h.uriahr

Bak Fu Pai's Sunn Yee Gong-Q&A

I started this thread in HIGH hopes that it won't get derailed.

I'll even start it. :).

Is there a certain point in training that one can get the dantian to really come alive?

Would you recommend that one practices the seated 6 together to help the process?

This ain't a train so please don't try and derail it people.

• Like 2

ahh great , hopefully it will stay on track eh !

very interested in this system

The question.

Is it alright to do seated one from level 1, then taichi and finish with standing one?

Or to do them separately or better together one after another?

And what better to concentrate on? Breath down and up or just relax and feel the body...?

Im sure this was on the dvd :) Depends on what you want if u gonna be mixing other systems in I would rather do SYG and some strength training as in physical.

I'll watch again the DVD. May be I missed smth. I recall it was smth about feeling relaxation.

What is wrong with taichi? IMHO good for grounding and for qi development either. But it might be better to do FP for this reason as these 2 systems are fully compatible. And in FP there is taichi - like form. I mean I want to go further with SYG as main system and some levels of FP.

My idea was as I tried to explain that SYG is static in the beginning. But FP has some dynamic, but I feel I NEED smth else for the body and your idea of strength training seems appealing to me. :) that just may be my mind wants something else...

Yeah, may be I will just add some weight lifting to my FP and SYG practice

What I wanted to add to SYG and the reason is why... As I mentioned I have got video of Chan Mi Gong. The system is based on 5 exercises for the spine washing it up and down, loosing all joints, opening points and channels. Very similar to the Opening Energy Gates. FP is very very soft and does not give feeling of the good body workout. That is major reason why I wanted to terminate FP practice, as it takes at least 2 hours every day. Plus I need something else more dynamic. So I thought to do smth more like spine workout, taichi and SYG. Weight lifting could be bad for energy channels imho

I'll watch again the DVD. May be I missed smth. I recall it was smth about feeling relaxation.

Not sure if it answers the question, from my notes: "Relaxation is most important, and "listening". Breathing is through dantien, but no forcing (no visualizations...)." That's similar to FP I believe.

Edited by Leif
  • Like 1

Yeh some good body weight like my 108FIT that I train, I am not into weights unless its my style that uses the ball or sphere, claw bags, rolling bar, dummy, iron body type skills. I dont care what u train up to you, but I would focus more on one system and add some cardio & weight or 108FIT rather add more chi work cause I think SYG or FP with fitness would be suffice in its own right.

I just began SYG on June 16, 2013 and I look forward to hearing about other people's experiences with it. Sifu Garry, did GM Doo Wai ever give a date as to when his family was given SYG?

Steve

I too have started SYG :) Going to do level 1 for 2-3 hours a day

Edited by Eugene

2-3 hrs a day is very good and if your doing the meditations correctly u will gain much :)

The SYG is thousands of years old & according my Sifu, FDD was said to have passed through Mo Dong San, wudang mountain ranges so it could have a very long history. I do know that the SYG has a Wudang feel to it as I see many symbols of Wudang style. The SYG has a built in Fighting system of ging development, spiritual, healing & health thats why if you see my clip of SYG standing moving long set you will see at the end how to use for Ging & that it shares taiji like feel.

• Like 1

Garry, thanks, it is very good we can talk here and to get more info about this system and its aspects.

I did not know SYG has wudang roots. It's interesting to know.

Ok, with SYG the reason that 1 seated meditation a month means you learn to sit and still the mind, cultivate energy, open up meridians & fill certain areas up with Qi. So one has to start from the beginning, adding more seated when you havent understood nor cultivated correctly will do you no good when doing the one seated right will gain more than adding many. Its ok to add the standing 1 meditation to go with the seated as a balance and different paths are opened. How I teach is for your own benefits slow and easy wins the race!!!

• Like 2

I have read both current threads on SYG, and i keep reading the word "healing". Does SYG have a healing aspect that can be applied to others, or is it self-healing a la meditation?

Hi. Questions here: :)

1) Are there correlations between time and face directions

2) Can I eat 10 minutes after I have finished the med? I do early morning and very hungry after, my appetite seems to grow up :)