Henchman21

What do i do with this thing?

Took me over 2 hours and a small blister where the wire cutters nipped my palm but I constructed my own wire hitting device. Measuring about twenty inches long, this bad boy is heavy, constructed from 110 lengths of 10 gauge (or was it 12?) steel wire. Thanks to my bro for double checking my counting of the strips.

2lsdz0p.jpg

• Like 1

I have one made of bamboo.  This:31CrWhwNjcL.jpg

I use it before a bath or shower, for about 3 minutes, for vigorous slapping.  Sometimes  I apply a few drops of essential oils to the broom.  Some of these intensify the impact -- e.g. cinnamon.   Very good for any muscle tensions, tiredness, assorted aches and pains of physical exertion or stagnation, for mental fatigue, and for brightening the mood -- slapping of moderate intensity causes the brain to release endorphins and the body, prostaglandins.

What the same samurai massage tool does when it's made of wire I've no idea though.  Sounds a bit scary.  Usually, in these practices, traditionally folks would start with something milder and then proceed to something more harsh if they're up to it.  In any event, if you are going to use it, keep in mind that you probably can't slap your own back so strongly as to be in serious danger, but I would be very very careful with the front and the limbs -- and I would still start out with bamboo even if I wanted to "graduate" to wire a few months of regular use later. 

• Like 2

What a great idea!

Here I've just been slapping myself with my hands, but I'm going to grab or make one of these... help with those hard, or impossible to reach areas.

Thanks for posting!

• Like 2