Aetherous

Where do jobs come from?

Everyone loves gentrification

I know, i know. 

Somehow a balance must be reached.  A place gets unlivable when its ghetto-fied, and unliveable when prices soar beyond the everyday man.  Chicago has tried to balance it with requirements of low income/inexpensive housing built for every newer expensive condo thats put up.  

Where economics fail, legislation can or should step in to keep a balance.  When it works its symbiotic relation too.  Quaint stores and cafes need workers.   Places like Starbucks offer health benefits and even tuition reimbursement.

• Like 1

Jobs come from desires. One person wishes to exchange personal energy with another person in order to mutually satisfy separate desires.

All i have to say is everyone had BETTER [censored] get your god [censored] [censored] acts together and stop contributing to the [censored] cancerous defiler of our planet known as Civilization!  You are all irresponsible [censored] [censoreds] every time you spend a cent, drive an inch, or use non solar electricity!!!!

An extremist philosophy often doesn't work out well in real life.   Today, or a 1,000 years ago, if you refuse to work, you're at the mercy of those who do; and that often works out poorly.

You can learn a trade, get a job and still be an environmentalist - using public transportation, a bike or even a car that get excellent mileage.   Without a job your shifting the work to other people, ie the sidewalk you tred on, the clothes you wear, the food you eat, the room you live in is all being provided by others who built it.  You're not spending a cent, but its being spent for you by others.   Your not using vehicles but your supplies are.

The world is not as fragile as you think it is.  As things get extreme, like the coal use in the late 1800's, we shifted because we had to.  The same is happening now.  We're smart creatures, or rather we do the right thing when all other avenues are closed. 

You can give me magic wand theories of how it'd be better if everyone was different and suddenly agreed with you, but it doesn't accomplish anything, not without some drinks.. then theres a certain drunken entertainment value in it. 

I wrote in another thread you have to harmonize with your environment.  In most of the world that means get a job, even if you find a wonderful commune, you'll be kicked out if you don't work.  Or become a bum, which isn't horrible; I've met some great people who were bums but its a hard life and you're mercy of many circumstances  (even more then most folks). 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

in my neck of the woods, one usually has to create their own job.

"Or become a bum, which isn't horrible; "

not horrible at all, if one is resourceful and creative.

i have never felt at the mercy of workers,,,

"rather we do the right thing when all other avenues are closed. "

often then, and only then  :mellow:

"to harmonize with your environment"

always a good idea

"In most of the world that means get a job"

true if one is not creative enuff to invent their own.

"if your daily life seems poor, do not blame it: blame yourself, tell yourself that you are not poet enough to call forth its riches; for to the creator there is no poverty and no poor indifferent place." rilke

it's true you know

• Like 2

Jobs come from desires. One person wishes to exchange personal energy with another person in order to mutually satisfy separate desires.

Particularly true of jobs in the sex industry.

• Like 2

Particularly true of jobs in the sex industry.

note: in my younger days I was usually willing to work for free.

There's always somebody who wants something doing. We moved to this small seaside hamlet last October when I retired. Come January I was bored off my bits doing nothing all day. So I started up a little window cleaning business and advertised it in the Parish Magazine that goes out free to most homes here. Now I'm busy via that advert plus customer recommendation. There's plenty of work out there if you go and look for it.

Apologies in advance for the sarcasm, but:

Yeah, a quiet seaside hamlet sounds just like the Baltimore ghetto.

:mellow:

It's not just that there's always somebody who wants something doing. I will suggest that there is always something that can be done -- for oneself or others. The problem is that modern humans rely on education to know anything about anything, and when people are not being raised or educated well from a very young age, and they live in a place where many people are poor, and many are addicted to drugs, and there is a constant threat of violence in the neighbourhood, it really isn't enough to say "There's plenty of work out there kid, just go out and look for it." Even with the best intentions, many will not be able to lift themselves out of that place, and though many will find work, for a large number it will be in not-very-nice occupations.

What is needed is education. Long term thinking.

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 2

note: in my younger days I was usually willing to work for free.

yes, I think I saw your advert, on a wall with the phone number next to it  ...  devil.png

yes, I think I saw your advert, on a wall with the phone number next to it  ...  devil.png

any stars next to it?  B)

An extremist philosophy often doesn't work out well in real life.   Today, or a 1,000 years ago, if you refuse to work, you're at the mercy of those who do; and that often works out poorly.

You can learn a trade, get a job and still be an environmentalist - using public transportation, a bike or even a car that get excellent mileage.   Without a job your shifting the work to other people, ie the sidewalk you tred on, the clothes you wear, the food you eat, the room you live in is all being provided by others who built it.  You're not spending a cent, but its being spent for you by others.   Your not using vehicles but your supplies are.

The world is not as fragile as you think it is.  As things get extreme, like the coal use in the late 1800's, we shifted because we had to.  The same is happening now.  We're smart creatures, or rather we do the right thing when all other avenues are closed. 

You can give me magic wand theories of how it'd be better if everyone was different and suddenly agreed with you, but it doesn't accomplish anything, not without some drinks.. then theres a certain drunken entertainment value in it. 

I wrote in another thread you have to harmonize with your environment.  In most of the world that means get a job, even if you find a wonderful commune, you'll be kicked out if you don't work.  Or become a bum, which isn't horrible; I've met some great people who were bums but its a hard life and you're mercy of many circumstances  (even more then most folks). 

Again, the underlying assumption is that so much work is necessary. which most of it is not. it all revolves around desires.

There is no personal accountability in working a job that pays you a check every week/month. In most cases, you're only doing it to survive, not for the actual results of said work.

So instead of waiting for all avenues to close off from our irresponsibility, why cant we just adapt to our world instead of altering it to suit our desires (not even our needs FFS!)????

Again, the underlying assumption is that so much work is necessary. which most of it is not. it all revolves around desires.

In traditional culture here, good season, good country, about 2 - 3 hours a day on food gathering and hunting. Throw in a few extra ones on shelter when a camp moves.  The rest of the time is culture, family, 'crafts' and tool making.

There is no personal accountability in working a job that pays you a check every week/month. In most cases, you're only doing it to survive, not for the actual results of said work.

And often no 'soul ' development / expression associated with it. 

So instead of waiting for all avenues to close off from our irresponsibility, why cant we just adapt to our world instead of altering it to suit our desires (not even our needs FFS!)????

That depends on how 'friendly' the world is.

EPAMakingGunya.jpg

:) 

typhoon-1.jpg?itok=SAwjUmMr

:(

Adapt to the world??  Like be an air breather.  Congrads evolution-ally speaking your adapted.  Adapt to our society, that means educate yourself, get a job.  Cause we need food, shelter, clothes and modicum of creature comforts and its not going to be just given to us for free (actually it kinda can, but it'll be crappy).  We generally have to work for it.  Choose not to and you're at the mercy of others charity. 

Or find a society that will accept someone who doesn't seem to want to work, unless its soul fulfilling, without karmic repercussions at any level and probably a few other conditions.  Good luck.  Without the right mindset most work is hard and boring.  With the right set its alright. 

In this world you've got alternatives.. but they're not always great and they're not unlimited.  Matter of fact as you get older, they tend to get fewer.  Its possible to pick off the menu but you'd better be talented and hard working.  On the bright side,  opportunities  appear if you keep your eye out for them and are ready to seize them.  The world can throws breaks every now and then, though generally not on command.

Bottom line for all of us is, what are the realistic alternatives, we can pick the best, work to make it right with us, or suffer what's left.  Wishing on a star only works in Disney and then only if your made of wood.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

God bless people who find there nitch and live simply.  It can be done.  If thats your dream, then I hope you find it. 

I've read about a great 'bum' who lived in California, a mild climate who lived happily in a shack, did odd jobs when he needed money and mostly enjoyed himself and lived for the Tao.  Again, god bless, that great. 

Couple years ago I picked up a hitch hiker, classic vagrant; looked like something out of Mad Max, skilled at out door living, walking a couple hundred miles to over winter in Southern California.  Freedom, but its a hard life, he was walking with 30 or more pounds of gear.  He had my total respect and I learned a lot from him.   He was a very tough guy and led a tough life but it was his own terms and he didn't complain about it.  At least not to me. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

any stars next to it?  B)

nah .

I reckon   grafitti that reads

" For a good time ring ........ ....   and ask for 'The Learner'

isnt gonna get that many stars    :D

Edited by Nungali

heh....  this planet is ALL our home.  not just mine.

However, if im the only one willing and ready to cull the human "Civil" herd to protect the planet from this devistating defiler species, then so be it. i will take sole responsibility for all those who have irresponsibly mated, and "progressively" built upon the lands.

If you dont think it's RIGHT to cull the herd, then you are wrong to think its okay NOT to cull the herd when the very planet is wounded by said herd!

Welcome to the problem, congrats for contributing to making it worse! You'll be my responsibility if you dont become your own, and you DO NOT WANT M E to take responsibility for anyone but myself.

it will not be kind, forgiving, tolerant, or pretty.

So please, before i lose every iota of patience i have, please.     take responsibility for yourselves and your descendants.  clean up the planet, abolish civilization and "convenient creature comfort dependency".
if this world turns into idocracy, im going berserk.