com/meditation-techniques/m_how_to_open_your_sushumna_central_channel_using_tantra.html

I saw that this book "Walking with the Angel" by Nephilhim Press Is coming out soon. It's basically a group of Occultist's whom have all connected with there HGA and they talk about their experiences. As soon as I can reserve a copy I am going to....currently gitty with excitement. :)

Lot of good occultist's writing in this book:

Michael Cecchetelli

Rufus Opus

Jason Miller

Aaron Leitch

And a couple more....link: http://www.nephilimpress.com/forthcoming/

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 4

I saw that this book "Walking with the Angel" by Nephilhim Press Is coming out soon. It's basically a group of Occultist's whom have all connected with there HGA and they talk about their experiences. As soon as I can reserve a copy I am going to....currently gitty with excitement. :)

Lot of good occultist's writing in this book:

Michael Cecchetelli

Rufus Opus

Jason Miller

Aaron Leitch

And a couple more....link: http://www.nephilimpress.com/forthcoming/

My 2 cents, Peace

Yes let me know when you do! That seems like a cool book.

• Like 1

I was recently listening to a practitioner and he said communion with ones HGA was basically the result of opening ones heart center? Anyone know if that is true? He said this was because Tiphareth was associated with the heart center.

My 2 cents, Peace

I just experienced a heart cleansing the other day in a dream. There was a being in my dream that was following my mom. A child like being with long hair and was wearing a blue robe. I was pissed off at her in the dream. I was walking around my house and she was telling me I could have whatever I wanted and then I began to ask who the frick was with her and I went into this strange state where I some times morph energy and I felt as if I was going to attack her and the being behind her. But what ended up happening was I had felt this surge of energy go threw me, solar plexuses and heart chakra as this being morphed into a vampire and my mom turned into a zombie, it was rather peculiar. I felt all this grief leave me once and for all as I woke up groaning. I remember as this cleansing or renewal was happening I became aware of this area within me again (heart charka) and it freaked me the f0ck out, so I woke up. My upper chest doesn't feel 'clogged' any more. Strangely enough, females are a lot more receptive the last couple of days. I had been praying for healing lately, I just wasnt expecting to see what I saw.

Recently found 21st Century Mage by Augustus Newcomb. It basically strips attaining the Knowledge and Conversation through Abramelin ritual down to its basics and gets rid of the Christian trappings. It gives 10 different methods for achieving it. Anyone one ever read any of his books?

http://www.amazon.com/21st-Century-Mage-Divine-ebook/dp/B0073GUN0Q/ref=la_B001K8I22Y_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376264232&sr=1-1

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

I've read that one, good book :). I have to very strongly disagree with one thing he says though. He says you can stop early if it feels right. No, because many fake HGAs come to try to throw you off the path. It is a very very bad idea to stop before the actual end date you have set (6 or 18 months).

Interesting stuff. Thanks for your insights.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 1

Made my way through Christopher Bradford's series of blogs/posts on the HGA awhile ago and really found them insightful. The fact that he emphasizes Prayer, Listening and Trust as the fundamental "techniques" really resonated with me and have been proven quite powerful in some of my own recent experiences. Simple is often so powerful. The link is just the first of several posts. :)

http://heavenswithinearth.blogspot.com/2009/10/hga.html?q=Hga

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

I will tell you what I think. I experienced this Vision of the Holy Guardian Angel a number of years ago. Once open, the vision expands from there and is unstoppable.

Two years prior to the vision, I opened a portal into "Heaven" where I could see beings of Light, and lots of golden light. This vision, once open, stayed open 24/7. I was also meditating on a point high above my head called the Golden Ring by some. Using Golden Dawn terminology, this was the Sphere of Sensation I was playing with. The Auric Filed contains portals into other worlds which you can awaken. This I was doing.

I learned ThetaHealing and did hundreds of healings on myself and others during this time period. I woke up the ability to see past lives for my self and others and used this to aid in healings. One thing ThetaHealing taught me was how to cast out "entities", those unwanted negative spirits who "possess" you. I got this crazy idea to cast my own spirit out of my body as if I was an unwanted entity. I did so and was pulled out of my body by two angels and carried up into the Light, creating a near death experience. In this Light I met many beings of Light, the ones I'd been looking at in my vision of "heaven". "Father" walked up me and placed a chain over my head with a flame hanging from it. The flame rested over my heart. I found myself back in my body but the chain with its flame was still there.

Soon afterward, I was directed to studying Karezza, the sexual practice of having sex in stillness. Lots of hugging, not so much action. We did this all that summer. Orgasms were felt moving between us from chest to chest, bypassing the groin. I played with the flame on the chain by pulling it into my chest during sex so that it rested in my heart center. This increased the "heart orgasm" experience. I found that if I placed the flame inside my lover's heart that my own heart energy increased even more than when placing the flame inside my heart. This was, again, playing with Golden Dawn's Sphere of Sensation.

That summer, I also began spinning the golden ring high above my head in all directions at once. This is impossible, but when your mind manages to do this, it creates a great deal of energy in this portal above your head. I began conversing with the beings of Light in my open vision of Heaven that summer; it was an awesome experience to talk face to face with God. I also played with another portal of the Sphere of Sensation that summer which I called the Mirror. It is a door just in front of you that you can enter which is filled with Nothingness, or endless creative potential. I was told to take all this love I was generating from the extended hugging and cast it up into the Light while in the Mirror. This love which I surrendered always returned magnified.

That is what I was doing that summer and fall before the vision of the Holy Guardian Angel appeared. One morning while in meditation as I was looking at a vision of "heaven", "heaven" disappeared and a being of Light appeared in a dimension just beyond "heaven". I knew beyond any doubt that I was looking at me. This was my Holy Guardian Angel or Higher Self or whatever you want to call it. This vision stayed open 24/7 just as my vision of "heaven" had. Shortly afterward, "heaven" disappeared, never to return.

A year later, I was studying the Gnostic Mass by Crowley. I went into a trance and experienced the Mass on the astral plane. I recall the moment I received the drink and cake from the High Priestess; something shifted inside me. Shortly afterward, I invited the Holy Guardian Angel to descend and enter my body. It did and my inner world ignited with fire, lasting a couple of months.

Now, I have left off a great deal of what happened. But this is the gist of it as relating to this Higher Self or Holy Guardian Angel. What caused this? There was intense work on the heart. Three was intense work on the portals in the Sphere of Sensation. I had to have a very open third eye. There were many mystical experience which built upon each previous one. This was not a casual effort. You got that right, whoever posted that comment. I was working on this constantly for years. You can see that opening the heart was part of it; opening the inner eye was also important. I was opening portals. Especially the one above my head was important, I think. What really caused the Holy Guardian Angel to appear? It was a mystical experience and I'm not sure just what brought it about. It just happened.

Everyone is going to experience this differently. Everyone's path is unique. Love in the heart, an open inner eye, patience, and following your inner guidance system with faith and vigilance are the key points; however they materialize is not as important as the inner shift you go through.

Edited by traveler
  • Like 4

Holy Guardian Angel one of the biggest misconceptions and the least understood in all of magickdom

Quite cryptic of you? Perhaps you could share your own experiences and insights on this topic?

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

I havent read anything else by him but I'd trust him , based on this book. I appreciated his down to earthness.

Cat, cat , cat ( see me shaking my head)

You have not read the Sexual Sorcery by him?

(As if I did... but Cat its you!)

It is likely that the term, Holy Guardian Angel, has nothing to do with my vision, yet, for the life of me, I cannot think of what else it could have been. Years ago, I studied the Abramelin ritual with a friend. The conclusion we came to was that this is but one way to wake up this vision of the Holy Guardian Angel. Crowley used an Egyptian ritual call The Bornless One to attain "Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel". [see http://www.jwmt.org/v1n7/bornless.html]

“The Heart Girt with a Serpent is My Name" is one of the lines of the ritual. “The Heart Girt with a Serpent" (Liber LXV) is also the name of a poem which Crowley wrote, and I have pondered the first chapter quite a number of times. It fascinates me for some reason.

I am the Heart; and the Snake is entwined

About the invisible core of the mind.

Rise, O my snake! It is now is the hour

Of the hooded and holy ineffable flower.

Rise, O my snake, into brilliance of bloom

On the corpse of Osiris afloat in the tomb!

O heart of my mother, my sister, mine own,

Thou art given to Nile, to the terror Typhon!

Ah me! but the glory of ravening storm

Enswathes thee and wraps thee in frenzy of form.

Be still, O my soul! that the spell may dissolve

As the wands are upraised, and the aeons revolve.

Behold! in my beauty how joyous Thou art,

O Snake that caresses the crown of mine heart!

Behold! we are one, and the tempes of years

Goes down to the dusk, and the Beetle appears.

O Beetle! the drone of Thy dolorous note

Be ever the trance of this tremulous throat!

I await the awaking! The summons on high

From the Lord Adonai, from the Lord Adonai!

(Liber LXV, by A. Crowley)

I see the heart with a snake wrapped around it. The heart does hot resist but yields, and in this act of surrender comes its true power for the snake is absorbed into the heart, they become one. Can you imagine what it feels like to have your heart held in a death grip, the constricted sensation, the heaviness of the snake's added weight. I recently reread parts of The Law of One. In session 49, it says:

We have two types of energy. We are attempting then, as entities in any true color of this octave, to move the meeting place of inner and outer natures further and further along or upward along the energy centers. ... As the entity grows in self-acceptance and awareness of catalyst the location of the comfortable seating of these experiences will rise to the new true color entity. ... Where these energies meet is where the serpent will have achieved its height. ... Meanwhile the Creator lies within. In the north pole the crown is already upon the head and the entity is potentially a god. This energy is brought into being by the humble and trusting acceptance of this energy through meditation and contemplation of the self and of the Creator. (Law of One, session 49)

I conclude from this session that where you feel uncomfortable is where the work is going on, it is where the upward path is blocked, or "constricted" by the coils of the serpent. The heart girt with a serpent is in need of clearing of obstruction. How is this achieved? Surrender, yield to yielding as P'taah says it.

However you choose attempting to awaken this Vision of the Holy Guardian Angel, an open heart seem like a good recommendation. I will suggest a prayer as an aid:

Dear God/Goddess, please take this from me, it is a gift for you, it is yours, thank you very much. (Mystress Angelique Serpent)

As you say, "It is yours," you may feel as if your offering is actually leaving your body. After the heart is clear, the focus of inner work shifts upward and the sensation of a serpent binding the heart fades away. You are one more step closer to your potential as a god. This Vision of the Holy Guardian Angel most likely occurs many times on different levels of consciousness as the Snake advances upward. "The Beetle appears." I would guess that it is the dung beetle who sits in Ra's boat as it traverses the underworld toward the Golden Dawn, where Lord Adonai is waiting for you.

Edited by traveler
  • Like 1

SonOfTheGods, I looked The Headless One up and it was a good read. Tell us what it is like to perform the ritual and what results you felt, please. And, in your opinion, does this Headless One have anything to do with the Holy Guardian Angel? I am not a serious student of these rituals and am shooting from the hip here.

• Like 1

SonOfTheGods, I looked The Headless One up and it was a good read. Tell us what it is like to perform the ritual and what results you felt, please. And, in your opinion, does this Headless One have anything to do with the Holy Guardian Angel? I am not a serious student of these rituals and am shooting from the hip here.

The headless one - "for Me" was the initial voluntary step forward to acknowledge that Quest.

I took it serious, performed it over a period of time.

various paths were "lit up" before me, and I choose the ones I felt I was being led to.

Sutekh, constellation of the thigh, Abramelin, Enochian, Necronomicon (NOT the mainstream stuff)

Kundalini was my multicoloured dream coat

By "paths being lit up", do you mean paths of the Three of Life or some other paths?

I love the story of Osiris, Isis, Set, and Horus. I am a Mason and we have a Jewish version of this Egyptian story in our ritual work. The three ruffians of the Masonic ritual are Set or Sutekh. And they represent the penalties just as Osiris was killed in various ways: suffocation, being cut up and scattered, etc.

The celestial Four Sons of Horus could, then, be viewed as cranking the wheel of the cosmos, which is centered on the north celestial pole, the focus of the pyramid's entrance - the navel of the Osiris-Djed. This clockwork-like mechanism would provide the Sun, and therefore the dead King, with the force that will lift him up to be reborn in the eastern horizon after having descended into the depths of the Duat. (http://www.pyramidofman.com/Body.htm)

That is downright fun to think about. I am interested in the journey through the underworld. I see it as an inevitable passage. My main interest in John Dee's work has been the Ring of King Solomon.

Edited by traveler
  • Like 1

As you say, "It is yours," you may feel as if your offering is actually leaving your body. After the heart is clear, the focus of inner work shifts upward and the sensation of a serpent binding the heart fades away. You are one more step closer to your potential as a god. This Vision of the Holy Guardian Angel most likely occurs many times on different levels of consciousness as the Snake advances upward. "The Beetle appears." I would guess that it is the dung beetle who sits in Ra's boat as it traverses the underworld toward the Golden Dawn, where Lord Adonai is waiting for you.

In my, now converted to everyday awareness, 'religous practice' I 'own nothing'. What am I but receptor organs for my creator and Goddess; Nuit? I exist so she may gain expereince in the world of physical incarnation, therfore all experience pain and pleasure, complete fulfillment and an empty heart howling at the Moon are all hers. Amidst the canyons of the heart the winged serpent flies ... around the stone of the heart the serpent is coiled.

One is flashing rainbow hued, the other green. Green has two phases; one can be likened to Venus and a heart encurled by Venus is what many experience, when Venus rises up to the 'heart' directly it can be a problem (Venus : veneres : venom : poison : a magic philtre / potion : hormones - very hard to resist a 'poision' and hence the heart CAN be encirled in a restrictive manner considering the position of Venus in the 'Psychological Tree'. The other side of the green snake (perhaps what Crowley writes about) can be seen in the context of 'glittering green' the colour of the robes worn by 'Kidur' the Sufi '(apparitional master' and 'guide') ... who in true Mercurial fashion (with the elemnt of the trickster ... or by 'riddle') points the way. In this aspect Venus passes through Mercurius (hence becoming the Rainbow Serpent) ... which is the correct and modulated path for Venus (or Mars) to approach the Heart / Sun / Ego.

From there it rises, to eventually complete the cycle that started it all; from the 'heavenly black snake'

(Wallenganda - the dark middle of the Milky Way) that spat her water upon all of us which created the great dream of existance.

(see creation myths of Austrailan Rainbow Sepent and Book of the Law : II : 26.

Edited by Nungali

Oh yes ... it works very well on the physical level with things like pain as well. Many days I have are filled with physical pain ( from a variety of conditions ... I rarely take painkillers (much to the annoyance of my doctor :) ... anyone would think he gets a commision on it ;) ) but most of the time I function quiet well and seem happier and at peace a lot more than many people I know who seem to be leading lives that 93% of the population would absolutly envy.