idiot_stimpy

Calling on the power of Mars

Icy cold showers, wearing red :).  Taking a martial art, especially a hands one, where most of the class is grappling against another, not punching or kicking at air. 

• Like 1

I like this 'Martial invocation' ; 

This is the day which down the void abysmAt the Earth-born's spell yawns for Heaven's despotism,And Conquest is dragged captive through the deep;Love, from its awful throne of patient powerIn the wise heart, from the last giddy hourOf dead endurance, from the slippery steep,And narrow verge of crag-like agony, springsAnd folds over the world its healing wings.Gentleness, Virtue, Wisdom, and Endurance--These are the seals of that most firm assuranceWhich bars the pit over Destruction's strength;And if, with infirm hand, Eternity,Mother of many acts and hours, should freeThe serpent that would clasp her with his length,These are the spells by which to reassumeAn empire o'er the disentangled doom.To suffer woes which Hope thinks infinite;To forgive wrongs darker than death or night;To defy Power, which seems omnipotent;To love, and bear; to hope till Hope createsFrom its own sreck the thing it contemplates;Neither to change, nor falter, nor repent;This, like thy glory, Titan, is to beGood, great and joyous, beautiful and free;This is alone Life, Joy, Empire, and Victory!
Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Mars is the action planet of the zodiac. The 'Red Planet,' after all, should be pretty fiery, and Mars does not disappoint. Energy, passion, drive and determination are all right up Mars's alley. This planet commands you (and yes, Mars does rule the military) to stand up, be noticed and get things done -- sitting on the sidelines belongs somewhere else in the heavens. Simply put, Mars speaks to the power and confident expression of the individual.

Ambition and competition are also within Mars's realm. Whether it's at work or on the field of play, Mars encourages us to face challenges and to be our best -- or better. Aggression is part of the plan here, although Mars also values courage and honor. Assertion and a daring, fearless nature please this planet.

It's important to note that Mars's energy can be constructive or destructive. The God of War in ancient times, Mars could be brutally violent. While this energy still emanates from the planet, it also asks us to harness this force for good. Stamina, ambition and achievement are all part of Mars' mantra.

Mars rules our sexuality and sexual energy, and governs weapons, accidents and surgery (the last two illustrating the yin and yang nature of this planet). In the end, however, the energy of Mars can be quite useful if used properly.

It takes nearly two years for Mars to complete its orbit through the zodiac. It is masculine energy and rules both Aries and Scorpio, and the First and Eighth Houses.

Interesting that I am made aware of the Energy of Mars while practicing celibacy at the moment, due to the conservation of sexual energy.

What does Mars have to do with my overall personality?:

Mars is like the volcano of vitality inside you that must be released and channeled. Mars lights up when you become filled with desire, and this guides you toward your destiny. It influences aspects of character related to action, like endurance, persistence, discipline. The aspects with Mars in your chart show things like how you handle frustration and conflict.

Why is Mars called the Red Planet?:

Mars was named for the Roman God of War, and is also known as "the bright and burning one." Its landscape is red and orange ochre, and its sky is a swirly red-pink.

Keywords:

ambition, sexual desire, passion, determination, will to act, discipline, motivation, initiation, impulses, fire within, energy levels, expressing anger

What is the meaning of Mars in Astrology?:

Mars lights a fire under our passions, and then propels us like an ignited rocket toward our goals. This is an important energy, since it determines how we pursue what we want to achieve in life. These flashpoints burn a path toward what is possible, if we follow them.

What do you consider before taking action? What creates momentum in your life? How do you corral others to join you in some activity? The answer to these questions are dictated by Mars.

Sexually, Mars influences how you go about initiating a night of amour. Mars determines how you court a potential lover, from being cooly detached, to becoming ablaze with ardent intensity, and every style in between.

The planet is named for the God of War, but Mars energy only becomes a negative force when it serves the Ego, and not a higher cause. On a social level, it is a primal force that can become destructive when its collective power is harnessed for questionable purposes. Your Mars, or desire drives, can be co-opted and channeled by others. That makes a strong case for understanding your desires, and not allowing them to fall into shadow.

When Mars is "afflicted" or has many conflicts in a birth chart, it can lead to repressing the vital fire within. But not to be denied, a stifled Mars will eventually erupt, and emerge through temper tantrums or just a lowgrade, but constant irritability.

All Mars asks is to be channeled and given an outlet. When your own Mars nature is understood, it's easier to master. It guides you toward making the most of your potential through the use of your own natural assertiveness.

The balanced energy of Mars expressed is one exhilarating and terrifying sights to behold.

• Like 1

I admit, I don't give much attention to visions or the imagination because of my past dealings with it.

But when I called out to Mars, I saw the face of a grey wolf with glowing yellow eyes.

Does anyone know what the symbolic meaning of the 'Spear of Mars' is?

Walk the circle till you become enlightened. Hours and hours to no end, you either die or return to the Tao. :D

Like that Taoist sage (Hao Datong, the Taoist Master of Eternal Reality)who was digging one cave after another in Huashan (Flower Mountain) because once he finished digging one a Taoist came along and borrowed it until he finally attained the Way. :)

Dig, dig, dig...battle, battle, battle until you realise this is all a dream!

• Like 4

I admit, I don't give much attention to visions or the imagination because of my past dealings with it.

But when I called out to Mars, I saw the face of a grey wolf with glowing yellow eyes.

Does anyone know what the symbolic meaning of the 'Spear of Mars' is?

More from the Rite of Mars 

BRO. MARS. 1. Hail, sister of the Scorpion!

SOR. SCORPIO. Hail, Lord of the Eagle and the Serpent!

BRO. MARS. Amen. I appoint you to lead the army.

SOR. SCORPIO. Let us carry the holy symbols with sacred song and dance round the altar of Mars.

[All march round five times deosil before MARS in procession headed by SCORPIO, ARIES, CAPRICORNUS.]

Strike, strike the louder chord!Draw, draw the Flaming Sword!Crowned child and conquering Lord!Horus, avenger! [All resume stations.]Brother Aries, let us invoke the Master of the Battle.

BRO. ARIES. [advances and kneels to MARS] Mighty and Terrible One, we beseech thee to lead us the Battle. Here, by thy Symbols, thy Spear, the Sword, and the Drum, we pray thee to strengthen our arms and to defend our hearts.

(Thats a great bit to perform ! )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

But remember  - there is a hidden 'weakness' ... in Mars.  It is best dealt with as an impetus , very soon one has to hop trains and ride the energy invoked in a more stable form.

In the Planetary Rites , this is  symbolised by Sol's oration at the end of the Rite of Mars , when Mars voluntarily 'hands over' to the development of the energy to  Br. 'Sol in Aries' ;

[He turns and falls clasping SOL's feet. All prostrate themselves in adoration. SOR. SCORPIO plays her solar chant.] Papillon: Bohm.

[sOL in ARIES recites]

The world's great age begins anew,The golden years return,The earth doth like a snake renewHer winter weeds outworn;Heaven smiles, and faiths and empires gleam,Like wrecks of a dissolving dream.A brighter Hellas rears its mountainsFrom waves serener far;A new Peneus rolls his fountainsAgainst the morning star.Where fairer Tempes bloom, there sleepYoung Cyclads on a sunnier deep.A loftier Argo cleaves the main,Fraught with a later prize;Another Orpheus sings again,And loves, and weeps, and dies.A new Ulysses leaves once moreCalypso for his native shore.Oh, write no more the tale of Troy,If earth Death's scroll must be!Nor mix with Laian rage the joyWhich dawns upon the free;Although a subtler Sphinx renewRiddles of death Thebes never knew.Another Athens shall arise,And to remoter timeBequeath, like sunset to the skies,The splendour of its prime;And leave, if nought so bright may live,All earth can take or Heaven can give.Saturn and Love their long reposeShall burst, more bright and goodThan all who fell, than One who rose,Than many unsubdued.Not gold, not blood, their altar dowers,But votive tears and symbol flowers.O cease! must hate and death return?Cease! must men kill and die?Cease! drain not to its dregs the urnOf bitter prophecy.The world is weary of the past.Oh, might it die or rest at last!
  • Like 1

If a certain young circle walking lady was still here, she would be drawing this

mars_seal.jpg

on those chockies before eating them 

With less calling/clinging to the external, ones own internal power can shine.  

There is no need for power from any outside sources, there is already a dynamo of power waiting inside. 

• Like 1

Yes !   ... and its called    M A R S !  

(  Sorry , I went to 'the best party ever'  ;   fancy dress Olympian Gods party ... I went as Ares ... it still hasn't worn off yet    :D  .... I was a boasting bigmouth ( no .... more-so than usual ) , had a red pleated skirt and a sword, and tried to start fights ... several women flocked to me .... weird huh ?

Of course, I had to choose the one that came as  dressed as Aphrodite .... 

and   Aerope , Aglauros, Althaea, Anchiroe, ,Astyoche, . Atalanta, Caldene - daughter of Pisidus,  Calliope, Callirrhoe , Critobule,  Cyren . Demonice, Dormothea,  Dotis ,  Eos. Erinys of Telphusa . Harmonia . Otrera . Parnassa, Phylonome,  Protogeneia, Pyrene,  Sete-sister of Rhesus, Harpinna - daughter of Asopus ,  Persephone, Tanagra - daughter of Asopus,  Tereine - daughter of Strymo, Theogone,  Triteia ...   

:)

• Like 2

That guy Uncle bearheart (on youtube) seems to be a fun of this. He suggests approaching the sphere astrally to charge up. And like SOTG gave good advice, you need to balance, bearheart gives jupiter / hessed to balance. 

In reply to manitou's post intent muscle is astral / yesod / lunar (luna for females). Its the will of the inner self (=moon) to bend stuff with your will. 

As for the spear symbol, I am sure it has a relation to fire ox in chinese astrology :)

Just some things I know / think are right.... And I dont think wearing red clothes will help you...if you're going that route you need to find your own intristic motivation. Thats what mars does. <- regarding that, mars is very fire element, fire element is 'empty' on the 'inside' like the water element. Water element is more extreme by being empty on both external and internal. But fire only on the inside. So it has no 'inside' thats why a flame 'watches' (/looks/sees) all the time and only 'wills'?...

• Like 1