WadeGarret

Need help "Transmuting" Chi.

This is a re-post actually. I am posting it now in the proper forum.

Thank you for accepting me into this little community. I've searched for and wide in the Realms of Cyberspace and have not yet found anyone knowledgable in these matters.  I hope someone with experience walking in this path can help me.

I am a 30 year old male. I have experienced the strengths of Semen retention in my personal life, but with that came both positive and negative effects I would like to explain. I am seeking some answers as I cannot find any.

I first started this path due to the popularity of the "NoFap" movement in early 2012; Since then I've been on numerous "Celibate" streaks that mitigated the use of Semen retention. Unfortunately , I could not find  any advice on Semen retention other than vague theory and shaming for letting the "chi" go.

When I start to conserve Semen, I do try to meditate daily; but with no avail. These symptoms always occur around 10 days, and become increasingly appearant as the time goes on.

During Cultivation

----------------------

A bit more emotionally resillient

Stoic (No feeling, have no emotion, can't feel joy, sadness, or anything)

I feel physically heavier and harder to move around. (Feelsl like my spirit is weighing me down more)

Head feels Foggy.

Unmotivated to do anything, like workout, (clean) - or even hygiene maintenence.

Do not like being around people much.

Weight on my heart and mind.

Trouble expressing myself, but when I do it is powerful and heard.

Body temperature is usually VERY HIGH and Hot

Crave Meat and Sugars / junk food / Seem to want to eat a lot.

Simutaneously can go a long time without food, which is strange. But when I do eat, I crave bad foods.

Note: These symptoms dissipate about 20% with some meditation, but after a while meditation becomes useless.

After a Single  or Multiple Orgasm

----------------------------

I feel light on my feet.

High Energy

Crave healthy foods like Fruit and vegtables.

Calm and head is clear.

More motivation in general.

Don't feel as "powerful" but more emotative and expressive.

Aura is a bit diminished, but free flowing.

Feel more emotion and creativity.

More susceptible to my environment... (I can feel the ocean and the air.. I am more open to people somewhat)

it's a bit strange as the enegies change, and I am trying to find the right balance. I want to be able to retain semen with the attributes of strength such as emotional strength, mental endurance, adaptability and other such things.. traits of manhood. But I also do not like the negative consequences of becoming.. less motivated, lethargic and moody.

When I meditate, depending on the session, the mood will soften and my energy balances about 20%.. but it goes away quickly.. and excessive meditation sometimes leads to frustration. Also, sometimes my meditation leads to slight dizziness..

I am trying to find the proper practice to channel my "Chi" and rejuvinate my body to feel "cloud-like" if that makes sense. I want the inner strength as well as outter glow that comes from Orgasm.. but without orgasm.. I do not want to be dependent on carnal desire to feel "Normalized" rather able to do it through spiritual means.

I have tried many different meditation techniques and can't honestly say I've ever felt any "energy" regardless how long I've retained Semen / chi - I've tried to visualize and feel the energy for the Microcomic orbit but can never feel it. I've tried deep deep meditation, which helps a lot sometimes, but as celibacy progresses I find myself more energetically confined as the days go on.

I am also looking to do this because it has also affected my ability to connect somewhat. I notice that when I have cultivated beyond 10-14 days; my energy and body are HOT; as well as the general energy of people around me, can feel my irritability; not only am I myself foggyheaded, but it seems to effect everyone within the vicinity of me to some extent. It's a bit unexplainable. I do believe in the hidden energies of all things, so I am not surprised that my energy effects the behaviors of others when practicing semen retention;;

even to the extent of it being they can be in another room. For instance on many occasions when I simply decided to release jing (ejaculate) - have sex, immediately people in other rooms around me changed what they were doing. They would either go to sleep, move around all of a sudden, go to another room, etc. Sometimes I feel my jing when it is high, my body temperature is hot and I am sleepless, I tend to keep those around me sleepless and awake as well. I've experienced this on many times.

I'm trying to find a way to channel the Chi into bliss and peace, rather than have to have a sexual act. thank you for reading.

Any help appreciated, thank you for reading

• Like 1

I have tried many different meditation techniques and can't honestly say I've ever felt any "energy" regardless how long I've retained Semen / chi - I've tried to visualize and feel the energy for the Microcomic orbit but can never feel it. 

Have you ever experienced fear, anger, love? 

If you have experienced these emotions or any other emotions, then you have felt energy.

Feeling cloud-like and foggy headed is also feeling energy. What ever you can feel right now is energy. Its all energy. 

• Like 1

There are many methods for circulating and alchemically transmuting the energy of the body. My favorite is Chi Kung.

Re:

-----

"I am trying to find the proper practice to channel my "Chi" and rejuvinate my body to feel "cloud-like" if that makes sense. I want the inner strength as well as outter glow that comes from Orgasm.. but without orgasm.. I do not want to be dependent on carnal desire to feel "Normalized" rather able to do it through spiritual means."

-----

Why do you want these things?

What has it been that brought these things to mind in the first place?

-VonKrankenhaus

We´re all so different.  I believe "semen retention" can be a useful practice, but context is important.  It´s not good for everybody at all times.  Judging from what you wrote it sounds like right now it´s doing you more harm than good.  I´d back off a little, concentrate on other aspects of cultivation -- you can always come back to this later.

What are you drawn to in spiritual practice, apart, I mean, from the semen retention?  There are movement practices like tai chi and bagua.  Standing practice.  All kinds of sitting meditation.

Ideally, I´d find something you can do with other people.  Take a class.  The whole semen retention thing can be very alluring -- believe me I know -- but it isn´t everything or even the most important thing and certainly not the first place to start.  You can get very far finding a class in a spiritual discipline and seeing where it takes you.  Semen retention will be there for you at some point down the line if it´s the right thing.

Liminal

• Like 4

Do you practice horse stance?

No, I'm not familiar with that

Have you ever experienced fear, anger, love? 

If you have experienced these emotions or any other emotions, then you have felt energy.

Feeling cloud-like and foggy headed is also feeling energy. What ever you can feel right now is energy. Its all energy. 

Yes. I experience a range of emotions. After I have a sexual episode; I am relaxed and more emotative. I am more "open" to feel things. As I progress in my retention, I begin to develop heat waves in the body, feel less emotion, bordering on depression and agression. My mind is foggy, and I cannot think abstractly or socially;

This in the long run, has damaged my social skills over the past couple years of me practicing this. But because I keep hearing about how "Great men in history" have all practiced this art form, and have read stories of "Super Power" qualities (memory, strength, willpower, etc) - I keep at it.

The longest I've gont is 40 days. And that was a disaster.

There are many methods for circulating and alchemically transmuting the energy of the body. My favorite is Chi Kung.

I'mt not familiar with Chi Kung.

Re:

-----

"I am trying to find the proper practice to channel my "Chi" and rejuvinate my body to feel "cloud-like" if that makes sense. I want the inner strength as well as outter glow that comes from Orgasm.. but without orgasm.. I do not want to be dependent on carnal desire to feel "Normalized" rather able to do it through spiritual means."

-----

Why do you want these things?

What has it been that brought these things to mind in the first place?

-VonKrankenhaus

Thanks for responding.

I've read many stories that strong willed men have abstained from Sex, and transmuted chi. From India's "Ojas theory" to the Chinese Taosim and Buddhism. I'm trying to become stronger willed. I've experienced strengths at times when being celibate that I can only explain as mental and physical will-power.

We´re all so different.  I believe "semen retention" can be a useful practice, but context is important.  It´s not good for everybody at all times.  Judging from what you wrote it sounds like right now it´s doing you more harm than good.  I´d back off a little, concentrate on other aspects of cultivation -- you can always come back to this later.

What are you drawn to in spiritual practice, apart, I mean, from the semen retention?  There are movement practices like tai chi and bagua.  Standing practice.  All kinds of sitting meditation.

Ideally, I´d find something you can do with other people.  Take a class.  The whole semen retention thing can be very alluring -- believe me I know -- but it isn´t everything or even the most important thing and certainly not the first place to start.  You can get very far finding a class in a spiritual discipline and seeing where it takes you.  Semen retention will be there for you at some point down the line if it´s the right thing.

Liminal

Well to be honest, I have heard stories of men who have retained for 30-90 days about how they became strong in all areas of their life. They became these sort of "Superhuman" type of men with increasing strength and social resilliance. And I've read a lot of Guru texts speaking about the strength in abstinence and retention.

The first time I went down this path I did feel that I awakened an inner strength in me, through bouts of celibacy that included physical and mental resilliance to certain situations; but it seems these situations didnt benefit me too much. It was more of something I did to prove that I could be "tough" if need be. There is something else however.

I was a security guard at one time. That was when I was first practicing semen retention, and regular streaks would be about 30 days. In those days, though I was emotionally stoic; I stood long hours among people and dealt with stressful situations. It seems that, about 21 days into a streak, I would be able to deal with any situation, if it involved conflict. It didn't seem to bother me much. I felt pretty resilliant at those times.

I recently had an experience that put the Fear of God in me. (A situation almost lead to a physical altercation.) - now when I was completely celibate for longer than 3 weeks. Situations like that, didnt bother me. I was pretty emotionally resilliant to any escalation or threats and in fact, fearless of them. but I had a situation like this happen to me, and it put so much fear in me I was disappointed in myself. But I also know that, I havn't been practicing semen retention as strongly as I have been.

I've been struggling with retention because, unlike those times, NOW, it seems that trouble is naturally attracted to me whenever I practice. Not that I am looking for trouble, but that when my energy begins to peak; it seems I am invoking a lot of "Fight or flight" responses everywhere I go. Mostly in Men. I used to be a man who could speak, and flow in conversation; when I was a younger lad i actually worked sales and retail.

These days, I'm very short on words and keep it to a minimum. I also notice now, when practicing semen retention, the general populace doesn't open me in converation anymore. I attributed it to bad personality or bad thinking or habits, but I noticed whenever I would get a sexual release, My "Chi" would release into the air, I would feel "Cleared" of it and in fact, people are  more open to me in conversation. I experienced this several times, and it's always after I have a sexual release that I am the most relaxed, and (unsurprisingly) people are more relaxed around me.

When I retain semen longer than 6-7 days, I even develop a sort of Strong Aura , and depending how I feel, others feel it too. Because during retention and cultivation I become very hot, agitated, and stressed, this translate into a very strong aura of Heat, agitation, and stress. I am not very pleasant to be around and others can feel it. Here is another mystery.

When I've stayed at peoples homes, and have been retaining, they become just as stiff and frozen with tension as I do. If I go into a private room and "Do the deed" (Masturbate for release) - something weird happens. Almost every single time. People begin to move around and continue their usual activity. It's as if my Aura is so strong and effective, it affects everyone around me. Needless to say my life has been in a bad place since.

The problem for me is that, I am an enjoyer of life.

At that same token, thought I experienced Mental and Physicall will-power (working and standing for long hours, and mentally resilliant to certain harsh conditions) - I also experienced great stress, and depression, as well as feeling completely, socially cut off. In fact, I suppose you could say I was so littered with 'tension" that I couldn't function socially, no longer.

It's been about 2 years, and any celibacy streak longer than a week leaves me socially dehabilitated, as well as lethargic. Though my body temerature rises and I may become resiliant in other conditions, my inerpersonal relationships begin to fail, the world feels like it is "Falling down on me." and I am really unfunctional and useless. This is all new by the way..

... I used to be able to hold streaks of celibacy for 2-4 weeks and would actually get stronger and more social.

Now the opposite happens.. I become extremely claustrophibc, the walls feel like they are trapping me in, and merely walking down the street is enough to get me angry at society, life, and people, for instance if someone looks at me rudely, or if I feel disrespected. Again all of this is completely new, and never happened before. And it has ruined some aspects of my life in fact.

I took up Meditation and it seems to only make things worse. In fact I meditate, sometimes for hours; attempting to enter the meditative state. And while it seems I am making some Progress, I begin to get the Worst headaches ever, nothing that I am ued to. I know it is from meditation, and has something to do with my third eye, because I begin to feel a pressure in my forehead region every time I meditate for prolonged periods of time. The pressure builds up the more I focus on my breathing and sometimes I have to stop.

I used to get into great, deep meditative states on my best celibacy streaks, but that was a few years ago. I recently went 40 days Celibate a few months ago. And while I did get into a great meditative state, where I almost felt like I was floating; simutaneously, my energy was completely cut off from society. i became more and more withdrawn to the point where, it was difficult to even hug family members. My father in law asked me, "Why don't you even hug me?"

The strange thing is, it was around day 40 of celibacy; and I felt so "Closed up" - "Tight" and Not apart of anything, that I found it extremely difficult to even be around other people. When I go on streaks like this, the only thing that seems to help or heal my spirit, to feel less "Condensed" is to go far far away, as in, 30-40 miles away from civiliation. (I've literally driven on freeways where, as soon as I entered desolate areas with no people; the energy would clear up and I would normalize)

This leads me to believe that, the spirit, as celibacy continues on, becomes absolutely more magnetic of what it is feeling. I'm not sure. I still havn't figured it out. Nor have I figued out how to transcend sexual energy and radiate constant bliss, love, and joy like some would-be Gurus have proclaimed on mystic websites and such. Something I want to do, have emotional physical, and spiritual ressilliancy without the drawbacks.

In Summary, I am forced, not by choice, to put myself on a "7 day cycle" - and by that I mean, One ejaculation per week. I have no idea why this seems to be the case to keep me normal, but I feel Ive possibly developed hormonal or chemical imbalances, or small types of psychosis for sure over the years of practicing this. I've recently been allowing myself to have a sexual release every 6-7 days depending on how I am feeling to "Normalize" and have noticed the quality of my life improve in certain aspects.

It's nice to partake of the fruit of the vine, but I also some day aspire to seek truth and close my soul off to worldly desires (soe day, perhaps not just yet) - but in that process I find that I just can't seem to function .. not just in the world.. but AT ALL in general. anyone with experience with this, it would be GREATLY appreciated as I am now stumped at what to do next. I wish to cultivate, and continue, (Like I had been doing) - but Lo and Behold.. once again..

.. This past week I was on day 10, and like clockwork. The heat flashes.. the paranoia, the "walls closing in on me." feeling, not to mention, the noise. I seem to attract energetically every noisy, angry, vehicle, person, etc in my vicnity. All of this negative stuff starts happening.. my relationships dwindle.. I become more and more Cut off from the world. I meditate more and more and nothing changes.. I meditate, to release and stay grounded and flowing, happy, blissful, energetic.

but I Become stiff, tight, cut off, socially inept, slow minded.. etc. On top of that.. As celibacy progresses, not only do these feelings increase with time, but strange events start to happen that reflect my surroundings. Weird things happen. People are Extra rude.. Police Helicopters start circling the house (Have experienced this too) - Car accidents happen.. AND.. I can hear the energy of other people and anger of other people. I am a big believer in that, our minds, our thoughts and energy attract similair frequencies (as is the old monastic theories of the universe)

and this rings true, especially if a man is practicing Semen retention; has all of this stored up Jing in the wrong manner, blocked, well his energy becomes more powerful, but it is blocked.. and because it's blocked it manfiests in all types of things. Fear, paranoia, aggression, anger.. and then his reality becomes a Reflection of that. I, for without a shadow of a doubt have experienced all of this. But as I said before, because I cannot channel it properly, I'm a bit screwed. :P

So in conclusion, I want to be a strong willed warrior who can get past this. But the longer I practice this "Semen retantion" the more socially withdrawn, cut off, physically dehabilitated, mentally dehabilited, unhappy.. etc. I've heard great things from people who have mastered this, which is something I wish I could learn, but as you said, I am doing myself more damage than good for doing this. (You can thank the Nofap Movement for that, which is why I came here actually)

So far, a 1 Ejaculation every 6-7 days has been a God send. In fact, I am starting to feel like my old self, the guy who was happy and enjoyed life. Not on edge all the time. I just hope I didn't develop and health problems from the past 2-3 years of stress I put my body through by practicing this.

anyway, thanks for reading. I hope it wasn't too long.

Edited by WadeGarret
  • Like 1

My guess is that the sexual energy from celibacy is hitting all kinds of blockages In your body and thus causing imbalances. It's likely that these imbalances are being reflected outward in your auric body.

Here's a basic Qigong exercise for self healing and circulating energy. See what results you get. With time and daily practice it can help you dissolve through many internal obstacles. Hope you find this information helpful. Many blessings on your path.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MhhYrGqfQxo

Edited by OldChi

My guess is that the sexual energy from celibacy is hitting all kinds of blockages In your body and thus causing imbalances. It's likely that these imbalances are being reflected outward in your auric body.

This. I don't think complete celibacy is healthy outside of the context of a specific, proven system of yogic/meditative practices designed to maximize the benefits and compensate for the potential side effects it can cause. That said, I wouldn't recommend going back to the daily orgasms which seem to be expected of men in modern society either.

From the end of your post is sounds like you've already found a decent balance, so stick with that for now. Don't stress about an exact schedule, just go with what feels natural - refrain from orgasm until the negative effects outweight the positive, allow yourself some release, then repeat.

I would also highly recommend investigating meditation/chi kung/yoga if you're interested in reaping the full benefits of sexual retention - read around on this site, there's more than enough discussion of different systems to get you started. Plain abstainence itself will only take you so far.

• Like 1

In general, spiritual cultivation practices, including semen retention, should make life better. Relationships with others should be easier, smoother, imbued with positive qualities such as love and compassion. There might well be times along the way where this isn´t the case, but if something a person is doing is consistently making life worse, relationships worse...well, that would be something to look at.

I´d suggest investing some face time with a teacher. Taking up a specific practice slowly and patiently. You can be a "strong willed warrior" for sure, but there´s no great hurry. Go gently.

• Like 1

Re:

-----

",,,especially if a man is practicing Semen retention; has all of this stored up Jing in the wrong manner, blocked, well his energy becomes more powerful, but it is blocked.. and because it's blocked it manfiests in all types of things. Fear, paranoia, aggression, anger.. and then his reality becomes a Reflection of that. I, for without a shadow of a doubt have experienced all of this."

-----

I do not think that what is described is the effect of "stored up jing" and "blocked" energy.

I think it is a natural hormonal transition that is a bit extreme, and the extremity of it may be related to bodily resources, diet, and lifestyle.

Most married men experience something like this for a few days each month.

Testosterone, oxytocin - look into what the various hormones related to sexual function do. It is profound.

Of course, qigong and yoga are excellent ways of gaining both awareness and control of hormonal responses.

As is changing one's diet to something more like that which human beings traditionally have survived with, and not so much the sickness-inducing food pranks that people have been sold in this modern era. Bad food and medications can mess up hormonal functioning and also make qigong and yoga training almost moot.

-VonKrankenhaus

I think you need to open up some flow brother. Your trying to anticipate and control WAY to much.

From reading your posts it seems like you have high expectations for what is going to happen around different days ect. All of this causes you to project certain energies out into the world around you. 

I would say lay off retention until you no longer have expectations for anything. You need to know your center. You need to be able to ground.

Practice yoga, and chi kung in the meantime as others have suggested. This will help with your blockages when/if you decide to resume this path.

As a side note. As someone with experience in this. You need Flow. Otherwise it just hurts you. And as others have commented, in my opinion it really only is something that is good for certain purposes and within certain context. You don't need to practice this in my opinion for most cultivation ends. 

Edited by Grok
  • Like 2

Bruh, before you even do this, you gotta prioritize and see what it is that you want. First, it appears you have not established a consistent means of cultivation, be it some sort of moving cultivation or sitting cultivation. Meditation is such a broad term that no one here would honestly know exactly what you did. However, you do mention that you have tried "many" meditation techniques, and that for one can easily caused massive issues. Jumping around from meditation to meditation without allowing it to consistently generate the momentum it needs fro consistent practice... I mean does that sound like it's gonna be helpful to you.

More importantly, I find that your reaction to what is going on is only being looked at from one direction. You're not liking your connection with people, when it could be possible that this is happening because you are being alerted to a the quality of the people you are around. I'm not saying that this is definitely what's going on, but have you possibly considered that your connections are dying because they are bogus connections, and you weren't aware of it until you started this? You also seems to be resisting some changes "I'm feeling like my old self"... aren't you doing these practices to transform yourself? The shit can be somewhat uncomfortable at some points.

But I would also like to say that, and this is for most people, practices work in certain contexts. I don't find that semen retention works in certain contexts, especially those that are based that are based in highly stressful environments and in frames where you don't have the ability to let's transformations happen. I am not going to say that all cultivation is going to be tumultuous, nor that everyone is gonna go through rough patches. However, a great deal of practitioners are going to go through what you are going through, and the only way they make it through is by allowing the transformation to happen. It's not just with semen retention, they gotta be able to do it with any practice. But if you are becoming overwhelmed by things, or can't allow for certain moments of debilitation or "offness", then that hurdle is never gonna be broken.

So you may need to step away from the practice because you need to clean out some surface shit first. Right now, it looks like the problem is in your association to environment and your expectations of what should be happening. I don't think there's any cultivation that's gonna go smoothly if you aren't willing to allow the transformations they bring to work. 

• Like 2

<p>Greetings from the Flip side.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Appreciate responses, once again I apologize for my elongated response in the back. The reason I want to take up celibacy, is from a lot of the ancient texts recommending giving up the sexual induldgence for the greater good. I suppose it can be linked to spiritual karma.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I spent my entire 20's dissipating my energies, carelessly and foolishly through any means of gratification. Bad relationships, porn etc. I just turned 30 and want to master myself. I've experienced the calmness of mind, increased memory, emotional stability, courage, and also, physical strength that comes with retention.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>But what I have now found is that as a man "Closes his seed" that it is very important to have emotional stability and clarity of mind. But only through personal experience I have learned this. I reflect upon a popular post buy OldChi, actually on his experience with semen retention. (IT's quite a popular post and comes up under different searches and I even found people linking to his story.)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>As you can probably tell from my previous post my emotions have been a bit haywire. Certain stresses in life have brought this about. But with retention I feel life can be handled and controled, and sort of Flow. I would also like to mention that, in my experience, pornography seems to be a sin against nature, not in a religious or dogmatic sense (I am not religious) - but it seems to bring a trick on nature.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>It seems to warp the mind and spirit, as well as the aura, and in fact; that can possibly be the result of anger and aggression being manifested through my environment, other people, and the very essence of life itself. This being said, I have vowed to not partake of it to the best of my ability. I used to be very nonchalant about it, but becoming very observant of the effects of what the eye beholds and how it manifests in the soul; and the importance of keeping the emotions regulated when conversinvg jing (or attempting to)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I have discovered keeping my mind with stillness to be the most effective way to go about this. I was having a very rough time and realized I had been under stress and resorted to using pornography or even "Releasing" through sexual function but as I continue I realize keeping stillness of mind has helped tremendously.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I am only on day 10, once again, but I plan on meditating at 4:00am in the morning. I notice in the morning there is more of a draw of energy when I meditate to the point where it almost feels like I am "High" - I have only experienced this in the mornings, and I feel I have a lot of spiritual or soul cleansing to do before I can normalize. As someone stated earlier to "Flow" - this is part of me "Flowing" - but if I do not meditate, the course of the day can be knocked off.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>So I ahve prioritised meditation in the morning, mainly because where I live, there is absolutely no silence or peace, only at that hour (I live in a busy city and environment, something I am not used to as I come from a rural area) - So I have to get up extra early to catch natures essence, so to speak; if that makes any sense. I also notice attempting to meditate during different times of the day seem unfruitiful and become a struggle, and I am better off trying again early in the morning when the spirutal Pallate seems to be cleansed.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The only thing I can compare this to is spiritual purification; I know no other term for it; when I go into retention under bad circumstances or emotional baggage, it makes my journey toughter, but with each attempt, and regulated meditation, as well as early morning exercise, I feel I am on the path to clearing my conscience and maintaining emotional stability and mental and spiritual health.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thank you for your insightful responses and help; I am alone on this journey but being here feels like I have type of counsel, which is GREAT.</p>

Edited by WadeGarret

Injecting the brain with a syringe of semen would certainly cause damage, so returning jing to the brain has nothing to do with semen at all, which means that the jing here is not real semen. Rather, if we had to use any physical correspondence at all, we would have to refer to it as the most rarefied endocrine functions of the kidneys and reproductive organs in conjunction with a form of chi energy. Another way to think of it is simply the generative forces of the physical nature.Some people who practice Tao school methods sometimes feel an urge to release their semen because they cannot transform it, so they try hard to contain it using force or they try to forciblylead it up their spine to the brain. This type of practice is quite harmful, as any forceful methodsto pump the jing or chi to the brain can cause major physical problems.

The whole concept of "retaining semen" is WRONG.

Celibacy is based on transforming as you say.

1) stop using this phrase "retaining semen"

2) you don't want to create any semen in the first place. Any thoughts of reproduction cause the pineal gland to shoot Yuan Qi down the spine to convert your yin jing (ocean of qi or conception vessel) into generative fluid -

3) practice horse stance with thighs parallel to ground as much as possible - only QUICK FIRE method has the power to transform generative fluid back into yin jing. Quick Fire is deep fast reverse breathing kicking in when legs are vibrating 7 times a second from the extreme rebound of sympathetic nervous system to opposite parasympathetic relaxation extreme.

4) focus on Emptiness as the eternal yin-yang harmonization process of energy creation - so when you start seeing light this is from the yin qi created from the yin jing being ionized by the above extreme parasympathetic nervous system rebound - inner bliss.

5) any thoughts of reproduction - practice anal flexing - this is the Lower Magpie Bridge - it connects the front and back channels to sublimate the yin jing energy back into the conception vessel.

6) when qi moves out of the lower tan tien it turns into generative fluid - so the more you store up yin qi then the more generative fluid it will reverse to when the above are not followed. Conversely the more you sublimate and purify - the more qi you create.

Jing is not a physical substance replacing the word with semen is using the temporary body to approach the eternal, spiritual or non form and is a misunderstanding of alchemy.

In a monastery environment of all men celibacy would be the norm and lack of privacy would make emission difficult,so it is a natural situation just as when one is young or old with no interest.  

Claims of powers of retention one must also consider all day training and hard work involved in daily life not just retention being practiced.

This thread promotes the dangers of such a practice with no benefit to the practitioner.

It seems more important to fully engage in society as spiritual practice and find a partner to fulfill spiritual and sexual needs.

A practice in which one is trying to attain powers is in itself the obstacle to overcome. Otherwise it will manifest in your own reality, the gates around you will close.

Reproduction is waking up, paying bills  going to work, going to sleep things you do everyday and night to survive.We make babies once and a while. The mundane is also spiritual

• Like 1

Hello everyone. Well I am about day 15 in Semen retention.  I set myself out to a meditation plan. The only time I could do it, was very early in the morning. I forced myself to get up at 4:00am and Meditate. Sometimes, I could only get into the meditative state, only after about 30 minutes to an hour. This recent I sat in the meditation position for an hour and a half, and did not go into the meditative state at all.

The thing is, I am taking great precaution into keeping my mind balanced, and emotionally stable. I am taking the utmost precaution and meditating daily, somtimes for an hour or more to keep everything calm, and for energy and such.

And still.. My results are the usual.

Some days I can, other days I can't.

The days are becoming Tedious, sort of "Agonizing"

For instance, I have a headache, my body temperature is rising. My appetite not as much. (Which may be a good thing, depending on how you loo at it.)

However I do not want to go outdoors, I have no motivation to do anything. I have very little energy. I am clumsy, and lethargic. I am forgetful, and I am also becoming more disconnected once again.

I am trying to do this for strength but it is deteriorating me. If anyone has any advice, please help.

Thank you.

Hello everyone. Well I am about day 15 in Semen retention.  I set myself out to a meditation plan. The only time I could do it, was very early in the morning. I forced myself to get up at 4:00am and Meditate. Sometimes, I could only get into the meditative state, only after about 30 minutes to an hour. This recent I sat in the meditation position for an hour and a half, and did not go into the meditative state at all.

The thing is, I am taking great precaution into keeping my mind balanced, and emotionally stable. I am taking the utmost precaution and meditating daily, somtimes for an hour or more to keep everything calm, and for energy and such.

For instance, I have a headache, my body temperature is rising. My appetite not as much. (Which may be a good thing, depending on how you loo at it.)

However I do not want to go outdoors, I have no motivation to do anything. I have very little energy. I am clumsy, and lethargic. I am forgetful, and I am also becoming more disconnected once again.

I am trying to do this for strength but it is deteriorating me. If anyone has any advice, please help.

Thank you.

Make sure to balance "Sitting" practices with "Moving" practices. 

Thank you.

Jing/qi/shen is a spectrum and while retaining semen will prevent loss of Jing you can't do it in isolation.  You have to consider the general state of health and balance of your physical, energetic and consciousness bodies.  Unpleasant reactions will occur but you need to distinguish between the results of purification which are ok and the results of imbalance caused by your practice which are not ok.  You do not mention any positive results - so I feel that your practice is not right - but it's hard to say in truth over the internet.  Usually if purification is taking place then you can feel how positive energy is removing blockages - even though you might feel rough.

Remember that your thoughts, your emotional state, your energy state and your physical state are all interrelated.  If you carry physical tension then this both causes and is the result of energetic blockages and these in turn result in and result from emotions and mistaken concepts.  In other words you need to work with your whole being.  Without getting caught up in self-psychoanalysis you need to have a good understanding of your emotional range and reaction to things - such as not wanting to go outside.

You need a good understanding of Daoism, a good understanding of the meridians and energy system and how it works, develop qi sensitivity through meditation and/or qi gong and stay physically well balanced with a good diet.

Take it slowly and avoid doing violence to yourself by extreme practices until you have made substantial progress.  

Edited by Apech
  • Like 1

Jetpacks are great to fly around in.....If you have clear skies, the proper instruction manual and an instructor there to clear up any misconceptions you have regarding your interpretations of the manual. 

The more items you subtract from this list the rougher it may be in your flying. You can still fly, but it may very difficult and you may experience a very harsh learning curve.