dawei

Gender Option Change

Perhaps we could include "Questionable" in the "Gender" category.

And "Nunya"

• Like 1

After some internal discussions, it was decided that we'll go with consistency.   The 'gender' field is a custom profile while Age and Birthday are standard fields.   So gender is the only one which has flexibility to change easily.

All three will display their {Field Unknown} for now.

• Age - Age Unknown
  • Birthday - Birthday Unknown
  • Gender - Gender Unknown

I'm not liking gender now showing as "Unknown" and fail to understand how three wrongs somehow make things right. It's my profile and neither age, birthday or gender is unknown to me. 

I'm not liking gender now showing as "Unknown" and fail to understand how three wrongs somehow make things right. It's my profile and neither age, birthday or gender is unknown to me. 

If its not unknown, then why don't you fill them in?

If its not unknown, then why don't you fill them in?

Because I choose not to disclose them.

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 1

Nobody needs to know my gender. I would rather be unknown.

Pulls out belt ... looks down his pants .....   looks closer  .....    nope ! 

Still unknown .

• Like 2

Seeing the form or the formless? And if the form and the formless are one, how can I label what I am. Not that I am looking from this angle, but I just don't think it would be helpful out beneficial for me to put my gender down. The less personal information I share the better.

yeah ... but I know what you are like a bit now.

What I dont like is when a body makes a post, particularly if they want an answer about something that may be self-referential ... or even just something obscure, and you go to their profile to get some background info and the profile is just about blank.  Then I usually dont bother continuing.  

So that might be a good reason for you to leave it blank   :)

I just checked mine, it says my gender is unknown  ....   I didnt know that I didnt know what my gender is   :blink:  

• Like 1

You have a little over a decade on me. And yeah, I consider myself lucky to be alive too for many reasons. It means I consider my life now a bonus.....allows the possibility of contentment; the reality of contentment. 

AHA!   THIS !

I have had people deny that I feel this ....   real  contentment ... satisfaction , at peace ..... a continual joy at just being alive.  They deny that I can feel like that ... like I am bullshitting about it ... for some reason .   I often keep quiet about it nowadays , as it seems to make some people upset and angry     :huh:

I watched people give answers recently about what caused the most pleasure. Most said sex.   I thought about it for a while and came up with  'being alive'. 

smiley-dance013.gif

• Like 2

And "Nunya"

Or Nundah   ( a place in Queensland .... some Murrays told me; "The whites had a black tracker to hunt down other blacks, round them up and take them away to the missions. They sent him over a hill and said to see what was on the other side. It was a big camp of Murrays, lots of kids and  women, and he felt sorry for them, that their like was about to be disturbed. When he came  back they asked him what he saw over the hill, any blacks?

" Nun dhere Boss !"   and the name stuck ... what's over the hill ?  Nundhere !  

• Like 1

....   real  contentment ... satisfaction , at peace .....

Well, I'm still here so as far as I am concerned you can talk about peace and contentment any time you want to.

• Like 1

I rarely look at profiles because they are mostly ego based.  "This is what I think I am."

That's a tad general isn't it? You might well as say "I rarely look at comments because they are mostly ego based.  "This is how I'd like reality to be."

I rarely look at profiles because they are mostly ego based.  "This is what I think I am."

Thats the idea ...  to find out what people think they are   ;)

Well, I'm still here so as far as I am concerned you can talk about peace and contentment any time you want to.

Okay  :)

The sun came up, the mist cleared, now all the leaves on the trees outside are shining with patches of silver.  The Kookaburras just had their early morning chorus.  The sky is a brilliant clear winter deep blue.  Propped up in bed in my little wooden cabin, the fire coals are till glowing from last night.   

I might get up soon and cook some toast over them ,  then go out in the sun, sit in the dirt and weed the sparse winter veggie garden .  When it warms up more I might go down the river and net some little  mosquito fish for  Snappy   ( the axolotl  ) snacks 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

That's a tad general isn't it? You might well as say "I rarely look at comments because they are mostly ego based.  "This is how I'd like reality to be."

Well, sure, it was a statement of generalization. 

But no, I don't think I could say the same thing about most posts by any of our members.  Sure, we share our opinion and understandings.  But with the posts, we can question and request further clarification.  With the profiles there is no questioning.

I remember not too long ago I had been exchanging posts with Blue Eyed Snake and she said something that indicated that she is a woman.  I said something like "You're a woman."  She responded with questioning whether that made a difference.  It didn't.  She was one of the guys in my mind. 

For me, I feel that my interacting with a member might be clouded if I look at the person's profile.  It is simply a preventive action on my part.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Well it's a matter of perspective. Of course your own gender is not unknown to you, however it is unknown to everyone else who visits your profile when no information has been added.

I don't know what the big deal is, I try not to get attached to this online persona hence why I call myself an idiot. It's very hard to get attached to a username calling yourself an idiot.

Well it's a matter of perspective. Of course your own gender is not unknown to you, however it is unknown to everyone else who visits your profile when no information has been added.

I don't know what the big deal is, I try not to get attached to this online persona hence why I call myself an idiot. It's very hard to get attached to a username calling yourself an idiot.

But every court has its fool.  You are an essential.

I would think of it from the server's point of view... the website displays stored data... 

Anything you look at on the internet is just stored data.

The server is saying, "This data {age or birthday or gender} is unknown".

I think the best Gender options would be: Who cares? or Why does it matter? 

• Like 1

You can just leave it blank- with the individual's choice to either state -male or -female or, leaving it alone = will keep it as default "blank"

"Unknown" might insinuate the indivudal's gender is "unknown" to them :ph34r:

• Like 1

You can just leave it blank- with the individual's choice to either state -male or -female or, leaving it alone = will keep it as default "blank"

"Unknown" might insinuate the indivudal's gender is "unknown" to them :ph34r:

But one could argue that for Age and Birthday... which are system set to an option of Unknown...

And I don't think you can leave it blank or leave it alone for very long.

As a new member, if you never touch it, then it doesn't show up at all !

But once you touch any profile setting and click "SAVE", it will grab whatever is in the Gender option... which defaults to Male  :ph34r:

I thought of moving Unknown to the first position but I really don't know if that will trigger everyone's settings as a new "Save".

• Like 1