Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

sensory deprivation

Cheat! Use muscle relaxants! LOL. No really, study savasana technique nightly when you go to bed. Also, get a massage before you do a float...herbs: kava kava, Valerian. Amino acids, etc: GABA, l-theanine....exercise to the point of fatigue (but not exhaustion), then get a massage, then do a float (pee beforehand)...

I find a lot of the clenched muscle feeling comes from the pit of the stomach. Work on realizing that point and you will have no issues with the rest.

• Like 1

Mine comes in the hands, feet, scalp, face...its possible that its wherever your energy is excessive...I will look into what you said too..I know that I have tension there as well...also, smoothing out the shen will smooth out the qi

I've looked into muscle relaxants but the siide effects look sketchy. Massage as well but the price and all :(

I'll look into what you both listed.

There are various ways of attaining altered states of consciousness. Some people are likely more susceptible than others.

- Fasting

- Sleep deprivation

- Sensory deprivation

- Intense concentration

- Hyperventilation

- Trance (induced by dancing and/or dancing)

- Use of psychotropic substances

Floating in a tank for an hour our or two is not really going to induce much of an altered state. To have effect I do think these techniques need to be prolonged and I would not advise doing so because it is dangerous ... regardless I doubt there are many people willing to push themselves purposefully to such an extreme.

I would certainly recommend all of the above in small doses purely for relaxation and self investigation.

Honestly I'm tired of all the float talk and fun facts you always hear about but I just see it as different meditation position. That's all.

I have yet to try it...I am very experienced in disassociated states through dissociative drugs like MXE and DXM...but those are not for regular use, or use by just anyone...too many issues with psychotic breaks..of which I have had more than a few while on them...

Re:

-----

"There are various ways of attaining altered states of consciousness."

-----

Most important may be to understand how it is we are having the consciousness that we do have.

Then we would know why or how or when to "alter" it.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

@idiotstimpy: that's it! That's where movement originates.... That's why they say move from the LDT. Why its called the willpower center. COG is center of movement... It seems... Thanks!

Re:

-----

"There are various ways of attaining altered states of consciousness."

-----

Most important may be to understand how it is we are having the consciousness that we do have.

Then we would know why or how or when to "alter" it.

-VonKrankenhaus

What do you mean by consciousness ?

I had that floating sensory deprivation tank fiveteen years ago and spent quite a lot inside ... after one year and a half I sold it ...

Sign in to follow this