Sign in to follow this  
Arya

Why do we enjoy sex without the intent to reproduce?

You seek and enjoy sex because you haven't realized the jhanas.

The 5 second orgasm that sex gives you pales in comparison to hours of jhanic bliss.

Very few people can master their mind. It is not easy.

:)

You seek and enjoy sex because you haven't realized the jhanas.

The 5 second orgasm that sex gives you pales in comparison to hours of jhanic bliss.

Very few people can master their mind. It is not easy.

:)

You thought it would be that easy?? Love-making and by extension the love between the sexes can last for a lifetime. It can last for an eternity even. Love-making by itself can be done for hours & hours.

By doing Jhanas too much you are pretty much headed to some higher realm outside of desire one. So your karma matters not. You shouldn't even be in society if you want to perfect Jhana and mind control gets easier after you've left society and are secluded except for maybe going around for alms.

But when you come back after Godhood to the human form when your merit exhausts then you'll be left with the same karmic conditions are when you left the human form. That's why it's better to cultivate worldly skills so that you can spend your time lavishly here as well and then go do some meditation down in the forest or mountains later on in life to become a celestial.

Focusing on Jhana for me has left me utterly lazy in regard to worldly matters. It's a very eerie existence, like you're neither here nor there, somewhere stuck in the middle. Suffering is right around the corner, you'd rather just leave everything and go sit in a cave.

Can't assimilate higher consciousness & awareness whilst living in society unless you have some beneficial existence in regards to people, say like a healer or psychic medium.

But that's just me, your circumstances could be different.

Edited by Arya

Sign in to follow this