Basil

neidan for dummies?

Re:

-----

"Neidan is internal alchemy- so it should bring evident and discernable reactions such as "siddhis" or 'abilities above the human standard'"

"If it does not, then it is in the same grouping as QiGong"

-----

I'm not so sure about these statements.

For example, many abilities can be attained from things like Iron Shirt type qigong that could fit the concept of "abilities above the human standard".

I do not believe the qigong I learned is "better" than any other, so this must be true everywhere.

And, in neigong we are moving towards a form of growth that is reaching into non-human, or ex-human - so the whole comparison falls apart. The completed spirit body is an ex-human (and, eventually, "cosmic") entity if attained through neigong or other human endeavors on Earth.

At this point, we are actually uncovering the methods of true space travel, without tin cans.

Actually, I should stop here.

Because it is obvious that this is not really a "For Dummies" topic in the modern era.

-VonKrankenhaus

I iron my wet clothes by wearing them and creating enough body-heat to vaporize the water in the garments. Iron Body i call it.

Sorry i cant help myself, i blame Apech for being funny in the first place!

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 1

Neidan is internal alchemy- so it should bring evident and discernable reactions such as "siddhis" or 'abilities above the human standard'

If it does not, then it is in the same grouping as QiGong

QiGong, NeiGong, NeiDan, in the quest for JinDan

Real MoPai is the real deal- it is powerful and will bring effective change to the practitioner.

The overlapping, and some bad information and some shady dealings exist in all branches of the internal arts = so we can't blame the systems but rather the teachers/students.

Example: You build internal power then compete in pushhands... your opponent goes flying.

Leverage and skill not withstanding- real internal power is demonstrable.

I train in Michael Winn's neidan system and I have experienced much greater clarity, more empathy, a lighter body, less sickness, more understanding of myself and my purpose in life, more intuitive "knowing" of things, more creative energy and much other stuff.

That to me seems way more rewarding than some siddhi skills that can send people flying - why would you be interested in those?

When one is born, one learns to do many things that are unnecessary, and can be seen as "side-paths".

When we recognize the unfolding layers of qi, and how this unfolding limits our life and potential, we can then see how turning back and nurturing our root can help to preserve us, and can help us wind back the unwound to slip through time to the origin and culmination of all.

In this process we go beyond ourselves, become more than just what we were born as, and manifest powers as the sun, the moon, the stars, the cosmos might employ. We know that using these powers intentionally leads us that much more in the direction of unwinding. And yet we have found ways to continue existing within our bodies, continue walking, moving, as cultivating harmony in our illusory existence deems necessary, simply following ziran. In this way we do not intentionally choose to unwind, but allow ourselves to be drawn forth into flowing with our environs, and so merge with and help heal and wind back our environs, help connect and nourish that which is separating all around us, all unintentionally.

Drifting upon the winds, sparking a fire, speaking into a mind, navigating a battle, all can be within divine operation if one simply follows where lead, one with the dao.

Even beginners can apply this through nurturing acceptance and trust, following where lead and applying the proper application of power internally to achieve constant centered-ness.

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 2