vonkrankenhaus

What Results Do People Here Have From Training?

No one has mentioned hair (unless I just overlooked it).

YMMV but my hair grew back...

rumors often proceed public announcements,, brian, do you describe the new hair as like propecia fuzz style, what is that buckcherry song, Lit Up? i got my rogaine, i love the rogaine.......

or is it really like your normal hair? was it a receeding hairline, baldspot near crown, both? other?

if you dont mind sharing more since you brought it up. does it arrive in natural original color?

i have had to resort to several bottles of loreal' silver to get my hair to go gray, so i can better fit in better with my own age group. it wasnt as easy to go gray as one mighta thought. and if i return to taking fo ti on a daily basis again, it may all well be in vain...

edit> had to edit per publisher request. 

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

It was male pattern baldness. Progressive thinning around an area centered just behind the crown, getting worse in terms of both area and level of loss over a period of nearly a dozen years. At the time I started practicing qigong, it was probably 3.5" to 4" across of nearly bald (just sparsely distributed hairs) and more than that of "thin."

I wasn't happy about it but hadn't tried anything to address the problem because I was sort of in denial about it (looking back at it, though, it was advancing fairly rapidly).

I'd probably been practicing for a year when my wife made some comment to the effect of, "So, did you think I wasn't going to notice that you've been getting hair implants without telling me about it?"

What???

Feel my head.

Look in the mirror.

Hmmm...

Sure enough, the circle was substantially smaller and the nearly bald center was just a little thinner than the rest of my head. No fuzz, and I don't think there had been or she probably would have teased me about it. It's just back. I think it happened over a several-month period but I'm not sure (that's from trying to reflect back on hairbrush, shower drain, feel while scratching my head, etc.)

That area is still a little thinner than the sides or than it had been when I was a child but it has grown back to the point where the few times I have mentioned my thinning hair to people, they've looked at me oddly. I'm definitely still "thin up top" but it is nothing like it was and seems to still be getting better.

She is still convinced that I had implants, BTW.

EDIT: I'm still more silver than blonde but I'm fine with that. It will be interesting, though, to see whether color comes back over time, too.

• Like 7

Here's an "after" I just took:

post-54451-0-26719300-1433530356_thumb.jpg

As I said, still "thin" but no longer "bald" and remarkably different than a couple years ago.

If I run across a "before" photo, I'll post it, too.

• Like 6

started two years ago with medical qigong, being very ill. CFS, liver-dysfunction and severe digestional problems. regular medicine didn't know how to help me, friend did send me to a chinese healer/qigongteacher. I was very sceptic

Very slowly i'm gaining back my health. I can feel the body better, several joints have become more flexible ( think here not only general but also frozen shoulder and whiplash neck. both still stiff but better than the last 20 years or so)I know that several organs are functioning better, emotionally i'm balanced better, nails and hair grow better.

Sensitivities of my childhood are coming back, thats very nice. Feels like coming home 

last week i had a painful dental treatment, so i took ibuprofen. I never took this painkiller often, only for this kind of treatment and I always became very dizzy taking this. ( like i was drunk, real bad...) Now I find it's not making me dizzy, i find i relate that to the development of the last two years.

• Like 4

started two years ago with medical qigong, being very ill. CFS, liver-dysfunction and severe digestional problems. regular medicine didn't know how to help me, friend did send me to a chinese healer/qigongteacher. I was very sceptic

Very slowly i'm gaining back my health. I can feel the body better, several joints have become more flexible ( think here not only general but also frozen shoulder and whiplash neck. both still stiff but better than the last 20 years or so)I know that several organs are functioning better, emotionally i'm balanced better, nails and hair grow better.

Sensitivities of my childhood are coming back, thats very nice. Feels like coming home

last week i had a painful dental treatment, so i took ibuprofen. I never took this painkiller often, only for this kind of treatment and I always became very dizzy taking this. ( like i was drunk, real bad...) Now I find it's not making me dizzy, i find i relate that to the development of the last two years.

It looks like you've had good results from your practice.

• Like 3

Same here .... been practicing qigong exclusively for the hair follicle related benefits.

I know it sounds random, doing all these strange movements to entice hair to grow, but seriously, no matter what these enlightened masters tell us, life is only as good as what you look like at the end of the day.

Caution Though if you feel like venturing down this path:

Hair growth may not be only localized only up there... There is a non-negligible 60% chance that you may end up looking like Wolverine.

;-)

• Like 3

The unfolding of stillness and peace.

Seeing clearly through what is most subtle.

A sense of the changeless at the heart of the cyclical momentum of the changing.

A sense of freefall founded upon trust.

• Like 4

Greetings from Amsterdam where I am in and will remain over the next 10-11 days.

But 3 days will be in Ypres where I can pay respects to those that never grow old and

where poppies blow over Flander's field., 

Hairs growing back and strong and black!

Toe nails mucho stronger and harder and firmer!

Seeing colors in rainbows and seeing even through what is most subtle!

All that and more in following the Tao , or Koran or Torah, or Bhagahvad Gita or your favourite Guru/Sifu, even those with pointy elbows.

Then I thought back again, to exhortations from many others better than me.

That while they know of the supranatural that may happen on path of the Tao.

Where hairs growing back and black and toenails mucho firmer or seeing through what is most subtle.

They kept urging to ignore those chi in tantien or chi in longmaidumai and things more wonderous.

There was this story of a dliigent tudi and on enabling himself to run on water, he ran on top of the river following the boat carrying his Sifu.  He shouting to Sifu " Look ! I can run on water" .

Sifu then laughed at him,  " Learning and learning ten years just to save 2 coppers to be ferried across the river.

To seek just those goals will then make those your goals.

Running on top of water

To grow hair again or toenails

To have a more humourous wife

Or to see the hidden behind the subtle

Or to join that small crowd sitting on the Pillars of Creation

Maybe still arguing the shape and size and taste of the Tao

The Idiot on the Tao

• Like 6

The most tangible results are: getting home late and eating late after class, arguments with wife about who should have made dinner and who should have done the shopping and all the weekends spent studying, Mo Seut exercise still presents frustrating challenges and i often ache for days after, my stances are still too high, techniques too stiff, my power is off and i still havent learned to shift my weight properly from foot to foot. Lets not even start on the spine and neck, stupid shoulders.

My left leg is shorter than my right one and the axis of my hips and shoulders are still out of alignment.

I still get angry, i still feel stupid, blind and insensitive. I get reactive, defensive, short sighted and anxious. I eat unhealthy, havent kicked the nicotine, caffeine or the sex. Any great revelations i've had have all been small and bland, utterly mundane.

My sitting practice is intermittent and i cant stay still for more than the blink of an eye, thoughs scatter and race.

I'm still an introverted cranky guy who'd rather not speak than be forced to explain and be held to a measurable standard of coherence and quality.

And after almost a decade of not giving up even though im useless i'd wager i'm a stubborn fool.

I wore holes in my nice kung fu pants from all the sitting, kicking and horse stance, many who started before me have black belts now and know double the amount of forms, i go through at least one pair of shoes in a year.

I even pay for this every six months!!

So much money, time and effort and nothing to show for it.

Can't wait for next session though. A handful of insane people dressing up funny, standing still or moving almost not at all for long periods of time, playing with staffs like children and flailing swords around like howling madmen.

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 10

Self realization. How: studying and applying the teachings. Why: see how.

• Like 2

The most tangible results are: getting home late and eating late after class, arguments with wife about who should have made dinner and who should have done the shopping and all the weekends spent studying, Mo Seut exercise still presents frustrating challenges and i often ache for days after, my stances are still too high, techniques too stiff, my power is off and i still havent learned to shift my weight properly from foot to foot. Lets not even start on the spine and neck, stupid shoulders.

My left leg is shorter than my right one and the axis of my hips and shoulders are still out of alignment.

I still get angry, i still feel stupid, blind and insensitive. I get reactive, defensive, short sighted and anxious. I eat unhealthy, havent kicked the nicotine, caffeine or the sex. Any great revelations i've had have all been small and bland, utterly mundane.

My sitting practice is intermittent and i cant stay still for more than the blink of an eye, thoughs scatter and race.

I'm still an introverted cranky guy who'd rather not speak than be forced to explain and be held to a measurable standard of coherence and quality.

And after almost a decade of not giving up even though im useless i'd wager i'm a stubborn fool.

I wore holes in my nice kung fu pants from all the sitting, kicking and horse stance, many who started before me have black belts now and know double the amount of forms, i go through at least one pair of shoes in a year.

I even pay for this every six months!!

So much money, time and effort and nothing to show for it.

Can't wait for next session though. A handful of insane people dressing up funny, standing still or moving almost not at all for long periods of time, playing with staffs like children and flailing swords around like howling madmen.

My brother! My thoughts exactly....

• Like 1

From my now almost 20 years of practice, I have gotten very little. Maybe nothing. 

It has shown me that I am a bad student, disgracing my teacher by not applying his teaching, being self-obsessed, vain, stupid, stubborn, gluttenous, boastful, self-decietful, dishonest, a good-for-nothing. It ruined my sense of self, my future, my plans, my self confidence, my ambitions, my hope.

In short it has given me a mirror. To which I owe my eternal gratitude. I cannot begin to grasp my profound luck and  fortune to stumble on this miraculous practice that has completely destroyed my life. I can never repay my teacher for it. Only bow in tears.

h

Edited by hagar
  • Like 10

To which I owe my eternal gratitude. I cannot begin to grasp my profound luck and  fortune to stumble on this miraculous practice that has completely destroyed my life. I can never repay my teacher for it. Only bow in tears.

h

And i bow with you, not one eye dry.

• Like 1

Greetings from Amsterdam where I am in and will remain over the next 10-11 days.

But 3 days will be in Ypres where I can pay respects to those that never grow old and

where poppies blow over Flander's field., 

Perhaps nothing to do with the Tao.

Or what you get from training to be with the Tao.

But on the other hand, since none of us are able to say where the Tao is not, perhaps I was with the Tao then.

And even though I am back in Riyadh as from yesterday, I never left the Tao.

But talking of poppies in field of Flander, there I was, at the very spot where John McCrae sat and penned his  canticle to poppies.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

And sitting next to a clump of poppies blowing about in the wind.

Even if the larks did not feel like singing then.

But neither were guns going off.

18994115215_be0eb28591_c.jpg

18994120005_66eb2333c1_c.jpg

18373438093_665a84e547_c.jpg

Then I was back again in Amsterdam.

At Max Eweplein playing chess

Under gigantic Latin words HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM

Quite likely an admonishment to chess players for wasting so much time and energy on chess

3776628811_4799e0ec5e.jpg

3770317222_5a32a17050.jpg

(Above are old photos taken when I was there and reported in)

HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM

But how to play chess seriously when such things like below  were going on in bar/cafe just next to the place where we played chess.

We both adjourned the game and with other chess lovers, went to watch antics going on in the bar.

I cannot say I felt closer to the Tao then, but neither did I feel to be further from the Tao.

And a pair of tits look the same as other pairs of tits even if they too embodied the Tao.

So we went back over 64 squares to zombie out over kings queens knights pawns and rooks.

snip snip snip snip/

censored censored

folks got to rely on memory on what distracted me from the chess game.

I never thought of asking her permission as I never thought of posting that photo of her here.

I never thought of what my fingers will do when I sit down in front of keyboard as the message will 

take shape only when typing.

But I got asked if I got that lady permission which I sadly not thought of asking her as I went back to that 64 squares.  So before she wander into daobums and complain my flaunting of her tits here , therefore I got to take that photo down.  After all, as said, one pair of tits look like other pairs of tits.  You do not miss much.

And if you miss that, rely on your memory of what I posted.

snip snip snip snip/

censored censored

Idiot who love Taoistic poppies, and tits now and then.

Edited by shanlung
  • Like 5

Same here .... been practicing qigong exclusively for the hair follicle related benefits.

I know it sounds random, doing all these strange movements to entice hair to grow, but seriously, no matter what these enlightened masters tell us, life is only as good as what you look like at the end of the day.

This woman didn't "practice," except abstaining from most all vices and I'm guessing perhaps long stretches of celibacy, too?

Susannah Mushatt Jones became the world's oldest person on Wednesday. She has loved bacon for more than a century. Jones is 115 years old

Patches of light brown hair cover her head, while whiskers pepper her chin.

susannah-mushatt-jones-29.jpg

Throughout her life, Jones lived simply: no parties, smoking, or alcohol.

Judge said Jones' diet largely consists of fruits. She never complains of pain. To the bewilderment of her physicians and family members, Jones even appears to be "reverse aging." Over the last four years, her hair changed from gray to brown and softened. When she was 96, she grew a tooth — not a wisdom tooth, not an impacted tooth, but a new tooth — in her lower jaw. She's a medical marvel.

• Like 1

After lots of practice chi tends to stuff up photos.... and it's no good for playing hide and seek with the kids at night...

post-41774-0-23270500-1434962051_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It would be interesting if people were also to include photos or videos of any relevant part of their training - or maybe even actual demonstrations of effects of their training (where relevant).

I know I have enjoyed very much seeing photos and/or video of other people on Dao Bums when they have posted them.

I'm working on making some photos/videos like this too.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

After a Little more than 31 years of practice i have a brown leather belt, because red belt doesn't fit my jeans. I'm a grand master in what I'm not sure.

• Like 4

It would be interesting if people were also to include photos or videos of any relevant part of their training - or maybe even actual demonstrations of effects of their training (where relevant).

I know I have enjoyed very much seeing photos and/or video of other people on Dao Bums when they have posted them.

I'm working on making some photos/videos like this too.

-VonKrankenhaus

That can put a target on your back

Nevertheless, it's in my Signature

• Like 1

Re:

-----

"That can put a target on your back"

-----

Let's hope nothing like that happens.

Why would it?

- People exercising, training and having results, is an area of contention or conflict?

-VonKrankenhaus

I've begun to regain the state of mind and energy that I had before puberty, although is only happens after 10 days of no-orgasm so nothing permanent yet

• Like 3

Re:

-----

"That can put a target on your back"

-----

Let's hope nothing like that happens.

Why would it?

- People exercising, training and having results, is an area of contention or conflict?

-VonKrankenhaus

Why should it? It shouldn't. History, however, shows that this forum has a school of piranhas waiting for such demonstrations.

• Like 6