SonOfTheGods

50 Jewish Messiahs & Who Invented Jesus?

The sun "saving" the earth from the planet Saturn, and dressing that up in numerous analogies....that sounds more like a fairy tale, in comparison to a spiritual teacher having been alive at one point in history. ;)

As for a "spiritual teacher" - You can keep him~

Nothing "spiritual" about this guy~

Matthew:

Those who bear bad fruit will be cut down and burned "with unquenchable fire." 3:10, 12

Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn't the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. 5:17

Jesus recommends that to avoid sin we cut off our hands and pluck out our eyes. This advice is given immediately after he says that anyone who looks with lust at any women commits adultery. 5:29-30

Jesus says that most people will go to hell. 7:13-14

Those who fail to bear "good fruit" will be "hewn down, and cast into the fire." 7:19

"The children of the kingdom [the Jews] shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." 8:12

Jesus tells a man who had just lost his father: "Let the dead bury the dead." 8:21

Jesus sends some devils into a herd of pigs, causing them to run off a cliff and drown in the waters below. 8:32

Cities that neither "receive" the disciples nor "hear" their words will be destroyed by God. It will be worse for them than for Sodom and Gomorrah. And you know what God supposedly did to those poor folks (see Gen 19:24). 10:14-15

Families will be torn apart because of Jesus (this is one of the few "prophecies" in the Bible that has actually come true). "Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." 10:21

Jesus says that we should fear God who is willing and "able to destroy both soul and body in hell." 10:28

Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has "come not to send peace, but a sword." 10:34-36

Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn't care for his preaching. 11:20-24

Jesus will send his angels to gather up "all that offend" and they "shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." 13:41-42, 50

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: "He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." (See Ex 21:15, Lev 20:9, Dt 21:18-21) So, does Jesus think that children who curse their parents should be killed? It sure sounds like it. 15:4-7

"Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up." 15:13

Jesus advises his followers to mutilate themselves by cutting off their hands and plucking out their eyes. He says it's better to be "maimed" than to suffer "everlasting fire." 18:8-9

In the parable of the unforgiving servant, the king threatens to enslave a man and his entire family to pay for a debt. This practice, which was common at the time, seems not to have bothered Jesus very much. The parable ends with this: "So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you." If you are cruel to others, God will be cruel to you. 18:23-35

"And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors." 18:34

God is like a rich man who owns a vineyard and rents it to poor farmers. When he sends servants to collect the rent, the tenants beat or kill them. So he sent his son to collect the rent, and they kill him too. Then the owner comes and kills the farmers and rents the vineyard to others. 21:33-41

"Whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder." Whoever falls on "this stone" (Jesus) will be broken, and whomever the stone falls on will be ground into powder. 21:44

In the parable of the marriage feast, the king sends his servants to gather everyone they can find, both bad and good, to come to the wedding feast. One guest didn't have on his wedding garment, so the king tied him up and "cast him into the outer darkness" where "there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." 22:1-14

The end of the world will be signaled by wars, famines, disease, and earthquakes (6-7). And that's just "the beginning of sorrows" (8). Next believers will be hated and killed by unbelievers (9), believers will hate and betray each other (10), false prophets will fool people (11), iniquity will abound and love wax cold (12). But hey, if you make through all that, you'll be saved (13).

Only one more thing will happen before the end comes: the gospel will be preached throughout the world (14). Well, that and the abomination of desolations will stand in the holy place (15), many false Christs and false prophets will show great signs and wonders (24), the sun and moon will be darkened and the stars will fall (29), the sign of the son of Man will appear in the sky, everyone on earth will mourn, and then, finally, the great and powerful son of Man will come in all his glory (30).

Oh, and all these things will happen within the lifespan of Jesus' contemporaries (34).

Or maybe not. Jesus was talking about things he knew nothing about (36). (See Mark 13:32.) 24:3-51

Jesus had no problem with the idea of drowning everyone on earth in the flood. It'll be just like that when he returns. 24:37

God will come when people least expect him and then he'll "cut them asunder." And "there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." 24:50-51

The parable of the cruel and unjust master

The kingdom of heaven is like a rich man who distributed his wealth to his servants while he traveled. He gave five talents (a talent was a unit of money, worth about 20 years of a worker's wages) to one servant, two to another, and one to a third. When he returned, the servant with five talents had made five more, the servant with two made two more, but the servant with one talent only had the talent his master entrusted to him. The master rewarded the servants that invested his money (without his permission -- what would have happened if the stock market went down during their master's travels?) and took the talent from the single-talent servant and gave it to the one with ten talents. "For unto every one that hath shall be given .. but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." Then the cruel and unjust master cast the servant who carefully protected his master's talent into the "outer darkness: [where] there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." 25:14-30

The servant who kept and returned his master's talent was cast into the "outer darkness" where there will be "weeping and gnashing of teeth." 25:30

Jesus judges the nations. 25:31-46

Jesus tells us what he has planned for those that he dislikes. They will be cast into an "everlasting fire." 25:41

Jesus says the damned will be tormented forever. 25:46

Mark

Jesus explains why he speaks in parables: to confuse people so they will go to hell. 4:11-12

Jesus sends devils into 2000 pigs, causing them to jump off a cliff and be drowned in the sea. When the people hear about it, they beg Jesus to leave. 5:12-13

Any city that doesn't "receive" the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. 6:11

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children as required by Old Testament law. (See Ex 21:15, Lev 20:9, Dt 21:18-21) 7:9-10

Jesus tells us to cut off our hands and feet, and pluck out our eyes to avoid going to hell. 9:43-49

God is like a rich man who owns a vineyard and rents it to poor farmers. When he sends servants to collect the rent, the tenants beat or kill them. So he sent his son to collect the rent, and they kill him too. Then the owner comes and kills the farmers and gives the vineyard to others. 12:1-9

Jesus tells his disciples to eat his body and drink his blood. 14:22-24

Jesus says that those that believe and are baptized will be saved, while those who don't will be damned. 16:16

Luke:

Zechariah asks the angel Gabriel how his wife Elizabeth could become pregnant, since she is "stricken with years." Gabriel makes him "dumb" just for asking. 1:20

Those who fail to bear "good fruit" will be "hewn down, and cast into the fire." 3:9

John the Baptist says that Christ will burn the damned "with fire unquenchable." 3:17

Jesus heals a naked man who was possessed by many devils by sending the devils into a herd of pigs, causing them to run off a cliff and drown in the sea. This messy, cruel, and expensive (for the owners of the pigs) treatment did not favorably impress the local residents, and Jesus was asked to leave. 8:27-37

Jesus says that entire cities will be violently destroyed and the inhabitants "thrust down to hell" for not "receiving" his disciples. 10:10-15

Jesus says that we should fear God since he has the power to kill us and then torture us forever in hell. 12:5

Jesus says that God is like a slave-owner who beats his slaves "with many stripes." 12:46-47

"Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." 13:3, 5

According to Jesus, only a few will be saved; the vast majority will suffer eternally in hell where "there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." 13:23-30

In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, the rich man goes to hell, because as Abraham explains, he had a good life on earth and so now he will be tormented. Whereas Lazarus, who was miserable on earth, is now in heaven. This seems fair to Jesus. 16:19-31

Jesus believed the story of Noah's ark. He thought it really happened and had no problem with the idea of God drowning everything and everybody. 17:26-27

Jesus also believes the story about Sodom's destruction. He says, "even thus shall it be in the day the son of man is revealed ... Remember Lot's wife." This tells us about Jesus' knowledge of science and history, and his sense of justice. 17:29-32

In the parable of the talents, Jesus says that God takes what is not rightly his, and reaps what he didn't sow. The parable ends with the words: "bring them [those who preferred not to be ruled by him] hither, and slay them before me." 19:22-27

Jesus tells his disciples to eat his body and drink his blood. 22:19-20

John:

Jesus believed the stupid and vicious story from Numbers 21. (God sent snakes to bite the people for complaining about the lack of food and water. Then God told Moses to make a brass snake to cure them from the bites.) 3:14

"God so loved the world, that he gave his His only begotten Son."

As an example to parents everywhere and to save the world (from himself), God had his own son tortured and killed. 3:16

People are damned or saved depending only on what they believe. 3:18, 36

The "wrath of God" is on all unbelievers. 3:36

Jesus believes people are crippled by God as a punishment for sin. He tells a crippled man, after healing him, to "sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee." 5:14

Those who do not believe in Jesus will be cast into a fire to be burned. 15:6

Jesus says we must eat his flesh and drink his blood if we want to have eternal life. This idea was just too gross for "many of his disciples" and "walked no more with him." (They are called Protestants nowadays.) 6:53-66

Acts:

Peter claims that Dt 18:18-19 refers to Jesus, saying that those who refuse to follow him (all non-Christians) must be killed. 3:23

Peter and God scare Ananias and his wife to death for not forking over all of the money that they made when selling their land. 5:1-10

I didn't read all of that...but I agree that some of what is said in the Bible and even attributed to Jesus is very hard to swallow. :)

• Like 1

The Bible does not lie, the interpretations and purposeful mistranslations do. E.g., it starts out as a truthful astrological polytheistic text -- the elohim created this and that -- "elohim" is not "god," it's "the gods," plural. It proceeds to say, not "He created the male and the female" but, "male and female they created him," i.e. Adam was created hermaphroditic by the gods. And so it goes. They mix Satan the Saturn and Lucifer the Venus into one, as though they are the same deal. Not even remotely!! And line by line by line they tell you fairy tales, but in such a way that if you know many other tales, if you are an insider to these, you'll get it. If you don't, no chance in heaven or on earth. As a cabalistic text put it, "She reveals and conceals Her light" -- simultaneously...

• Like 1

The Bible does not lie, the interpretations and purposeful mistranslations do. E.g., it starts out as a truthful astrological polytheistic text -- the elohim created this and that -- "elohim" is not "god," it's "the gods," plural. It proceeds to say, not "He created the male and the female" but, "male and female they created him," i.e. Adam was created hermaphroditic by the gods. And so it goes. They mix Satan the Saturn and Lucifer the Venus into one, as though they are the same deal. Not even remotely!! And line by line by line they tell you fairy tales, but in such a way that if you know many other tales, if you are an insider to these, you'll get it. If you don't, no chance in heaven or on earth. As a cabalistic text put it, "She reveals and conceals Her light" -- simultaneously...

*APPLAUSE!* :D

A pure manifestation arises through the energy of the elements in their subtle and luminous aspect, while our karmic vision is based on their gross and material aspect. To receive this type of manifestation, it is therefore necessary to have the capacity to percieve the subtle dimension of light.

----CNN

I would suggest that those wishing to know the truth of Jesus will find it (and him) in the "subtle dimension of light".

You see through phsyical eyes and hear through physical ears. This is no different than using Tai Chi. You either go through the physical motions or you use chi theory and energy.

You can try and pick apart Christ and the Holy Bible all day along but in the end, all you've done was wasted your time and energy.

God Bless You.

You see through phsyical eyes and hear through physical ears. This is no different than using Tai Chi. You either go through the physical motions or you use chi theory and energy.

You can try and pick apart Christ and the Holy Bible all day along but in the end, all you've done was wasted your time and energy.

God Bless You.

a.aaa-i-can-show-you-the-world.jpg

God Bless You.

a.aaa-i-can-show-you-the-world.jpg

You've been hurt by a Christian. That person wasn't acting in the Will of God and brother I'm sorry about that hurt.

I'm here to encourage and share this Beautiful thing in my life.

God Bless You

You've been hurt by a Christian. That person wasn't acting in the Will of God and brother I'm sorry about that hurt. I'm here to encourage and share this Beautiful thing in my life. God Bless You

I am not carrying left over pain by being hurt by a christian- nothing psychological.

I studied the bible in hebrew aramaic and greek several times over and also studied it's history.

I see billions of people being deceived.

Yahweh is a demon

If you are a bible believer, you have blood on your hands.

You appear to be driven totally by 'emotion and experience', but you are not scripturely sound.

Just by mixing your Taoist practices with your religion the bible condemns you to hell.

You need to study your scriptures if you profess christianity.

Hosea 4:6

If you want to debate me on this, you will need to back up what you say with scripture, not with ''feelings''.

After all, you are a bible believing christian.

Edited by SonOfTheGods

You've been hurt by a Christian. That person wasn't acting in the Will of God and brother I'm sorry about that hurt. I'm here to encourage and share this Beautiful thing in my life. God Bless You

I am not carrying left over pain by being hurt by a christian- nothing psychological.

I studied the bible in hebrew aramaic and greek several times over and also studied it's history.

I see billions of people being deceived.

Yahweh is a demon

If you are a bible believer, you have blood on your hands.

You appear to be driven totally by 'emotion and experience', but you are not scripturely sound.

Just by mixing your Taoist practices with your religion the bible condemns you to hell.

You need to study your scriptures if you profess christianity.

Hosea 4:6

If you want to debate me on this, you will need to back up what you say with scripture, not with ''feelings''.

After all, you are a bible believing christian.

http://thepathlesstraveled83.blogspot.com/

You are committing the sin of syncretism.

Syncretism is the attempted reconciliation or union of different or opposing principles, practices, or parties, as in philosophy or religion.

Paul tells us this: "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." (II Corinthians 6:14-16)

Jesus is rather exclusive. When you try to mix another religion or philosophy with Him, you are provoking God to jealousy, and thus sin.

Don't mix other faith practices into the Christian faith

http://www.sermoncentral.com/sermons/dont-mix-other-faith-practices-into-the-christian-faith-todd-riley-sermon-on-jesus-teachings-36367.asp?Page=4

Summary: We need to be on guard against the schemes of the Devil, who would have us mix other faith practices with the Christian faith.

Tags: Buddhism, World Religions, Hinduism, Halloween, Jesus Teachings,

What verse does this idea come from?

What verse does this idea come from?

read the posts above you.

read your whole bible, old testament included

go to any protestant or catholic church and ask them

people who are mixing taoist and hindu practices with their christianity are not christians

you are inventing your own new age version of jesus

do your own research

Matthew 7:21-23

But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.'

21"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Edited by SonOfTheGods

Right. So there isn't a single verse that says that, and it was something you made up and are claiming the Bible says.

Just so we're clear.

• Like 1

Right. So there isn't a single verse that says that, and it was something you made up and are claiming the Bible says.

Just so we're clear.

you aren't clear

you are not comprehending

here's a link to research

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/New%20Age/7_teachings.htm

now read everything I posted again

probably, you refuse to understand

Edited by SonOfTheGods

Matthew 7:21-23 is about obeying God's will (the Law)...it has nothing to do with the study and practice of Taoism being a sin.

Matthew 7:21-23 is about obeying God's will (the Law)...it has nothing to do with the study and practice of Taoism being a sin.

so you think Taoism is part of the old testament law?

I can tell you have zero bible knowledge ;)

out of fear, people who practice other religions throw in a bit of jesus for safe keeping

taoism is another religion.

Edited by SonOfTheGods

I'm not defending or arguing from the newage view of Jesus. And of course I'm not saying that Taoism is part of the old Jewish Law (just that it's not in conflict with it, or a form of lawlessness).

I simply asked you to back up your (false) claims...that is all. Don't tell me to go do more research or jump through hoops and do a little dance for you...that is disrespectful first of all, is not an actual discussion, and is not you giving any form of answer to a very straightforward question.

If you say something is Biblical, prove it by telling what verse it comes from. It's that easy. Don't just point fingers and say I'm clueless about the Bible. That's a logical fallacy.

If you can't perform this simple and reasonable task, then it should be obvious to anyone reading that you're just making things up, and spewing out false teachings (perhaps to just get a rise out of people and challenge them).

I have no interest in continuing here, if you're just going to keep playing the same old tricks. Simply: back it up with some verses.

Edited by turtle shell

I'm not defending or arguing from the newage view of Jesus. And of course I'm not saying that Taoism is part of the old Jewish Law (just that it's not in conflict with it, or a form of lawlessness).

I simply asked you to back up your (false) claims...that is all. Don't tell me to go do more research or jump through hoops and do a little dance for you...that is disrespectful first of all, is not an actual discussion, and is not you giving any form of answer to a very straightforward question.

If you say something is Biblical, prove it by telling what verse it comes from. It's that easy. Don't just point fingers and say I'm clueless about the Bible. That's a logical fallacy.

If you can't perform this simple and reasonable task, then it should be obvious to anyone reading that you're just making things up, and spewing out false teachings (perhaps to just get a rise out of people and challenge them).

I have no interest in continuing here, if you're just going to keep playing the same old tricks. Simply: back it up with some verses.

I provided links and scripture.

I am not in the business of saving souls.

You are getting defensive out of fear.

You are also unable to comprehend, due to the fact that you wish not to understand.

I just happen to know what the bible says better than people who say they follow the bible.

Deuteronomy 13:12-15, if you find that the people in the city you're visiting worship another god, you have to kill them all.

Taosim is a religion.

According tot the bible if you follow any other religion besides that of yahweh/jesus you are condemned to hell.

The whole bible makes this point clear.

Taoism is becoming god, internal

The bible says people are filth and must have the external god

Show me in the bible where it says it is lawful to follow another religion while also being a christian

who would want any part of a book with this stuff??

2 KINGS 6:29 says: "So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son."

The religious people will come in and say that its all Old Testement and null and void. Only New Testement is what should be followed. I guess then the 10 commandments can be thrown out the window.

I've seen you go on never ending debates with other posters here because of your inability to concede and admit defeat.

Edited by SonOfTheGods

You asked me for a verse saying it's lawful to follow another religion, and right away I can give you two...

"Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:19-26

"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." - James 1:27

By the way, please stop attacking me personally.

Edited by turtle shell

You asked me for a verse saying it's lawful to follow another religion, and right away I can give you two...

Those are NOT other religions.

Those are in keeping with the old testament instructions, which jesus came to enforce.

James 1:27

King James Version (KJV)

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Taoism is internal alchemy

The bible is all about the external need for a god.

And The following scripture you used, is all about jesus

Doing these on your own, like in taoism, is becoming godlike, which means jesus did not need to die for your sins, because you could become godlike on your own

Galatians 5:1-26

King James Version (KJV)

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Taoism, would be considered Sorcery, which is included in your own scriptural proof :)

and witchcraft too, according to your bible.. = hell

Some elements of Taoism may be traced to prehistoric folk religions in China that later coalesced into a Taoist tradition.[4][5] In particular, many Taoist practices drew from the Warring-States-era phenomena of the wu (connected to the "shamanism" of Southern China) and the fangshi (which probably derived from the "archivist-soothsayers of antiquity, one of whom supposedly was Laozi himself"), even though later Taoists insisted that this was not the case.[6] Both terms were used to designate individuals dedicated to "... magic, medicine, divination,... methods of longevity and to ecstatic wanderings" as well as exorcism; in the case of the wu, "shamans" or "sorcerers" is often used as a translation.[6] The fangshi were philosophically close to the School of Yin-Yang, and relied much on astrological and calendrical speculations in their divinatory activities.[7]

"Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:19-26

Edited by SonOfTheGods

You make a really good point about sorcery and types of witchcraft being against the Law. That is definitely scriptural.

As for the rest...I think Taoist internal alchemy is very similar to the ideas in the Bible of being or becoming living temples of God, as well as perfecting ourselves and making ourselves holy, or becoming children of God. All of these ideas are very prevalent, especially in the New Testament...they are Biblical and represent the religion.

Alchemy and philosophy have nothing to do with sorcery, and I think despite being from different religions, are actually in line with God's will. At the very least, I don't think they're in conflict.

If we can find verses that suggest they are, though, I think that'd be interesting.

You make a really good point about sorcery and types of witchcraft being against the Law. That is definitely scriptural.

As for the rest...I think Taoist internal alchemy is very similar to the ideas in the Bible of being or becoming living temples of God, as well as perfecting ourselves and making ourselves holy, or becoming children of God. All of these ideas are very prevalent, especially in the New Testament...they are Biblical and represent the religion.

Alchemy and philosophy have nothing to do with sorcery, and I think despite being from different religions, are actually in line with God's will. At the very least, I don't think they're in conflict.

If we can find verses that suggest they are, though, I think that'd be interesting.

The bible is plagiarised from other religious doctrines, such as sumerian literature. So of course it contains streams of similar thoughts of other religions

But the demuurge yahweh is a jealous demon, and does not want to share his worshippers.

I am not here to preach, as I am strongly anti-religion.

Just letting others know there is a price to pay.

Alchemy, withcraft sorcery astrology interpretting omens and herbology is all forbidden by the bible.

Why not just find a tolerant religion rather than one that condemns what you enjoy doing?

Edited by SonOfTheGods