SonOfTheGods

Summer Solstice

Nice chain of thoughts following my innocent remark  :P

There are some of us here who can have a lot of fun with innocent remarks.

• Like 1

Cool.  Its those Beltane fires you gotta watch out for ! 

I like a good bonfire  :)     .... and some flares and explosives .   ( except the boat flare my 'mates' let off in my bedroom one night ... after the  " 3rd and final warning "  not to disturb me with their drunken party,  as I was on early shift ). 

Just got home from a summer solstice bonfire (St. John's fire). Was enchanting to say the least :-)

I hope you didn't get too close to the fire.

Cool.  Its those Beltane fires you gotta watch out for ! 

I like a good bonfire   :)     .... and some flares and explosives .   ( except the boat flare my 'mates' let off in my bedroom one night ... after the  " 3rd and final warning "  not to disturb me with their drunken party,  as I was on early shift ). 

me too.  Just got back from the regional Burning Man in Michigan called Lakes of Fire.   Lots of campfires, many big ones, the last burn is epic, so large they have a fire truck nearby and half dozen firemen on call.  4 days of drinking, socializing and finding ones utopia.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I think crazy shit happens around the solstice !  ( and it's not just me) 

Today's crazy Nungali event : I am in the big town ( small city)  out at the coast. I am driving up the pacific Highway , right in the middle, 6 lanes wide and the busiest 5 way intersection, traffic lights, turning signals ... complex intersection. The whole thing is ground to a halt, everyone has backed off and is looking freaked out ... and there are two guys punching on, in the middle of the intersection, rolling around on the road, on the tar   :wacko:

So I stopped and ( in best policeman's voice ) " HEY!  Settle down  - stop doing that ! "   . 

Which makes old dude on top of young dude (who is getting hammered ) look up and young guy escapes back to car and screaming girlfriend. But old gets up and grabs the young as he tries to get in the door and starts hammering him more ,,, and the girl is screaming and crying and everyone is just watching, So I got out and approached them, Which made agro guy turn and young guy jumps in car and takes off. Then old dude  ( well ... ^_^ ... my age about )  turns to me ... so I  (in best dog controlling voice) ;  :" NO!     Do not even try to ! "   Then he got in his car and sped off .

Now I am looking all these people just gawpin'   ' What the hell is wrong with you people ! "

Then I got in my car and drove off ... I mean, a truck could have come around the corner and run over either of their heads ... and people are just sitting there allowing it to go on     no.gif

Edited by Nungali

Today's crazy Nungali event :

The motto for most people today is "Don't get involved."

And "Doing the right thing" means "Don't do anything."

me too.  Just got back from the regional Burning Man in Michigan called Lakes of Fire.   Lots of campfires, many big ones, the last burn is epic, so large they have a fire truck nearby and half dozen firemen on call.  4 days of drinking, socializing and finding ones utopia.

Utopia ??? 

us-masks.jpg

That's about right (for the Big Burn in Nevada).  Here's what Lakes of Fire is more like: B)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6v1mt_8P63U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's some writing about older Burning Man adventures- http://thedaobums.com/topic/14600-learning-to-burn/?p=191747.  I don't think I finished my write up of the 2013 burn or started a writing down stuff about last weeks regional, which was pretty mellow. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Our village held its Summer Solstice celebration last night. It's a regional thing, not everyone in Germany is aware of these things. Ok, basically it boils down to yet another reason to drink beer and eat bratwurst, but when the weather is good, these bonfire nights are really something special.

I took this photo with my phone. Fire Dog:

post-1311-0-22769500-1435401837_thumb.jpg
thumbnail

:-)

And this is from a different "Johannisfeuer" (St John's Fire) on Wednesday:

post-1311-0-65181300-1435401890_thumb.jpg
thumbnail

• Like 1

Now I want a bratwurst.

We had a winter solstice celebration,my young 7yo sang with her classmates.

No beer nor bratwurst.

Never had a German bratwurst,only had them served at Victoria market in Melbourne.

Cheers

juls

• Like 2

Now I want a bratwurst.

We had a winter solstice celebration,my young 7yo sang with her classmates.

No beer nor bratwurst.

Never had a German bratwurst,only had them served at Victoria market in Melbourne.

Cheers

juls

Empty beer mugs ... evening drawing to a close ...

post-1311-0-80364600-1435405192_thumb.jpg

• Like 2