Jox

Nei Jing Yi Zhi Chan Qi Gong cd_dvd

I already have Ferreras version, good stuff ... In fact his info in my opinion is vital! :)

The main reason I asked for dvd_cd was curiosity ... lol

Edited by Jox

I think that that method is the same as the one in the book "Shaolin Nei Jin Qi Gong: Ancient Healing in the Modern World" by Peter Fenton Ph.D. It costs like 13 dls. This method is also shown in the Tien Tao Chi Kung course in the video Kong Jing. I think no one that teaches the real staff would charge such amount of money for a video. I think there are a bunch of masters that just want to make money from their knowledge and fill their teachings with crappy mysticism because that is what sells now with all the newagers.

• Like 1

$295 for a CD !!!???

That's outrageous.

Yes, it seems rally too much ... :blink:

If this form is One Finger Zen, I'm pretty sure that it is on Ken Cohen's second DVD, "Qi Healing."

• Like 1

I think that that method is the same as the one in the book "Shaolin Nei Jin Qi Gong: Ancient Healing in the Modern World" by Peter Fenton Ph.D. It costs like 13 dls. This method is also shown in the Tien Tao Chi Kung course in the video Kong Jing. I think no one that teaches the real staff would charge such amount of money for a video. I think there are a bunch of masters that just want to make money from their knowledge and fill their teachings with crappy mysticism because that is what sells now with all the newagers.

Thank you for sugested book, I will check it out ... :)

A somewhat late reply....

That DVD is very expensive. I have considered it, because presumably it contains four extra exercises which might be from the next level. But since the Luohan Gong have sixteen stances, and the Kong Jing Gong has an additional body of knowledge, just four would still be an incomplete system. So, I haven't bought it.

You might find Mantak Chias books on Cosmic Chi Kung relevant, they are more or less the same as Kong Jing from a Singapore based organisation. The book Qigong empowerment by Shou-Yu Liang and Wen-Ching Wu also have a chapter more or less based on that tradition.

Kay Luthi, who is teaching Tibetan Buddhist qigong, also have a version of the Nei Jing Yi Zhi Chan that might be interesting.

Personally, I find Ken Cohens version too simplified compared to the more complete versions of the style.

Of the rest, one of the differences is usually which finger bending series is the basic one. I agree that Dan Ferarras material is rather complete, although on the basic level of the style only.

Greatest difference between the lines of teaching seems to be which dynamic exercises they do to balance off the standing.

May I ask which ones you prefer?

• Like 1

Warning!

The following is totally like a commercial for this style. :blink:

Shaolin Nei Jing Yi Zhi Chan contains all the three treasures of Shaolin, that is Chan, Wu, Yi.

Meditation, martial training and medicine.

I'm sure most people who knows about the style practice it as a qigong.

Since this is the age of Google, I'm sure you have seen the dudes doing finger handstands, and seen the book about the 72 skills of Shaolin, where this style is mentioned. 

So the standing in the high horse stance is a part of classical poison fingers training.

And if you have got the Fenton book, you will se the exercises which are the delivery system for the combat applications.

You might want to add some details to the movements to transform them to an internal martial art.