CodyWizard

Hi everyone

Hey!

Here is a little background...     When I was a kid I used to have visions of being an old chinese man in a blue robe drinking out of wood cups.

In early highschool I confomred and became an athiest. Then I ate a mushroom by the name of Aminta Pantherina... I experienced god like perception and everything changed. I studied yoga, and meditated and practiced pranayama for almost 8 years... finally breaking through into a state of super consciousness. After reaching that state, I could never get back there... I tried and tried, recieved terrible headaches, and then got extremely depressed. Life seemed so empty compared to that state.

I started drinking a lot, medicating with anti-depressants, anti-anxiety pills, two kinds of sleeping pills, cocaine, and cigarettes. This happened for a year or two.

I then stopped all that garbage...   and instead of focusing solely on spirituality or reaching enlightenmnet, I just allowed myself to face every dark emotion that came up. I wanted to die.

I then started going to a sweat lodge. They made me a fire keeper, and we did peyote ceremonies as well. I also started boxing, learning how to move my energy with such speed and power. I loved it. I was feeling good just doing the basics of life and making it through all the tough stuff that I was covering up with all those "drugs".

I then became empowered with work and money... eventually getting better and better jobs, and losing all my shitty and unnessary old spiritual perspectives on money. All the while studying the I-Ching, Carl Jung, Tao Te Ching, sacred sexuality, and relationships.

I dont follow any one teaching 100%. Even though I am totally open, I follow my own way, and my own unique path for what feels right in my own heart.

Right now im hoping to refine my inner energy, and realize the greatest, happiest, and most gently powerful version of my awesome self. Im still learning, always learning, and sometimes get lost. But thats okay! Cheers to that!

-Cody

• Like 6

Hello Cody, and welcome to the forums!

That's quite a story you presented, thank you :-)

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TDB team

• Like 1

You're sure in the right place Cody, lol.  A great big welcome to you.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

Hey!

Here is a little background...     When I was a kid I used to have visions of being an old chinese man in a blue robe drinking out of wood cups.

In early highschool I confomred and became an athiest. Then I ate a mushroom by the name of Aminta Pantherina... I experienced god like perception and everything changed. I studied yoga, and meditated and practiced pranayama for almost 8 years... finally breaking through into a state of super consciousness. After reaching that state, I could never get back there... I tried and tried, recieved terrible headaches, and then got extremely depressed. Life seemed so empty compared to that state.

I started drinking a lot, medicating with anti-depressants, anti-anxiety pills, two kinds of sleeping pills, cocaine, and cigarettes. This happened for a year or two.

I then stopped all that garbage...   and instead of focusing solely on spirituality or reaching enlightenmnet, I just allowed myself to face every dark emotion that came up. I wanted to die.

I then started going to a sweat lodge. They made me a fire keeper, and we did peyote ceremonies as well. I also started boxing, learning how to move my energy with such speed and power. I loved it. I was feeling good just doing the basics of life and making it through all the tough stuff that I was covering up with all those "drugs".

I then became empowered with work and money... eventually getting better and better jobs, and losing all my shitty and unnessary old spiritual perspectives on money. All the while studying the I-Ching, Carl Jung, Tao Te Ching, sacred sexuality, and relationships.

I dont follow any one teaching 100%. Even though I am totally open, I follow my own way, and my own unique path for what feels right in my own heart.

Right now im hoping to refine my inner energy, and realize the greatest, happiest, and most gently powerful version of my awesome self. Im still learning, always learning, and sometimes get lost. But thats okay! Cheers to that!

-Cody

One of the best introductions I've ever read.

It's wonderful to meet you Cody and a warm welcome to you.

• Like 1