yondaime109

I've lost the will to live, What the point of living anymore?

Ever since I got into metaphysics and found out about things like Eternal love, Enlightment, and reincarnation...It's kind of depressed me. All of the material things on earth and all the goals I've had up till now seem so insignificant and unimportant.

I've been planning on joining the military after high school because I really don't want to go to college or another school. But even that seems ridiculous and insignificant, Why shouldn't I just kill myself right now? I'm just going to get reincarnated anyway. Why even bother becoming a genius or anything great for that matter if we're all supposedly omnipotent gods that transcend time and space.

Edited by yondaime109

I was actually kind of content with being a semi-sapient being who had to work hard to achieve his dreams, But seriously what's the point? Those dreams are just insignificant anyway.

You aren't an omnipotent god, when you die you won't become an omnipotent god, nor will you transcend space and time when you die.

What will happen is you wind up back in a world like this one or not like this one, as a living being of some sort based on your karma during this lifetime.

Now I agree this situation sucks ****ing donkey nut chunks.

Killing yourself is just a reset button, and leads to a situation just like this one or worse.

Not going to solve a god **** thing.

Focus on breaking the cycle, there is only one school I know of that at least claims actually have a method to accomplish this.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested, if not please keep me posted if you find another means to this end.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

I was actually kind of content with being a semi-sapient being who had to work hard to achieve his dreams, But seriously what's the point? Those dreams are just insignificant anyway.

You gotta work hard to prevent suffering during this lifetime too, life is going to suck for you in 20 years if you don't have an in demand skill you can make decent money at.

Homelessness, serious health and legal problems, these are real possibilities if you give up on life and wait till your parents kick you out.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Why even bother becoming a genius or anything great for that matter if we're all supposedly omnipotent gods that transcend time and space.

You have traded one sense of self for another. The point is to look beyond it.

If you are looking towards the spiritual path to gain something, it will end in frustration.

What is your main goal taking this direction?

My motto is ****'s ****ed up, might as well fight, do the best you can with what you have.

If you fail to end rebirth this round, if you gave it 100% at least you tried, better than giving up.

Until it strikes you that the very thing that is making the effort, is the very thing stopping you from seeing things as they are.

I wanted to build spaceship and travel through space, The only reason I got into metaphysics is for my own selfish gain: Become super strong and immortal, Get the perfect wife, Become billionaire, etc.

Focus on ending rebirth first, then if you still want to be an Einstein, metaphysician, trillionaire, Super Saiyan 4, Goku/Hugh Hefner/Ron Jeremy after that then go for it.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

I wanted to build spaceship and travel through space, The only reason I got into metaphysics is for my own selfish gain: Become super strong and immortal, Get the perfect wife, Become billionaire, etc.

Because these things will make you happy?

Is happiness your underlying goal?

• Like 1

Then a good starting place is to ask yourself the question, why do/did you want to travel through space? See what you come up with.

Yea killing yourself won't solve anything cause like others have said you'll just end up in a similar situation (or if you have not earned enough good karma and merit an even crappier situation), kind of like groundhog day. Also like one monk was explaining your have a set amount of karma that determines this life time, so if you kill yourself before your time then you live out the rest of that time as a ghost and if you think things suck now, they really suck as a ghost. You can't enjoy good food, sex, no one you know can hear you, see you ect.

So the answer is to find out why you wanted what you wanted, and once you do you'll find your answer. Take this task seriously, sit down and meditate for a good long while until you get the answer.

Edited by dmattwads
  • Like 2

i don't really like the reincarnation defense of why someone shouldn't kill themselves. it isn't provable, and it wreaks of the christian heaven-hell reward-punishment system.

i think that if you are considering killing yourself you haven't fully experienced pointlessness, or else you would see suicide as pointless too. Everything is essentially pointless, grasp that and you wont feel the need to die.

if you want to die, i am not going to make a million posts telling you not to do it because "life is worth living". Life might not be worth living for some people.

Ever since I got into metaphysics and found out about things like Eternal love, Enlightment, and reincarnation...It's kind of depressed me. All of the material things on earth and all the goals I've had up till now seem so insignificant and unimportant.

I've been planning on joining the military after high school because I really don't want to go to college or another school. But even that seems ridiculous and insignificant, Why shouldn't I just kill myself right now? I'm just going to get reincarnated anyway. Why even bother becoming a genius or anything great for that matter if we're all supposedly omnipotent gods that transcend time and space.

I was told be deceased/subtle people that life isn't better. They prefer life in their first lifetime. They lost contact with their loved ones.

• Like 1

Life might not be worth living for some people.

As Albert Camus said many times, life is absurd but it is still worth living.

• Like 1

Just study a bit more about basic laws of cause and effect, then you will see how killing yourself isn't likely to make your situation better

Gee whiz, I only wanted to learn Taoism so I could whack off 45+ times a day and use the energy to manifest.

I started qigong so I could be an MMA bad ass haha, I never knew it would lead to all that its led to in my life either :P

**oh yea and if your a ghost you can't whack off :blush:

Edited by dmattwads

i don't really like the reincarnation defense of why someone shouldn't kill themselves. it isn't provable, and it wreaks of the christian heaven-hell reward-punishment system.

Not really. We don't know exactly where heaven-hell is. IMHO, it's all here right on earth now.

Killing oneself without proper cause is a sure ticket to be reincarnated in a less favorable situation. In short, you kill yourself. Your next life will be worse.

The reincarnation theory is inline with reward-punishment system.

• Like 1

I've been where you are and went the military route.

After you make some serious breakthroughs during meditation, it becomes difficult to go back to life without everything seeming mediocre and distasteful.

Either way. I am in a monastery now. We meditate 5 hours a day on schedule and the rest of the day, eat, meditate more and do gardening.

I chose this path, because I strongly believe that it takes a rare and powerful type of motivation to coax a man into diligently following the path. It is not a simple thing and requires many sacrifices. However, so rare is it that we are blessed with this drive for spiritual cultivation, that if we find ourselves to be lucky enough in our present life time to be not only aware of it, but also have the know how of how to cultivate from a practical stand point, then I believe one owes it to himself and in the name of his liberation from samsara, to put everything else aside in this life and cultivate till your last breath.

For who knows if you will be again bestowed with the same wits or interests or drive to undertake such a grand task. The task of your evolution. Maybe you'll be a frog for the next 10 lifetimes, who knows. You have to appreciate the transience of things and take advantage of what you realize and have now.

Also.. About suicide. I've heard that if you commit suicide, you become a hungry ghost and cannot reincarnate until someone else gives up their soul to replace yours by committing suicide in the very same vicinity. As you can imagine such statistics can take a veeery long time to come about. So pick your exit methods carefully. Karma allegedly doesn't take very well to suicides.

Either way. Don't be a sob about it, the choice is always in your hands. If you're unhappy with society, leave it. It's not rocket science.

There are enough monasteries in almost every country to support spiritual development akin to the Buddhist and Taoist paths.

Make a decision, but don't squander your life. I shit a brick just thinking about the bad karma you'd get if you did.

Probably be reborn as a collection of warts on a pigs ass for the next 100 lifetimes :P

Don't kill you. Meditate you. Empower you. Transcend you. Immortalise you.

Edited by effilang
  • Like 3

It sounds like when you got into this stuff you were pulled in by the bullshit New Age idea that we are all omnipotent omniscient beings creating our reality, tried to materialise a mansion, found you couldn't; and now you're stuck between normal life, a being god-like fantasy you know is nonsense magical thinking but can't quite dismiss, and actual cultivation that you sense leads to something meaningful but requires a commitment you're afraid of.

So, find meaning in improving yourself, because that's what real cultivation - not New Age/the Secret 'you are already a perfect omnipotent being of light beyond time and space' bullshit - is all about.

What you do in this life in the physical world is meaningful, if you make it in line with cultivation rather than just samsaric running on the hedonic treadmill. Help people. Teach by example. Use difficulties in mundane life as your greatest gurus. You could be anything from a waiter to a soldier, and do it with purpose and wisdom. A waiter can cultivate equanimity and compassion to his customers, a soldier could be a soldier with righteous motives and cultivate courage and understanding of impermanence.

• Like 1

Gee whiz, I never said I was considering suicide. I'm just questioning the point of existence, Life seems like a slap in the face to the living.

It sounds like when you got into this stuff you were pulled in by the bullshit New Age idea that we are all omnipotent omniscient beings creating our reality, tried to materialise a mansion, found you couldn't; and now you're stuck between normal life, a being god-like fantasy you know is nonsense magical thinking but can't quite dismiss, and actual cultivation that you sense leads to something meaningful but requires a commitment you're afraid of.

So, find meaning in improving yourself, because that's what real cultivation - not New Age/the Secret 'you are already a perfect omnipotent being of light beyond time and space' bullshit - is all about.

What you do in this life in the physical world is meaningful, if you make it in line with cultivation rather than just samsaric running on the hedonic treadmill. Help people. Teach by example. Use difficulties in mundane life as your greatest gurus. You could be anything from a waiter to a soldier, and do it with purpose and wisdom. A waiter can cultivate equanimity and compassion to his customers, a soldier could be a soldier with righteous motives and cultivate courage and understanding of impermanence.

I believe in LOA, If I wanted to get a mansion using it then I damn well could. By being omnipotent I meant being able to do things like psychokinesis, levitate ,etc.

I have many passions, So much that I don't feel passionate about much anymore.

And besides, taking one's own life is not consistent with Tao.

oooo, i am so scared at the thought that the Tao might not approve of me.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1