3bob

3rd eye hype?

What's with all the 3rd eye hype?   It's a major mind power that can be used spiritually or abused demonically...  also why do us rookies think about and desire to open something if we can't really close it - if or when needed?

Btw, there are those that are super intuitive and insightful yet wisely never tinker around with certain practices on their own related to 3rd eye stuff yet in effect they have a partial opening in a key and important way.  (although without all the levels of astral visionary stuff - which falls under "the need to know" saying anyway)

• Like 1

What's with all the 3rd eye hype?   It's a major mind power that can be used spiritually or abused demonically...  also why do us rookies think about and desire to open something if we can't really close it - if or when needed?

Btw, there are those that are super intuitive and insightful yet wisely never tinker around with certain practices on their own related to 3rd eye stuff yet in effect they have a partial opening in a key and important way.  (although without all the levels of astral visionary stuff - which falls under "the need to know" saying anyway)

DMT will do it.

Mushrooms man. :-)

Like most spiritual concepts we discuss, to have a meaningful discussion we'd have to agree on a definition of the 3rd eye and what it means to open it.

I wonder if that is possible? 

In my view, if the 3rd eye is truly open, it cannot be abused or misused in any way as it is a direct connection to the truth which is love.

On the other hand, I suspect that many who seek to open the 3rd eye are lusting after power and something more than what they perceive they already are. In that mind-space, we often throw caution to the wind. 

• Like 3

Minds eye. Inner vision, altered consciousness.

DMT was the drug of choice-chemicals have resonance as does everything else-but mushrooms are the quickest way. I tried to get a Peruvian Shamen to get me the drugs, but he wouldn't. He told me I would be extremely ill having never built up a tolerance of the effects. DMT is a naturally occurring chemical in the spine/ brain stem which is perhaps where the idea of Kundalini comes from ?

The mushrooms grow symbiotically on the roots of pine trees and have been used in tribes for millennia. It's rumoured that this is the source of our tradition of Christmas trees and decoration. Collectors of the mushrooms would often line the branches of the trees with them when out foraging in order they dry in the sun which made carrying them easier. First Christmas ornaments were edible and it's interesting to find some ornaments are mushroom shaped or have mushroom designs.

Edited by Karl

Third eye is mid-brain structure and functions.

This determines image-making from various types of vibrations.

Most people today are barely making images from normal visual sense - there is so much they seem to miss.

Good functioning mid-brain can process beyond the visual spectrum, including "light" beyond ultraviolet, and "magnetism", etc.

One way of improving is physiological - regaining something like normal functioning.

Instead of shocking novice system by taking external DMT, internal DMT functions are developed by darkness trainings.

Darkness training basic concept (not full explanation) is using body homeostasis functions to withdraw or block from part of spectrum, in one case, the upper range of and past ultraviolet, by staying in infrared or below (darkness).

Results from training will depend on preparation and function of the person - because modern living is making functionality obstacles that decades of meditation training could not improve alone.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 2

Third eye is mid-brain structure and functions.

This determines image-making from various types of vibrations.

Most people today are barely making images from normal visual sense - there is so much they seem to miss.

Good functioning mid-brain can process beyond the visual spectrum, including "light" beyond ultraviolet, and "magnetism", etc.

One way of improving is physiological - regaining something like normal functioning.

Instead of shocking novice system by taking external DMT, internal DMT functions are developed by darkness trainings.

Darkness training basic concept (not full explanation) is using body homeostasis functions to withdraw or block from part of spectrum, in one case, the upper range of and past ultraviolet, by staying in infrared or below (darkness).

Results from training will depend on preparation and function of the person - because modern living is making functionality obstacles that decades of meditation training could not improve alone.

-VonKrankenhaus

interesting.

What's with all the 3rd eye hype? It's a major mind power that can be used spiritually or abused demonically... also why do us rookies think about and desire to open something if we can't really close it - if or when needed?

Btw, there are those that are super intuitive and insightful yet wisely never tinker around with certain practices on their own related to 3rd eye stuff yet in effect they have a partial opening in a key and important way. (although without all the levels of astral visionary stuff - which falls under "the need to know" saying anyway)

You are always using portions of your 3rd eye and once it is opened you can open and close it though you do not have to think about the process.

It has no demonic overtones to it and there is no need to fear that one might suddenly become demonic or abuse it - that is not to say one should not work on those aspects within that can become entranced by positions and waylaid by them.

The discussion here so far to this point is absolutely child's play regarding content and information with respect to the 3rd eye.

It is beyond profound in the very possible way and entirely useful and practical - but not in the childish ways people perceive.

It's greater aspects can be attained from hard work in the black arts - but at such loss and cost and effort - only to have a twisted rendition that must in the end undergo utter destruction to elemental form - oh - such a lowly creature is easily decommissioned when necessary - it cannot play in many realms - it cannot hid in many realms. This play on fear is in our culture/nature so deeply

But in reality the fear is the problem - the entitity issue and demonic stuff is trite crap that while real is a bit like acne - it's a phase and a fairly fleeting one at that - a phase in that for hopefully only a short time you become excited about the battle and do battle - after awhile no battles come because you are above the battle and those that are in it know to stay the hell away from you - it is not that you are fierce -it is that you know they are trite, stuck, and present zero threat.

The third eye presents nothing to fear - and it cannot be attained without considerable effort - whether by organic means or by black arts.

If by black arts some of the higher levels will not be accessible - ever.

The idea that it is a biological function is complete nonsense - yet in the subtle bodies there is an interface with the physical gross body.

The fantasies regarding the third eye are so intermixed with the realities that clarification requires volumes. Within this mix of information you have the trance practitioners and those who have taken the longer more refined and self realized root - they will have different accounts as one will be speaking from the self realized route, the other unless they have actually opened the third eye - which they generally do not - will be speaking of the abilities but not from an actualized standpoint - we have one who frequents these pages that is as such.

The third eye is not a "major mind power"

It might be labeled a "major spiritual abilities center"

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

I have met a lot of people with there 3rd eye open.

What I have found is that it is often a trap.

I have met people who have extreme gifts of seeing. What they don't realize is they are limited in there view to there level of depth. To how clear there window is.

I know people that can see so well it is like they can see the fabric of existence. They see themselves as one of the most powerful beings in the world.

It is that seeing that has held them back.

All the best,

Tom

I have met a lot of people with there 3rd eye open.What I have found is that it is often a trap.I have met people who have extreme gifts of seeing. What they don't realize is they are limited in there view to there level of depth. To how clear there window is.I know people that can see so well it is like they can see the fabric of existence. They see themselves as one of the most powerful beings in the world.It is that seeing that has held them back.All the best,Tom

Their is a big difference between clairvoyance and the proper meaning of the "Opening of the Third Eye".

It would be more than extraordinary to have met "a lot of people with their third eye open". The "gift of seeing" is clairvoyance, it also comes with the opening of the third eye but is is but a fraction of what the third eye encompasses.

It is also true that siddhi's however great - can be a block in the path.

Many lottery winners have found the winnings to be their downfall resulting in great pain and despair.

But this problem encountered with a vast increase in ones abilities has nothing to do with the third eye per se - it is a problem that exists across the board.

Practice is done in order to refine oneself and ones energies - not to attain abilities.

If it to attain abilities it is black magic in many cases - much of Christian practice is black magic though we do not see it as such - much of prayer is black magic - black arts.

The third eye is not attained in simple clairvoyance and trance means.

• Like 2

Not sure what you are getting at Spotless.

Nobody is talking about one doing ones practice to attain abilities. Abilities do happen. The problem with sight is that you see it. What you see you believe to be true. I can show you people on other sights who think they are so advanced because of what they see. They see themselves having a light body. They see themselves projecting and traveling around the universe. They see themselves with 11, 12 chakras opened..

It is all astral and it is the trap that I talk about.. because they are not there..

I do agree that attachments can limit ones growth. Attachment to abilities or to food or drugs or... We are not talking about that. Attachments is a different thread.

I will say that from my corner of the world I do met "a lot of people with their third eye open".

One thing of note...

Not everyone who opens their 3rd eye will have sight. Some "know" where others can see.

Edited by Jonesboy

Practice is done in order to refine oneself and ones energies - not to attain abilities. If it to attain abilities it is black magic in many cases - much of Christian practice is black magic though we do not see it as such - much of prayer is black magic - black arts.

Could you describe more what you mean regarding "much of prayer is black magic"?  

Thanks.

• Like 1

Could you describe more what you mean regarding "much of prayer is black magic"?  

Thanks.

Much of prayer is asking for manipulation - of others.

Not sure what you are getting at Spotless.Nobody is talking about one doing ones practice to attain abilities. Abilities do happen. The problem with sight is that you see it. What you see you believe to be true. I can show you people on other sights who think they are so advanced because of what they see. They see themselves having a light body. They see themselves projecting and traveling around the universe. They see themselves with 11, 12 chakras opened..It is all astral and it is the trap that I talk about.. because they are not there..I do agree that attachments can limit ones growth. Attachment to abilities or to food or drugs or... We are not talking about that. Attachments is a different thread.I will say that from my corner of the world I do met "a lot of people with their third eye open".One thing of note...Not everyone who opens their 3rd eye will have sight. Some "know" where others can see.

You are talking about clairvoyance and trance states intermixed with some relatively common things above the head - and you have no idea what it is that you are talking about.

Also - you need to restate the following correctly as I did for you here: Not everyone who has/opens their clairvoyance will have sight - some "know".

Edited by Spotless

Thanks.

I've come to understand "darkness", in the negative sense we are referring to here, as simply that which feeds itself from its environment, without giving back. Like a parasite or cancer cell, it can only sustain itself as long as there is food to feed on, and then it gives back when it dies, but during the course of its life it can cause much stagnation.

Regarding Christianity, we can see that the "church" has not always created harmony, and has kept itself alive through tithes, and of the promise of life in heaven after death, through prayer. I feel prayer for many people is often closely linked to their particular church, and is a form of sending energy to the church.

Even a taoist church I visited to had many constructs in place to ensure the continual gathering of its congregation in the church, even though there were very few living things in the church and it felt somewhat disconnected from the tao I am familiar with.

Meeting in a church is fine, praying is fine. I just find it odd that church based religions don't usually emphasize that the dao, or god, can be cultivated anywhere, and that everywhere is one's "church". I do hear this occasionally, but the various churches I grew up in tended to emphasize centralized worship. Perhaps emphasis on unconditional worship, and worship on the god within rather than the god the church describes, can result in the dissipation of a congregation, but that is OK. I think this is why many taoist priests are wanderers, flowing with the change without attaching. Darkness revolves around attachments, which tend to cause stagnation, preventing the natural recycling of energies as they adapt to change.

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 1

Spotless, I use the term "mind" to more or less cover/include everything up to and including the One, - thus right up to the non-manifest - with such being beyond the naming/mind - or call it the Tao if you will.

As for those screwing around with black arts, yes they would be utter fools to go up against the potentially blinding, irresistible, concentrated - white light torch of revealing and piercing vision that Jesus has.

Edited by 3bob

Like most spiritual concepts we discuss, to have a meaningful discussion we'd have to agree on a definition of the 3rd eye and what it means to open it.

I wonder if that is possible? 

In my view, if the 3rd eye is truly open, it cannot be abused or misused in any way as it is a direct connection to the truth which is love.

On the other hand, I suspect that many who seek to open the 3rd eye are lusting after power and something more than what they perceive they already are. In that mind-space, we often throw caution to the wind. 

Steve, I think an agreed upon definition could be ball-parked as it has more or less been done via the many mystics, saints, sages, masters, etc. in well recognized and regarded texts or witness that recounts such experience.

As far as 3rd eye abuse goes I have to disagree with you in the sense that until a soul has passed the point of no return  the potential for failure and possible abuse still remains - for instance the historic Buddha, who was very far advanced in vision at the time of his great battle for enlightenment could have failed at that moment with him then becoming a great demonic like lord abusing 3rd eye vision.  The same goes for Jesus who could have failed in the garden or even on the cross right at the end, thus becoming the next great satanic like lord abusing 3rd eye vision... the same potential for horrific failure along with being turned has had to be overcome by all the great mystics, saints, sages, masters, buddhas, gurus, and regular Joe's and Jane's at some point... otherwise such a test would not be real with real consequences!  

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

I kind of think of it like this.

Think of a window that is covered with dirt. As we progress the dirt is removed. Yet each step of the way our vision has been impacted by our level of depth or how clean the view is.

Opening the third eye can lead to many amazing things. Those amazing sights can also keep us trapped because of what we see.

Also just because it is open in no way does that mean it can't be abused. Desires and attachments are still there. Anyone can fall at anytime.

• Like 2

I'd say that the "point of no return" includes full realization of the impact of one's actual deeds and also further potential for both good or evil without there being pretense about same - and then the irrevocable action of surrender of one's personal designs that brings them into unveiled alignment with spirit through deep in bones soul, heart and mind knowingness of such that can't be twisted around, denied or covered back up with a lie.

Edited by 3bob

In internal alchemy it is often emphasized that the sexual energy should not be confused with the primordial essence that replenishes the sexual energy. The same is true of the mind that thinks and the psychic mind, which are merely complex shapings of spiritual energy that are interpreted by our perception.

All too often we come to desire and attach to what manifests, and this attachment interferes with a more natural operation that uses continuous manifestation as a path towards integration with all things. When we take control over the building of this path, guiding it where we want rather than where we are led, we begin to interfere with the integration of all things.

And yet as our species evolves toward the spiritual, it is likely we will continue to build constructs and roads just as we have done with the material. If only we could realize the grand design we yearn to create is only attainable through following the road that we surrender to.

Edited by Daeluin

In internal alchemy it is often emphasized that the sexual energy should not be confused with the primordial essence that replenishes the sexual energy. The same is true of the mind that thinks and the psychic mind, which are merely complex shapings of spiritual energy that are interpreted by our perception.

All too often we come to desire and attach to what manifests, and this attachment interferes with a more natural operation that uses continuous manifestation as a path towards integration with all things. When we take control over the building of this path, guiding it where we want rather than where we are led, we begin to interfere with the integration of all things.

And yet as our species evolves toward the spiritual, it is likely we will continue to build constructs and roads just as we have done with the material. If only we could realize the grand design we yearn to create is only attainable through following the road that we surrender to.

Very well said. But it should also be realized that sexual energy is also a form of primordial essence (an attached version). Too often people wish to only focus on "higher energies" and effectively ignoring (spiritual bypassing) the work necessary at all layers.

• Like 1

TI, I'd say you should make mention that your posted link above leads directly off to another thread and not this one.

... in regards to many of your yoga related quotes... I'd ask how many of us here are interested in and speak at length of it's foundations of yama and niyama with the same level of energy, detail and or excitement that is often heard about visions and such?  The answer to that question should be obvious and telling...

Edited by 3bob

Their is a big difference between clairvoyance and the proper meaning of the "Opening of the Third Eye". It would be more than extraordinary to have met "a lot of people with their third eye open". The "gift of seeing" is clairvoyance, it also comes with the opening of the third eye but is is but a fraction of what the third eye encompasses.

I wonder if some clairvoyance is reliant on the third eye being open at all, or if the third eye must be open for clairvoyance to occur then maybe it only needs to be open partially. Choa Kok Sui states that "Lower clairvoyance uses the lower chakras" and that the 'third eye' is "the centre of higher clairvoyance".

A case in point, my mother has a great talent to see what is happening on the subtle body level, but she also 'sees' that she hasn't opened her third eye. In fact she started being able to see when she first opened her heart chakra. Throughout her life even before opening her heart chakra, she occasionally had random visions.  

I will say that from my corner of the world I do met "a lot of people with their third eye open".

One thing of note...

Not everyone who opens their 3rd eye will have sight. Some "know" where others can see.

I have read and do believe that with the 3rd eye open there is always "direct inner perception accompanied by inner vision".  According to Choa Kok Sui the third eye is direct inner perception with form, it is the open crown chakra that is capable of  direct inner perception without form.