Sign in to follow this  
Johan Aanen

New member - greetings

Hello all,

I just subscribed to the Dào Bums forum. I am very glad to be able to join this forum, as I have a great personal interest in Daoism. In order to clarify my interest, I'll give you a brief sketch of myself and my background. I hope to be able to enjoy a great time together on this digital meeting ground! 

Greetings,

Johan Aanen

Utrecht, Netherlands

Me?

I'm Johan Aanen, 30, male, living in Utrecht (NL). I have a strong interest in Daoism. I studied Philosophy of Religion at the VU University in Amsterdam. But I started studying the Daodejing at age 17, when I started delving into philosophy, from the East mostly. More than 10 years later, I am taking this study to a new level: I am trying to learn Chinese and see my personal study of the Dao as a possibility to put meaning/sense into practice. 

Background

I've been living in the Netherlands since I was born (I'm a Yin Wood Rat). I grew up in a quiet place. Moved to Amsterdam for my study. Now I live in Utrecht. I enjoy many things, like music, calligraphy, learning about nature, myself and other people. Most of the time, I endeavor to put voluntary simplicity into practice. 

More info?

Don't hesitate to contact me if you want to know more. 

• Like 3

Hello Johann, and welcome to the forums!

Glad you found your way to us, thank you for that insightful introduction :-)

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TDB team

Dear all,

Thank you all for welcoming me to the forum. 

@Soaring Crane: thank you for attending me to the proper house rules. I will abide. 

@Blue Eyed Snake: Hi! Leuk om hier ook een Nederlander te ontmoeten ;-) 

@Cobi: Nice to hear you found the book you were looking for! 

Sign in to follow this