Sign in to follow this  
shanlung

I tried very hard

I recalled seeing this thread on tea and tea drinking.

Mentioned was in there of tea on mountains of Taiwan and the preparation of the tea there.

Then a while ago, I came across an old photo I taken many years ago.

With a group of tea pluckers of mountain tea in Taiwan in the background.

I tried to search for that tea thread to insert that photo.

Damnn!

Just cannot find that thread.

When there are roses to smell and images to conjure as to whats under the black abaya and hijab , and the rare Friday of the week, I cannot search anymore.

So here is the photo of Taiwanese tea pluckers after their morning work.  At Alishan mountain, on the way to LungYen (Dragon Eye Pavilion)

http://www.shanlung.com/w9Volitionalrecall.htm  (with some photos of tea gardens there)

and Tinkerbell Revisited - Pavilion beyond Dragon's Eye once again.

Idiotic Taoist - yearning for a cup of Wulung and sweet images of flesh and skin under the black

29855037_f01d225a91_b.jpg

29855648_a05e3e746c_b.jpg

Edited by shanlung
  • Like 5

You have got to be the smartest parrot of all time. Is anyone else amazed how this bird can type and drive a motorcycle???

• Like 4

I recalled seeing this thread on tea and tea drinking.

Mentioned was in there of tea on mountains of Taiwan and the preparation of the tea there.

Then a while ago, I came across an old photo I taken many years ago.

With a group of tea pluckers of mountain tea in Taiwan in the background.

I tried to search for that tea thread to insert that photo.

Damnn!

Just cannot find that thread.

Maybe this one?

Mountain Teas

You have got to be the smartest parrot of all time. Is anyone else amazed how this bird can type and drive a motorcycle???

Tinkerbell much smarter than that.

She got me to wait on her hand and foot, wings and claws.

No need for her to type as she got me to type and to ferry her about.

She did her part too.  She rode shotgun in front.  Probably her wings hiding the heat that she packing.

Maybe this one?

Mountain Teas

Yes yes yes yes!

I thought that was in this forum and I searched high and low for that.

As I said, I tried very hard.

That was almost as elusive as the Tao that I searched for!

So folks reading this thread should go to that Mountain Teas and find the Tao of sipping Wulung tea, preferably from the Mountains of Taiwan.

• Like 4

It looks like she is wearing some kind of purple seatbelt of sorts - a harness?

Tinkerbell had on Tinkerbell UltraLite Harness

Plagiarised from 

Ramadan & Kitties on beach// Chess -1st Saturday IM Tournament // Tinkerbell Harness for Piper

The harness design that I started in 2002 and given freely to all around the world asking only for a donation to Durell Wildlife Trust or other Wildlife Trust of your choice.

I again request that of you who are going to make Tinkerbell harness. Be generous to our wildlife that share our planet. They need us more than ever.

Tinkerbell harness was last refined in June 2005 and recorded into my blog here

‘Tinkerbell revisited - meeting with Tsaoling bird whisperer and quirks of harness design’

http://shanlung.livejournal.com/11424.html

2 photos of Tinkerbell in her harness below taken from blog above

29858694_f3cca92b7b_b.jpg

29857023_68a723ae27_b.jpg

That had been hijacked and copied into a commercial harness that claimed 8 or 9 patents around Sept 2005 that claimed that their harness is the ‘lightest harness for flighted parrot’ and charging 50 US$. They then had the chutzpah to ‘offer’ me one of their harness .

I want to puke.

But don’t we know people do rob from church poor boxes. What about robbing from the voiceless creatures that I wished some $$ can go to help. But they rather the $$$ go into their bank that they can go laughing to.

And what with multimillion aire bankers flogging useless derivatives to rob billions from pensionfunds so that they can get their multimillion bonuses?

Or that 35 year old rigging LIBOR rates so he can get millions in bonus?

Or someone with pointy elbows  claiming the mantle of  Wang Chongyang to milk money and accolades from his devoted minions or that plagiariser Deng  of John Blofeld who combined  what he stole with the D grade pulp fiction trash to create his Tao of this and Tao of that 

(thedaobums.com/topic/27637-deng-blofield-works-is-it-ethical/ )

Is greed the Tao of mankind?  If so, let me put back my blinkers and rose tinted glasses.

Idiotic Taoist

I just want to drink when thirsty

and eat when hungrey

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply - always enjoy seeing your site - seeing Dom, hearing about your boy in Chess.

Sweet pics of Tinkerbell!

Thank you, Shanlung.

Not withstanding I had to leave Tinkerbell behind when I left Taiwan in 2004, I been back almost every year to see her.

The last visit was in 2014 and recorded in Tinkerbell2014 . 

And in 2013, Tinkerbell2013 of course.

I actually planned to go in June this year as well with my wife on my 11 weeks on/2 weeks off.  My wife's company busy period is sadly in June and she cannot come with me.  I told my friends in that last visit that the next visit will be with my wife.  Since she cannot come, I am too embarrased to go myself alone this year.

Which is why come friday 5 May, I will be flying off to Amsterdam yet again for my pork chop and my beer there.  My wife too busy to join me.

Idiot on the Path

Sign in to follow this