idiot_stimpy

Bashar - The Alchemist

You're trying to extract the primodrdial spirit (basically...God itself) trapped in matter through the agency of soul, but first the soul needs to be purified through it's own agency, the process is found in nature, give or take a couple of steps depending on who you choose to believe and of course it could all be a lie from the depths of hell.

Ahhh ... well  said ! Thanks for clearing up the confusion .

Waite ?  Now there is a writer that is good for those confused about the subject ... he has such a simple, direct and non pompous way of expression.  

whistling2.gif

• Like 2

So got any actual advice on alchemy. Its seems nobody is prepared to spill the beans.

Contained herein is all the advice you'll need:

AlchemyForums.com

You're trying to extract the primodrdial spirit (basically...God itself) trapped in matter through the agency of soul, but first the soul needs to be purified through it's own agency, the process is found in nature, give or take a couple of steps depending on who you choose to believe and of course it could all be a lie from the depths of hell.

haha, I dig.

I agree, either trying to extract the Primordial Spirit from matter, or shake off its Central Salt, or working with fixt Spiritus Mundi, depending on which path you're working.

Edited by kio

IS there very good reason this is coded, or kept secret, or is it an elitist thing?

Whats behind door number one? :D

Edited by noonespecial
  • Like 1

Hey Stimpy, just a thought - if you have no interest in doing lab alchemy, but just following the process, it's better just to stick to the original documents of the Corpus Hermeticum, for a field seemingly so bloated, full of confusion, strange characters and egos, the Corpus Hermeticum is delightfully straight forward - and seems to have much more in common both christianity and chinese internal alchemy than the medieval european fellows.

For instance, the following is From the Divine Poemander (note the underlined seems to refute the very notion of labratory work):

55. I AM Mind itself, and will not suffer operations or Works which belong to the body (matter), to be finished or brought to perfection in them, but being the Porter or Doorkeeper I shut up the entrances of Evil and cut off the thoughtful desires of filthy works.

But to the foolish, and evil, and wicked and envious and covetous and murderous and profance I am far off, giving place to the revenging Demon, which applying unto him the sharpness of fire, tormenteth such a man sensible and armor him the more to all wickedness, that he may obtain the greater punishment (God sends strong delusions to the wicked.)

And such a one never ceases, having unfullfilled desires and unsatisfiable concupiscnces (strong sexual desire; lust) and always fighting in the darkness, for the Demon always afflicts and torments him continually and increaseth fire upon him more and more.

And in the fourth book the whole process is laid out succintly:

46. But the Soul of Man is carried in this way, The Mind is in Reason, Reason is in the Soul, The Soul is in the Spirit, The Spirit in the Body.

The Spirit being diffused goes through the veins, arteries and blood, both moves the creature and after a certain manner bears it.

Some think the Soul to be blood, but are deceived, not knowing that first the spirit must return into the Soul (SOL), then the blood is congealed, and the veins and arteries emptied then the living thing dieth: this is the death of the body.

Edited by noonespecial
  • Like 1

So how could one simply pick one and expect to get anywhere?

UFA

Through an adaptation of the Principles within the Singularity.

For example, Mercury.  In order for 'Mercury' to manifest itself as a substance, it needs three qualities.  It needs to follow the law of the Trinity -- the number of manifestation.  This also applies to the concepts of  Sulphur and Salt.

So realistically there is... 

the Mercury of Mercury, the Sulphur of Mercury, the Salt of Mercury;

the Mercury of Sulphur, the Sulphur of Sulphur, and the Salt of Sulphur;

the Mercury of Salt, the Sulphur of Salt, and the Salt of Salt.

In this case, what noonespecial said is quite valid:

"first the soul needs to be purified through it's own agency"

Remember that the 'three princinples' of Mercury, Sulphur and Salt have no physical correspondence, and are merely an alchemical interpretation of the 'Holy Trinity', much like the 'Three Treasures' of the Daoists.  It's a very common mistake, and a very grave error to assume 'Mercury' means something like alcohol, 'Sulphur' as something like an oil, and 'Salt' as something white and crystalline (although this one is more in line with reality than the others).

In practice, it very much depends on what path you're working, and what matter you're using as a magnet, and how you adapt that magnet within the path you're working.

Edited by kio
  • Like 1

Not going to happen.

Excuse me if my terms arent precise (I'd figure most woul understand), I'm still learning the terminology, but I was refering to the double Mercury.

"This Mercury invades and penetrates, as spirit, the other two principles, Salt and Sulfur (body & soul) which it unites and controls constantly by naturual heat." - Bernard of Treviso

"All our purifications are done in fire, by fire, and with fire" - Fulcanelli

"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!" - Jesus

Edited by noonespecial
  • Like 1

But it is 'coded'  or represented by  the 'interplay' of 'symbol units' in various themes - hence, as some have noticed, the connection to  the 'mythic' or the 'creative soul imaginings'.  They all have a 'language of their own' ... even when words are used to describe  things and processes, in most cases,  they are very cryptic and are usually describing the symbolism. 

IS there very good reason this is coded, or kept secret, or is it an elitist thing?

Once upon a time there was a good reason, now it is an elitist thing.

• Like 1

Actually I think Bashar asked his age to determine how much he had lost his original essence

Emptiness meditations restores this, I think Wang Liping's school also uses emptiness meditation to restore the lost original essence before alchemical process can begin

Edited by flowconduit
  • Like 2

I am only interested in spiritual alchemy.

I would be careful using the word spiritual (I make the mistake as well), because when you feel your feet burning, your blood boiling, likeiwse the cooling of water across your body, and an acidic tingling in the neck and on the crown, dripping from the brow - this is no longer spiritual, this is physcial, it is REAL, albeit internal and difficult to quantify (although my journals are revealing an astrological influnece) this is why it is possibly dangerous, your experimenting with the occult forces and their effects on the body, and once the process starts, you will quickly discover you cannot turn it off, you must carry out the operation like it or not.

On elitism, no one can judge who is genuine and who will pursue the work and who will not - but imo humanity is at such a perilous crossroads, that anyone who shows the slightest interest in things like qabalah and alchemy over football and beer gets a nod from me! God can judge his or her intent later, that is not my job; nor is it my job to deliberatley be an ass or mislead people, but neither can anyone hold your hand.

That being said, at higher levels when things begin to coagulate, unify, and the work takes on a life of it's own, the lines of demarcation blur, and the whole process becomes difficult to quantify and symbolize, one of the philosophers said, when you understand the work you will burn all my books, I could almost say, 'once the work understands you, it will make you burn all your books.' :D

Edited by noonespecial

Excuse my ignorance, but what is QBL?

A fair question. QBL is the Qabalah, the oral transmission. It runs parallel to and complements alchemy. One way of conceptualizing the two is to compare QBL to pure science while alchemy is somewhat akin to physics or engineering. It is probably in the long run more effective than alchemy as an initiatic tradition if one measures this in terms of pure numbers.

Like alchemy, QBL is transmitted from adept to pupil. However, there is much you can (and must) do to prepare yourself. I can offer you some suggested reading.

A Garden of Pomegranates by Israel Regardie is a frequent starting point.

Secret Wisdom of the Kabalah by J Fuller.

Origins of the Kabalah by Gershom Scholem. I studied this perhaps 15 years ago and remember it being a challenging read.

The Tree of Life by Israel Regardie.

For something a bit more guided and experiential, the first five years of the BOTA courses are well regarded (up to, but not including, the "Great Work").

I will offer a few further pieces of advice based on personal experience.

First, the books will lay an intellectual foundation but I should forewarn you that there are many different systems of the QBL and they vary somewhat from teacher to teacher. You may even find that the teacher has two different systems, one which is presented to the novice and another reserved for the practicing student. Point here being that you should remain flexible.

Second, everything you learn may be quickly demolished by practice. The map is not the road. Remain flexible.

Third, the QBL can be taken too far IMO. After many years of study, I determined that gematria held no value for me. I am sure that there are those who have the required inner wiring for this, but I am not one of them. Others build up impressive intellectual edifaces which devolves into religious legalism and I also believe this to be a mistake (one I have made myself). Ultimately, that which one really needs from the QBL is far more limited than one might suppose after reading the many books written on the subject.

Finally, it is my opinion (though not merely my own) that the QBL is not "owned" by the Judaic current, though I believe that theirs has taken on a very discrete form from the western esoteric one. Something to keep in mind as you pursue your studies as the two systems do not seem to me to very compatible.

UFA

• Like 2

This is a really strange comment.

All true spirituality is elitist. How many Buddhas, Lao Tsus or Jesuses are there? The masses despise true spirituality and they worship a twisted version of it. And even among the well-intentioned seekers, there are many who are mislead (most, in fact). It is the nature of the corruptible man to dwell in error and to love this error, even when he is dimly aware of it. It is the nature of reflected man to turn a blind eye to his error and blame it on others or his circumstances.

The "One" must necessarily be omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. This means that the means of attainment are necessarily within everyone's grasp, wherever and whenever they may be. And yet, we do not find the world filled with illuminated beings.

Do you really believe that an all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-present God would prevent those who seek her by this foolishness you call "secrecy"? Who else can be blamed for this but man and his love for ignorance and comfort?

And because of this love of ignorance, the One has instructed the Craftsman to lead the masters and adepts in guiding man out of his ignorance. They have always tried to find true seekers and though they are few and far between, found that few of them were ready to sincerely confront their ignorance, even when the means are placed in their hands, because their love of corruption is so great and insidious.

This thread is ripe with error and ignorance. As if what you seek can be found in a "secret technique" or any intellectual knowledge of any sort. As if anyone else can keep you from wisdom. You cite the writings of others to prove your points while looking directly at the beauty and truth of the words you read and ignoring their true meaning. You blame "secrecy" for keeping you in bondage. Like your books, you look at life and curse it. You blame it for your troubles, while life is trying with all of its might to reach out to you.

You look at God and you see the devil. You are smart when you should be dumb. You are proud when you should be humble. You love what you should hate. How could I speak more openly than this?

UFA

Who are you talking to? If it is me (as you quoted me) while I like some of your post there there are an enormous amount of assumptions in it too.

I don't blame secrecy for any bondage, in this internet age I have found many easily available teachings available, just not in alchemy.

I am hardly experienced but I haven't seen anyone from an alchemical tradition who I would described as liberated from bondage, whereas in other traditions I have met a few. If there are liberated alchemists why do they hide?

...the practice of alchemy invites a lot of trouble in one's life.

UFA

Can you explain this idea a bit more for me? Trouble from other people, other spiritual entities or trouble from ones own karma being released?