Rara

What does "Qi cultivation" mean to you?

By definition, is what I am asking, not to be muddled with how it enhances your life...

:)

According to the definition of the TCM, 炁 has no fire. It is the prenatal source of energy, inside the human body, given by Nature. It become

energy(氣) after the postnatal breathing of 气(air) and eating the foods provided by Nature. Hence, the practice of Chi Kung(氣功) is to link the prenatal 炁 through the postnatal breathing methods to attain the state of homeostasis and the effect of longevity.

So, we have three kinds of Chi.

1. 炁 is the primordial substance that makes up the human body.

2. 气 is the postnatal source of energy such as air/oxygen and nutrient from the foods we ate

3. 氣 is the energy produced by the interaction of 炁 and 气

Qi cultivation to me, I would make the 炁(chi) in my body healthier by providing ample of 气(chi) to produce more 氣(chi), the inner strength or body energy. In the process of obtaining all these three chi(s), it was said to be the Qi cultivation.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

From some quarters, it is defined simply as 'breath'.

In the old testament, 'breath of God' is often mentioned, descending upon the firmament, that sort of thing.

Similarities in some way.

Without breath, nothing else works.

• Like 1

From some quarters, it is defined simply as 'breath'.

In the old testament, 'breath of God' is often mentioned, descending upon the firmament, that sort of thing.

Similarities in some way.

You just have repeated something that I had said many times before.

That is part of my second definition above. Anyway, you had said it all. Thanks...!!!

You just have repeated something that I had said many times before.

That is part of my second definition above. Anyway, you had said it all. Thanks...!!!

The metaphorical way of putting it, right?

The metaphorical way of putting it, right?

This is what I meant by the second definition:

2. 气 is the postnatal source of energy such as air/oxygen and nutrient from the foods we ate

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

This is what I meant by the second definition:

So we can cultivate chi (breath) from breathing...

Cultivate chi (energy) from eating and sleeping well...

(As you can tell, recently, I have been obsessed with getting my concepts correct from translations...I will explain more later. There is a part 2 to this thread coming!)

Edited by Rara
  • Like 1

So we can cultivate chi (breath) from breathing...

Cultivate chi (energy) from eating and sleeping well...

(As you can tell, recently, I have been obsessed with getting my concepts correct from translations...I will explain more later. There is a part 2 to this thread coming!)

Energy has to obtained from the source of energy. There are two sources of energy from the air and food. Thus, the cultivation of breathing is to absorb the source of energy from the air which is oxygen. Actually, the cultivation of chi(energy) was done through the cultivation of breathing without your realization. It is because your body will take care itself by the decomposition of the foods you ate with oxygen. This process is called the Cell Respiration. You can read all about it by googling on the internet.

Oxygen is the main criteria, that is why C T and I said: "Without breath, nothing else works."

PS....

This is only my modern way of explanation. There are many members in the forum may not agree with this.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Energy has to obtained from the source of energy. There are two sources of energy from the air and food. Thus, the cultivation of breathing is to absorb the source of energy from the air which is oxygen. Actually, the cultivation of chi(energy) was done through the cultivation of breathing without your realization. It is because your body will take care itself by the decomposition of the foods you ate with oxygen. This process is called the Cell Respiration. You can read all about it by googling on the internet.

Oxygen is the main criteria, that is why C T and I said: "Without breath, nothing else works."

PS....

This is only my modern way of explanation. There are many members in the forum may not agree with this.

This is the sort of answer that I was expecting/hoping for. I'm actually quite surprised that no one has stepped in to talk about anything magical!

Explains a lot why smoking is no good for a cultivator haha. I still have one every now and then in the week and say to myself, "it's ok, at least I will focus more on my breathing most of the time unlike chain smokers". While I see this as damage limitiation, I would much prefer to probably not have to cultivate any more energy than I should have to. I guess it's like hitting myself in the head in order to heal it for fun lol. A bit sadistic looking at it like that!

As for cell respiration, I will revise that. Biology was never my strong point in school so I have forgotten a lot of details!

• Like 1

"Without breath, nothing else works."

True. One dies if they don't breathe.

Not all forms of cultivation are breath oriented. Some forms go direct to energetics.

• Like 1

I've encouraged you before, CD, to get a pulse oximeter -- I think you would find the results unsettling...

qi=patterned energy

cultivation of qi = enhancement of patterning of energy

amplifying desired signal, attenuating undesired signal

establishing gears, revving them up, and in the interactions, discover "new gears" and rev them up, meshing coherently

to surpass the physiospiritual coefficient of friction

• Like 7

I like!

If it is all spirit in the end, and how high we refine it, why do you think more people are not working towards this, in a direct fashion? Not prioritizing cultivating their spirits more? Making it their number one goal during this turn on earth?

Great questions...

We are 'ten thousand' and the excuses are ten trillion :)

Jesus said, "many are called but few are choosen"... I wondered for a very long time if how many really understood this ;)

Each of us has their own destiny, and today (forget whether time really exists) is between past life and future life.

To focus on spirit is to understand past and future; most focus on present without the reference points nor inherent fate.

The present condition is... well... less than we had hoped for, in most cases... Why? Therein is the real question.

• Like 1

To me it means increasing available qi energy and ease of flow. Also improving the quality of my qi and its effectiveness/ my control over it etc. 

the end result of 'qi cultivation' would probably have to be having more available the moment i call it up, instead of having to 'charge up' as it were. 

oh, forgot about this thread. Good stuff in there. I can't really add anything to my "get the hell out of the way", lol. To my thinking, a "lack of qi" simply means "an abundance of blockages".

• Like 1

oh, forgot about this thread. Good stuff in there. I can't really add anything to my "get the hell out of the way", lol. To my thinking, a "lack of qi" simply means "an abundance of blockages".

I never did understand your "get the hell out of the way comment"...could you please explain?

Blockages caused by stress per se? So qi cultivation being "letting go" of the tensions?

• Like 1

I never did understand your "get the hell out of the way comment"...could you please explain?

Blockages caused by stress per se? So qi cultivation being "letting go" of the tensions?

well, I mean blockages caused by anything, really. Mental, emotional, egoistic, physical. Add whatever layer you like. And I guess some would argue metaphysical, as well.

When approaching energy work from a qi standpoint, I think it's the flow that is important. Qi is even sometimes defined simply as the flow. It isn't the river's water but the river's dynamic. So anything that hinders the flow, hinders the whole.

It's what I feel, and by "feel" I don't mean it's my opinion but rather my experience ... something like that. Hope it helps :blush:

• Like 5

well, I mean blockages caused by anything, really. Mental, emotional, egoistic, physical. Add whatever layer you like. And I guess some would argue metaphysical, as well.

When approaching energy work from a qi standpoint, I think it's the flow that is important. Qi is even sometimes defined simply as the flow. It isn't the river's water but the river's dynamic. So anything that hinders the flow, hinders the whole.

It's what I feel, and by "feel" I don't mean it's my opinion but rather my experience ... something like that. Hope it helps :blush:

Can't add anything to that, just like my experience. But I admit that I'm curious what will happen when the worst blockages are cleared...

• Like 2

Can't add anything to that, just like my experience. But I admit that I'm curious what will happen when the worst blockages are cleared...

Generally, there'll be a rush, and then a bump.

• Like 1

Qi highly refined is spirit... and it is all spirit in the end... 

Kind of but the grand architect is the MIND, and this is the one you'll have to deal with sooner or later. Once you understand its nature, what it does and how, and manage to revert to the beginning, the 'spirit' will be set free from its "fetters." My friend, you are free forever, boundless. No more rebirth and suffering.

Ping.

• Like 1