phore

Golden elixer

My understanding from Taoist Yoga is that you don't actually see the light in the lower tan tien until it is full of energy and the Tai Chi is achieved which is also the Cavity of Original Spirit manifesting. So that is a kind of unification of lower, middle and upper tan tiens I think as the yang qi is arising out of the heart and the heart originally is the source of the Yuan Shen and Yuan Qi energy.

So - as for the violet light - it makes sense as Neidan as an implosion technique - with my studies yesterday of Dr. mae-Wan Ho - the science is that the collagen, the most common protein of the body, has nanotubes which, under pressure from meditation and qigong, are piezoelectric but more importantly, split water into a very high conductivity using superconducting protons as an alchemical free energy source.

So Dr. Mae-Wan Ho states this energy is from SHG - second harmonic generation of photons which have twice the frequency and half the wavelength and so as photons are the higher frequency photons meaning the violet light.

As far as a polarity with lower and upper tan tien - that is the basic fire/water distinction or dragon/tiger distinction - the yuan shen manifests in the upper tan tien but the Cavity of Prenatal Vitality is what activates the lower tan tien water energy - it is the source of the yang within the yin of the lower tan tien. So that is why when the lower tan tien is full it manifests by the third eye opening up but that originates from the heart. Since it's an immortality Tai Chi experience it goes to a dimension of reality before birth - so it's more holographic than a specific location since the body at that point is filled and pulsating with strong electromagnetic energy.

Dr. mae-Wan Ho says that this state could be achieved - with real free energy - from the synchronization of all the frequencies of energy at the same time. She tries to model this with fractals but that is still classical science that technology has to rely on - in fact the synchronization is still based on the complementary opposites of the quantum potential - it can only be achieved through direct experience as it is resonating with its own source instead of some external "objective" measurement.

The qigong master says he achieves that state once a month while the original qigong master is in that state all the time - he said after he went 2 hours with his heart stopped, he was still walking around fine.

I would say that the Golden Elixir is then based on storing up the energy in the lower tan tien - for the yang shen new physical matter creation. Whereas an open energy exchange is not necessarily going to create an individual physical immortality as the golden body.

It makes sense since the original qigong master says to visual a clear tube of light in the center of the body and then the rainbow body for the deeper healing.

So what happens is when the water is denser next to the collagen, the most common protein in the body; this density creates the nanotube structure as a quasi-crystal which causes the smaller wavelength and higher frequency violet light photons with proton superconducting energy as the qi energy.

What I meant to point out is that the real irony is this - is it is the science secret of yang within yin - because the colder water is denser but as quantum synchronization - the quasi-crystal structure of water right after it melts (think glacier water) - it enables this creation of the tummo fire - from the quantum higher frequency due to increased density.

That is how Schauberger discovered this secret - watching the fins of trout in cold streams - they create a vortex of the water so it spirals into a higher density, thereby creating stronger pressure that shoots the fish upstream against the current - and he realized this same pressure also has electromagnetic energy.

Edited by Innersoundqigong
  • Like 1

I would say that the Golden Elixir is then based on storing up the energy in the lower tan tien - for the yang shen new physical matter creation. Whereas an open energy exchange is not necessarily going to create an individual physical immortality as the golden body.

It makes sense since the original qigong master says to visual a clear tube of light in the center of the body and then the rainbow body for the deeper healing.

So what happens is when the water is denser next to the collagen, the most common protein in the body; this density creates the nanotube structure as a quasi-crystal which causes the smaller wavelength and higher frequency violet light photons with proton superconducting energy as the qi energy.

Great post drew,

Concerining the rainbow body/ golden body/ light body:

1.  I have seen the distinction made in some works, that certain schools attempt to create a "immortal light body" that is commonly represented as an individual living being made of light, that is capable of preserving consciousness in the higher realms. 

Other schools attempt to merge with the one unified energy directly, giving up individual definition.  In this case the body of light refers to a unified field of light, in which individuality is given up.  Like a drop of rain returning to a larger body of water. 

Which of these distinctions are you referring to in your post? 

2.  What is the distinction made (if any) between the golden body, and the rainbow body?

Love and Light

Tony

Well look im from a lotus tradition and my practice is named after a golden flower and we emit gold light in a very short period of time but I digress.

I'll speak on what i was taught not what I read out of a book and if it helps you on your search then great if not oh well.

The golden dragon is a spiritual practice that is the guardian of earth.

All of neidan is under the rule of one or multiple guardians this is why every orthodox taoist temple works with one.

So they can be a gate keeper of heaven and thus divine and orthodox.

It all leads to their own respective rainbow bow body.

But the golden dragon's attainment is the most powerful because it was feed by grown in and supported by the earth. The practitioner is anchored to the earth so to speak.

The Golden lotus is a branch off of the golden dragon but it has no connection to the golden dragon guardian the golden lotus is connected to gold.

The golden dragon practice was thought not suitable for the majority of practitioners.

So thus the Golden Lotus its like the golden dragon just no guardian of earth stuff.

This went to the Mahayana practitioners. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahayana

100px-Buddha-flower-color.svg.png

This started the legend of the golden immortals and golden elixir.

They even have a sutra called golden light  :D

http://www.sutraofgoldenlight.com/

Plus there are different types of alchemy than fire water and wind and even that is not properly understood from what ive seen on here.

There is alchemy then there is spiritual alchemy which builds spiritual connections to forces in nature.

To spiritually interact with a elemental energy that is used for alchemic purposes.

And then to learn the affect this has on the body when injected.

Man im glad I had a teacher  :D

Edited by JinlianPai
  • Like 1

Well look im from a lotus tradition and my practice is named after a golden flower and we emit gold light in a very short period of time but I digress.

I'll speak on what i was taught not what I read out of a book and if it helps you on your search then great if not oh well.

The golden dragon is a spiritual practice that is the guardian of earth.

All of neidan is under the rule of one or multiple guardians this is why every orthodox taoist temple works with one.

So they can be a gate keeper of heaven and thus divine and orthodox.

It all leads to their own respective rainbow bow body.

But the golden dragon's attainment is the most powerful because it was feed by grown in and supported by the earth. The practitioner is anchored to the earth so to speak.

The Golden lotus is a branch off of the golden dragon but it has no connection to the golden dragon guardian the golden lotus is connected to gold.

The golden dragon practice was thought not suitable for the majority of practitioners.

So thus the Golden Lotus its like the golden dragon just no guardian of earth stuff.

This went to the Mahayana practitioners. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahayana

100px-Buddha-flower-color.svg.png

This started the legend of the golden immortals and golden elixir.

They even have a sutra called golden light  :D

http://www.sutraofgoldenlight.com/

Plus there are different types of alchemy than fire water and wind and even that is not properly understood from what ive seen on here.

There is alchemy then there is spiritual alchemy which builds spiritual connections to forces in nature.

To spiritually interact with a elemental energy that is used for alchemic purposes.

And then to learn the affect this has on the body when injected.

Man im glad I had a teacher  :D

Thank you for this insight. 

Concerning the first part of your post, it seems to me that you are suggesting that devotion to one of these guardians opens the practitioner to the energy corresponding to the specific guardian. 

It sounds like you may be studying one of the traditions that are commonly categorized as religious Tao.  As I have heard more of your practice it seems to have a strong element of what we might call bhakti yoga. 

It also seems that you have discovered cross cultural roots of your tradition.  Do you have any information concerning the correspondence of the five guardians you mentioned to other traditions such as hindu gods/ goddesses or buddhist buddhas/bodhisattvas/ saints?

Concerning the Golden flower methods, you mentioned removing the correspondance of the yellow earth dragon, Do you mean to imply that they remove the emphasis on earth energy altogether?  Or do they just remove the emphasis that the earth energy is a dragon?

If they remove the emphasis on the golden light as an earth energy, how do they present their understanding of the light?

This golden light sutra reminds me a lot of the tone of the flower ornament scripture (avatamsaka sutra).  I will have to read into it more. 

The last part that you speak of concerning different types of alchemy, with different elements and connections, reminds me a lot of what mantak chia calls "gathering the macrocosmic alchemical agent."

It involves gathering different types of energy from the universe into the human body and microcosmic orbit.  I listed some of the types of universal energy Chia describes gathering in my previous post. 

This is a prevalent practice in Kap as well.

thank you for your information

Love and Light

Tony

Edited by phore

Well there is a difference between the japanese tibetan indian and chinese as it goes for guardians and elements.

The chinese from what I understand and have seen and exp'ed have a better understanding to the elements and natural forces.

Each of the 5 guardians of chinese astrology has a neigong practice that goes with them.

So lets take wudang that has the guardian of the turtle snake.

The turtle snake is connected to winter/black/north/water/turtles/snakes and a time of day it correlates to.

So if you practiced the guardian of the north meditations you would get a empowerment daily when the turtle snake energy is strongest. You would be strongest in winter, facing north, and around water. Basically everything that has something to do with that energy.

In tibetan practice they just work with water on a very elementary basis when compared to the Zhenwu meditations of the turtle snake.

So if your part of wudang you can do wudang taichi and run the mco this way and that way but it is nothing to the guardian of the north practices which is the heart of that sect.

This is isnt like Mantak chia's or others this is very specific.

I can breath in earth energy thru my yonguan cavities that doesnt mean im cultivating the guardian of the earth.

The golden lotus correlates to actually gold.

Its spiritual alchemy.  Gold is at the heart of the sun, earth and so forth. But it doesnt have the spiritual connection that the golden dragon does because its not a guardian practice.

Edited by JinlianPai

The end of Taoist Yoga his body is vaporized into pure qi energy that is formless and expands into the universe. But then that qi can reform back into a physical body when needed.

So the Tai Chi is called the "first half" based on the lunar dragon heart yuan shen energy - the white light of the moon. So that means that the yin chi of the lower tan tien is filled up and you see light externally and begin cultivating the solar yang qi with the yin shen energy.

So the yuan qi and yuan shen combined created the golden body - but the lunar dragon yuan shen requires that the qi energy is also built up - as the Cavity of Spirit-vitality of the lower tan tien.

It just intensifies into a deeper serenity - called the inner chamber of the lower tan tien - when the golden body is being cultivated - and based on the immortal breathing with the yuan shen yin qi circulating one direction while yuan qi circulates in the other direction - as the macrocosmic orbit through the center of the feet.

I think the "individual personality" issue is a red-herring because the only way to achieve immortality is by going into the Emptiness more and more and by doing so then individuality is given up more and more. So people who want to maintain individuality - I think don't really understand the training.

I know this is the old debate between Ch'an Buddhism and Taoism - but it's more just like an ongoing teaching - because of the complementary opposites of the training - there is always a rebalancing of the energy back into the Emptiness. It's the difference between Yuan Shen and Yuan Qi - the Yuan Shen is the individual consciousness as light spirit energy but when it is turned around or focused back to the pineal gland as the Cavity of Prenatal Vitality - then it is emptied out into the formless awareness.

So that is a 3 in 1 harmonization process that because of complementary opposites is an eternal energy creation that is never the same, always changing but the process itself is unchanging.

I know Master Nan, Huai-chin says he made fun of his colleague who had achieved the rainbow body - Master Nan stuck his hand into the rainbow body and said - "why are you still just playing tricks?" - or something like that. The point being that to get stuck on any energy phenomenon then does not re-balance the energy back into the Emptiness.

But the thing is with Buddhism it still relies on a dualistic language structure and philosophy from the phonetic languages and Vedic logic of Hinduism - while the Taoism philosophy is more like the Samkhya based on the three gunas - the "three in one" unity is an eternal listening process that can not be visualized.

I mean even science with E.O. Wilson recognizes that humans are based on eusociality - the whole is greater than the parts. Individuality is true as everything is different but to train to be immortal requires lessening individuality. The original qigong master says he is an empty vessel for the energy to go through him.

I think in the highest astral realm then all the great spiritual masters have a sort of merged "Golden" cosmic self body - and as Ramana Maharshi says the whole physical universe including light is a temporary holographic reality and so even the individuality of the spiritual masters is ultimately an illusion while only the formless infinite potential of energy creation remains as the unchanging process - the listening process.

Edited by Innersoundqigong
  • Like 1

The end of Taoist Yoga his body is vaporized into pure qi energy that is formless and expands into the universe. But then that qi can reform back into a physical body when needed.

So the Tai Chi is called the "first half" based on the lunar dragon heart yuan shen energy - the white light of the moon. So that means that the yin chi of the lower tan tien is filled up and you see light externally and begin cultivating the solar yang qi with the yin shen energy.

So the yuan qi and yuan shen combined created the golden body - but the lunar dragon yuan shen requires that the qi energy is also built up - as the Cavity of Spirit-vitality of the lower tan tien.

It just intensifies into a deeper serenity - called the inner chamber of the lower tan tien - when the golden body is being cultivated - and based on the immortal breathing with the yuan shen yin qi circulating one direction while yuan qi circulates in the other direction - as the macrocosmic orbit through the center of the feet.

I think the "individual personality" issue is a red-herring because the only way to achieve immortality is by going into the Emptiness more and more and by doing so then individuality is given up more and more. So people who want to maintain individuality - I think don't really understand the training.

I know this is the old debate between Ch'an Buddhism and Taoism - but it's more just like an ongoing teaching - because of the complementary opposites of the training - there is always a rebalancing of the energy back into the Emptiness. It's the difference between Yuan Shen and Yuan Qi - the Yuan Shen is the individual consciousness as light spirit energy but when it is turned around or focused back to the pineal gland as the Cavity of Prenatal Vitality - then it is emptied out into the formless awareness.

So that is a 3 in 1 harmonization process that because of complementary opposites is an eternal energy creation that is never the same, always changing but the process itself is unchanging.

I know Master Nan, Huai-chin says he made fun of his colleague who had achieved the rainbow body - Master Nan stuck his hand into the rainbow body and said - "why are you still just playing tricks?" - or something like that. The point being that to get stuck on any energy phenomenon then does not re-balance the energy back into the Emptiness.

But the thing is with Buddhism it still relies on a dualistic language structure and philosophy from the phonetic languages and Vedic logic of Hinduism - while the Taoism philosophy is more like the Samkhya based on the three gunas - the "three in one" unity is an eternal listening process that can not be visualized.

I mean even science with E.O. Wilson recognizes that humans are based on eusociality - the whole is greater than the parts. Individuality is true as everything is different but to train to be immortal requires lessening individuality. The original qigong master says he is an empty vessel for the energy to go through him.

I think in the highest astral realm then all the great spiritual masters have a sort of merged "Golden" cosmic self body - and as Ramana Maharshi says the whole physical universe including light is a temporary holographic reality and so even the individuality of the spiritual masters is ultimately an illusion while only the formless infinite potential of energy creation remains as the unchanging process - the listening process.

I'm familiar with the rainbow body.

What I'm saying is that the original original practice was the golden dragon.

Your not going to find a higher or more potent practice than that.  

It doesnt get much higher than guardian of earth and then being able to alchemically and spiritually back that up.....

The golden elixir and golden immortals came from the golden lotus which was broke off from the golden dragon.

This is why the Golden lotus golden elixir and golden immortal were placed at such high regard.

You can attain rainbow body thru other practices sure that is well documented.

But

Is it spiritual alchemy? Is it spiritually right is there a force in nature backing it.

For example you can do some thunder practices.

No matter what it is. Now if a practitioner of the Azure Dragon Guardian walks up who is directly connected to thunder whom all thunder practices are connected to he has more of a spiritual connection than the other man.

When the Azure dragon practitioner wakes up in the morning the energy of the rising sun will charge him its rising yang...everything connected to thunder/east/spring will charge and empower him.

There is no thunder magic or method higher than the sky dragon practice.

A dragon in the sky....Get it?

So with the golden elixir it correlates to everything that gold does.

They can hold gold and it will cause them to vibrate hard due to the resonation.

The Golden Lotus practitioners can emit gold light in less than 2 months and it only gets stronger.

They were known as the golden immortals.

The golden dragon is hot and golden just like the center of the earth.

Edited by JinlianPai

This reminds me of an old saying.

"Don't teach the training let the training teach you."

When my teacher told me about a rare kung fu named after a golden flower that lets you emit gold light and how this knowledge was given to the monks to hide it and protect it. Who turned it in to kung fu. I listened and learned.

I picked up what he was throwing down....

I didn't grab my secret of the golden flower book and start quoting..

Even though I'm directly telling you that there is a very direct version of this practice infact there are at least 3 versions.

The golden elixir is spiritual alchemy.

If you have golden elixir you can emit golden light if you hold gold in your hand it will empower you. You will have the spiritual qualities of gold. You will start building and feeling a connection to the gold in the earth and sun.

This understanding of the process, with the practicioner gradually merging with the Tao, seems to correspond to the sense i have been getting from Liu I Mings work. 

Notably Liu I ming seems to tie all of the endless metaphors back into the basic process of sinking the human mind into the mind of Tao, or serenity meditation.

Liu I Ming was one of the most respected members of the Northern School of Complete Reality Tao.  The northern school of Complete reality was noted for rejecting auxilary practices such as sexual cultivation.  However the Founder of the school of complete reality Tao, Chang Po Tuan, was noted for using auxillary practices to help augment his students health, while emphasizing the serenity for spiritual development.  Complete Reality was heavily influenced by confuscian and Chan Buddhist ideas. 

In reading the work of  Liu I ming, he presents the process very similarly to Chan. 

Thomas cleary in his translation of the The Secret of the Golden Flower states that the techniques presented inside bear more similarity to Chan practices, than Tao Practices.

I believe Wang-Mu states in Foundations of Internal Alchemy that the proper method of running the macrocosmic orbit is to

Stare in distinctness and watch the energy constantly revolving.

This statement is a far cry from the practice of the Macrocosmic orbit, commonly presented in Qigong texts.

On the other hand, Glenn Morris presents the formation of an individual immortal body as a way to preserve the consciousness beyond the span of a normal human life to allow the practicioner to merge with the Tao at his liesure. 

Concerning the stages of cultivating the Solar Yang qi, can you possibly elaborate on the meaning of these stages.  The descriptions in books are somewhat difficult for me to follow.

This reminds me of an old saying.

"Don't teach the training let the training teach you."

When my teacher told me about a rare kung fu named after a golden flower that lets you emit gold light and how this knowledge was given to the monks to hide it and protect it. Who turned it in to kung fu. I listened and learned.

I picked up what he was throwing down....

I didn't grab my secret of the golden flower book and start quoting..

Even though I'm directly telling you that there is a very direct version of this practice infact there are at least 3 versions.

The golden elixir is spiritual alchemy.

If you have golden elixir you can emit golden light if you hold gold in your hand it will empower you. You will have the spiritual qualities of gold. You will start building and feeling a connection to the gold in the earth and sun.

For clarity purposes, could you list what the three versions of this practice are, and where to find information on any of them.  Forgive me if you are referring to practices you have already mentioned.

Thanks everyone

Love and Lgiht

Tony

I already have.

When the Golden Lotus was brought into taoism it was mixed with various other practices.

Even what I have isnt the original version but it is the closest to the original.

The real golden immortals have went underground to the point that you could have a very similar practice and know the history and still not be able to find them.

Because I havent.

I would really like to have this on my golden immortal thread  :D http://thedaobums.com/topic/37743-golden-immortal/

What else do you know about the golden immortals?

My teacher told me that this knowledge came into china via Buddhism and it was given to taoist and buddhist a like in china.

With the taoist it developed in a different path than the indian buddhist who had the original and the chinese buddhist who turned it into a internal martial art.

So as far as I know

there is a

traditional taoist version that went to lu dongbin

A traditional buddhist version which was the golden lotus

A internal buddhist martial art under the same name developed by the chinese.

All 3 versions are in china.

https://books.google.com/books?id=t5pZaCTJX3oC&pg=PR12&lpg=PR12&dq=gold+lotus+immortal&source=bl&ots=HB5rwlzKRX&sig=rwGjxC0-tMomUEK4-VbJaNpBnBg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=aFLtVKGWJrHjsASLhYCIBQ&ved=0CEEQ6AEwCTgK#v=onepage&q=gold%20lotus%20immortal&f=false

The gold lotus of taoism symbolises enlightenment., the Tao (the Way) or spiritual rebirth. The opening of the flower is believed to represent the development  of spiritual potential of humans.

http://en.daoinfo.org/wiki/Guanyin_%28Avalokitesvara%29

The Complete Perfection Tradition called for the Oneness of the Three Teachings from the very beginning, and had groups named after the Three Teachings, such as the Three Teachings Golden Lotus Society, the Three Teachings Jade Florence Society, the Three Teachings Equality Society, etc.. Such a concept was an important basis for accepting the Bodhisattva into Daoism. The Complete Perfection tradition was successful in this respect.

In short, the Guanyin cult originated in Buddhism and was absorbed by Daoism, and underwent changes during its spread among the common people. The Guanyin cult thus has a strong sense of folklore.

>

the Golden Immortal of Grand Enlightenment, arhats into Reverends and Guanyin into Guanyin dashi, and they were all absorbed into Daoism.

• Like 1

As far as turning the light around - Taoist Yoga emphasizes the rotating of the eyes exercise which unites the fire and water and combines them alchemically - it is uniting the yin chi yuan shen and the yang qi yuan qi energies.

The higher levels of cultivation for solar golden body energy - I don't know the details.

Chapter 10 of Taoist YOga is achieving the foundation while Chapter 4 to 6 is experiencing the Tai Chi - and so between them means to stabilize with the third eye fully open - that is very rare to get to chapter 10 level.

So then for chapter 9 you have immortal breathing - and so this is more like astral travel and also like nirvikalpa samadhi.

I can't even remember the focus of the other chapters - oh wait I have the order wrong - but one of those chapters is to stop - to End Leakage - using the mudras to shut off the dragon and tiger channels through the hands, but also includes rotating the eyes.

Yeah so the immortal breathing as more advanced small universe - seems to then rely on building up the energy in the lower tan tien. Taoist Yoga does state that at some point then the small universe practice stops on its own or else there is too much fire. So then the physical yang shen body manifests as the final breakthrough. That is the crucial point - if that point is missed then you just have to store up the energy again and start over basically - from the chapter 10 level I guess.

So then if you do achieve the yang shen it goes through different stages. At first you have a yang shen but you are not consciously aware of what it is doing. So then you develop conscious awareness of it and then slowly it can travel farther away from you and then you can develop more than one yang shen, etc. At this stage you are also supposed to go into the world to do miracle healings, etc.

So it made me wonder if the original qigong master was actually a yang shen body with his original body in a cave somewhere in the mountains. haha. Who knows? I don't think so - but it makes you wonder since he's definitely doing a  lot of miracle healing.

But still the final stage is the vaporation of the body into pure chi energy that is formless. So that is actually the golden immortal body - since it is formless yet also eternal and then can manifest as a yang shen physical body when necessary.

• Like 1

All alchemy comes from the golden dragon of the earth.

The Golden dragon represents earth/center/void

So in alchemy you root to the earth focus on the center and enter the void.

This is said to get the elixir.

Gold in feng shui is represented by earth and metal the stomach and lungs  ;)

In chinese feng shui in the center of the octagon is earth to strengthen the other elements.

What is needed is the spiritual aspect to the alchemy.

So some sects like shaolin use multiple guardians like the white tiger and cyan dragon. The cyan dragon's hours are during sunrise and the white tigers hours are at sunset. So they are basically saying from sun up to sun down they are the top. So in the in the original kung fu TV series its starts with the sun rising and it ends with the sun setting.

Taoism just isnt about alchemy it's also about the natural forces that affect us as well.

Seeing my teacher exercise the golden light was amazing it had a feeling of being very old and familiar.  

• Like 1

Once you know where your alchemy comes from you can start to feng shui your home based on the alchemy you do.

That's when things get cool.

Drew,

Thank you for clarifying this about Taoist Yoga.

Jinlianpai,

Concerning the statement about entering the void/ center.   This also seems to be similar to how Liu I Ming uses earth as a Metaphor in his alchemical writings.

to everyone,

I believe Ive ran out of questions.  I will also need some time to follow up on the many references on this thread, and finish some lines of research i am currently persuing.

Thanky you all for your responses. 

Love and Light

Tony

The Teachings of Immortals Chung and Lu (tl Eva Wong) goes into the different colors and waterwheels mentioned.

I usually take reversing the five elements to refer to the refining process naturally created by the control cycle.

Chung said:

"The cycle of the five elements follows the principles of reversal silently, the dragon and the tiger copulate, and the yellow sprouts are born -- this is the work of the Small Waterwheel. The golden sparks fly up from behind the navel and return to the Mud Ball cavity, lead is extracted to replenish mercury, and the great medicine is realized -- this is the work of the Great Waterwheel. When the dragon and the tiger have copulated and lead and mercury have compounded to become the great medicine, the true vapor will be born. When the true vapor emerges, the five vapors will move toward the primordial regions. When the yang spirit is mature, the three spirits will be liberated from the Internal Court. The purple-golden elixir is now complete. The mysterious cranes fly out, the mercurial white jade materializes, and the fire dragon leaps out of its lair. The body is bathed in thousands of rays of golden light. The pearl of the jade tree appears fresh, shiny, and bright; it exits and enters naturally and moves back and forth unhindered. Transporting the spirit into the body, it merges with the primal order and liberates the sacred from the mundane. This is the work of the Purple Waterwheel. These are the three waterwheels Each waterwheel has its own effect and each effect can be experienced. They are not equivalent to the three vehicles of Buddhism, which are called the Goat Cart, the Deer Cart, and the Great Buffalo Cart.

"In the alchemy of transformation, there are three other wheels besides the Waterwheel. When fire is accumulated, the heart and the intentions will move together to defend the body against illness. This is the work of the Messenger Wheel. When above and below work together, yin and yang will be united, fire and water will be harmonious, and the sound of thunder will be heard in the midst of stillness. This is the work of the Thunder Wheel. However, if the heart is controlled by the external environment and if the mind is led by emotions, we will be affected by things in the world and the vapor of the true yang will dissipate. If we let the vapor leak out of the body and do not rest when we are tired, then with time our energy will be weak, our bodies will be empty, and we will age. The eight evils and five illnesses will corrupt the true vapor and the primordial yang will not be able to oppose them. As a result, we will get old, become ill, and die. These are the effects of the Broken Wheel."

Lu said:

"When the cycle of the five elements reverses and the dragon and the tiger copulate, the Small Waterwheel is in motion. When there is tossing and turning in the three tan t'iens and the golden sparks fly out from behind the navel, the Great Waterwheel is in motion. How do we know when the Purple Waterwheel is moving?"

Chung said:

"When the followers of the Tao have received instructions from enlightened teachers, they will understand the principles of the rise and fall of vapors in the sky and the earth. As they progress in their cultivation, they will know how to apply the numerics of the waxing and waning of the sun and the moon to introduce yin and yang to each other. With time they will also learn how to accumulate and disseminate water and fire, gather the medicine, apply the fire, and replenish mercury with lead. These are the effects of the Small Waterwheel.

"When the golden sparks fly from behind the navel to the head, the great medicine in the Yellow Chamber will be completed. Thrusting through the three gates, the medicine will enter the Internal Court. That which emerges at the back is harvested in front. Flowing upward, it repairs; flowing downward, it refines. These are the signs that the Great Waterwheel is turning.

"When the golden elixir and the jade elixir are circulated to refine the body, when the body is refined and transmuted into vapor, when vapor is refined and transmuted into spirit, and when the spirit is merged with the Tao, the Tao within you will be complete, and you will be able to transcend the mundane and attain immortality. These are signs that the Purple Waterwheel is turning."

Lots of info in this book, and I recommend studying it backwards and forwards until all the hidden meanings emerge. The same with all neidan books... I recommend having guidance from a teacher as well, otherwise one might be tempted to jump to mental conclusions regarding things which one hasn't had experience with and isn't able to comprehend. Wang Mu's Foundations and Liu Yiming's Cultivating the Tao are excellent companions for studying the theory here. Backwards and forwards, augmented with actual practice after emptying the mind.

speaking to JinLian Pai on using actual gold - I stumbled across this claim I made back in 2008 - 7 years ago:

So the closest analogy is science is the new “space race” for metamaterials — or left-handed materials with a negative refractive index.

These materials REVERSE the doppler effect of light by using complementary opposite materials built in concentric rings. Gold is an essential metal for this since it’s density combines both quantum and classic physics — thereby confirming it’s alchemical status. To quote Science News from 7/15/2006:

“It’s really because of the development of metamaterials that the manufacturing of such cloaking devices could be possible,” Leonhardt says.

Metamaterials consist of three-dimensional arrays of hoops, rods, or other shapes made of metal or other electrically conductive materials that are joined by electrical insulators, such as fiberglass.

Whereas lenses or other optical devices made of ordinary materials bend radiation one way, metamaterials bend it the other. Although not easily explained in everyday terms, the effect stems from electromagnetic waves traveling backward once they enter metamaterials, notes Schurig.

Electromagnetic radiation typically exerts a repulsive pressure on objects, so it should, in theory, attract metamaterials. Also, the well-known Doppler shift, in which the frequency of electromagnetic radiation from an object increases as the object approaches, is expected to reverse for metamaterials. Experiments have yet to confirm those two predictions.”

So - the technology there is invisibility but who knows what else?

In recent years, engineers have paid particular attention to nanoparticles of the noble metals: silver, gold, palladium, platinum and so forth. These metals are well known to support localized surface plasmon resonances, the collective oscillations of electrons at the metal surface in response to light or an electric field.

Other important physical properties can be further driven when plasmons are constrained in extremely small spaces, like the nanoparticles Dionne and Scholl studied. The phenomenon is known as quantum confinement.

Depending on the shape and size of the particle, quantum confinement can dominate a particle's electronic and optical response. This research allows scientists, for the first time, to directly correlate a quantum-sized plasmonic particle's geometry—its shape and size—with its plasmon resonances.

Standing to benefit

Nanotechnology stands to benefit from this new understanding. "We might discover novel electronic or photonic devices based on excitation and detection of plasmons in quantum-sized particles. Alternatively, there could be opportunities in catalysis, quantum optics, and bio-imaging and therapeutics," said Dionne.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-03-physicists-quantum-plasmons-atomic-scale-nanoparticles.html#jCp

Jinlianpai,

Concerning the statement about entering the void/ center.   This also seems to be similar to how Liu I Ming uses earth as a Metaphor in his alchemical writings.

Earth is the center and it strengthens all of the other elements. It is the balance of yin and yang its symbol is the yin yang symbol its color is yellow its animal is the Yellow Dragon its season is late summer its direction is South West.

Which you can see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Xing

If you follow these patterns of nature you can make sure that your golden energy is always strong. like facing south west when you meditate. Going outside when yin and yang is balanced which is about 6:30 to 7:00. Eating plants and herbs that bloom in late summer and so forth.

speaking to JinLian Pai on using actual gold - I stumbled across this claim I made back in 2008 - 7 years ago:

So the closest analogy is science is the new “space race” for metamaterials — or left-handed materials with a negative refractive index.

These materials REVERSE the doppler effect of light by using complementary opposite materials built in concentric rings. Gold is an essential metal for this since it’s density combines both quantum and classic physics — thereby confirming it’s alchemical status. To quote Science News from 7/15/2006:

“It’s really because of the development of metamaterials that the manufacturing of such cloaking devices could be possible,” Leonhardt says.

Metamaterials consist of three-dimensional arrays of hoops, rods, or other shapes made of metal or other electrically conductive materials that are joined by electrical insulators, such as fiberglass.

Whereas lenses or other optical devices made of ordinary materials bend radiation one way, metamaterials bend it the other. Although not easily explained in everyday terms, the effect stems from electromagnetic waves traveling backward once they enter metamaterials, notes Schurig.

Electromagnetic radiation typically exerts a repulsive pressure on objects, so it should, in theory, attract metamaterials. Also, the well-known Doppler shift, in which the frequency of electromagnetic radiation from an object increases as the object approaches, is expected to reverse for metamaterials. Experiments have yet to confirm those two predictions.”

So - the technology there is invisibility but who knows what else?

That's cool. 

I think the ancient masters may have been very literal when referring to the golden elixir. But one can not leave out other important aspects to the cultivation of the elixir because that's just not daoist. Daoist are very much into knowing the time, directions, stars and planets of cultivating.

But then again I dont hear much on the 8 fairies either.

http://taiwanreview.nat.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=173042&CtNode=1220

According to Chinese tradition, the Eight Fairies were human-beings who had achieved immortality through constant practice of Taoist esoteric discipline. 

So when you see things like 8 fairies fist or something like that its referring to this. ;)

Edited by JinlianPai

In the Golden Lotus system there is the Gum Guang (gold light) seated meditations.

The seated meditations will cause one to see gold in their mind when they meditate. The seated meds connect you to the earth. The standing moving meds connect you to saturn which in chinese feng shui is the manifestation of the earth element in nature.

Together these will cause one to have a powerful golden energy.

Now when one starts the gold light meds one will not see gold right away which is the shen being cultivated. In the beginning one will see blue orange and then gold.

After a short time of practicing the golden lotus system the earth itself will start to charge you.

In that respect its very similar to the golden dragon system but just no connection to the guardian of the earth. 

The seated meds are the prep for the moving meds.

In the Golden Lotus system there is the Gum Guang (gold light) seated meditations.

The seated meditations will cause one to see gold in their mind when they meditate. The seated meds connect you to the earth. The standing moving meds connect you to saturn which in chinese feng shui is the manifestation of the earth element in nature.

Together these will cause one to have a powerful golden energy.

Now when one starts the gold light meds one will not see gold right away which is the shen being cultivated. In the beginning one will see blue orange and then gold.

After a short time of practicing the golden lotus system the earth itself will start to charge you.

In that respect its very similar to the golden dragon system but just no connection to the guardian of the earth. 

The seated meds are the prep for the moving meds.

Because of the very very close similarities between gold dragon and gold lotus practices the gold lotus and all practices derived from it are held in such high regard.

The gold light seated meds have much in common with the experiences one gets from practicing the secret of the golden flower except for a few things like the eye rolling.

The interesting thing to note here is that gold is the universal expression of the earth element in the universe.

Dear JinlianPai,

can you say me exactly to which school you belong and where I can read about it?

Innersoundqigong who is old or ancient Qi Gong Master to which you fefer in your posts?

I think that we can speak more precisly about Golden Elixir if we turn to Wai Dan in Daoism and what Master Ge Hong write in his books and antologys of Immortals.

In another tread about Golden Immortals I mentioned that after Golden Elixri there is secret step and this is Purple Elixir.This is same in Wai Dan and Nei Dan,and I mention that I find one Master who show above him such purple light.Here is his website:

All the best,

Ormus

Dear JinlianPai,

can you say me exactly to which school you belong and where I can read about it?

Innersoundqigong who is old or ancient Qi Gong Master to which you fefer in your posts?

I think that we can speak more precisly about Golden Elixir if we turn to Wai Dan in Daoism and what Master Ge Hong write in his books and antologys of Immortals.

In another tread about Golden Immortals I mentioned that after Golden Elixri there is secret step and this is Purple Elixir.This is same in Wai Dan and Nei Dan,and I mention that I find one Master who show above him such purple light.Here is his website:

All the best,

Ormus

I practice golden lotus and my teacher is no longer with us he only taught it to 5-6 people so its not like a big thing or something.

There also seems to be some misunderstanding in this.

Golden energy of the earth is what is being used its not just earth chi.

There are 2 parts of the earth element.

1. Is the earth element in the universe which isnt as yin for it is the earth element energy that is outside in the universe 

2. The actual earth itself which broadcast a very strong earth element to us because it is the center of our life. So universal earth element is strong and expressed thru the planet but it is the center expression of the earth element so it is more yin.

Both of the energies are golden. One is yin and one is yang

You will not be a immortal with out both.

And you need to connect to earth as center before you connect to the earth element in the universe.

The path is the center.

So what this is like from a first hand experience is that connection with the earth will make your aura and energy golden and the earth will heal and charge you. 

This is earth yin

Earth Yang will let you manifest the golden energy which correlates more to actual gold.

Gold is the representation of the earth element in the universe.

When you work with earth yang it creates a powerful golden vibration thru the body that is almost euphoric. 

you must work with earth yin so you can handle earth yang.

This is the Golden Earth Immortal only second to the golden dragon.

Now lets get into heavenly immortals this is represented by the Azure Dragon or sky dragon.

The Azure dragon works with east sunrise liver gallbladder and thunder and sky.

Some ancient taoist believed that since heaven rules earth that the thunder practices of the east were more important than the golden dragon.

but this is incorrect 

The golden earth energy has wide reaching implications its direction is center. Center of life center of earth center of the tao.

as the lopan suggest

bagua.jpg

This is how the confusion of heaven immortals and earth immortals began.

Yes with the azure dragon practice or any practice derived from it the sky will heal and charge you but it isnt the center of all so it is not above the golden earth immortal.

But this goes into some history 

As the Azure Dragon and Golden Dragon are both dragons.  :D

One of earth and one of heaven

This has been a long standing issue that continues till this day...

To the point where u have practitioners thinking the Zhen qi is the golden elixir.

Now if the Azure Dragon practice makes so the sky itself heals and charges you what do you think happens eventually that is intune with the Azure dragon?

All alchemic thunder practices of the east come from this.....

The Sky dragon of the east has always sought power of the golden dragon who is the source of all elements.

Edited by JinlianPai