Sign in to follow this  
Henchman21

Powpow the Tao or Dao right meow

Hello, bums!

It has been about 10 years since I actually practiced anything. The past 3 weeks I have been meditating daily, and have been keeping a notebook to track my endeavours. After being linked here via some google search results and reading some well-written posts by you bums, I have been inspired to make an account and perhaps post queries and run on sentences...

When I was 15 I learned the full tai chi form from empty mind, full belly (I was ...impressed? That this organization was all black, but that's an aside.) They taught me the yang jia michuan style, which is yang family hidden tradition. Of this I nary practiced a day.

A couple years later I took a qigong course from the same gym (the monkey bar on willy street in madison) and the instructor there got me to come to his shaolin kempo classes. The next couple years I was a total dojo rat, going to classes up to 6 times a week. I really loved the smell of my own farts was the level of kung fu I accomplished. Then I discovered illicit drugs and alcohol, lost all of my superpowers, became sober until I met my wife, had some kids, and got really fat.

And here I am today, 10 years of neglect, 30 years young, counting my first gray hair, having read all the books by mantak chia and yang jwing-ming. Training err'y day. Gonna build that foundation and get my kung fu skillz back, and hopefully build and observe martial morality this time so when I regain my demigod talents I will not abuse them and hit rock bottom ever again.

The only attainment that I would like to aggrandize is that I subconsciously have had the tip of my tongue to my palate since I was 15 years old. You would think after 15 years of that my MCO would be overfilling, but alas, my tantien is not even full. Let alone having cleared all of the major points along the governor channel.

I have also dabbled a lot in seminal retention. My record is 50 days. Today is day 14. I do not try to circulate any energy, because my ability to concentrate is very shallow. But still, I feel that this practice is the most beneficial way to increase the quality of energy so long as I back it up with the proper exercises. These include the 6 healing sounds, twice daily meditations, and lots of self acupressure including stimulation of the 'external kidneys.'

I look forward to sharing any breakthroughs I have, and reading all the posts here. Glad to see some well thought out, non troll forums still existing on the interwebz.

Thank you

• Like 2

Hello Henchman21, and welcome to the forums!

Glad you found your way to us and thank you for that exemplary introduction, it was a good read!  :-)

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TDB team

• Like 1

I don't often check these intro posts but your title was all but impossible to ignore.

Hi ^_^

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.  You've got some pretty good credentials, grey hair and all. :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this