Sign in to follow this  
BaguaKicksAss

Has anyone else not been receiving the TTBs notification emails?

We've run into a few problems lately with this.. anyone else? Please post here, or PM me if you like, but easier to keep track of if you post here.

I am not getting the email for my suspension notice like I suppose to.

Others have reported this in the past. It is possibly software related. Maybe a future update has a fix.

Bad Haiku, this is

The Rubber Duck. Got your ears

on, Good Buddy? <garbled-syllable>

:D

• Like 1

Just reviewed my notification settings. I have the same selection for "likes" and "quotes."

Here's the deal. I DO receive notifications for likes of my posts. But I do NOT receive notifications when other members quote my posts.

Please look in to this? Thanks.

p.s. Formatting of posts sometimes falls into the gutter on a smartphone. Oh well.

Are you 'following' the thread where you are not getting notification for quotes?

I think there is a hierarchy of sorts... if your following then you get that notification and won't get the quote notification.

You can test that by turning off the 'follow'.

I see your username has notification for quotes turned on.

I think dawei is saying that you won't get quote notifications if you are also following the thread (as this would be a double-notification) and he was wondering if you are following threads. If you are not, that's not the explanation.

Personally, I have encountered some weird notification-rated things in the past and have found that just messing with it (turn stuff off and on and back off again -- that sort of thing) often clears it up.

If I am understanding you correctly, rainbowvein, you are saying that you only use the Notification List option and only use it for quotes and likes, but now it has stopped notifying you of quotes? Everything else seems happy?

Would you like for mme to try to help you with this?

Have you recently enabled Push Notifications?

1) Yes.

2) An ever stream of flow with ripples and rocks here and there, thanks. :)

Testing...

One...

Two...

Three...

Testing...

Is this thing on?

• Like 1

In the mean time, since the email function is not working, how do we go about check our messages.....???

A member should not be getting email notifications unless they are signed up for them within their profile, or they had some action taken and when that is effected whether an email notice was marked as "send"...

For the latter issue, Staff will have to remember to manual send an email to members.

In the mean time, since the email function is not working, how do we go about check our messages.....???

ChiDragon, please describe the errant behavior you are experiencing.

Brian....
Normally, when a member PM me, I get a notice in the email. The last three times I didn't.

It happens to be that I have bookmarked the message section. My original question was how can I find the path to go to the message section initially.

Edited by ChiDragon

Brian....

Normally, when a member PM me, I get a notice in the email. The last three times I didn't.

It happens to be that I have bookmarked the message section. My original question was how can I find the path to go to the message section initially.

PM Sent.

@Brian: You can do a search of "notification" in this thread to see there is a history of issues... in the way past, I see on upgrades there has been issues and then resolve when we identify the issue.

BKA had one item to test but if members refuse to try it, then we can't know if that works or not.

See if you find a pattern to the issue... maybe we need to know the last upgrade date... and just need to elevate this issue.

I'm NOT receiving NUFFINK !!

Sorry and er Sorry

(Double apologies for the double negative !!)  :blush:

Sign in to follow this