ancienthealth

Qigong Grandmaster Yuanming Zhang - My experience

Just went to get a healing from him - PM'd this to someone and was told I should post in forum - wouldn't normally be inclined to do so, but figured why not? --------

When he first walked in the room there was this gigantic mangetic warm electromagnetic aura around him.. incredible power. Very reserved, and humble vibration to him.

then i walked in the healing.. he was sitting in full lotus, and i was to sit across from him, so I went into full lotus, and imitated some breathing and gestures he did. He doesn't speak much english, so it's more of a "do what I do" kind of thing. For the first 20 minutes it was pretty low key and I was wondering if I wasted my money... but he was just warming me up. Did some cool acupressure stuff though, that really opened up the chi in my hands.

then he had me lie on my back.. here we go. He was doing acupressure, and I felt electric shocks going into my back/spine.. and my legs and arms started having involuntary movements.. similar to what I've seen on the John Chang videos, though perhaps not as extreme. This was very intense, and the chi fields were building around me. Then he stopped touching me directly and I guess he was just playing with the chi fields above me (dunno, had my eyes closed) and my whole body started to feel like a magnet. Many times I started laughing because the energy was so overwhelmingly strong/pleasant. Then he started working on my head, and I felt a tremendous energy in my third eye and crown -- he both touched them directly, and also worked on them without direct touch.

THe healing was 1 hr long. It wasn't for health purposes, but just to improve practice. I'm going to get a private lesson on friday to learn a form from him, then maybe to a group workshop on sunday. I am a very inexperienced practitioner with a bit of GOT and Spring Forest Under my belt - excited to have a real teacher in town. Apparently he will be here in NYC four times a year.. good enough for me :-)

www.qigongmaster.com

Edited by ancienthealth
  • Like 5

I should add, that my practice is definitely impacted (although it's a bit early to really tell). Did some SFQ after to see... I feel his energy with me for sure. There is a new warmth in my dan tien, and a certain spaciousness around me that wasn't there before. Also I started doing some spontaneous movements (not during the healing, I mean once I got home), only for about 20 seconds, but they were very much like the things he was having me imitate, and some of the stuff i've seen him do on video. I thought that was quite strange/interesting.

Edited by ancienthealth
  • Like 2

Go http://qigongmaster.com - Master Zhang.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/2396-grandmaster-yuanming-zhang/ wow a 2006 thread of someone who experienced Master Zhang

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=339

his background -- cool - this is not on his website!

http://www.members.tripod.com/hronald/ahommmt/spring.htm

Another great testimonial

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 2

Awesome dude, you have a great opportunity to learn with this Master, I would make full use of it!!

From the article that Drew posted : "Qigong provides a vehicle to help us and our children cope with the sense of separation from nature and alienation from spirit."

I think that is so important.

Edited by Ish
  • Like 1

Wait should Stiggy contact Master Zhang to give him $1.5 million or maybe this thread should be disappeared like my thread about Chunyi Lin.

haha. There are real qigong masters out there - no matter how often thetaobums mods try to hide the fact.

haha.

Electric shocks, involuntary movements, whole body feels like a magnet.

Fa Jing in action.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

Thanks for sharing that, I've watched his videos on youtube many times and got an amazing vibe from them. I'm nowhere near NYC but it would be great to stay at Mt Qingcheng one day!

I got a private lesson from Master Zhang today. I don't feel right posting what he taught yet, as I haven't processed it fully myself... but let me just say it was very intense, he didn't hold back just because I'm a beginner, it is the real deal, I almost feel undeserving.!. Already I feel my third eye, heart, and chest starting to open and I've felt his energy with me all day. If anyone's interested in hearing more you can definitely PM me.

• Like 1

I spent some time with Master Zhang and for me, sorry to say, I wasn't impressed. First off he offered a seminar but wouldn't say what was being taught. The one I did go to was Tiger Qigong seminar. I went to the Tiger Qigong seminar in Southern California and took a group healing seminar, same day. Felt nothing special from the exercises or the healing seminar. And, I was able to communicate with Master Zhang via Chinese. I also had nearly 20 years background in qigong and martial arts by that time.

In addition, he sold a video tape which supported the seminar. I bought this tape to support what I learned at the seminar. Unfortunately there was all of 2 or 3 minutes of anything valuable on the video. The rest was video of his students. A waste of money in my opinion.

Of course when I did see Master Zhang it was back in 2004 or so so maybe he hadn't developed fully by then.. I don't know.. As it stands not he is not someone I would seek out as an instructor. At least based on my previous exposure to him.

My 2 cents.

I spent some time with Master Zhang and for me, sorry to say, I wasn't impressed. First off he offered a seminar but wouldn't say what was being taught. The one I did go to was Tiger Qigong seminar. I went to the Tiger Qigong seminar in Southern California and took a group healing seminar, same day. Felt nothing special from the exercises or the healing seminar. And, I was able to communicate with Master Zhang via Chinese. I also had nearly 20 years background in qigong and martial arts by that time.

In addition, he sold a video tape which supported the seminar. I bought this tape to support what I learned at the seminar. Unfortunately there was all of 2 or 3 minutes of anything valuable on the video. The rest was video of his students. A waste of money in my opinion.

Of course when I did see Master Zhang it was back in 2004 or so so maybe he hadn't developed fully by then.. I don't know.. As it stands not he is not someone I would seek out as an instructor. At least based on my previous exposure to him.

My 2 cents.

his tapes are def. low quality productions, but i'm surprised you didn't feel anything from his healing. it was extremely powerful both times, and he seems to have complete command of the energy of the situation as a whole. now, following the lesson I basically can't stop meditating whenever something isn't taking my focus.. attention is drawn back to the third eye, heart, or LDT almost automatically because the energy is pulsing on it's own in those places. This was not the case prior to this week. Increased intuition and spontaneous joy and calm are the result of this. the practices he gave are powerful and something about them feels very ancient. Also I have been wide wide awake all day, usually, i'd be asleep by now, but I guess I'll continue to meditate

• Like 1

his tapes are def. low quality productions, but i'm surprised you didn't feel anything from his healing. it was extremely powerful both times, and he seems to have complete command of the energy of the situation as a whole. now, following the lesson I basically can't stop meditating whenever something isn't taking my focus.. attention is drawn back to the third eye, heart, or LDT almost automatically because the energy is pulsing on it's own in those places. This was not the case prior to this week. Increased intuition and spontaneous joy and calm are the result of this. the practices he gave are powerful and something about them feels very ancient. Also I have been wide wide awake all day, usually, i'd be asleep by now, but I guess I'll continue to meditate

Thanks for the review I may see him for a healing as I live in the Boston area and he will be here this coming week. Nice to see someone visit the northeast for a change it seems teachers never bother to come up this way especially the Boston area. Was the private lesson session advertised? He is offering medical qigong healing sessions but no private lessons and it would be nice to take what he gives and build upon it.