Sign in to follow this  
outis emoi y'ovoma

how to bring up this topic among friends?

my case is that i am pretty much bored with everything the world has to offer, or at least i'm not interested in investing too heavily. the time when i really feel alive and excited to be that way is when i get to talk to people about their true self, when the search for the self is foremost in the mind.

but the thing i can't figure out is, how i can bring this into my life. it's never going to just "come up" in conversation, and its focus is so far away from what we usually spend all our time talking about that it's very left-field when i do bring it up, and the subject rarely gets picked up by the group. it's as though some silent alarm goes off in the mind and all the minds rush towards other topics.

do you have any experience with this? have you found friends in real life who are pursuing this path as well? how do you bring this into your life? i feel sometimes that no one is so committed to this as i am and i sometimes wonder if that doesn't mean i just have to be alone most of the time.

Hi! :)

Yes, sir, you'll be alone most of the time!

People in general don't want to hear this because they are pursuing worldly things:

Sex, drugs, money, bigger & bigger position, better car, better home or apartment, etc.

When a crisis or death knocks at the door, my friend, these people who've chosen not to examine these things discussed on TTB will be in a psychological crisis of IMMENSE proportions........And I feel very sad about them...It breaks my heart actually.....They choose not to search after these things.

Look, in my view: be mindful, be honest & truthful, be harmless, have integrity in your own person.

If you do the moral thing even when no one is looking, you will have no problems with your conscience.

If you meet other people who share a similar heart as yours, love them and respect them.

You can ALWAYS PM me....I'll be here for you and I will respond promptly.

If you want to communicate by email, we can do that too!

If you want to write, we can do that too!

Please don't be sad....I love you (Please don't take it in a sexual way, it's not meant to be)

Be Blessed!

Stefos

P.S. Your TBB name is Greek "Not for a name/Nameless".......Ellinas eimai kai eyo

Edited by stefos

Sign in to follow this