Sign in to follow this  
gatito

Sunrise, Sunset, Night.

Waking up early and watching the sunrise each day is a pretty significant spiritual exercise.

<I just wish it didn't have to happen so early in the morning>

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 5

Waking up early and watching the sunrise each day is a pretty significant spiritual exercise.

<I just wish it didn't have to happen so early in the morning>

Yes

And it depends on where you are in the world as to whether it happens unreasonably early (or unreasonably late). :)

While observing sunsets or sunrises upon a low horizon, like the ocean, especially when the sun is still effulgent and sharply defined, that is, not so diffused and red, a green ray can be seen. This green ray is visible during the seconds of setting and rising, as the skyline aligns with the sun. The green ray is not an atmospheric dispersion or afterimage, but a green ray of light, although atmospheric conditions often make it look like a patch of green light. While I lived near the Arctic Circle, where the sun appears to slide along and under the horizon, the green ray can be seen for up to a few minutes at a time.

I once heard in a Tuatha De Danaan tale, a tale from the so-called fifth inhabitants of ancient Ireland, that whoever sees the green ray will know the way home at death. However, in our busy realities of continuous diversions, tethered to the Christian calendar, we seldom take note of our environment or world.

About Christian calendarics: http://thetaobums.com/topic/37111-steps-to-awaken-humanity/

• Like 1

While observing sunsets or sunrises upon a low horizon, like the ocean, especially when the sun is still effulgent and sharply defined, that is, not so diffused and red, a green ray can be seen. This green ray is visible during the seconds of setting and rising, as the skyline aligns with the sun.

Usually when the sun is effulgent I throw a tums at it. If you're describing the infamous green flash, one of the places that practically makes a religion out of it is Key West, FL. Locals and tourists line up at sunset to celebrate it. In most places it doesn't last long, not even half a second, literally just a flash in the Keys. Timing is all important because if you look too early you get a solar image burned into your visual screen for a few minutes that keeps you from seeing it.

But as the last trace of sun sinks under the water horizon, you get brief green flash. Pretty to cool to see, and without proper timing, very easy to miss it.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this