hah. sounds like a very interesting pair. don't believe i have heard that story

I actually dream of having sex with Kali...hahaha... :) I kid you not. Before that, I didn't know who was Kali. It changed my behaviors a bit after finding out what she represents. I am sure she loves me very much. Her appearance would always signal certain death and rebirth situation.

Edited by ChiForce

hah. sounds like a very interesting pair. don't believe i have heard that story

olddyingkitty.com/Phinmagic/?p=7953

it's in a web comic now :D lol

Probably with creative liberties and all ;)

ohhh but i am too impoverished to afford to entertain my desires, i cannot but afford to change myself in order to survive; yet i should not and embrace the inevitable suffering arising from fear, and push past my poverty and become as a thief, taking my desires the only way i can afford?

Wu Wei leaves me inactive in approach to desires...

and yet, i am to discern that i must allow desire to overcome my fear of embracing such desire?

No, i am thinking too much and feel nothing... too confused i am.

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

Here is something I truly (currently) lose at. No 'idea' why (although I still have a bunch of ideas why...)

Looking at my Bazi was very helpful in this respect:-)

--etc--

• Like 1

I actually dream of having sex with Kali...hahaha... :) I kid you not. Before that, I didn't know who was Kali. It changed my behaviors a bit after finding out what she represents. I am sure she loves me very much. Her appearance would always signal certain death and rebirth situation.

I 'met' her while half asleep one evening. Black Kali in full regalia. Flippin scary. No sex.

• Like 1

My first thought: John Lennon and Yoko Ono

My second thought:: We are all immortal lovers (taoist or not)! :P

Tragically, I think the majority of people are drawn into relationships as a distraction for their own problems or insecurities. I've had passionate lovers, but the moment that cultivation is brought up, it's similar to dragging a poor person to a financial investment seminar... they will do anything to avoid looking at the possibility of a higher reality, because their vanity can't stand the contrast.

I spent a lot of time hanging out in communities like TTB because I'm trying to figure out what the difference is in the psychology of someone who actually cares about cultivating, and evolving as a being, versus doing EVERYTHING in their power to avoid that stuff - which is most of the planet.

At any rate, I'm a big fan of Leonard Orr's works, especially "Breaking the death habit." He talks a lot about the death urge, and the accumulated death urge in societies, which is most obviously observed by people getting massively shit-faced on friday nights, and literally just SCREAMING. I see this all over the world, and it's so surreal, that we have such infinite capacity for creativity and joy, and yet most of us are dumber than animals, insofar as actively seeking our own destruction.

Now, the real issue with having an immortal couple situation is, if you're truly  enlightened, then everything you see "out there" is just a reflection of your own psyche, it's holographic, and the dance of maya is exquisite in its beauty - even in its wrathful forms. You lose the desire for that emotional validation coming from outside yourself. There's no boundary between the universe and your smaller perceived self. As David Deida is fond of saying, "if you're truly doing yoga - if you're in samadhi, what do you need with this little limited body over there?"

So, that's my take on why these couples are rare. The idea of it as an archetype (like Shiva and Kali) or metaphor of how energies flow out there, is more useful than actually wanting it to be a real thing... because at that level...it becomes irrelevant... it's like, if you can manifest anything out of thin air, you don't need to be a billionaire. The whole concept of money as an intermediary is pointless - you go directly to the source.

• Like 1

I'll get that legendary immortal couple legend.  it'll be me.  i just need the second half of this epic tale before it can begin to unfold!

Oh wherefore art thou?

I would swear they would be found here on The Dao Bums...! :unsure:

:huh:  but is it a he or a she?  i honestly don't know... :o

:wub: a she would be nice :P

unless there is a cultivation that creates fusion of two individuals, immortals, like mortals, will always be outside each other. Which means that, like dogson says, there is a path they will each walk alone and the 'couple' thing will dissolve like all other illusions.

8)

:wub: a she would be nice :P

There are dual purpose folk out there nowadays even with bits of both dangling, so no need to be choosey :P

8)

• Like 1

There are dual purpose folk out there nowadays even with bits of both dangling, so no need to be choosey :P

8)

Right? But i'm looking for that "other half" not the 'other half plus half of what i already have!'

haha  it's a crazy world we live in and i dont really want to anymore... :\

Hi Rainbowviein,

Seems like your friend has a pretty high standard... All chakras clear and wide open with everything working harmoniously... Seems to me that it is very rare to find one person like that in a city, let alone two for a couple...

Maybe i am just a romantic, but I would say that as long as both parties have an open heart and resonate; they can help each other find and move past their respective obstructions. :)

Best wishes, Jeff

Agree with you regarding the rarity, however I dont believe it takes nearly as long as many believe. Some will say some ridiculous things in my opinion regarding this.

Anyways,

Just wondering

Do you believe there a greater loop created between the 7 open?

similar to the famous 1-4 open loop?

"move past their respective obstructions.  :)"

Very curious about this, does one need to actually do anything physically to move past obstructions?

How does one move past obstructions?

Edited by MooNiNite

11bkq6a.jpg

All right guys and gals, I have to ask you this: :D

Do we have "taoist immortal lovers" on board, a loving couple which practices taoist alchemy together with the goal to raise up together and exist forever in happiness as immortal lovers in the realm of the taoist immortals?

...one of my not so obvious traits is that I'm pretty romantic, haha! :blush:

And I think this would be a pretty awesome goal to achieve.

This is beautiful.

Agree with you regarding the rarity, however I dont believe it takes nearly as long as many believe. Some will say some ridiculous things in my opinion regarding this.

Anyways,

Just wondering

Do you believe there a greater loop created between the 7 open?

similar to the famous 1-4 open loop?

There is definitely a greater loop when all 7 (chakras) are open.  The "famous 1-4" is really just a starting point.  The partners create sort of a joint purification loop that takes both parties higher.  Also, such a process is not limited to the body, but can go on to contain "all".

how does that work?

I cant help you there. its a hindu practice, I learned about it while studying in india. Im thinking the master has to be able to leave their body?

They really have mantras for lots of interesting things, like one where you put your feet in the river and say a mantra and it purifies the blood. 

• Like 1

I'd add there are problems with looking for 'perfect'.  One, you might never find it, or find it and its not recipricated, or discover 'perfect' is not forever or being perceived as perfect is an unwanted burden.  

There is beauty in the imperfect, maybe because of it.  There is a journey and evolution that goes on in all relationships; and in a changing world, the journey and sharing is goal enough.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

I'd add there are problems with looking for 'perfect'. 

Everyday relationships between partners who don´t know beans about taoism are, nevertheless, wonderfully alchemical.  Relationships spur personal and spiritual growth not in spite of our flaws but because of them.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

I think folks just need to patient. The problem with using historical figures is the fact that these guys were themselves, and never actually meant for people to look at them as examples. Buddha continuously asked people to stop looking at him like he was special, as did Jesus and many others. So just because they didn't do it doesn't mean that we can't do it, and none of them are necessarily pinnacles of development that we should measure ourselves by them.

It's not that hard to find someone, I find it's a lot harder for folks to accept that it is easy and should be easy. I mean many of us are probably looking for mates  in social circles that, by our own estimation, probably aren't very keen on this type of thing. I personally have no luck with women until I don't worry about them, but as soon as I "try" to "make something happen" things fall short. For me, this makes perfect sense; I got too many ideals when it comes to women that probably have nothing to do with what I really desire. Perhaps even these ideals aren't problematic, but more so that I haven't even cultivated or realized the capacity to recognize these patterns in a woman and let the relationship crystallize normally.

There are many options, but I also feel that we also aren't exposed to the more "active" applications of cultivation work that has often been shunned by religious folks. Yogic traditions shun a lot of their shamanistic root practices, but the goal of Yoga itself is a religious one based on Hindu ideals. There are many cultures who use those techniques for purposes that aren't even close to Yogic in the ideal, and despite what some Yogi "saint" might say, many of the practices they utilize were there because people wanted to experience magical purposes. So I feel we have a hard time being able to utilize what we cultivate because we might be following purity ideals from certain veins of thought that undermine the potential of what you do.

So when it comes to a perfect mate... the problem isn't a lack of availability or potential. Rather, we might be battling with ideals that negate the experience of a sexual partner as worthwhile. Moreover, to summon one for ourselves is often seen as lesser when we look at this "Holier than thou" mindsets than often come with our cultivation practices. If you truthfully think it is worthwhile, I feel you can easily find relationships of that nature that will take you just as far, or even farther, than you can go alone. It also helps to understand that these guys writing this stuff were living in a time that is completely different than ours, so those ideals only hold so much merit, especially since they presented a huge deal of difficulty for aspirants even in those times. I've come really close on a number of occasions, but I honestly didn't think it would work because the situation (i.e. living with my mom at the age of 27) was not "right". I take responsibility for those results.

As an aside, it does help to know that many supposed celibates were involved in the exact same practices of summoning female deities as sexual partners that MooNiNite mentioned. It can become quite easy to care less about needing a mate when you got a partner who not only helps you cultivate your energy, but honestly creates sexual experiences that, for many people, are ridiculously superior to what an aspirant is liable to experience with a regular woman. I personally have had such encounters, and it is pretty damned intense and effective, not to mention pleasure on a completely different scale. You can have this with a woman on Earth as well, it's just a lot simpler in many ways to summon a celestial figure who's natural proclivity is cultivation and cosmic sexual experience. 

• Like 1

" it's just a lot simpler in many ways to summon a celestial figure who's natural proclivity is cultivation and cosmic sexual experience. "

Who would be an approriate deity ?

Edited by Bruce Qi

" it's just a lot simpler in many ways to summon a celestial figure who's natural proclivity is cultivation and cosmic sexual experience. "

Who would be an approriate deity ?

There are many such beings, but it is about purification/cultivation.  Things like "cosmic sexual experience" is how the local body mind "translates" the powerful energy/light flows and not the purpose.

In the Taoist tradition/family, Xi Wangmu is very powerful and directly active in this dimensional human world system.

Best wishes.

• Like 3