manitou

A bold voice in Baltimore

No, nothing has changed, except maybe for the worse.  Yes, I will say for the worse.  The lower and middle classes in America are becoming poorer with fewer opportunities for secure, long-term employment.

• Like 2

When it comes to the Amends of Step 7, there would seem to be a lot of room for creativity here.  We are dealing with our DNA - the ancestral guilt contained within, particularly on the Caucasian side.  I was horrified to realize that one of my ancestors was a slave-ship builder in Massachusetts in 1700 - and today, the way I live with that is to give $200 a month to the 2nd Baptist Church in town, attend services periodically to get to know the lovely people there.  I think, because of the DNA thing, the Caucasian populous must 'know' within their psyche, that there is due some payback, some karma, from the harms done in the past.  Heck, required reading for us in the '50s at my high school was "The Confessions of Nat Turner".  Talk about terrifying, and yet there is a whole generation of folks like me who had to read that book as a requirement.

I don't think this subconscious fear of retaliation can be resolved within white people unless there is a form of restitution offered, as a purgative to white souls; and until the fear of retaliation is removed from the subconscious, the white cops will always be true to their initial DNA response, unless very well trained.

quote-if-all-you-have-is-a-hammer-everyt

White-Guilt Baby Boomer racial-profiling racism...lulz...

aa-Dees-media-brainwashing-300x266.jpg

Well, you will be happy to know that due to the public witch hunt, all the "White" cops involved have now been charged with crimes up to murder, for the driver, Officer Caesar Goodson

2838E8A600000578-3064698-image-m-4_14305

It was a pretty diverse gang of "racist White" cops - with 3 White males, 2 Black males & 1 Black female - who all couldn't help but react according to their ancestral White guilt DNA response...lol. :lol:

2836003900000578-3064698-As_people_cheer

But, now all these Caucasian pigs will be brought to justice for their racial hate crime!  Hallelujah!!!

aa316663a2514813750f6a7067003a6c.jpg

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

cover%20of%20time_zpsx3ekogpd.jpg

hmmmm,,,just like cnn wolf blitzer calling baltimore a war zone, when only rocks were being thrown..

they must be prophets?? of the ministry of propaganda and/or urban planning. baltimore did go beyond throwing stones, but a war zone? really? and for a couple of days at that.

so now 2015 is the new 1968? 

if these prophets are right again?? serious bad shit coming down.

like how they always do, the song remains the same,

i expect a return of the military draft,tbh

They always want to export,,imf world bank will lower the unemployment rate.

stimulus done played out, party over,,brace yourself

"What's Different?"  buffalo springfield will have to change a lyric or 2

example>> there's a man with a drone over there,,telling me , i got to beware.......

edit>> will post on what r u listening to thread,,,

Edited by zerostao

It was a pretty diverse gang of "racist White" cops - with 3 White males, 2 Black males & 1 Black female - who all couldn't help but react according to their ancestral White guilt DNA response...lol. :lol:

As one who has spent many years as an officer of a large city Department, please know that the black and Hispanic officers on the forces merely follow the dictates of their training and their training officers. The lower number of black and latino cops keeps them in the minority on the job, and they have no choice but to go along - believe me, there is racism within the departments as well.

• Like 3

Same thing in the Army.

Not the modern Army by any means.

We're trying to be convinced here that the 3 black officers were in the minority amidst the 3 other officers...and that they weren't able to question their own actions for themselves, because as the minority they just have to follow along with what's obviously racist and murderous?

Come on now.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 2

As one who has spent many years as an officer of a large city Department, please know that the black and Hispanic officers on the forces merely follow the dictates of their training and their training officers. The lower number of black and latino cops keeps them in the minority on the job, and they have no choice but to go along - believe me, there is racism within the departments as well.

Yea, but you specifically assumed (racially-profiled) all the cops as being White with genetic racial bias in their DNA.  (Which I suppose is akin to assuming all the looters were Black with looting in their DNA?)  I suppose that is certainly not impossible, but was clearly disproven in this instance at least.

At this juncture, you could have stopped to question your own prefab beliefs and mistaken bias...or doubled-down and looked for a new loophole to preserve your worldview and self-worth derived from your racial Rescuer role.

maxresdefault.jpg

So, with option #2...you chose to pass the buck on up to some assumed White superior.  In this case, it presumably then stopped at the highest-ranking cop on the Baltimore force there - Police Commissioner Anthony Batts?

635660380909440071-AP-BALTIMORE-POLICE-D

Problem for you then, is that's he's also Black (and previously married to a Democratic Congresswoman, no less), not White.  Again, this does not support your Baby Boomer racial bias.

So again, you reach the same crossroads...  Self-inquiry or pass the buck on again until you can finally "prove" your own belief to be "true?"

Who's next then...the US Attorney General?

united-states-attorney-loretta-e-lynch.j

No...then the President?

Presbo.jpg

Your move. :D

We're trying to be convinced here that the 3 black officers were in the minority amidst the 3 other officers...and that they weren't able to question their own actions for themselves, because as the minority they just have to follow along with what's obviously racist and murderous?

Again, this dynamic is the classic Karpman Drama Triangle - that defies clear logic in favor of tortured emotional drama.

Drama-Triangle-P.png

In this instance, Sgt. Manitou's Bleeding Hearts Club Band play the Rescuer...Blacks are the blameless Victims who can do no wrong and Whites are the Persecutors who can do no right (always ultimately at fault, no matter what).

So, for manitou to ever hold any Black "victim" self-responsible/at fault or exonerate any White "persecutor," would require her to relinquish her Rescuer role - and primary source of self-worth.  But until she realizes her own innate self-worth, this is not likely to ever happen...and she will actually keep enabling and perpetuating this miserable triangle of mass dysfunction!

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

Not the modern Army by any means.

Are you sure about that?

Come on now.

Yep.  I smell Bullshit. 

• Like 1

We seem to be touching on racial profiling and I will state right up front that the concept sucks as does our "affirmative action" policies of the past forty years.

And BTW, the senior ranking officer in this affair is black and I read an article that stated that this officer had spent time in a hospital for mental illness.

Blacks do it to their own people just as much as any other group of people do.

We need to keep reality in perspective.

• Like 1

the concept sucks as does our "affirmative action" policies of the past forty years.

The funny thing is that the same guilt-tripping Baby Boomers who pushed for 50 years of "affirmative action" restitution now...which led to more underqualified workers by prioritizing diversity over merit...then complained when this led to companies eventually hiring more qualified & efficient homogeneous Chinese overseas instead.

It turned out that in the end, in the globally-competitive "free market," VALUE (worth/cost) is the top criteria and "diversity" is effectively irrelevant by comparison.

redherring.gif

As may be evidenced by the death spiraling bottom line of the Baby Boomer reign:

history.gif

Edited by gendao

The funny thing is ...

I didn't want to repeat the entire paragraph and I didn't want to say that myself but I suppose it is something that needed to be said as it is a factor that has led us to where we are now.

• Like 1

gendao, i think your focus on baby boomers needs re-examined. a baby boomer demographic are those born is usa from 1946-1964. so how could baby boomers be making policy for the past fifty years? at the oldest, they would have been 18 when the the civil rights changes, affirmative action, integration of public schools etc came into effect.

ben affleck, who feels awkward about a 6 generation removed ancestor, was born in 1972.

i really think the idea that it is the baby boomer generation at the center of the racial climate is erroneous.

edit> i do agree with most of your parenting commentary. fractured families is definitely an issue.

and an issue that goes beyond this thread.

i just dont agree that this is all caused by the baby boomers.

edit> i dont even see the issue being a racial issue, does it matter if i am in the baby boomer generation or not? 

second edit> a trillion $ aint what it used to be either. we wish we were 9 or 19 trillion in debt. but who's counting. 18 trillion is the so called "national debt' and in no way truly represents the level of debt of the usa. hint, actual american held debt is much much higher. 

obama tax cuts increased the national debt 53%

dubya's tax cuts  and war funding increased the national debt 101%

clinton increased the national debt 32%

old man bush increased the national debt 54 % and he was a one term president.

reagan increased the national debt 186%

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

Seems that the conservatives aren't very conservative anymore.

Edited by Marblehead

A minority of participants in this thread are advocating 'Social Darwinism' i.e, Ayn Rand Objectivism, which is contrary to how species evolve. Altruism among species/groups is the only means of survival for the benefit of the group. The selfish indvidual at the expense of the group is an epic fail.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/altruism-biological/

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/10656-focus-the-horrors-of-an-ayn-rand-world

Partial quote and the rest can be read at the link.

An Objectivist America would be a dark age of unhindered free enterprise, far more primitive and Darwinian than anything seen before.

rsn-T.jpghere is no real doubt what an Objectivist America would mean. We may not be around to see it, but it's likely we'll be here for its earliest manifestations. They may have already arrived.

The shape of a future Objectivist world has been a matter of public record for the past half century, since Ayn Rand, the Brandens, Alan Greenspan, and other Objectivist theoreticians began to set down their views in Objectivist newsletters. When he casually defended repeal of child labor laws in the debate with Miles Rapoport, Yaron Brook [President of the Ayn Rand Institute] was merely repeating long- established Objectivist doctrine, summarized by Leonard Peikoff as “Government is inherently negative.” It is a worldview that has been static through the decades, its tenets reiterated endlessly by Rand and her apostles:

No government except the police, courts of law, and the armed services.

No regulation of anything by any government.

No Medicare or Medicaid.

No Social Security.

No public schools.

No public hospitals.

No public anything, in fact. Just individuals, each looking out for himself, not asking for help or giving help to anyone.

An Objectivist America would be a dark age of unhindered free enterprise, far more primitive and Darwinian than anything seen before. Objectivists know this. What perhaps they do not always appreciate, given their less than fanatical approach to reality, is what turning back the clock would mean. Or perhaps they do not care.

When Alan Greenspan spoke out against building codes, he knew perfectly well what a lack of adequate building and fire codes would mean. Fifteen years before his birth, 146 people, mostly young women, were burned alive or leaped to their death from the fire at the Triangle Waist Factory just east of Washington Square Park in New York City. There was no requirement for employers to provide a safe workplace, so none was provided. Triangle's owners crammed their employees into crowded workspaces without proper exits, and inadequate fire codes meant that the fire stairways were insufficient. The result was that dozens of workers' corpses piled on the sidewalk on March 25, 1911. Anywhere in the world where building codes are inadequate or absent, the result is always the same: Dead people.......

Come on now.

Notice how Baby Boomers quickly lost interest in this story once they found out that half the cops were actually Black, and it thus no longer neatly fit their circa-60s agitprop... :lol:

Yet the predictable real-life aftermath of such one-sided bias out on the streets today has been extremely destructive to all parties (but not worth an ounce of their sympathy or impassioned rallying cries).

Baltimore gets bloodier as arrests drop post-Freddie Gray

A 31-year-old woman and a young boy were shot in the head Thursday, becoming Baltimore's 37th and 38th homicide victims so far this month, the city's deadliest in 15 years.

The most recent killings claimed the lives of Jennifer Jeffrey and her 7-year-old son, Kester Anthony Browne. They were identified by Jeffrey's sister, Danielle Wilder.

Jeffrey and her son were found dead early Thursday, each from gunshot wounds to the head.

Thursday's deaths continue a grisly and dramatic uptick in homicides across Baltimore that has so far claimed the lives of 38 people. Meanwhile, arrests have plunged: Police are booking fewer than half the number of people they pulled off the streets last year.

Arrests were already declining before Freddie Gray died on April 19 of injuries he suffered in police custody, but they dropped sharply thereafter, as his death unleashed protests, riots, the criminal indictment of six officers and a full-on civil rights investigation by the U.S. Justice Department that has officers working under close scrutiny.

"I'm afraid to go outside," said Antoinette Perrine, whose brother was shot down three weeks ago on a basketball court near her home in the Harlem Park neighborhood of West Baltimore. Ever since, she has barricaded her door and added metal slabs inside her windows to deflect gunfire.

"It's so bad, people are afraid to let their kids outside," Perrine said. "People wake up with shots through their windows. Police used to sit on every corner, on the top of the block. These days? They're nowhere."

West Baltimore residents worry they've been abandoned by the officers they once accused of harassing them, leaving some neighborhoods like the Wild West without a lawman around.

"Before it was over-policing. Now there's no police," said Donnail "Dreads" Lee, 34, who lives in the Gilmor Homes, the public housing complex where Gray, 25, was chased down. "People feel as though they can do things and get away with it. I see people walking with guns almost every single day, because they know the police aren't pulling them up like they used to."

"What is happening, there is a lot of levels of confusion in the police organization. There are people who have pain, there are people who are hurt, there are people who are frustrated, there are people who are angry," Batts said. "There are people, and they've said this to me, 'If I get out of my car and make a stop for a reasonable suspicion that leads to probable cause but I make a mistake on it, will I be arrested?' They pull up to a scene and another officer has done something that they don't know, it may be illegal, will they be arrested for it? Those are things they are asking."

The Baltimore Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 3 on Thursday posted a statement from President Gene Ryan on social media saying that the police are "under siege."

"The criminals are taking advantage of the situation in Baltimore since the unrest," Ryan wrote. "(Police) are more afraid of going to jail for doing their jobs properly than they are of getting shot on duty."

Baltimore was seeing a slight rise in homicides this year even before Gray's death April 19. But the 38 homicides so far in May is a major spike, after 22 in April, 15 in March, 13 in February and 23 in January.

With one weekend still to go, May 2015 is already the deadliest month in 15 years, surpassing the November 1999 total of 36.

Ten of May's homicides happened in the Western District, which has had as many homicides in the first five months of this year as it did all of last year.

Non-fatal shootings are spiking as well — 91 so far in May, 58 of them in the Western District.

The mayor said her office is "examining" the relationship between the homicide spike and the dwindling arrest rate.

Even before Gray's death, police were making between 25 and 28 percent fewer arrests each month than they made in the same month last year. But so far in May, arrests are down roughly 56 percent. Police booked just 1,045 people in the first 19 days of May, an average of 55 a day. In the same time period last year, police arrested 2,396 people, an average of 126 a day.

In fact, police did not make any arrests in the triple digits between April 22 and May 19, except on two occasions: On April 27, when protests gave way to rioting, police arrested 246 people. On May 2, the last day of a city-wide curfew, police booked 140 people.

At a news conference Wednesday, Rawlings-Blake said there are "a lot of reasons why we're having a surge in violence."

"Other cities that have experienced police officers accused or indicted of crimes, there's a lot of distrust and a community breakdown," Rawlings-Blake said. "The result is routinely increased violence."

The founder and director of the University of Maryland Center for Health and Homeland Security, the spike in homicides is more likely a response to Gray's death and the rioting.

"We went through a period of such intense anger that the murder rate got out of control. I think it's been really hard for the police to keep on top of that," he said.

Lee disagrees. He says rival gang members are taking advantage of the police reticence to settle old scores.

"There was a shooting down the street, and the man was standing in the middle of the street with a gun, just shooting," Lee added. "Usually, you can't walk up and down the street drinking or smoking weed. Now, people are everywhere smoking weed, and police just ride by, look at you, and keep going. There used to be police on every corner. I don't think they'll be back this summer."

Veronica Edmonds, a 26-year-old mother of seven in the Gilmor Homes, said she wishes the police would return, and focus on violent crime rather than minor drug offenses.

And now for the victim's payoff and enabling reward:

Baltimore seeks more federal aid in face of murder surge

Baltimore police are seeking more federal help in the face of a sharp upturn in murders fueled by drug turf wars, Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said on Wednesday.

Batts said that 27 pharmacies and two methadone clinics had been broken into since rioting, arson and looting erupted on April 27 hours after Gray's funeral.

"There's enough narcotics on the streets of Baltimore to keep it intoxicated for a year," he said at a news conference flanked by federal and state police officials.

"That amount of drugs has thrown off the balance" between gangs in the city, he said.

Baltimore posted 43 murders in May, the highest monthly total since 1972. Batts said he was requesting more federal agents and prosecutors to help fight the upturn in crime.

one man had been arrested for the shooting deaths of a 27-year-old man and a 9-year-old boy over the May 23-25 Memorial Day weekend.

So 43 more killed now, yet no Boomer cares to know their names.  Because they not only don't confirm their bias...but somewhat counter it.  And the city will now get rewarded with more money, while still turning a blind Boomer eye...

Hmm, race riots, blamed "responsible taxpayer" flight, tax money pit & death spiral...sound familar?

Edited by gendao
  • Like 2

Unintended consequences are a bitch.  the ones gendao talks about were pretty predictable though.   its a bad cycle that spirals down. 

• Like 1

The prosecutor has obtained grand jury indictments against the cops that murdered Freddie Gray.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/breaking-grand-jury-indicts-baltimore-cops-for-assault-and-manslaughter-against-freddie-gray/

Ironically, she was also the one who had specifically ORDERED her cops to crack down on that specific drug-dealing corner to begin with...

kelly_mosby_060915.jpg

Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby asked police officers to target and patrol the area where Freddie Gray was arrested

Megyn Kelly said that a staff member in Mosby's office sent an email to the Baltimore Police Department to direct officers on behalf of the prosecutor to "crack down on the exact area" where Gray was arrested

The order was then passed along to the officers who worked in that area.

Trace Gallagher reported that Mosby asked police to target the North Avenue and Mount Street area after she received a series of pictures showing various drug deals happening at that intersection.

So, the plot thickens again...but angry mobs in a rush to judgment don't gots no time for an actual case investigation or pesky complexity.  Just reduce everything to a catchy agitprop soundbite and start waving signs for the TV crews to exploit this for all it's worth, people!!! :lol:

Edited by gendao

Remember too that most American's attention span is about 12 minutes.  That is why TV advertises every 12 minutes or so.

Maybe something good will come from this but at the moment I just don't see how.

Remember too that most American's attention span is about 12 minutes.  That is why TV advertises every 12 minutes or so.

Maybe something good will come from this but at the moment I just don't see how.

the art community has been mobilized and ready to go. yes, there will be some jobs for those who otherwise had little chance of a job. use of metaphor always works. prepare the way, creativity coming thru

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/can-the-arts-save-baltimore/2015/06/10/d43108ae-f3ff-11e4-b2f3-af5479e6bbdd_story.html

• Like 1

Actual results on the streets of this Looney Boomer activism:

After years of declining crime, a spike in city violence

Houston, St. Louis, New Orleans and Baltimore have all seen significant spikes in the number of homicides this year. The totals are up in other cities, too, including New York and Chicago.

In Los Angeles, the number of slayings dropped slightly, but the number of shooting victims jumped more than 18 percent. And in Milwaukee, a homicide on Wednesday put the total for the year at 84 — just two fewer than happened in all of 2014.

But concern is growing that the increase could reflect a confluence of recent shifts, including deepening distrust of police that leads people to settle disputes themselves, officers who are afraid of being second-guessed and court rulings that make it easier than ever to own a gun.

After six officers were charged in Gray's death, the number of arrests plummeted — a drop that raised questions about whether angry or fearful officers were slowing down their activity on the streets.

Homicides skyrocketed, making May the city's deadliest month in more than 40 years.

Other reasons apply more broadly. Police departments all over the country have closely watched the legal attack on stop-and-frisk tactics in New York and the city's subsequent decision to drop its appeal of a ruling by a judge who found the tactic sometimes discriminated against minorities.

"Maybe we don't want hundreds of thousands of people stopped and frisked to get a few guns, and maybe we will have to accept that murders are going to go up 10 percent," said Peter Moskos, a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. "I don't know, (but) we really do have to talk about the trade-offs."

Less policing = more crime & murders. Worthy trade-off?

The mayor of Baltimore who ordered the police to give rioters room to destroy as they wished has now fired the city's top cop. Yesterday, someone poured a cup of water on the mayor's head and she had the woman arrested and charged with assault.

• Like 1