Undeniable impact on my health, this Wim Hof breathing, I tell you. I have lost weight with no shift in eating habits or exercise routine. My vitality has increased, well-being, confidence, positivity and energy are up.

The reason why I even take the time to post this is because I am a guy who already has a very strong wellness routine. It has been created over 10 years of reading books, blogs, forums, and years of self-experimentation. I would not go so far as to call it an obsession, but it's definitely a huge passion. In short I am a mind-body-spirit geek. So, when one tweak makes this much of an impact, when you are already doing a lot of things right, you cannot ignore that this "thing"is different in some measurable way. All of the years of silent meditation, exotic Chinese herbs, not ejaculating, obscure pranayamas, kriyas, yogic locks and visualization techniques all have their place, but that something so simple can work so well, haha, well all I can do is laugh....

• Like 2

This video has good information on the science behind the Wim Hof Method.  I can't vouch for its accuracy, but its very well done. 

Haven't looked closely at it yet, but Wim Hof has a free 3 part mini class/instruction videos out.  Might be a good resource for those who want to look into the system- http://explore.wimhofmethod.com/video-miniclass/

Video #1 Wim Hof teaches you how to do more push-ups with his breathing technique. The scientific breathing techniques will significantly improve your energy levels, detox the body and release toxins, relieve stress and tension, and strengthen your immune system.

Video #2 teaches you how a simple cold shower can help you to burn fat, boost your immune system and increase the “feel good” chemicals in the brain called endorphins (natures own mood boosters).
+ Free 20 day cold shower sheet

Video #3 is all about commitment. Why you should take action today

• Like 2

I really like his stuff but i dont want to force anything.I like to swim in a cold river thats not far from my house.Normally i take a hot shower afterwards or drink something hot but one time i just meditated afterwards and funnily i just started to breath like in tummo and after maybe 20 minutes i felt warm again, it was one of the greatest experiences in my life :) i just did zhang zhuang, acxepted the cold and meditated, i also experienced some movements and sounds that seemed to push the cold out of me.So i think you dont really need a method... just go into the cold and meditate deeply.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NATURE BEEING said:

I really like his stuff but i dont want to force anything.I like to swim in a cold river thats not far from my house.Normally i take a hot shower afterwards or drink something hot but one time i just meditated afterwards and funnily i just started to breath like in tummo and after maybe 20 minutes i felt warm again, it was one of the greatest experiences in my life :) i just did zhang zhuang, acxepted the cold and meditated, i also experienced some movements and sounds that seemed to push the cold out of me.So i think you dont really need a method... just go into the cold and meditate deeply.

Yes there is only ONE vid I found on youtube where this Dutch medical researcher says how the cold water immersion activates some key protein reaction that causes the strong internal heat.

So the breathing exercises prime the pump so to speak - if you just do cold water immersion without the breathing then it's not as effective or even dangerous - but if you don't do the cold water immersion and just do the deep breathing then the Wim Hof method also is not as effective. think of the Tibetan Tummo training relying cold water immersion via soaked icy cold thin cotton sheets. It takes a lot of energy to dry cotton. I wonder if maybe they are wool sheets? That would be much easier.

I once read that that people here in europe, in older times where nearly always wet and cold so i think what wim hof does is only special in our modern times :) (his under ice diving is another thing) and in the book walden by the author Thoreau its said that when the first europeans went into the jungle ( dont know the country or continent anymore) they had to make big fires at night while the people who lived there stood behind them 30 feet away sweating :) . For me it was just a great experience to get warm by breathing and not on relying on external helpers like hot drinks or a warm shower.

• Like 2

I agree.   The past was cold, for 1,000's of generations people knew how to generate there own heat.  This is simply reclaiming a lost ability that was once common.