Jeff

Transmission in Christian Mysticism

Transmission is a component of many traditions, but it a major component of the inner (or mystical) aspects of the gnostic Christian tradition. Transmissions can be "sent" by divine beings and also masters or adepts of the tradition.

There are two main types of transmission. The lower form is at the level of the "mind" and is often called a mind transmission. The higher form is at the level of the heart (or inner heart) and is often called a "light" transmission.

A mind level transmission is commonly associated with the 3rd eye (mind) and is at the astral level. Energy is sent in a directed way to another being, and this energy is translated by the mind into some sort of vision (or healing). The experience (and power) of the transmission is highly dependent on both the clarity of the sender and receiver beings. Depending on the "frequency range" of the transmission, issues and fears in the subconscious mind may be hit. The resulting mind translation can create a very wild perception/experience. This is also why astral travel/mediumship is not recommended in many traditions, as it is possible for the mind to be "fooled" or for negative beings to hide behind deep subconscious issues and fears. Finally, this type of transmission is still at the level of duality, as the mind still believes there are two beings (sender and receiver) and hence is subject to things like the perception of "shielding".

A light level transmission is very rare and at the level of the "inner heart" or soul. To send such a transmission, one must have realized oneness, or in Christian terms be at least a highly developed "saint" (or master of the tradition). To even notice/receive such a transmission one must have an open heart (open 4th chakra). A light transmission is beyond the local mind and is a communication directly at the soul level. Depending on one's integration at the soul level, the information is then sort of "decompressed" into components that can be understood by the mind. Those with a developed third eye and the capacity to receive a light transmission will often "see" the transmitting soul which can look like a multicolored burning bush at the level of conscious mind.

In a light transmission, the sender has realized oneness and sort of "overlays" their aspect of consciousness on the person, then the natural "light" that they are flows through. In a light transmission, everything that is the sending "being" is included/given to the person. In the process, it is more about the persons ability to "receive". To the receiving person it can feel like "being in a bubble" or like their body pressure has dramatically increased/gotten heavy. Additionally, a divine being/master can share/extend mind clarity (peace that passes human understanding) and the Holy Spirit (Kundalini) in the process.

Transmissions are normally at the "grace" of the divine beings. Mental clarity and an open heart are the key in contacting divine beings. Once one realizes oneness, you can directly overlay/merge with divine beings up to your relative clarity.

• Like 7

Jeff , what do you think about a total transmission which engages on all levels. So that subconscious issues and very wild ride is lived.. as well as the deeper transmission.

Your breakdown of what can go on, I find very helpful and admirable for clarity.

I am wondering what about the layers of experience happening simultaneously.. because, in fact there is no duality! Even if a significant, or at least very vocal, part of conscious awareness does not yet recognise this.

Like an across- the- system upgrade.. with discrete parts upgrading at their own level of readiness.

The least aware level being the least aware of the rest of the system, as it has its wild ride..

Hi Cat,

That is very much the case. In a transmission, one is sort of broadcasting on all their available frequencies, so the "receiving" person is getting hit at both conscious and subconscious levels. What I was describing was more the initial experience of the event. But if a person/being is "obscured" about something themselves, they cannot pass on anything in that range to others. In a transmission, it kind of like the person/ego is the block or filter of the light that is being transmitted.

Anyone who is at the light transmission level will always talk about what "flows thru", rather than what they "sent".

• Like 1

Yes, so it is about degrees of transparency, then.

And a transmission can work through an obscuration.. ie can encounter a blockage and keep beaming untill the blockage is dissolved..

Beings of Light!

Sounds nice ... but I'm thinking quite painful.

And a valid concern. It all depends on how much you can surrender. Underneath it all, pain is just some sensations. That we deem uncomfortable.

Can you commit to losing your obstructions, friend? Let them wash over you? Say 'sayonara?' And allow increased flow? :)

Yes it must be so :)

I am picturing you doing a prostration with that comment. :)

Thank you that is actually helpful (really).

• Like 1

Yes, so it is about degrees of transparency, then.

And a transmission can work through an obscuration.. ie can encounter a blockage and keep beaming untill the blockage is dissolved..

Beings of Light!

Yes, that is actually what a transmission does. Light/energy "hits" an obstruction (fear or issue), which causes it to be noticed by the person. If they face it, accept it and let it go, the energy structure is dissolved in the energy body. There is then no automated response (ego) on that issue.

If the transmission also provides peace/clarity, it becomes easier because the dealing with the issue happens in a heightened state of mental clarity.

• Like 3

On the peace note, if one can yield to deepening levels of peace and stillness, it feels like "the other"/"the oneness" is ever present. Like the air after a strong rain. Alive, fresh, crisp. (Is that the clarity?) A unified field. Increased levels of coherence.

After a natural disaster a few years ago, a fellow meditator told me how she accessed immediate and potent peace. Actually, it was the only way she could constructively deal with the distressing situation at hand. And it was one of the first times I truly understood the healing power of peace. Not only for her, but for the locale as well.

Thanks for starting this thread, Jeff. :)

Hi r v,

Yes, the sharing of presence definitely can feel... "Alive, fresh, crisp"....And much, much more...

An important aspect of this subject - everything comes with a price, From Luke:

"And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more."

• Like 2

I didn't think post 13 would get much response since its not neato sounding, it's just the hard facts related to, "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required"

Another spin-off: "be careful what you ask for, you might get it"

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

I didn't think post 13 would get much response since its not neato sounding, it's just the hard facts related to, "For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required"

Another spin-off: "be careful what you ask for, you might get it"

Hi 3bob,

In my case, it was more that it is just a busy Saturday...:)

Also, I would agree with your broader point. Taking responsibility (or being a co-creator) is definitely a component of Christian mysticism. It may sound cool to have the power to fight a demon, but then you will be expected to fight a demon.

• Like 2

Ok Jeff, and I don't mean to side-track or put a damper on your post or in this sub-forum, thus the principle I was getting at could be said to apply universally when it comes to responsibility. :)

• Like 1

Brother Jeff,

Your post on gnostic "transmission" is truly fascinating to me for a few reasons.

First, I never heard of it before.

Second, this is the sort of thing I've been doing and advocating for many years. My word for "transmission" through any of the various chakras is "casting". Of particular interest is, "transmitting" to one another, and in tandem as a "group mind", using such spiritual intentions as you describe above. The transmission of clarity....amazing, I never thought to hear anyone else say such a thing, let alone that it is an existing, recognized practice.

I will certainly be studying whatever links/resources you may quote on this subject with avid interest! It would be most agreeable to discuss the details of these practices...

• Like 1

Brother Jeff,

Your post on gnostic "transmission" is truly fascinating to me for a few reasons.

First, I never heard of it before.

Second, this is the sort of thing I've been doing and advocating for many years. My word for "transmission" through any of the various chakras is "casting". Of particular interest is, "transmitting" to one another, and in tandem as a "group mind", using such spiritual intentions as you describe above. The transmission of clarity....amazing, I never thought to hear anyone else say such a thing, let alone that it is an existing, recognized practice.

I will certainly be studying whatever links/resources you may quote on this subject with avid interest! It would be most agreeable to discuss the details of these practices...

Hi intentwielder,

What you are describing as "casting" at a chakra level is what I would call a mind level transmission. In later stages of development, the chakra system collapses into sort of a "unified field". As the field grows, it is often called a light body. The later stages of the light body allow for light transmisissions or directly sharing presence in oneness.

In your casting, do you sort of directly "go to" the person recieving the casting? Or, do you (and group) sort of give the intent up into God/consciousness and then let it unfold?

Thanks for the discussion,

Jeff

• Like 2

Jeff;

What you are describing as "casting" at a chakra level is what I would call a mind level transmission. In later stages of development, the chakra system collapses into sort of a "unified field". As the field grows, it is often called a light body. The later stages of the light body allow for light transmisissions or directly sharing presence in oneness.

IW;

This “unified field” of chakras you speak of sounds intuitively correct. I assume this implies that the energy centers amalgamate into a common field, as opposed to being just localized spheres. This makes sense especially in the context of the practitioner gaining greater levels of proficiency. As their practice gains sophistication and they synthesize/amalgamate their life experiences, one might expect that their energy body would reflect this process. The light body...yes, sounds like a useful term.

Jeff;

In your casting, do you sort of directly "go to" the person recieving the casting? Or, do you (and group) sort of give the intent up into God/consciousness and then let it unfold?

IW;

Generally speaking, I and others have been “going to” or in other words, psychically aligning with any such person or area, and then rendering the desired effects via intention. On more rare occasions I have also aligned with, “God/the intent at large” and intended that Its' intent be manifest. A subtle awareness of the feelings which run throughout the body, are dependable indicators of both the initial contact and the degree of success in the casting/transmission. Repeated castings render cumulative effect.

When you speak of “clarity” can you describe this quality of consciousness in greater detail?

I've described it as a, “greater cohesiveness of awareness to the point of more clear perception”. It can be increased by cumulative degrees, both within the self and in any desired “target”. The method I/we use to increase clarity is meditation/contemplation upon, “awareness of awareness”. (A/A=C, whereas, “A” is awareness and “C” is clarity)

• Like 1

When you speak of “clarity” can you describe this quality of consciousness in greater detail?

I've described it as a, “greater cohesiveness of awareness to the point of more clear perception”. It can be increased by cumulative degrees, both within the self and in any desired “target”. The method I/we use to increase clarity is meditation/contemplation upon, “awareness of awareness”. (A/A=C, whereas, “A” is awareness and “C” is clarity)

Hi IW,

I think we are saying pretty much the same thing. Obstructions in individual beings in consciousness/universal mind are things like issue and fears. Basically, stored memories with attached automated ego responses. Issues/fears are sort of like stored energy structures in the energy body (mind). In a mind transmission (or healing), one transmits on their current "frequency range". The less the mental obstructions, the greater the clarity, the broader the frequency range for sending (healing).

In a light transmission, the sending party "knows" there is really no separate person and just directly shares presence. Also, knows they are one with consciousness and hence "skips" the concept of local mind or being, and just lets the "light" directly flow through. It happens in the "inner heart" or soul to soul.

Best,

Jeff

• Like 2

Jeff, when a person at this "light level" of transmission capacity is considering sharing presence with another, will s/he have an idea (before hand) how much the receiving person will be able to 'accept,' or incorporate into their 'individual' soul?

Also, how do you view preliminary cultivation work as helpful, before receiving such a potent sharing of light/soul presence?

Hi r v,

In recieving a light transmission, the most important thing is having an "open heart". It is really a surrender and letting the light flow in and sort of do its thing. Jesus talks about it often as being like a child. A good example is like when a young child goes on a trip with a parent, they have no idea where they are going or what will happen, but they hold their parent's hand with full trust that it will all work out.

Any cultivation work which helps break down the ego structure is very helpful, as it increases clarity and natural openness. Sometimes energy work can be problematic as it can lead to sort of a "spiritual ego". In particular, many astral people and healers start strengthing aspects of ego with "what they do" or "how I cure/help people". But all meditation activities are generally positive.

Regarding knowing in advance the light impact... A master knows whether there is the capacity to receive or not, this is often why you hear stories about masters/gurus sending students away many times to work on basics. But, the depth of shift is truly dependent on the openness of the receiver. In a true light transmission, all that is the master/divine being is included. If one is completely open, in that one transmission it is possible to go all the way to the same level as the divine being. But, such a thing would require "infinite surrender".

Surrender is easy to talk about, but when it feels like your body is rearranging and you are being zapped with a million volts, it is very easy to flinch... :)

• Like 7

(Jeff hope you don't mind but I'd add that it's really the power behind the Being that is doing everything since a true master has already surrendered to same, although the master does take the raw edge off of the million volts /amps and more or less humanizes it flow as needed - so to speak)

Edited by 3bob

(Jeff hope you don't mind but I'd add that it's really the power behind the Being that is doing everything since a true master has already surrendered to same, although the master does take the raw edge off of the million volts /amps and more or less humanizes it flow as needed - so to speak)

Hi 3bob,

Yes, as I mentioned in my post above to IW, in a true light transmission the "being" knows that the light is really just flowing through. The transmitting being is really more like a filter that can "point" the light. The greater the clarity of the being/filter, the richer (or more powerful) the transmission.

From your words though, we may have one point of disagreement. In surrender, a Christian master (or Christ) becomes a "child of God". The master does not "cease", but continues as sort of a unique subset of God (in God), with My will = Thy will.

• Like 4

well I agree with that although I think the "continues" part is limited to the turning of a cosmic cycle of creation or a very, very long time! (after which created duality is reabsorbed from which it came)

• Like 1

Jeff said;

"In surrender, a Christian master (or Christ) becomes a "child of God". The master does not "cease", but continues as sort of a unique subset of God (in God), with My will = Thy will."

IW;

"You too can do as I" is a quote attributed to Christ, a statement which I've given a great of contemplation. I like the term "a Christian Master" as a synonym for Christ, as it implies exactly that...that anyone CAN become as a Christ. Such a thing can be described in terms of the expansion of consciousness, especially as the advanced practitioner transcends a certain minimum threshold of self realization and spiritual attainment. All this is definitely resonant with the gnostic perspective, in which perception of God and truth needs no intermediaries, such as a church hierarchy or doctrine, to be true and accurate.

A Master certainly does not cease being their own center of consciousness as you pointed out. They are merely a greater subset of the consciousness of that which is called "God" than is, say, the average person who does not focus upon such things in their life.

In fact, the precise reason why God, truth and nature are all directly perceivable by any person who endeavors to See them, is because the consciousness of the self is also the same "substance" which composes God and nature. It is a principle that those who know themselves also knows significant things about God, and vice versa.

• Like 2

Jeff, Do you have "the intent of Mastery"? Or even high Mastery?

In your context, what I'm really asking is, "Do you intend to gain such a level of consciousness as that of a Christ or similar figure?" Or have you crossed into such level(s) on various occasions already?

If so to any of the above, then I would fuirther ask, "What specific focuses or practices do you engage, or which are recommended from your teachings' tradition, to gain a Masters' level?

• Like 1