roger

ego mind is really Christ Mind

Hi everyone. It's been a long while since I've interacted here. It's nice to be back and I hope everyone has been well.

The reason I'm posting this is because nearly everyone has the same problem I've had all my life, and I believe that you all can have the same healing I found recently if you're open to what I'm going to say.

Ego is only an illusion, a false identity, a misunderstanding. But the part of us that identifies with ego is real, it is ourselves.

The problem I've had for many years now, is that the part of me that falsely believed it was ego, was obsessed with its "Divine Identity." This obsession has virtually consumed and devastated me for years. It's been a living Hell. That part of me, my "ego mind," thought it was ego, but in reality, that part of me is just as much Christ Mind, Buddha Nature, Tao, or however you want to put it, as any other part of me. "Ego" was just a false identity.

Now that part of me knows this, and its deep-seated obsession with its Divine Identity has been healed.

So basically, the part of you that thinks it's ego, is really Divine Mind, not ego. Unless it's already realized this, it definitely desires to know it.

I hope this helps many of you.

Edited by roger
  • Like 1

Wow I like this alot!

But if we see that ego is a false identity then what about all the things that egos love and are motivated by? Are they false too?

Nearly everyone believes in the reality of the ego and the world's activity is based on egoic desires. What does the person beyond the ego do with themselves from now on? What motivates them? How do they fit in?

I don't think all of ego's desires and preferences are "bad."

An ego can be healthy or unhealthy. It becomes much more healthy when one ceases to identify with it.

It's likely that one who has transcended ego-identification would be very loving, but that has nothing to do with following archaic and harmful "religious" codes of conduct.

Much of the world's activity arises from healthy egoic desires. Unhealthy egoic desires would only be that which is unloving or violent, in my opinion.

I guess I'm more thinking about those behaviours that just seem meaningless to someone who has realised that they are not their ego. A lot of people's behaviour is about chasing pleasures and avoiding pain. A person who has realised their divine self is so much more at peace than before that hey can' t pleasure seek with the same gusto. A lot of people are seeking status or power which is maybe the search for love. But realise the divine self and you don't need love from the outside.

You have made some good points here Roger, and some that many people here should be more mindful of.

Here is my take on the relation between body, ego and "higher" mind, it is based on my understanding of Platonism.  The ego is the reflection of the "higher mind" in the body, the body is a mirror created by the "soul of nature" for the higher mind to reflect its actions in a common world where we may all meet and greet each other.  The best "body/mirror" that can presently be manifest in nature happens to be that of a hominid primate, and it is literally a reflection of that higher self "through a glass darkly", it distorts the totality of ourselves like a funhouse mirror, but nonetheless it is a reflection of "us".  When we confuse this reflection with "true selves" we are like Narcissus in the myth, or to make a more modern analolgy, someone so caught up in their video game avatar that they are lost in the game.  To get get things right and to correct the distortions which the animal body creates in the reflection, so that our "ego" reflects our true nature is the goal of all spiritual paths.  The "ego" is thus not an "illusion" any more than a mirror reflection of my body would be, or again to make a more modern analogy, like the computer image in a video chat, it "reflects" and "represents" "me", and has its own "reality" albeit it a derivitive one.  It is, however, something about which we can have a lot of wrong ideas, not the least of which is that it is "merely" an illusion.

• Like 4

And all this is something we experience directly. That's the point I want to make, and when it does it is completely life changing.

Ego - this is just a basic function.

If we, a group, are standing somewhere, and one of us feels cold, he does not have to wait until we all reach for a blanket.

He can do this "individually".

So the trick was to create so many individual needs that the person is overwhelmed in ego responses and at odds with any group. It is a trick which leverage ordinary human nature. Launching everyone into much ego work.

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Nickolai, I agree, a person who has "fully remembered" probably wouldn't need all the pleasures and love from the outside that most people seem to be dependent on.

The thing is that the whole reason people need all the external things is because they need their Self. It's never the thing itself the person is really addicted to or dependent on, but what it represents- their Divine Self.

As you said, people's desire for status or power is really a need for love. And the "love" people really want and need is the love that they ARE.

Whatever form the desire or addiction takes, it's really a need for one's Self.

• Like 2

I was wondering about this subject myself for awhile because, as an astrologer, I was confused about how the Sun is variably regarded as representing the ego, the conscious personality, the inner self, and/or the higher self... I discussed this with fellow Astrologers and other Occultists.

I finally concluded that there was indeed no dividing line between the ego or conscious personality, and its very source, the inner self. Much like in Buddhism they say that this mind is the Buddha mind.

However, for the conscious mind to truly embrace its universal nature presupposes a process of internal Alchemy that takes various forms in different systems of cultivation and ways of natural development.

In Astrology, Saturn stands for the limitations of the ego, in symbolical resonance with his position in the Solar System as the last visible planet, in a sense confining the Sun and the inner planets, like he is being confined himself by his characteristic ring.

The planets that, in more modern times, were found beyond Saturn - until now Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, as far as Astrology is concerned - represent the forces that are trespassing the realm of the conscious mind, out into the world of the collective unconscious and the Archetypes, and pertaining to psychic perceptions and transcendental experiences. As the outermost planets, they are opening up the Solar System to the space of the Galaxy while they remain connected to its innermost center, the Sun (another star of the Galaxy). More precisely, to the interior of the Sun (but to fully explain this would require a considerably more elaborated post than I can write at present.)

Once the ego or conscious personality transcends its boundaries and taps into the forces of the outer planets, it is at once illuminated by the light from the deeper layers within itself and becomes more fully aware of its unity with All That Is. In the language of Alchemy, Saturn's lead is being transmuted into the gold of the Sun.

• Like 2

Hi everyone. It's been a long while since I've interacted here. It's nice to be back and I hope everyone has been well.

The reason I'm posting this is because nearly everyone has the same problem I've had all my life, and I believe that you all can have the same healing I found recently if you're open to what I'm going to say.

Ego is only an illusion, a false identity, a misunderstanding. But the part of us that identifies with ego is real, it is ourselves.

The problem I've had for many years now, is that the part of me that falsely believed it was ego, was obsessed with its "Divine Identity." This obsession has virtually consumed and devastated me for years. It's been a living Hell. That part of me, my "ego mind," thought it was ego, but in reality, that part of me is just as much Christ Mind, Buddha Nature, Tao, or however you want to put it, as any other part of me. "Ego" was just a false identity.

Now that part of me knows this, and its deep-seated obsession with its Divine Identity has been healed.

So basically, the part of you that thinks it's ego, is really Divine Mind, not ego. Unless it's already realized this, it definitely desires to know it.

I hope this helps many of you.

It is not totally it, it is a part of it. The part of the mind most human beings use every day (up to this point), is a very small part of the entire mind, that extends in all directions and is not contained by simply a skull.

Edited by 4bsolute

Hi Michael,

In Astrology, Saturn stands for the limitations of the ego, in symbolical resonance with his position in the Solar System as the last visible planet, in a sense confining the Sun and the inner planets, like he is being confined himself by his characteristic ring.

Wow! Isn't this fascinating and beautiful.  I've never thought of that before.  Saturn is a kind of symbol of the solar system.  Itself plays the role of the sun and the ring is the image of the orbiting planets.

But yes, our role is to stop seeing ourselves as both separate to the sun, and as suns ourselves - capable of our own light.

The light is one.  The mind of man and the mind of God are not different unless we believe they are. 

Like when Jesus quotes Psalm 82:6 " Ye are Gods"

Edited by Nikolai1
  • Like 1

It took me a while but I feel I have my own response to this at last.

I do agree that there is little differentiating between an ego and christ mind/buddha nature etc. To go as far as to call it an illusion, I don't know.

But as far as ego goes, all I know is that it is vital. Religious and spiritual teaching wouldn't be here on earth unless somebody had enough ego and audacity to write them down and sell them to us.

• Like 1