SonOfTheGods

Magus Of Java John Chang MoPai (from CourtYard)

Per Moderator message:

~~~ moderator message ~~~

Now it's official. Please try to practice some restraint here.

Anyone who wants to discuss John Chang and the rest of it,

feel free to go start a thread in another forum.

~~~ out ~~~

Original Thread started in:

CourtYard- Welcome from a new member:

http://thedaobums.com/topic/38707-the-magus-of-java/

Obviously members still wanted to discuss this topic, but with all respect for Moderator message, I decided to take it to another forum (being this one)

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 4

Aren't we assuming that John Chang has his abilities because he studied from a young age with masters? If you're not on that very track, you're not gonna become as good. It seems to me a moot point what John Chang could do, because we are so far from following in his footsteps.

I studied Aikido for 13 years, but it'd be silly to think I could reach a level like Morihei Ueshiba, the founder. He started young, with masters (his father literally set up a dojo of 1!), was a genius and mystic. By definition I'm 0 for 4. Still I had an excellent teacher who studied under O'Sensei's top student (Koichi Tohei) so I could get some small piece. But from a book?? ..no teacher or live feedback.. transmissions . connections..

When choosing a martial art I've always thought one should looker closer at the students then the master, because the upper level student are inevitably what you'll become. The teacher/master not so much, unless you make it your life.

Odds are Westerners studying Mo Pai are also starting with those deficits. Still, the first 2 steps can take you far (or not, in truth I've read'em but its not a path I'd follow), but so imo can other arts and you can have a live teacher which is invaluable.

I agree (and disagree) :)

• Like 1

Trunk made a discovery, and posted it here:

LDT method: hui yin <-> navel
http://thedaobums.com/topic/37829-ldt-method-hui-yin-navel/page-3

I'd like to extract & discuss this one part of method: developing the lower dan tien by repeatedly connecting hui yin up to the navel level (towards the center is how I interpret it), back and forth, fostering that connection, interaction.  This is mentioned commonly in the yt videos (ex,

), seems a simple and major key, but if that part of the practice (people's experience with it) has been discussed much here I've missed it.

- Trunk

p.s.
Please don't devolve this into some mo pai argument.  And if it does become that, then I'd welcome moderators acting quickly and decisively, either towards specific posts or - if need be - pitting and locking the thread.  If we could stay to method and personal experience, :) .

I have made similar discoveries awhile back, and turned some of them into my own personal techniques called LoneManPai

Trunk and I (and others) have discussed much of this in detail on my forum.

It can be discussed here too with a wider audience base

It does not have to turn into a trollfest like the last MoPai thread I made which was Locked

The "Official" Mo Pai & "Things You Might Not Know About Real Mo Pai" Thread

http://thedaobums.com/topic/35217-the-official-mo-pai-things-you-might-not-know-about-real-mo-pai-thread/page-2

3922455791.gif

• Like 1

Since I started this thread, I would like this thread to encompass the mechanics of MoPai rather than who's teachers is better and why everyone else is wrong

• Like 3

malikshreds said:

I can do fajin now but it's hard to push the energy out into a distant object. How the heck did you do it? I can aim it at the object and make the energy around it explode but it won't move for me.

I know I have been warned about using the method but I'm willing to take full responsibility to do it.

SonOfTheGods said: First, my ... Obligatory warning,..

It will deplete Jing, and burn up the seals @ the LaoGongs,....

But-

It is a standing wave, with an extreme amount of flux

The body trembles, and it is difficult to contain the energy

The flow wants to be dispersed and shoot out

But it has to be controlled

Like trying to sho0t a sawed 0ff sh0tgun, it won't be good for long range sniper sho0ting because it disperses in all directions

Also, it will recoil at the Niwan

You don't want any of that if you are trying to rip those seals and get the energy to flow outward

So you want a Wave from: YongQuan HuiYin Mingmen to LingTai- then it is like pulling a blanket over your head- cobra sheath

You bear down like having a bowel movement, the LDT pushes down and flares upward in a SPIRAL

Always Spiral- like in Bagua

http://lonemanpai.com/thread/519/telekinesis-waiting-period-after-masturbation?page=2

Edit: tech difficulties copy and pasting from one forum to another

hey guys i am new to this i have finished reading the magus of java and i need some help understanding what is required for level 3......

Remember life has a limit, the body has a limit. We are millions of years of evolution and our DNA dictates that we are healthy with only a certain amount of energy. It is almost impossible to pass a certain level of energy that the body can hold, even if we were to cultivate energy from when we were very young till we died. Keeping ourselves healthy should be our aim, anything else dwells in the realm of 'out of balance'. Beware of those who perform tricks and those who follow them who perform them. They are not seekers of the Dao, but the seekers of adulation and disillusionment. Find yourself a good teacher in qi gong or Tai ji and enjoy your life.

Note from staff: for strictly organisational purposes, this post has been moved here from the welcome forum

• Like 10

I will post some random thoughts (My Opinion/My Experience, you don't have to agree :) ) - pulled from my own forum:

MoPai 2nd level (after 1st level LDT mediation) isn't much different than San Ti.

Xing Yi Quan has San Ti as it's fundamental position.

You see this similar internal alignment in Hsing-I, TaiChi and Bagua too

San Ti position is important in the release of power (FaJing)

Likewise, if you practice proper Horse Stance or Yi Jin Jing & Xi Sui Jing, you will arrive at the same benefits of MoPai 2nd level

So when I created LoneMan Pai™ Techniques - I made it so it covers all the bases, as any complete system of NeiJia/NeiJing

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

I'm curious about the detection of the first level how can one tell that the LDT is full enough to begin level 2 training?

Also I dont know about those other things, but Horse Stance did ring a bell so is it like doing a horse stance and breathing into lower abdomen and holding breath and clenching while bowing kind of. I saw this technique in this "chinese love making" video it is how I would imagine for it to happen, IMO. So I would like to hear about your way of doing it. Just to clarify I dont think I feel that I would have full LDT but trying to fill it up when ever I can meditate. Also I am training in "monk mode" just as a precaution, even if it would not be needed at this early stages.

I'm curious about the detection of the first level how can one tell that the LDT is full enough to begin level 2 training?

Also I dont know about those other things, but Horse Stance did ring a bell so is it like doing a horse stance and breathing into lower abdomen and holding breath and clenching while bowing kind of. I saw this technique in this "chinese love making" video it is how I would imagine for it to happen, IMO. So I would like to hear about your way of doing it. Just to clarify I dont think I feel that I would have full LDT but trying to fill it up when ever I can meditate. Also I am training in "monk mode" just as a precaution, even if it would not be needed at this early stages.

MoPai level #1 is a simple 'focus' meditation, so IMO/IME I don't feel it is adequate as a stand alone technique to "fill the lower tan tien"

But according to the book- John Chang would have to check at your pulse (sending his chi into you, and have it return to him) and he could tell your energy level

There were also "secret signs" (answers to his questions) that would tell him when his student was ready.

So doing MoPai on your own isn't recommended

I don't want to fill this thread with LoneMan Pai™ techniques because I would derail my own MoPai thread... but you can go to my forum in my signature

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 2

Heat and Vibrations. Read Jim MicMillan's book.

• Like 1

There is a problem that ordinary people who talk about it seem not a good thing to do.

If i would say my thoughts about yellow aura, who cares about a random person saying about things.

Here is an email I received from a banned member who is a mo pai follower.

"Hi Flowing hands.

I feel sorry for the people who buy into your Luddite nonsense.  

Mo Pai is technology, that is a fact.

People with your mindset would have us sit in the darkness and play make believe till we die rather than pursue something that is actually real.  

That is very sad."  

He obviously didn't want to reply openly to my post so I have posted his message here and I will reply to it openly.

Hello mo pai follower,
The whole ethos of Daoism is based on 'self' cultivation, the more one goes up the ladder of understanding, the more one realizes that the accumulation of power in a human form is futile. When I first started as a shaman 31 years ago, I was eager to become powerful and of course the Immortal Masters give you their power to start off. Although it seems they have given you a lot of power, it is in fact a single drop in a vast and unending ocean. I have cultivated that power for all those years, but the Immortal Master has never asked me to use that power to do tricks to make people believe in me. Sure I can do some great healing etc. but belief comes from what ones does and goes about in this world and what one says. I believe, as the Immortal Master does, that it is better to steer people into following the Dao and not lead them into fanaticism that they really will never achieve. I bet you that you have never personally met John Chang and yet you think that he is the God you wish to emulate?
I am no Luddite, but I try to be wise and to help people when they are obviously lost and confused. If you want to have great power, forget about it and become a perfect person then you can be entrusted with all the power in the universe, but by that time you will have forgotten that which you craved.

Good luck on your path

Wu Shi Flowing Hands
Edited by flowing hands
  • Like 5

Here is an email I received from a banned member who is a mo pai follower.

More Pie Guy is my guess.. 

Edited by MooNiNite

MoPai level #1 is a simple 'focus' meditation, so IMO/IME I don't feel it is adequate as a stand alone technique to "fill the lower tan tien"

But according to the book- John Chang would have to check at your pulse (sending his chi into you, and have it return to him) and he could tell your energy level

There were also "secret signs" (answers to his questions) that would tell him when his student was ready.

So doing MoPai on your own isn't recommended

I don't want to fill this thread with LoneMan Pai™ techniques because I would derail my own MoPai thread... but you can go to my forum in my signature

Wanting to stay focused on topic (is the way to keep mopai threads out of the pit) :D

The MCO is frowned upon, as mopai seeks to 'encapsulate' the LDT

This is a misnomer because the etheric body has safety overflow and pressure relief mechanisms

YingYang heel meiridans is one such built in precaution

The MCO runs dual paths in everyone, automatically

The channels open when the LDT starts to become a workable and operable field

This is how the Yellow Court // Middle Tan Tien process "activates"

The first Bandha is breached which is akin to "cutting the cords" which shows that the LDT is not confined as many practitioners falsely believe

What we have is 'book mopai' versus real MoPai

If mopai '2nd level' is practiced- this opens the HuiYin, which means the Mingmen will function accordingly with YinYang energy flow

This is already at Lumbar 2- 3

Once at this point of progress, the solar plexus is active, and the Governor vessel is opening.

How can you tell?

The Daling/wrist points and the LaoGong points are heating up (one of the signs to be watched!) - this means the LingTai (between the shoulder blades) are also 'firing up"

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

interesting in relation to the whole Mo Pai thing:

Damo Mitchell states that the LDT is tethered to its central axis by four yellow coloured lines extending from four yellow meridian points (which can be seen with 'inner vision') with time these can/will disappear and the LDT is then able to spin/move more freely....

The first Bandha is breached which is akin to "cutting the cords" which shows that the LDT is not confined as many practitioners falsely believe

What we have is 'book mopai' versus real MoPai

• Like 1

John Chang said certain TaiChi masters had comparable abilities as he.

TaiChi, Baguazhang, use a similar stance, SanTi, as in Xing Yi Quan / Hsing-I (Chinese theory of the 5 Elements)

There are a finite amount of breathes and postures the human body can employ

So, "2+2 =" sort of case here.

John Chang said certain TaiChi masters had comparable abilities as he.

TaiChi, Baguazhang, use a similar stance, SanTi, as in Xing Yi Quan / Hsing-I (Chinese theory of the 5 Elements)

There are a finite amount of breathes and postures the human body can employ

So, "2+2 =" sort of case here.

This comes down to one of those things where people dont know enough on the history of kung fu and china.

Mao Zedong outlawed the practice of all authentic martial arts except watered down taichi.

So in china before 1974 this was all you saw.

Before 1933 there was an advant of powerful martial artist in china.

After authentic kung fu was outlawed masters fled to japan korea thailand inodesia and so forth the others that stayed in china went underground.

In 1974 the chinese govt created and promoted contemporary wushu which is sport kung fu and it was in the mid to late 1970's that china opened the gates with the visit of president nixon and contemporary wushu spread thru out the world,

With the help of jet li who went to the white house in 1976 to give a demonstration of wushu.

Later Wushu master Bow Sim Mark(Donnie Yen's mother) in the late 70's early 80's introduced contemporary wushu to america.

So then you have Jackie Chan who is from the peking oprea school which also taught contemporary wushu to its actors in training.

Now when I mean they outlawed kung fu I mean they were beheading martial artist and sending them to re-education camps which was just a torture prison and then killing them.....

The temples that did survive this period were visited by the red guards who sent there warrior preists and monks away before the red guards got there where told not to teach or practice non govt approved martial arts. Sometimes they actually occupied the temples waiting for the martial artists to return.

The temples bowed to the govt the triads bowed to the govt.

So this attitude still carries on in china today.

What did all of this do to real kung fu? 

It ruined it. Period.

You have people thinking that real kung fu is wushu you have the other group of people thinking that taichi xingyi and bagua is the only "internal' kung fu. Then the people who look for authentic kung fu cant find anything.

Exactly what the chinese govt wanted  :)

Mopai as John stated is a kung fu school.

• Like 4

Unfortunately we have "book mopai" and "western mopai" which has a road block after a couple of levels

Real authentic MoPai is a whole different ballgame

Unfortunately we have "book mopai" and "western mopai" which has a road block after a couple of levels

Real authentic MoPai is a whole different ballgame

Well Mopai is authentic pai to be considered a authentic pai you have to have herbal knowledge healing knowledge and so forth or you cant be considered a pai in the chinese tradition and im sure john has all of this.

• Like 3

This comes down to one of those things where people dont know enough on the history of kung fu and china.

Mao Zedong outlawed the practice of all authentic martial arts except watered down taichi.

So in china before 1974 this was all you saw.

Before 1933 there was an advant of powerful martial artist in china.

After authentic kung fu was outlawed masters fled to japan korea thailand inodesia and so forth the others that stayed in china went underground.

In 1974 the chinese govt created and promoted contemporary wushu which is sport kung fu and it was in the mid to late 1970's that china opened the gates with the visit of president nixon and contemporary wushu spread thru out the world,

With the help of jet li who went to the white house in 1976 to give a demonstration of wushu.

Later Wushu master Bow Sim Mark(Donnie Yen's mother) in the late 70's early 80's introduced contemporary wushu to america.

So then you have Jackie Chan who is from the peking oprea school which also taught contemporary wushu to its actors in training.

Now when I mean they outlawed kung fu I mean they were beheading martial artist and sending them to re-education camps which was just a torture prison and then killing them.....

The temples that did survive this period were visited by the red guards who sent there warrior preists and monks away before the red guards got there where told not to teach or practice non govt approved martial arts. Sometimes they actually occupied the temples waiting for the martial artists to return.

The temples bowed to the govt the triads bowed to the govt.

So this attitude still carries on in china today.

What did all of this do to real kung fu? 

It ruined it. Period.

You have people thinking that real kung fu is wushu you have the other group of people thinking that taichi xingyi and bagua is the only "internal' kung fu. Then the people who look for authentic kung fu cant find anything.

Exactly what the chinese govt wanted  :)

You just gave the "History of Modern Kung Fu" that my Sifu gave me, and I now give my students.

Since I teach Tai Chi Quan, I also add how Tai Chi Quan got distorted coming over here. Basically, how the flower 

children over here got a watered down version of TCQ in the late 60s, and the initial slow movements, and health

benefits got emphasized, above any remaining martial aspects, which got further diluted in the 70s.

So now people think that TCQ isn't a martial art, and is done slowly, which couldn't be further from the truth. I'm doing my part to change that.

Nice job JinlianPai!  :D

Cheers!