Kiwi Ninja

Kundalini Awakening verses Spiritual Awakening

Initially it is not necessarily so much a change from separateness to unity - but it always is a shift in the sense of self - typically two elements - the falling away of identity and the falling away of fear. Unity consciousness often comes later or rather separation identity falls away.

In Actual Awakening - there is a radical shift in the sense of self - at least in my case and all cases I am familiar with. It is a stunning change.

And it is consistently more defined in terms of what continues to fall away than what is added.

Edited by Spotless

Once again the quote(excerpt). Kudos to the guy(named Dominicus there) who did the trip to see the Master and deliver the info to the internet.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread999026/pg1

So what did he have to say? 

Quite simple. He said no matter the path, it boils down to the 3 Dan Tiens. The 3 energetic gateways to Consciousness, Truth, Enlightenment 

Upper Dan Tien is Pure Subjectivity, but also simultaneously Pure Consciousness. So there is both a center point or the pure light of cognition/attention, but also it is a spacious field and is what creates the Halo of Light around the head you see in pictures of Saints. Think Buddha, Christ, Various Sikh Masters, etc 

Middle Dan Tien is the Source of Conscious, the Soul, the Portal for the head based Consciousness to reach its Source, like a drop of water entering the Ocean, an Ocean of Infinite Light, Infinite Bliss, the Multi-Faceted Diamond, the Inner Spark of Life, existence, Consciousness. The Zero point of Non-duality it is the centerless center. At this point as well, is the Light of Consciousness which begins to flood and change the body. Eventually one reaches the Light Body via a flooding of and living off this light of consciousness 

Lower Dan Tian is the point at the very bottom of the breath, when you breath deep, it is the small crack between the end of exhalation, the begining of inhalation. This point is the Source of Vitality, the Source of Beingness, the Unborn Emptiness prior to all things including Consciousness. The void the precedes everything and anything. It is the point where Buddha reached Enlightenment, where emptiness is form, and form is emptiness. 

Eventually The upper DT merges with the middle, the middle then merges with the lower, and all 3 become one. 

Additionally, kundalini occurs eventually in the path, opens all channels & chakras. He spoke of the Solar Plexus Chakra which when opened, unlocks the rib cage and unlocks breathing. He spoke of an unlocking of the Lower DT where breathing becomes alive and deepens naturally and becomes extremely slow, all on its own, sometime leading to extremely long periods of no breathing at all for days. 

He also something very interesting. Speaking of the hundreds of thousands of tiny meridian like channels that flow through the body, all become unblocked with stagnant life force, to be replaced by emptiness, consciousness, and light of consciousness, a process he had undergone and now had access to attainment of rainbow body, but saw in his karma he needed to teach a bit before "leaving that way." Even so, he only sees a few people a week and is very much hidden, saying 

that only those who are supposed to find him by sheer grace and luck are the one's he speaks with. 

Other interesting things he said were that The conscious mind and subconscious mind where directly linked to the middle Dan Tian & Source of Consciousness. So those who use mantra and attention, are getting to middle DT via the channel that the subconscious arises through upon waking in the morning, and falls away to when falling asleep at night. 

He also said he has the ability for him as pure consciousness to leave the body at will and see/visit heaven and hell realms of various sorts as well as who is and isn't awakened to a high degree, because you can see their light of Consciousness shining from space and affecting the reality around them like a rock thrown in a pond making waves. Surprisingly, he mentioned the Eastern Orthodox Monks of Christianity as being highly developed and many who are also fully Enlightened. So too are Sufi masters, a large number of Yogi's around the world, some Sikhs, and Masters of various Paths including some new agers who use a conglomerate of techniques to penetrate into the inner mysteries. 

He said entering middle DT via mantra/attention, feeling your way into there, was the front door, whereas activating the upper DT and then surrendering so it drops down the spine into Middle DT was the back door. That surrender with minute level of will was the absolute master key key, however that to find the channel where Consciousness can return to its source at the front of the spine was something akin to entering a huge completely dark warehouse and trying to feel your way around with your hands in order to locate a single strand of a spider's web. 

Only that the warehouse was the size of your head, and there are ways to turn on the lights, breathing exercises that can be done to activate the spine, and a number of other things. 

• Like 3

For Tolle it was deeply physical in just the experience that I outlined - nearly identical in his own words. It was also an alteration along the lines I just mentioned regarding Presence.

I happen to be listening to a Tolle CD right now in my car.  His awakening experience, according to what I heard this morning, was as a result of losing everything - he didn't go into detail.  Said he had two coins in his pocket, that's all.

And I just learned the correct pronunciation of Tolle's name - it's Tol-lay, which came as a complete surprise to me.  I had always thought it was 'toll'.

My kundalini awakening was quite physical - in fact, the result of a slight fender bender where someone lightly rear-ended us.  It's what's called a 'spontaneous' awakening.  The funny thing is that as we were stopped behind another car at a signal, I heard brakes screeching behind us - I glanced into the rear-view mirror and saw the truck trying to stop; he couldn't.  But the odd thing was what my mind did.  As I saw the truck barreling toward us, my mind asked the question "Why am I manifesting this?"

I knew nothing about manifestation at the time.  I did not know Who I Really Am.  It was such an odd question for my mind to come up with, given that I was really into Castaneda at the time and had never given any thought to the manifestation aspect.

As a result of that incident, the kundalini arose.  I knew nothing about it, had never heard of it.  I know that what heralded the raising of the actual kundalini energy, several days after the accident, was the incredible loud sound of a train on a track going by my bedroom window.  (I lived nowhere near a train track).  Some people, I have subsequently read, will hear either a train or a tornado.  Either way, it's real spooky.  I don't know if that phenomenon is necessary for the rising.  I know I read somewhere where it is, but I'm not sure about that.

What I consider to be my own 'awakening' as opposed to the rising of the kundalini was more of a thing that happened over time.  The layers of personality need to be peeled back, examined; the rough edges must be filed down; the sense of separateness, me to you, must be removed.  The mind must have learned to achieve no-thought, complete rest.  This has culminated in me probably 10 years after my kundalini awakening.

But no doubt there is a connection between the two.  Perhaps the kundalini rising is an important part of removing the 'dross' from our inner selves.  I noticed after the kundalini started that the energy would tend to get stuck in a particular chakra.  Nobody told me to do this, but I sort of intuitively knew that there was something that needed work within me, pertaining to what the particular chakra signified.  So I would use the 'stucked-ness' of the K-energy as an indication that there was more of me that I needed to examine.  That maybe I was pushing too hard in some particular area.  Or that I wasn't saying something that needed to be said (if the energy was stuck in the throat chakra, for example).

Mysterious, this kundalini stuff.  There used to be a website called kundalinigateway.org, but I don't think it's up and running any more.  There was a bolt for every nut there - much like our beloved site, lol.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 4

In one of Tolle's interviews he talks of being in the stillness and non-inertia state I described. He goes on to say that he was suddenly motivated to go to California - and so he moved to California on this intuitive knowing. Upon arriving there and for some time nothing presented itself and he even got to the point of questioning what he had done and arranging a ticket back to England when just as subtly he was drawn to write and so on and so forth.

His rendition is nearly identical on a broad level in those initial years. This was also the case for Adyshanti, Ann Fraizer and a whole host of others detailing their accounts in the initial phases. The first phases are often bewildering - I was hit with them in constant awe and excitement night after night in meditation but left with this raw presence and a mass of shell games gone - a chorus of "me" - fallen away - falling away. This actually happened fairly suddenly in meditation - vast chunks in a landslide.

In the East we have people going into caves and not talking for several years - in the West we have people sitting on benches for several years - seems different and seems the same. In most of the Western details the person often just wishes to sit - in India it is what one would do in such a situation.

I spent quite a few years finding my voice - I have found it - only just recently - in my last wave of transformation suddenly a voice has appeared and I do not know what will be said but it flows now more than before. "I" was reticent to step forward in my Awakening - the footings needed matriculation - and I was pummeled again and again and again with changes week after week year after year.

I am somewhere into my forth/fifth year now since this permanent change and the waves of change are only becoming greater and more frequent.

• Like 2

In the East we have people going into caves and not talking for several years - in the West we have people sitting on benches for several years - seems different and seems the same. In most of the Western details the person often just wishes to sit - in India it is what one would do in such a situation.

Seems like the motivation would be different.  A person going out of his way to live in a cave is probably looking for total silencing of his thoughts, avoidance of 'unreal' phenomena.

A fellow sitting on a bench, repeatedly over the years, is most likely people watching out of boredom, no?  And not mindful of the inner judgmental dialogue going on as people pass? (Assuming he's like most folks)

Seems like the motivation would be different.  A person going out of his way to live in a cave is probably looking for total silencing of his thoughts, avoidance of 'unreal' phenomena.

A fellow sitting on a bench, repeatedly over the years, is most likely people watching out of boredom, no?  And not mindful of the inner judgmental dialogue going on as people pass? (Assuming he's like most folks)

This was in reference to Tolle, myself and many others here in the West. After Echart Tolle became Awakened he basically sat around on a park bench for two years and took in the transformation. Most of those East or West - when Awakened are at first somewhat taken by the stillness and in India they will often vacate to a proper retreat. It may or may not be an actual cave and they are not going there to become Awakened, but the reference was to show that Awakening in all countries has the same basic face and that is frequently one of being overwhelmingly drawn to just sit for a time and frequently.

You can't parse "awakening". It's all awakeness. This is awakeness typing on a computer, or eating a meal, or sitting in silence. This is awakeness having kundalini, or meditating. You're already it, the only difference is whether you're trying to attain what you already are, or you're just sitting with it.

The descriptions of people wanting to sit endlessly in silence are accurate of people who are new to the experience. We don't need to qualify it as anything, whether enlightenment or otherwise. It just is.

The transition from sitting in silence to returning to the world of action seems separated from the outside looking in, but it's not. You just come to understand that the experience never leaves, no matter what is happening or not happening.

• Like 1

I think the reason why people like Tolle sit on a bench for a few years, or Ramana Maharshi sit in a cave for a few years after awakening is that all their motivations before that point came from egoic drives, so after awakening all those fall away so what is there to do? after some time greater motivations come into play but it takes time to adjust, just like it takes time to learn how to talk or walk when we are babies. 

• Like 2

You can't parse "awakening". It's all awakeness. This is awakeness typing on a computer, or eating a meal, or sitting in silence. This is awakeness having kundalini, or meditating. You're already it, the only difference is whether you're trying to attain what you already are, or you're just sitting with it.

The descriptions of people wanting to sit endlessly in silence are accurate of people who are new to the experience. We don't need to qualify it as anything, whether enlightenment or otherwise. It just is.

The transition from sitting in silence to returning to the world of action seems separated from the outside looking in, but it's not. You just come to understand that the experience never leaves, no matter what is happening or not happening.

Yeah but do you realise that not just as an intellectual understandiung but as a fully embodied felt experience at all times in all situations, and if not why not

There's actually an interesting story about Ramana sitting in the cave.

The story is that Ramana was cultivating nirvikalpa samadhi. The approach generally followed by Samkhya yogis was essentially to develop nirvikalpa samadhi, and then stay in it for longer and longer periods (interestingly, there is a similar technique in some Theravada schools.). The point eventually is to enter into nirvikalpa samadhi before death. 

Evidently, once the panditas got to Ramana, they explained to him that according to the scriptures, there is no difference to the atman between being in nirvikalpa samadhi or not. Once he realized this, he gave up cultivating nirvikalpa samadhi all the time. 

I think the reason why people like Tolle sit on a bench for a few years, or Ramana Maharshi sit in a cave for a few years after awakening is that all their motivations before that point came from egoic drives, so after awakening all those fall away so what is there to do? after some time greater motivations come into play but it takes time to adjust, just like it takes time to learn how to talk or walk when we are babies. 

Precisely!

Yeah but do you realise that not just as an intellectual understandiung but as a fully embodied felt experience at all times in all situations, and if not why not

Where does the requirement that it has to be at all times arise from? Parsing it into intellectual or embodied is not relevant to the question.

You already are that, at all times.

Please restate your question?

Edited by Orion

Where does the requirement that it has to be at all times arise from? Parsing it into intellectual or embodied is not relevant to the question.

You already are that, at all times.

Please restate your question?

There is no requirement, but it's a matter of living in the truth or not. Ultimately it doesn't matter if you live in the truth because you can't stop being it, but subjectivity to the individual it makes a big difference to the level of peace or fear they live in.

Say you have a winning lottery ticket in your wallet but never check it or cash it in, you are a millionaire but continue to live in struggle because you don't realise it.

It's the same with realisation, you are it at all times but unless it is continually recognised then what is the use?, you go on believeing you are something else. Then there are different levels of realisation, where one can realise it just as an intellectual understanding but in their daily life they are continually triggered back into thinking they are something else

So even though we are it at all times the recognition of that isn't always there and can be embodied to different degrees.

• Like 2

The Kundalini is an integral part of spirituality, it is the basis of the whole thing. Kundalini is a type of energy but so is Consciousness. Even matter is a type of condensed energy.

What you refer to as Kundalini awakening, where it is lifted up towards the pineal gland via the spine, is actually an advanced practice which is something that only a male and female couple working together in a loving relationship can achieve, through the sexual union of course. There are no negative effects from this.

Awakening refers to activating and utilizing the free consciousness that is not contained within the ego (subconsciousness, habits etc) such as anger, lust, pride etc. By actively working to observe the defects in action everyday, restraining them and then eliminating them via comprehension within meditation, the consciousness that is asleep and trapped by those aggregates (egos) is liberated to become free consciousness.

The kundalini is the sexual energy, so if you waste it by orgasm (men and women) or by ejaculation then you are wasting the vital principals and energy you need to assist in freeing trapped consciousness and developing the inner bodies (when you meet you partner and start practicing further).

So they are all intertwined together, need each other to have a complete practice, otherwise the results will not come to fruition.

Edited by FieryWind
  • Like 1

There is no requirement, but it's a matter of living in the truth or not. Ultimately it doesn't matter if you live in the truth because you can't stop being it, but subjectivity to the individual it makes a big difference to the level of peace or fear they live in.

Say you have a winning lottery ticket in your wallet but never check it or cash it in, you are a millionaire but continue to live in struggle because you don't realise it.

It's the same with realisation, you are it at all times but unless it is continually recognised then what is the use?, you go on believeing you are something else. Then there are different levels of realisation, where one can realise it just as an intellectual understanding but in their daily life they are continually triggered back into thinking they are something else

So even though we are it at all times the recognition of that isn't always there and can be embodied to different degrees.

Like you said, you are "it" at all times, so what's the point in trying to be it.

The only difference between someone who lives a diverse life with the full spectrum of emotions and mental occurrences who is awakened and someone with all that and isn't, is the awareness that they're not the story they're living. That they're not the one doing it. That there is no control and it's all just arising and dissolving.

I understand what you mean by intellectual vs. embodied experience. That part makes sense. But that the embodied experience mitigates suffering, I'm not sure I agree. Awakened people still suffer, enlightened people still suffer, the only difference is that they sink into the suffering via awareness that they are not the suffering, that it's just happening without a story behind it. There is no identifying ego layer, or if there is, there's a focus on the subtle awareness that the ego is not really happening either.

I think we're saying the same thing, it's just semantics at this point.

Edited by Orion
  • Like 1

The Kundalini is an integral part of spirituality, it is the basis of the whole thing. Kundalini is a type of energy but so is Consciousness. Even matter is a type of condensed energy.

What you refer to as Kundalini awakening, where it is lifted up towards the pineal gland via the spine, is actually an advanced practice which is something that only a male and female couple working together in a loving relationship can achieve, through the sexual union of course. There are no negative effects from this.

Awakening refers to activating and utilizing the free consciousness that is not contained within the ego (subconsciousness, habits etc) such as anger, lust, pride etc. By actively working to observe the defects in action everyday, restraining them and then eliminating them via comprehension within meditation, the consciousness that is asleep and trapped by those aggregates (egos) is liberated to become free consciousness.

The kundalini is the sexual energy, so if you waste it by orgasm (men and women) or by ejaculation then you are wasting the vital principals and energy you need to assist in freeing trapped consciousness and developing the inner bodies (when you meet you partner and start practicing further).

So they are all intertwined together, need each other to have a complete practice, otherwise the results will not come to fruition.

Quite a bit here patently untrue:

Quote from above: ""What you refer to as Kundalini awakening, where it is lifted up towards the pineal gland via the spine, is actually an advanced practice which is something that only a male and female couple working together in a loving relationship can achieve, through the sexual union of course. There are no negative effects from this.""

Also:

Quote from above:

""The kundalini is the sexual energy, so if you waste it by orgasm (men and women) or by ejaculation then you are wasting the vital principals and energy you need to assist in freeing trapped consciousness and developing the inner bodies (when you meet you partner and start practicing further).""

This is a very constrained view - that kundalini is the sexual energy.

Intellectually and practically the first idea that it requires a male and female is just incorrect.

The second idea - as to what kundalini is - is intellectually a partial truth and experiencially it is incorrect - far too constrained.

I personally think there are quite a few different types of awakening.

There are the ball-less types of awakening like ekhart tolle, and so many other ball-less wonders who bore the internet these days, with their smooth voices and their fake unrumpable unruffabable dispositions.  

To be fair though, it is an attainment, but to me its barely worth mentioning. Its like putting your hand up saying look how special I am I can see whats right in front of me!

Of the teachers in this branch I do like Mooji just because he seems like he actually does have a personality and would be fun to hang out with.  Do you see the way his lovely women devotees stare at him though? There is no way he is not shagging most of them, and we are probably only minutes away from hearing about the sex scandal.

I also like Rupert Spira and Greg Goode.  If it doesn't happen for you via such clear inquiry lines then your probably a bit to 'thick' still, and should do other things, like purification practices for a while before trying again.

It does not make your life perfect, give you perfect morals and compassion or anything like that though, because the 'person' you are does not just disappear, but rather continues to coexist with the new awareness of the 'awareness' background.

That kind of awakening is hardly deep though.

Something like Kundalini is an awakening to unity, once it reaches the crown, and of energy and substance. Once it goes, at least if it completes, you will never ever not be able to feel the oneness or wholeness behind and including everything ever again. Its just right there.

Some however may want and miss the intensity of the first experience, and over time they will get more and more satisfied with what they can now feel naturally, especially as their concentration ability increases.

Kundalini may or may not give the type of awakening that the neoadvaita peeps describe.  I rarely hear Kundalini types waffling on in that bland manner about how "everything already is just as it is, and no body has to do anything because it is already the way it will always be!".   K heads are usually far more alive seeming, unless they are in Samhadi or absorbtion. They are usually deeply keyed into the dynamism of life, and are living with far more vividness and sense of the cosmic underpinnings {other than just consciousness} and bliss and vitality than the white cardigan wearing grey little neoadvaitans could possibly deal with without bursting a ventricle.

It does not make your life perfect, give you perfect morals and compassion or anything like that though, because the 'person' you are does not just disappear, but rather continues to coexist with the new awareness of the cosmic vibrating background.

When it comes down to it however I think these are really two sides of the same level of awakening. The consciousness side and the energy and substance side. The boring and incredibly peaceful consciousness of consciousness and the sometimes overexciting energy and happenings and consciousness of cosmic stuff. Ideally both would be present to round each other out.

After that it gets deeper.

The pairing away of the restrictions that make consciousness seem bound to location, or locally focused. {this may have been temporally experienced during K at crown awakening or during neo-advaita awakening.)

The deeper realizations of the emptiness or illusiory or dreamlike nature of all things, the blossoming of true and deep compassion to serve for all time, and the cessation of suffering and attachments in the normal sense as a result of deeper and deeper knowledge. 

• Like 2

Sorry if i seem overly hostile to the neo-advaitins, its just that I am. 
Well not really, I really like some of them, but the students, so many of the students, ugh, get the bug spray.

Its the superior tone, which I'm very fond of when it is coming from me, but I am intelligent.  

When self inquirers say they don't have or need a spiritual practice because they just notice what is already always going on, or they just notice the urge to seek, then ask who is seeking and realize that there is no seeker, and then are too stupid to realize that that is a spiritual practice in itself, and that their supposed dropping of doing, is exactly a doing, and one that is no better than plenty of other high level spiritual practices.

They drive me nuts.  

Dinner parties where awesome different spiritual discussions are happening but oh no, someone brought a neo-advaitin as their +1.  Suddenly their mewling voice is whining across the table, telling people they don't need to waste their time with their various paths and practices, because its all doing or seeking, and you just need to realize blah blah 

Anyway, rant over.

I agree with this, except possibly for the consciousness being an energy.

No, this is incorrect. It sounds like you are talking about moving sexual energy. That is not kundalini.

The kundalini is the sexual energy,

No. Kundalini is not semen, eggs, sexual fluids or ojas. It is fiery divine energy and can not be depleted. You cant run out of kundalini because it is not really personal energy.  But those energies and fluids can assist the awakening of K. 

so if you waste it by orgasm (men and women) or by ejaculation then you are wasting the vital principals and energy you need to assist in freeing trapped consciousness and developing the inner bodies (when you meet you partner and start practicing further).

This is a good point of discussion:

Generally speaking Kundalini has always had association with a rising from the spine and it is when experienced in its more notable levels way beyond anything the normal human experiences in terms of energy in their life. It is often described using such words as

"lightning" and that is an apt descriptor for some of the experiences. The nearest thing we experience in terms of the power is if we are nearly electrocuted from a 110v power source - it is a Very powerful energy that will surprise anyone that it is even possible our bodies could produce such an enormous current. Typically the initial blast is followed by an accomidation to the energy - if it was brought about by force such as certain sustained breathing techniques the consequences can take people years to recover from.

Other subtle forms of Kundalini are present everyday and in part of the confusion many energies are labeled together as in "we are all energy".

Buddha at the Gas Pump (batgap.com) is an extremely important archive of Western people who in their own words tell of their sustained awakening experience. These are not interviews with people who have had just insightful awakening experiences - they have Awakened (some of the interviews are with ordinary "interesting" people and are not Awakened).

The interviews offer a deep insight into the process in our own western language and they offer those in practice and transition the possibility of finding an Awakened teacher - and one who speaks to us.

On another note - it allows us to see what jealousy and competition comes up in our judgement as we see everyday westerners "with the audacity to state that they have Awakened".

Yet it is quite clear they have awakened if it has happened to you - and the many different colors it takes is exciting and wonderful to hear fresh, untranslated and not put on a pedestal. It's so raw we find it difficult to accept - it is so foreign to the translations and pedestalized portrayals we have been absorbing into our judgement apparatus.

If you have been in transition to the Awakened state- getting used to it - it is immensely helpful to have over 300 interviews with people such as yourself who have had more time to adjust and who have adjusted in various ways for you to see and explore.

Kundalini experiences preceded some sustained awakening transitions in the interviews - it is no doubt a clearing energy and at once the door for transition on a sustained level. But it is definitely not necessary and the experience came come quite suddenly in other forms. One can have a huge transition of energy but it is suddenly throughout the whole expanse of the subtle bodies and extends well out into the air around ones body. It is like having the power of a thousand tigers in extraordinary calm residing within and without.

The transition can also come in one wave after another for a very long time - daily massive transitions that can proceed for years.

Absolutely mind boggling knockouts one after another in ever increasing and sustained doses.

Some of the on going changes are more subtle but equally powerful, like one day realizing residual patterns that seem to carry on are now gone - deeply imbedded things. One might have been raped by her father and suddenly it is not only de-energized but the entire event is seen in a positive neutral light and from an understanding not possible prior to awakening. Whole embedded positions become dead and lifeless - one no longer has any inertia in them.

It is not necessary to categorize the different energies and for the most part as you do so you wall in expectation and incorrect assumption. Generally Kundalini is explosive and decisive - my first experience with it was when I was around 10 or 11 years old - it came up my spine and flashed through my eyes like a lightening strike - I feared for my eyes and had no idea what had just happened.

On another occasion I was meditating for about 14 hours when quite suddenly I was blown out the top of my head and sat atop a volcano of energy about a foot or so above my head - as I slowly settled back amazing experiences continued and I continued in mediation for another 4 hours.

On another occasion I suddenly found myself moving into an old yoga pose that I would not have thought possible at the time - the one where you are inverted in an arch hands behind your head and stomach chest facing the sky and you are off the ground). My entire energetic bodies were in technicolor in extreme clarity.

In the Awakening experience day upon day whole chunks of me fell away - I was meditating every day for typically 3-6 hours and it has not ended - years now. Massive changes - constantly.

It is not a "mind" thing - though for many it must seem to be and obviously the meaning of "mind" is a thousand times more blurred than Kundalini.

For many it seems to be a mind thing because if they have not done a fair amount of practice then for them the changes will seem primarily "of the mind" while in fact they are primarily "of habit" which are far more physical animal than assumed. They appear to be of the mind because that is what races our mind for the most part - animal physical petty stuff - positions that mechanically defend themselves - vanity and abounding fear.

We are far less profound than we "think" and far more profound than we hope.

I am writing a book (that will probably take 5 years). In one tiny part, I summarize my experiences that got me from one point (medical-model skeptic) to another (point of writing the book related to psi {remote viewing}). A key turning point in my life was meeting a woman (a vietnamese boat person immigrant, who was half chinese, and grew up with her chinese herbalist aunts after arriving offshore in los angeles, and when I met her, was a "new age" sort teaching hands-on energy work and archetype meditations and misc. metaphysical stuff). A couple years after totally obsessing on hands-on energy work and archetype work, I had a kundalini rising, which of course I wouldn't have even believed existed two years prior.

This did not enlighten me. If there is the slightest doubt, several bums in the political flaming threads will assure you. :-)

It appears to have massively overstimulated heart throat forehead crown chakras, and damaged the crown chakra a bit. And led to two years of the most BIZARRE experiences of my life. Starting with being lucid 24/7 for most of a few months. And then... everything. Alternate realities, alternate timelines, a lot of stuff that seemed like it ought to be delta dream state but was in my actual reality... briefly! Entities and a profound sense of spirit, and a lot of crown symptoms (feeling 'rods of energy' through my crown and into me -- and IT REALLY HURT). Awareness of existing in multiple realities at once (and once briefly 'waking up from the lucid dream' of this one which was so brain-frying I hope it never happens again). Spontaneous psi and so much more. I fell in love with everything new (like the tree near my house) at the same time I 'disattached' from everything else. I had nearly instant manifestation for awhile just from thinking about something, often seeing my reality change within seconds to bring it to me -- I could make it happen on purpose about 80% of the time I tried. Wondering about a subject brought streams of energy info about it, that I could write down like channeling. I wrote a case study about it called 'Bewilderness' in '95 that I put online in '96. Anyway:

It KICKED MY ASS. It certainly did "open me up" energetically to a whole universe I didn't know before, including profound spiritual/divine connection, but perhaps because it was temporary or because there seemed to be some damage that I had to repair and took time to heal in the crown, it was mostly "total surreality and chaos for two years" and then massively calmed down, fortunately, because I was pretty "out there" by the time that was over! My interaction with and definition of chakras is a lot different now than most others I see.

So I go to look up the "official definition" of "kundalini rising" because if I'm going to mention it in passing, I figure I should define it, as most people in the west probably have no clue what it is.

And everything I find varies from referring to it as something merely spiritual, to stuff that sounds like it was written by armchair philosophers, to sources saying it's about enlightenment. HAHAHAHAHAHA

For me, mostly, it was like someone just accidentally turned up the volume "intensity" knob on my chakras heart-up, which was like a hard drug throwing me face-first into the worlds and experiences "at that level" -- for each of them. Of course I also spend 24 hours FREEZING TO DEATH FROM THE INSIDE before I got into warm water and the inner/outer finally adjusted. Apparently I had a 'block' on the "cold" channel at the heart level, so it was only the hot channel that rose past that.

(Trivia: a couple years ago, with massive health issues that were of unknown origin (but turned out to be a birth defect heart valve issue sending most my oxygen/nutrients out the valve and into uber-massive body edema), I was having a talk with my kundalini chakra and asked, if I ask for help clearing that block, would you hurt my heart? And he/she/they/it said it probably would somewhat. So I sighed and dropped that line of inquiry. But during an experience some time later, I begged for help clearing it, even if it hurt me, as long as it didn't kill me. This was followed by a really AMAZING experience that I felt really DID clear it, and then my crown chakra going into the divine in the most awesome way, and, arms-up lying in bed in astonished bliss after it was all over, I fell asleep. And woke up 3 hours having a major heart attack.

(Some time later I went back to K and said, what the heck! You almost killed me!! And they showed me this "plan" that looked like an engineer had made it -- it had this printed illustration of my body and the energy channels, and there was red pen with arrows and stuff, and there was technical-writing style pencil printing notes around it, and so on. I said, so this was on purpose? And they said yes. And I remembered that I ASKED for that EVEN IF it hurt me. Well. I came ten minutes from dying about 10 months later, and was saved with open heart surgery. I haven't had any close talks with K since that time, but I am still recovering. Anyway. I am HOPING that this means the block is now cleared!!)

The primary thing still with me related to that was an introduction to my angel of soul as some would call it, which is actually an evolving relationship -- the "knowledge and conversation" increases and actually kind of cycles depending on me. And that I was part of a four-fold soul (so three other, 'encompassing/nesting' identities), which had been in my spiritual/dream life but I hadn't consciously understood it until then, and my Aeons (which 15 years after the fact or so I discovered is a gnostic teaching but I had no idea WTH it was initially), and eventually a radical shift in my perception of and relationship with my chakras.

I perceived the equivalent of a "dark wet blanket over my crown" when a huge amount of my experience mellowed out. One of my inner identities told me that I had CHOSEN to "shut it mostly down" as I was pregnant and was living with someone threatening (possessed for some time. Yes seriously) and I was just moving into "survival mode."

It's been 25 years since all that began. I've been pretty 'normal' since, but for what I'd consider minor stuff.

Found this link when searching on definition:

http://www.nithyananda.org/article/scientific-study-kundalini-activation-its-benefits#gsc.tab=0

Anyway. So how can I refer to "kundalini rising" in a super short explanation -- preferably something I can fit into a long sentence at most -- that is not one of the retarded western obviously non-understanding of the topic?

RC

• Like 4

1 hour ago, redcairo said:

I am writing a book (that will probably take 5 years). In one tiny part, I summarize my experiences that got me from one point (medical-model skeptic) to another (point of writing the book related to psi {remote viewing}). A key turning point in my life was meeting a woman (a vietnamese boat person immigrant, who was half chinese, and grew up with her chinese herbalist aunts after arriving offshore in los angeles, and when I met her, was a "new age" sort teaching hands-on energy work and archetype meditations and misc. metaphysical stuff). A couple years after totally obsessing on hands-on energy work and archetype work, I had a kundalini rising, which of course I wouldn't have even believed existed two years prior.

This did not enlighten me. If there is the slightest doubt, several bums in the political flaming threads will assure you. :-)

It appears to have massively overstimulated heart throat forehead crown chakras, and damaged the crown chakra a bit. And led to two years of the most BIZARRE experiences of my life. Starting with being lucid 24/7 for most of a few months. And then... everything. Alternate realities, alternate timelines, a lot of stuff that seemed like it ought to be delta dream state but was in my actual reality... briefly! Entities and a profound sense of spirit, and a lot of crown symptoms (feeling 'rods of energy' through my crown and into me -- and IT REALLY HURT). Awareness of existing in multiple realities at once (and once briefly 'waking up from the lucid dream' of this one which was so brain-frying I hope it never happens again). Spontaneous psi and so much more. I fell in love with everything new (like the tree near my house) at the same time I 'disattached' from everything else. I had nearly instant manifestation for awhile just from thinking about something, often seeing my reality change within seconds to bring it to me -- I could make it happen on purpose about 80% of the time I tried. Wondering about a subject brought streams of energy info about it, that I could write down like channeling. I wrote a case study about it called 'Bewilderness' in '95 that I put online in '96. Anyway:

It KICKED MY ASS. It certainly did "open me up" energetically to a whole universe I didn't know before, including profound spiritual/divine connection, but perhaps because it was temporary or because there seemed to be some damage that I had to repair and took time to heal in the crown, it was mostly "total surreality and chaos for two years" and then massively calmed down, fortunately, because I was pretty "out there" by the time that was over! My interaction with and definition of chakras is a lot different now than most others I see.

So I go to look up the "official definition" of "kundalini rising" because if I'm going to mention it in passing, I figure I should define it, as most people in the west probably have no clue what it is.

And everything I find varies from referring to it as something merely spiritual, to stuff that sounds like it was written by armchair philosophers, to sources saying it's about enlightenment. HAHAHAHAHAHA

For me, mostly, it was like someone just accidentally turned up the volume "intensity" knob on my chakras heart-up, which was like a hard drug throwing me face-first into the worlds and experiences "at that level" -- for each of them. Of course I also spend 24 hours FREEZING TO DEATH FROM THE INSIDE before I got into warm water and the inner/outer finally adjusted. Apparently I had a 'block' on the "cold" channel at the heart level, so it was only the hot channel that rose past that.

(Trivia: a couple years ago, with massive health issues that were of unknown origin (but turned out to be a birth defect heart valve issue sending most my oxygen/nutrients out the valve and into uber-massive body edema), I was having a talk with my kundalini chakra and asked, if I ask for help clearing that block, would you hurt my heart? And he/she/they/it said it probably would somewhat. So I sighed and dropped that line of inquiry. But during an experience some time later, I begged for help clearing it, even if it hurt me, as long as it didn't kill me. This was followed by a really AMAZING experience that I felt really DID clear it, and then my crown chakra going into the divine in the most awesome way, and, arms-up lying in bed in astonished bliss after it was all over, I fell asleep. And woke up 3 hours having a major heart attack.

(Some time later I went back to K and said, what the heck! You almost killed me!! And they showed me this "plan" that looked like an engineer had made it -- it had this printed illustration of my body and the energy channels, and there was red pen with arrows and stuff, and there was technical-writing style pencil printing notes around it, and so on. I said, so this was on purpose? And they said yes. And I remembered that I ASKED for that EVEN IF it hurt me. Well. I came ten minutes from dying about 10 months later, and was saved with open heart surgery. I haven't had any close talks with K since that time, but I am still recovering. Anyway. I am HOPING that this means the block is now cleared!!)

The primary thing still with me related to that was an introduction to my angel of soul as some would call it, which is actually an evolving relationship -- the "knowledge and conversation" increases and actually kind of cycles depending on me. And that I was part of a four-fold soul (so three other, 'encompassing/nesting' identities), which had been in my spiritual/dream life but I hadn't consciously understood it until then, and my Aeons (which 15 years after the fact or so I discovered is a gnostic teaching but I had no idea WTH it was initially), and eventually a radical shift in my perception of and relationship with my chakras.

I perceived the equivalent of a "dark wet blanket over my crown" when a huge amount of my experience mellowed out. One of my inner identities told me that I had CHOSEN to "shut it mostly down" as I was pregnant and was living with someone threatening (possessed for some time. Yes seriously) and I was just moving into "survival mode."

It's been 25 years since all that began. I've been pretty 'normal' since, but for what I'd consider minor stuff.

Found this link when searching on definition:

http://www.nithyananda.org/article/scientific-study-kundalini-activation-its-benefits#gsc.tab=0

Anyway. So how can I refer to "kundalini rising" in a super short explanation -- preferably something I can fit into a long sentence at most -- that is not one of the retarded western obviously non-understanding of the topic?

RC

I have a concept of how kundalini fits into the big picture if you want to go there in this thread, though I can't speak to your actual request. I agree with certain aspects of your story, like your perspective on the cold channel, and the idea of a diagram of the subtle energy body. I found the kundalini care website to have interesting information, lots of diagrams there too :)  http://kundalinicare.com/kinds-of-kundalini-risings-2/

• Like 1