Trunk

Semen Retention Dangers

Hi

I am new to this forum, and found it because of this very topic. I have been practicing semen retention for about a year and a half now along with other Qigong practices. One of my main motivations for getting into Qigong was to sooth my emotions which can tend to swing. Well I started to consider that semen retention was doing me more harm than good because the longer I retained it, the more of a sex obessed maniac I became to the point of it being exteremly distracting. When I got to the point that I couldn't take it anymore I would release semen and feel a LOT better for about a week or two. Then the same sex obessed feelings would come back until I released again. In the mean time I was doing other more traditional Qigong practices in order to stabilize my emotions, but the longer I "retained" the less help my Qigong exercises helped. When I did not practice retention Qigong exercises helped me so much that I was able to get off perscription anti-depressants (one reason I took up Qigong in the first place), but I think I may have gone from one problem to another with semen retention. The reason I started it though was because I read about how good it was for your health and longevity and aging ect... So while I don't want to loose a lot of my vital energy and stuff like that, I don't want to walk around as a sex maniac either. Is there a happy middle ground?

Hi

I am new to this forum, and found it because of this very topic. I have been practicing semen retention for about a year and a half now along with other Qigong practices. One of my main motivations for getting into Qigong was to sooth my emotions which can tend to swing. Well I started to consider that semen retention was doing me more harm than good because the longer I retained it, the more of a sex obessed maniac I became to the point of it being exteremly distracting. When I got to the point that I couldn't take it anymore I would release semen and feel a LOT better for about a week or two. Then the same sex obessed feelings would come back until I released again. In the mean time I was doing other more traditional Qigong practices in order to stabilize my emotions, but the longer I "retained" the less help my Qigong exercises helped. When I did not practice retention Qigong exercises helped me so much that I was able to get off perscription anti-depressants (one reason I took up Qigong in the first place), but I think I may have gone from one problem to another with semen retention. The reason I started it though was because I read about how good it was for your health and longevity and aging ect... So while I don't want to loose a lot of my vital energy and stuff like that, I don't want to walk around as a sex maniac either. Is there a happy middle ground?

use the search function and find those threads that mention Karezza. In those threads there are plenty of good discussions that adress a lot of this.

use the search function and find those threads that mention Karezza. In those threads there are plenty of good discussions that adress a lot of this.

Agreed.

To go along with that, not everyone really agrees on this, but orgasm can have detrimental affects as well. I say detrimental because it's not really "bad", but if you get locked in a situation due to semen retention like you describe, it can become detrimental. In short, you don't want to get caught up in cycle like that.

From a more Taoist perspective, Trunk's site goes into more depth and detail about the dangers of semen retention and what to do.

Quick question. Are you "retaining" or are you simply practicing chastity (i.e. no masturbation, no touching, no sexual touching of self, etc.) I was under the impression that semen "retention" was something more specific and different.

Agreed.

To go along with that, not everyone really agrees on this, but orgasm can have detrimental affects as well. I say detrimental because it's not really "bad", but if you get locked in a situation due to semen retention like you describe, it can become detrimental. In short, you don't want to get caught up in cycle like that.

From a more Taoist perspective, Trunk's site goes into more depth and detail about the dangers of semen retention and what to do.

Quick question. Are you "retaining" or are you simply practicing chastity (i.e. no masturbation, no touching, no sexual touching of self, etc.) I was under the impression that semen "retention" was something more specific and different.

No, I'm actually practicing semen retention, where when you reach the point of climax, you stop ejaculation, and move the energy. The idea is to not loose your energy, but I become so energetic after a while I feel like exploding.

Hi

How many masters post on the internet compared to students posting....and you can see why following the internet is like following the blind

With either retention or ejaculation, if you aren't dealing with the underlying emotional blockages you are likely to cause problems, hence the necessity of semen retention as a part of a whole practice, and really should only be done when energy/emotional blockages have cleared enough to allow some energy flow out of the pelvic area.

IMO this is componded when the practitioner has a sub-conscious desire to ejaculate, but has decided that he won't/shouldn't on the conscious level, thus causing a tension which is likely to cause harm.

The idea is to not loose your energy, but I become so energetic after a while I feel like exploding.

Intellectually you read that this was good. And for a while it feels good. Good sign. But then you have too much energy and want to explode. You try to fight these feelings and it gets worst. So you go with how you feel, excellent.

My advice.

You did what was natural, cycles, not spend spend spend, or save until it's stale, overripe, spoiled.

Don't worry so much about what you read. Tune in more to your feelings. Trunks site has a lot of good info about retention. http://www.alchemicaltaoism.com/

Alternatively if you want longer retention, you should learn to do something with that excess energy. Change it so it won't spoil, or explode. Your chi gungs, may be doing that and you just need more time to progress, or you may need newer exercises / methods. You could be going backwards and need something totally different.

That's why you will get a lot of advice :)

i do have a bad experience to share if anyones interested

basically i use finger pressure on the base of the 'head' to prevent the sperm from shooting out, it also makes the feeling more intense

BUT sometimes after doing this, i can feel a cold and dense blockage at the huiyin area, behind the ball sack. The Worst part is this blockage actually feels energy sapping.

Everytime i get blocked at the huiyin area, my whole body will be lifeless/drained of energy like 10x worse then a normal ejaculation....and i will continue feeling "not right" until i exercise by running/fast walking to get the blockage cleared

so anyway...just sharing my experience

http://www.thetaobums.com/Authentic-Tantri...hers-t9421.html

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=11493

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=11485

THese threads give you a lot of important info.

You probably are having a type of orgasm that is too yang and so are overcoocking yourself with the wrong type of energy not too much energy.

You probably lack the ability to properly integrate the energy. The more advanced you are the better this seems to go but exactly how it is done is not quite established by anyone. You need to blend the hot fiery yang energy you are storing with energy from the heart. Biels fir and water technique on alchemicaltaoism goes a long way to help with this. Doing the inner smile deeply also helps. Testicle breathing blends in unaroused sexual energy in a way my teacher thinks is important to balancing you when you practice retention. THe secret smile can help you a lot with removing blockages that create extra problems for you because of retention, it will balance your emotions which is especialy important because sexual energy makes your emotions more extreem wether they are positive or negative. It will also probably help balance the sexual energy with heart energy because your are flushing love and happiness energy through every inch of the body. Stilness meditation and deep abdominal breathing is IMO key to integrating the energy well and most certainly for achieving multiple o`s in the right way. Your orgasms should idealy almost go up by themselves as in Karezza and there should be almost no forcing. Try the aneros as it will help you achieve a more corect type of orgasm as you can only have them when relaxed enough and it does not rely on technique. These things are dealt with in greather length in the threads I link to. Read them first.

http://www.thetaobums.com/Authentic-Tantri...hers-t9421.html

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=11493

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=11485

THese threads give you a lot of important info.

You probably are having a type of orgasm that is too yang and so are overcoocking yourself with the wrong type of energy not too much energy.

You probably lack the ability to properly integrate the energy. The more advanced you are the better this seems to go but exactly how it is done is not quite established by anyone. You need to blend the hot fiery yang energy you are storing with energy from the heart. Biels fir and water technique on alchemicaltaoism goes a long way to help with this. Doing the inner smile deeply also helps. Testicle breathing blends in unaroused sexual energy in a way my teacher thinks is important to balancing you when you practice retention. THe secret smile can help you a lot with removing blockages that create extra problems for you because of retention, it will balance your emotions which is especialy important because sexual energy makes your emotions more extreem wether they are positive or negative. It will also probably help balance the sexual energy with heart energy because your are flushing love and happiness energy through every inch of the body. Stilness meditation and deep abdominal breathing is IMO key to integrating the energy well and most certainly for achieving multiple o`s in the right way. Your orgasms should idealy almost go up by themselves as in Karezza and there should be almost no forcing. Try the aneros as it will help you achieve a more corect type of orgasm as you can only have them when relaxed enough and it does not rely on technique. These things are dealt with in greather length in the threads I link to. Read them first.

thanks for the tips !

I actually damaged the muscle I squeeze in order to force out the last few squirts n' drops of urine when I tried using it to prevent ejaculation at moment of orgasm. Now I have to milk the poor guy like a friggin' utter just to finish. :(

I know I wrote this at least 10 times on this forum, but I will repeat it again:

In order for you to have a success with retention, you need to cultivate your mind along with it. If you don't, all you do is just giving more power to your old physical and mental hangups that will just get amplified by retention.

Karezza is a great thing, btw, if you find the right girl.

Because of the largely spread mis-use of the sexual techniques leading to problems, Mantak has been popularizing the KARSAI NEI TSANG massage system. There are also courses, certifications and etcetera... Karsai Nei Tsang is used for pelvic and genital area massage, for both male and female practicioners and non-practicioners. I suspect it's a thai kind massage that has been incorporated in the HT system... In the book there are pictures with a thai masseuze, and pictures and drawings showing the massage technique.

Prostate, bladder, uterus, ovary problems... impotence, premature ejaculations, blockage and tensions problems... ya'all need to check it out sometime... :)

Retention is also difficult without making certain psychological adjustments. Many men are raised in cultures that encourage sexual objectification for various reasons. Unfortunately, this can make the ministerial fire harder to work with, as every time one sees another person, the focus is on the body, not on the person. One shouldn't swing into "mortification of the flesh" territory, but one should cultivate the ability to communicate heart to heart, rather than cock to mouth. :) This is a lot easier said than done.

I browsed back through the thread and noticed this. Does anyone have a technique for this? No matter how much meditation I do or total celibacy, I can't seem to refrain from looking at the naughty bits of hot woman I see out on the street. I know to a certain extent this is natural but how does one break a habit of this magnitude? Should I even want to do this? Perhaps out of respect for my girlfriend I do? :ph34r:

I know I wrote this at least 10 times on this forum, but I will repeat it again:

In order for you to have a success with retention, you need to cultivate your mind along with it. If you don't, all you do is just giving more power to your old physical and mental hangups that will just get amplified by retention.

Sometimes you don't have to and Bill Bodri was clear about it. If the body has to pay less attention to the reproductive organs then it can go on to heal other things in the body.

I browsed back through the thread and noticed this. Does anyone have a technique for this? No matter how much meditation I do or total celibacy, I can't seem to refrain from looking at the naughty bits of hot woman I see out on the street. I know to a certain extent this is natural but how does one break a habit of this magnitude? Should I even want to do this? Perhaps out of respect for my girlfriend I do? :ph34r:

Did it ever occurred to you that you are harming yourself by trying to be "perfect"? Or that your thoughts are actually harming you?

Did it ever occurred to you that you are harming yourself by trying to be "perfect"? Or that your thoughts are actually harming you?

Well yes, this is how I felt before but then thought about trying it from the opposite perspective. My previous position was "what she doesn't know won't hurt her" and I extended this to having sex with other woman. So now I'm not doing that anymore but I want to rail so many woman I see on a daily basis. I am not wasting too much time or energy on these thoughts so maybe its no big deal. Just wondered if anyone else struggled with this...

You're totally, completely and absolutely right.

Here's a cautionary tale that may or may not be related to jing depletion.

Elvis had tons of groupies and sex. He also had a horrific diet & a lifestyle of vice & excess. As a result, his health was apparently far worse than most fans even knew...

Whenever he fancied a new girl - he had to have a woman in his bed every night - he seduced her with her own car, a diamond ring and a trip to Vegas.

It is a bit disillusioning to learn that one of the world's all-time idols, lionised for his raw sexual energy and mesmerising blues voice, had such a bad stomach that he could scarcely get through an evening on stage without having to rush to the bathroom.

Or that his eyesight was so bad from glaucoma - pressure on the eyeball, normally a disease of old age - that he was almost blind. Or that his hair was so prematurely grey that he had to dye it that famous jet-black. Or that his muscles were so sore from all that gyrating that by his 40s, he could hardly move without painkillers.

But several of these symptoms - like bad eyes & grey hair - could easily be related to weak kidneys, in particular. The guy burned out at age 42, about half the normal lifespan.

Meanwhile, some famous celibates include:

Nikola Tesla

Sir Isaac Newton

Leonardo da Vinci

George Frederic Handel

Edited by vortex

Wrote a little essay on semen retention dangers. No news in there for anyone who 's been around for a while, but will be a useful reference for newbies, future conversations. If anyone wants to say more on this topic for posterity (and there's probably plenty more to say), this thread 'd be a good place.

You write of these danger's if you get aroused in the first place?.

So don't get aroused,no erection's,no thinking of sex,not even looking at woman.

It's not that difficult when you put your mind to it.

sabretooth.

Here's a cautionary tale that may or may not be related to jing depletion.

Elvis had tons of groupies and sex. He also had a horrific diet & a lifestyle of vice & excess. As a result, his health was apparently far worse than most fans even knew...But several of these symptoms - like bad eyes & grey hair - could easily be related to weak kidneys, in particular. The guy burned out at age 42, about half the normal lifespan.

Meanwhile, some famous celibates include:

Nikola Tesla

Sir Isaac Newton

Leonardo da Vinci

George Frederic Handel

I am not even going to bother starting it but imagine how long the list of famous achievers that swam in yoni. Endless.