3bob

US law enforcement gone to hell

Hmnn, I wonder in the end, if the greatest weapon of all is the camera?

This is from the top of my head and sounds extreme right wing and fascist even to me, anyhoo... I just entered my kids high school and had to give them my drivers license and they took a picture of me and printed a sticker I had to wear. What if all housing required not name, address and picture to be sent to some database. Make it mandatory, immediate and easy, take a clear picture with a camera and email or text it to a number.

A crime is committed take a picture, its linked to the database and most of the time the perp might be caught, less need for force, literally shoot first, A Picture, sent to a 911 kind of place that matches it as quickly as possible and pertinent information is relayed.

Sounds left-wing and facsist to me but I get the idea. Not exactly a new one, either. The face-recognition software needed is almost at that point now.

Chips implanted in people's necks to track them and, if necessary, deliver a debilitating shock would be more efficient...

• Like 1

police protocols that lead to escalation of further violence are not helping matters one bit...

Like the story of the over the top cop body slamming the old Indian man into the ground and partially paralyzing him as he was just walking down the street of his sons neighborhood minding his own business and who happened to have a poor understanding of English when the cop proceeded to accost him, instead of the cop taking rational, step by step actions to deal with a situation that did not call for that amount  of force! (thus giving or helping to give good cops a bad rep)  It is also insane to me for any cop to think that they can body slam people to the ground or concrete (especially in a non-dangerous situation) and then stick their knee into that persons neck or spine and believe that that person should not move in any way through some form of purely instinctive self-defense! 

Sounds left-wing and facsist to me but I get the idea. Not exactly a new one, either. The face-recognition software needed is almost at that point now.

Chips implanted in people's necks to track them and, if necessary, deliver a debilitating shock would be more efficient...

Are you equating left wing and fascism? If so, you are absolutely wrong.

• Like 1

I think he meant totalitarianism not fascism. "Totalitarianism is a political system in which the state holds total control over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life wherever possible." 

• Like 1

I was actually correcting thelerner's mild case of political dyslexia. It is a common ailment.

:)

Communism, fascism, nazism, etc. -- just kissing cousins in the family of totalitarianism despite their family squabbles.

Small government? Limited government? Unobtrusive government? Noninvasive government? Personal property rights? Individual liberties? Rule of law?

The reader can decide for themselves whether labels are needed.

Small government? Limited government? Unobtrusive government? Noninvasive government? Personal property rights? Individual liberties? Rule of law?

The reader can decide for themselves whether labels are needed.

Small government, limited government, unobtrusive government, and noninvasive government could be labelled Daoism as per the Daodejing.

• Like 1

i have begun to understand (it took time, as you know) that left wing is the anti fascism.

left wing is the champion of the common people---and to be left wing takes huge amount of courage

as opposed to the timidity of right wingers who hold to old out dated belief systems.

• Like 2

I know that his was a dead thread but something came across my mind today that fits in well with this thread.

This morning two news site had a story about the FBI investigating The Dog Whisperer (Ceasar 911) for cruelty to animals.

The FBI????  What the fuck?

Don't they have enough work looking for terrorists and organized crime?

Do they even have authority to investigate accusations of cruelty to animals?

But any, the articles have been pulled.  No more talk about the FBI and the Dog Whisperer.

Just like recently the FBI trying to force a computer company to write a code so that the FBI can hack everyone's phone conversations.

What the fuck is going on with my country!

• Like 2

Don't know about the Dog Whisperer (like the show & I don't have a dog) but I can understand authorities wanting to break into a cell phone that was used by a murdering couple which might have leads.

... but I can understand authorities wanting to break into a cell phone that was used by a murdering couple which might have leads.

Consider that the FBI was given the password by Apple but the FBI told Apple to change the password.  Now they want to ability to hack into anyone's cell phone communications.

They already had the password.  Why would they tell Apple to change the password so they could no longer get records from the system and then tell Apple to write a program so that they could hack into anyone's phone?

The FBI has already killed the murders.  They have traced the source of the weapons.  What they want is the ability to spy on Americans.

• Like 1